Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Topic Options
#1224802 - Mon Jan 01 2018 11:19 PM Re: For the last time, Trump hasnít made the economy any better [Re: Wonder Boy]
Matter-eater Man
Offline Fair Play!

Was there a particular issue with what I posted WB? Just accusing a source of being partisan doesn't actually challenge what was in the article. And would you really be okay if a dem President went after the free press like Trump has? Trump lies a lot and it's the press's job to report it.

Fair play!

#1224803 - Tue Jan 02 2018 12:48 PM Re: For the last time, Trump hasnít made the economy any better [Re: Matter-eater Man]
Wonder Boy
Offline brutally Kamphausened

Loc: A glorious bold new America

I listed multiple examples where the Washington Post partisanly and deliberately got the story wrong in reporting about Trump and his administration.

And that, regardless of Washington Post propaganda, unemployment, consumer confidence, manufacturing jobs, annual U.S. growth, black employment and other economic measures are cited as having the best numbers since 2004, 2001, 1999. Years that FAR precede Obama's term. Rendering the propaganda that the numbers were better under Obama measurably false.
Period.

#1224804 - Tue Jan 02 2018 01:11 PM Re: For the last time, Trump hasnít made the economy any better [Re: Wonder Boy]
Wonder Boy

Ultimately Washington Post's "Fact Check" (i.e., liberal W Post reporters who clearly voted for Obama and Hillary) say "You can't give credit to one president" and that gives Trump two "FactCheck" Pinnochios from the outset. BUT THEN THEY SPEND THE WHOLE ARTICLE ARGUING THAT ONE PRESIDENT, BARACK OBAMA, IS RESPONSIBLE FOR TRUMP'S FIRST YEAR OF ECONOMIC GROWTH!

Hypocritical much?

The stock market rose immediately after Trump's Nov 2016 election in anticipation of what Trump would enact as president in his economic policy: de-regulation, lower taxes, and abolishing Obamacare (or at least abolishing the individual mandate, and penalties for opting out).
When you average the numbers over those years, averaging the worst years of job loss with the inevitable years of growth after the Great Recession bottomed out, Obama did not out-perform Trump. The Washington Post "FactCheck", liberal Obama/Hillary voter reporters all, found a context where they could manipulate the numbers to promote their side and bash Trump. But only in that narrow context.
2009 -5,068,000
2010 +1,061,000
2011 +2,091,000
2012 +2,142,000
2013 +2,302,000
2014 +2,998,000
2015 +2,713,000
2016 +2,240,000
Average of those 8 years: 1,309,000 jobs annually.

Trump's first year out the gate, not including December 2017:

Annual GDP growth average under Obama:
Never reached 3%.
Annual growth under Trump:
3.3%

I could go through each of these measures showing the smoke and mirrors used by the W Post ("FactCheck") to pump up Obama to be something he wasn't.

When W. Bush took office, you blamed W. Bush for a recession that began in the economic slowdown the last year Bill Clinton was in office, and reached the third quarter of negative economic growth to officially meet the defined criteria of a recession within days of when W. Bush was inaugurated. But there you blamed Bush, not his Democrat predecessor.

When the economy tanked under Obama, you blamed W. Bush for the policy that preceded it.
Now that the economy is booming under Trump, you allege that Obama's policy is what is causing Trump's success, despite a 180-degree turn of the economic ship under Trump's administration! This is not a continuation of Obama policy, this is a full rejection of it! A rejection of Obama that moves the economy in a less bureaucratic, more pro-business, more pro-growth direction.

#1224813 - Wed Jan 03 2018 11:00 PM Re: For the last time, Trump hasnít made the economy any better [Re: Wonder Boy]
Matter-eater Man
Offline Fair Play!

You may have noticed that most of the Obama years were over 1,700,000. That is not a 180 degree turn as you try to spin it. As pointed out at the beginning of this thread there wasn't a Trump bump. He inherited a growing economy like Bush did with Clinton. The only 180 degree turn is your reaction to the stock market now that it isn't a democrat in power.

Fair play!

#1224815 - Fri Jan 05 2018 02:09 PM Re: For the last time, Trump hasnít made the economy any better [Re: Matter-eater Man]
Wonder Boy

Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
You may have noticed that most of the Obama years were over 1,700,000. That is not a 180 degree turn as you try to spin it. As pointed out at the beginning of this thread there wasn't a Trump bump. He inherited a growing economy like Bush did with Clinton. The only 180 degree turn is your reaction to the stock market now that it isn't a democrat in power.

Are you hallucinating?
As I just said above, the economy was declining in the last year of Bill Clinton, and almost the day George W. Bush was inaugurated, stats were released that the nation had its third consecutive quarter of negative economic growth, meeting the official criteria for a recession. Since Bush was in office for days, and not for 3 quarters, he cannot be blamed for the RECESSION HE INHERITED.

As I also laid out regarding Trump, his policy IS a 180-degree turn from Obama's statist, big government, anti-capitalist policy. Polar opposite Obama, with Trump cutting regulation and lowering taxes, encouraging businesses to bring factories and jobs back to the United States. That is certainly NOT a continuation of what Obama was doing.
And like Reagan in 1981-1982, it will take a while to see the full benefit of Trump's 180-degree turn of the economic ship. Even so, we are already seeing 3.3% growth, and there was never one year of Obama's 8 years that the economy reached 3%. Trump has already done that, EVEN WITH the destruction to the economy caused by 5 devastating hurricanes to the U.S. in the tens of billions each. If not for that, Trump's policy would have already reached 4% annual growth.

Obama's policy created false "growth" by creating $10 trillion in new federal debt over his 8 year term, more than all previous presidents combined. And printing over 3 trillion in new currency (there was only 800 billion in printed currency when Obama took office), more than quadrupling the money supply. It was a smoke and mirrors presidency.
But if you're an Alinsky-trained cultural Marxist revolutionary, that kind of policy that sets up the U.S. for self-destruction that kills jobs and makes tens of millions more dependent on the federal government (and therefore perfect statist Democrat voters) makes perfect sense. Likewise Hillary Clinton, another Alinsky-trained cultural Marxist revolutionary.

Deception is at the core of planning for these and other Democrats. Obamacare, for example, was designed to fail, to collapse. And coincidentally, to collapse in 2017. Hillary Clinton was supposed to win in Nov 2016, and she would have then bailed out the planned healthcare collapse and declared socialized medicine (i.e., "single payer") to replace it. Not because it accidentally failed, but precisely because it was designed to fail from the very outset.
Likewise "fast and furious", designed by Democrats to smear gun retailers and justify a crackdown on gun retailers, but the true facts were exposed and blew up in their face. Another Democrat deception.
The names Hillary Clinton, Debbie Wasserman-Schultz, and Donna Brazille are all likewise self-explanatory examples of Democrat deception, in the scandals synonymous with their names and Wikipedia listings.
Likewise Al Franken.
Chuck Schumer.
Harry Reid.
Nancy Pelosi.
Dick Durbin.
>>>ALL<<<< the Democrat leadership!

Aided and abetted by anti-American puppetmasters like George Soros and new Washington Post owner/billionaire Jeff Bezos. These Democrats and their benefactors are globalists and cultural Marxists whose shared goals are destruction of U.S. sovereignty, and absorption of the U.S. into the global system, and a contempt for the U.S. Constitution and the rule of law in achieving those ends.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.

#1224818 - Fri Jan 05 2018 07:45 PM Re: For the last time, Trump hasnít made the economy any better [Re: Wonder Boy]
Matter-eater Man
Offline Fair Play!

The last quarter of Clinton's presidency the economy grew 2.1 percent . Clinton's economic expansion lasted his whole time as President. And the record growth happened without adding to the deficit by giving the very wealthiest a big tax cut. The recession that happened 2001 was one of the most shallow ones ever. It probably wouldn't have even registered as one if 9/11 hadn't happened. Bush's second recession was one of the worst recessions we've had.

Fair play!

#1224819 - Fri Jan 05 2018 08:01 PM Re: For the last time, Trump hasnít made the economy any better [Re: Matter-eater Man]
Wonder Boy

That's not what I remember. The liberal media were screaming Armageddon (to borrow a recent Nancy Pelosi phrase) from the moment W. Bush took office. The media attacke and attacked and undermined Bush his first 8 months. Then when 9-11-2001 happened, they held back for 6 months or so, to not look like the unpatriotic deceitful scum they truly are. As soon as the first Democrat thought it was safe to attack W. Bush again, the entire DNC and their liberal media brethren unleashed on Bush all over again. I didn't even vote for Bussh in 2000 (I did in 2004), but it offended me the onesidedness of it, and how they (like with Trump now) did their damnedest to destroy his presidency in the womb.

And by the way, Wikipedia clearly disagrees with you that Bush created the 2001 recession:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economic_policy_of_the_George_W._Bush_administration

Quote:
During his first term (2001Ė2004), President Bush sought and obtained Congressional approval for the Bush tax cuts, which mainly comprised the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 (EGTRRA) and the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 (JGTRRA). These acts decreased many income tax rates, reduced the capital gains tax, increased the child tax credit and eliminated the so-called "marriage penalty", and were set to expire in 2010, while increasing federal deficits by an estimated 1.5% to 2.0% GDP each year.[1] Among the many stated rationales for the large income tax cuts of 2001 and 2003 was the 2001 recession, which followed the bursting of the Dot-com bubble in late 2000 and early 2001. [Further, some influential conservatives such as Alan Greenspan believed that the nearly $5 trillion in budget surpluses forecast by the CBO for the 2002-2011 period should be given back to taxpayers rather than used to pay down the national debt.

Regarding the later Great Recession in Bush's second term, that again was scapegoated entirely on Bush and the Republicans by a deceitful media in full collusion with the Democrat leadership. As I've cited before, even a leftist journalist like Naomi Klein on C-Span said that was a deception, that both parties shared blame for the circumstances that created the mortgage bubble and the subprime crisis, and failure to create regulation that would have prevented it. And she further said that if primary blame were to be heaped on one party or the other, the primary blame would go to the Democrats.

How many dozens of times have I cited that.

Further, I also cited how Republicans throughout the Bush years leading up to 2008 pushed for stricter lending standards, and fanatics like Barney Frank and Maxine Waters and Alcee Hastings, and John Conyers and Keith Ellison basically called the Republicans mean and racist and "hate the poor" for wanting to reign in lending standards. And not wanting to be perceived as mean or racist, republicans ultimately let it drop, until it reached crisis proportions.

I've previously shown YouTube footage of Democrat House members demonizing Republicans for trying to do the responsible thing. I've previously posted a Fox News report from 2007 (who else would report the inconvenient facts?) that showed all the Republican attempts to legislate stricter lending standards to avert a crisis.

And I further showed Rep Barney Frank assuring everyone that Fannie Mae was "perfectly sound" financially, and stable going forward. What he assured, right up to the day it collapsed. Fannie Mae was a huge donor to Barack Obama, the official they donated the most to. Fannie Mae's head was Franklin Raines, who was coincidentally part of Obama's Vice Presidential Selection Committee, that selected Joseph Biden. And now Biden wants to run for President in 2020. The ties, the corruption, run very deep on the Democrat side.

But yeah, sure, against the facts, it's all George W. Bush's fault.

• from Do Racists have lower IQ's...

Liberals who bemoan discrimination, intolerance, restraint of Constitutional freedoms, and promotion of hatred toward various abberant minorities, have absolutely no problem with discriminating against, being intolerant of, restricting Constitutional freedoms of, and directing hate-filled scapegoat rhetoric against conservatives.

EXACTLY what they accuse Republicans/conservatives of doing, is EXACTLY what liberals/Democrats do themselves, to those who oppose their beliefs.

#1224821 - Fri Jan 05 2018 09:16 PM Re: For the last time, Trump hasnít made the economy any better [Re: Wonder Boy]
Matter-eater Man
Offline Fair Play!

I didn't say it was all his fault but I think it's also silly of you to try to place more blame on Barney Frank than Bush. And I would suggest reviewing some of the economic data during Obama and Clinton's terms in office if you really care about the facts.

Fair play!

#1224847 - Tue Jan 09 2018 09:40 AM Re: For the last time, Trump hasnít made the economy any better [Re: Matter-eater Man]
Wonder Boy

Specifically what?

#1224848 - Tue Jan 09 2018 09:41 AM Re: For the last time, Trump hasnít made the economy any better [Re: Matter-eater Man]
Wonder Boy

Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
I didn't say it was all his fault but I think it's also silly of you to try to place more blame on Barney Frank than Bush. And I would suggest reviewing some of the economic data during Obama and Clinton's terms in office if you really care about the facts.

Specifically what?

Page 3 of 5 <12345>

Hop to:
October
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31
Forum Stats
3008 Members
14 Forums
65535 Topics
1187282 Posts

Max Online: 1242 @ Thu Mar 31 2016 02:41 PM
New Topics
Jim Starlin interview
by Wonder Boy
Trump compares Saudi Crown Prince to Kavanaugh
by Matter-eater Man
What collected edition hardcovers would you like to see?
by Wonder Boy
"Pocahantas" takes a DNA test
by Wonder Boy
Did anyone even know there was a new Neal Adams DEADMAN series?
by Wonder Boy
The funniest thing I've seen today
by Wonder Boy
Hurricane Michael devastates Pensacola, FL gulf coast
by Wonder Boy
"Deal with the Devil" stories in comics
by Wonder Boy
Spam!
by iggy
Off topic...
by iggy