RKMBs
Posted By: Jim Jackson The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-05 4:25 PM

Well?
Posted By: Captain Cranky Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-05 5:11 PM
Oh, yeah! In a week or so.
Posted By: Bianca Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-05 6:18 PM
I'd like to see it tonight . . . just don't know if I'm going to be able to get someone to go with me tonight.

Pat would fall asleep 30 minutes in . . . **sigh**
Posted By: Fused Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-05 6:23 PM
I'm so down.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-05 6:45 PM
Midnight show t'night IhopeIhopeIhope!!!
Posted By: Disco Steve Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-05 7:31 PM
OH MAN. I must.
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-05 7:40 PM
Seeing it this afternoon most likely. I'll letcha know...
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-05 7:44 PM
Seeing it this weekend.
Posted By: Jim Jackson Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-05 8:11 PM
The kids and I are going tonight, after work. Then having pizza afterwards. Payday is good. Well, adequate. Well, it is what it is...
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
The kids and I are going tonight, after work. Then having pizza afterwards. Payday is good. Well, adequate. Well, it is what it is...

I want pizza.
Posted By: Jason E. Perkins Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-05 10:48 PM
Tomorrow night. My friend is paying for the extra matinee prices.
Posted By: LLance Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-05 10:55 PM
I'll go but only if you all HIGHLY recommend it.
Posted By: Jason E. Perkins Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-05 11:23 PM
i HIGHLY recommend it.
Posted By: Cowgirl Jack Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-06 1:18 AM
"You tell me where my super suit is, woman!"

Oh yeah, LOVED the movie. The little skit before it was good too.
Posted By: Animalman Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-06 3:41 AM
Looks great. Hope to see it this weekend.
Posted By: Nonoxynol9 Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-06 7:40 AM
Did anyone catch the trailer for Episode III? I'm not too excited about it... but I hear it's going to have the biggest space battle ever on film... and there's nothing I love more than a good space battle.

Non
Posted By: whomod Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-06 8:17 AM
I HIGHLY recommend it.

Pretty much an above average movie.
Posted By: Byron Zinzer Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-06 2:04 PM
GREAT MOVIE for all comic fans!
Posted By: Pariah Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-06 2:08 PM
Even if I could see it, I wouldn't bother.

Not interested.
Posted By: Byron Zinzer Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-06 2:13 PM
FUN film
Posted By: Jim Jackson Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-06 5:31 PM
Really, really good movie.
Posted By: Batwoman Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-06 7:38 PM
I'm so there! Jus don't know when. Hopefully I can see it while it's still in theaters, and since it costs so freakin much, I might end up at a matine instead of a later show to weed all the kids out. I'll have to go fishing this weekend, see if i can drag any friends with me next weeked.
Posted By: Franta Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-07 2:55 AM
What a great film!

Some many tributes to the comic genre!
Posted By: Disco Steve Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-07 11:04 AM
I loved the hell out of it. Especially the soundtrack.

And Jason Lee. It's nice to see Brodie's still working.
Posted By: Franta Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-07 11:09 AM
I loved when Mr Incredible called him Brodie by mistake!
My brother bought the CD today and loves it!
Ill have to grab it!
Posted By: Disco Steve Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-07 11:19 AM
Heh, he did, didn't he... I didn't notice that it was Jason Lee until the middle of the movie.
Posted By: Franta Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-07 11:45 AM
i knew Jason Lee was in it....but it was a few lines after he called him Brodie that I knew it was his voice!
I thought maybe they were throwing an in-joke for the fanboys.
Posted By: Disco Steve Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-07 11:48 AM
They probably were.

I knew Jason Lee was in it, but forgot. Excellent.
Posted By: Franta Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-07 11:50 AM
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

I loved the fact that the heroes had to give up because of political views (much like the JSA!).
And the sidekick's return as abad guy (Jason Todd).
The family itself seemed much like the Fantastic Four!
Spoiler space?
Posted By: rex Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-07 2:38 PM
and time!
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-07 7:25 PM
A really, really, fun movie.

It's more or less how a "Fantastic Four" movie SHOULD have been done.
Quote:

rex said:
and time!

Nicely played.

Quote:

the G-man said:
A really, really, fun movie.

It's more or less how a "Fantastic Four" movie SHOULD have been done.

That's what I'm hearing to. Now the ante's been upped.

I WILL be seeing this movie 2day.
Posted By: Disco Steve Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-07 8:31 PM
The circumstances seemed very Watchmenesque.
Posted By: the G-man Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-07 8:40 PM
There's a bit of a "Watchmen" vibe, or even "Kingdom Come" or "Dark Knight," insofar as the movie begins with a world in which superheroes were outlawed.

But the basic dynamic of the Incredibles is very much a "Fantastic Four" one, the way that we have a family of heroes that bicker while fighting crime.

There's even a scene at the end, as others have noted, that is a direct homage to key events in FF #1.
Posted By: Disco Steve Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-08 2:32 AM
What was it? In the most general of terms, of course, to not spoil it for everyone.
Posted By: Franta Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-08 3:12 AM
Quote:

Wednesday said:
Spoiler space?

OOPS

done
Posted By: Batwoman Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-08 7:47 AM
I MIGHT be seeing it Saturday night, depending on if we're playing wihrly ball and if so what time. But from what I've seen of the commercials, does the speed kid remind anyone else of Impulse or is it just me?
Posted By: Franta Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-08 7:54 AM
NEXT Saturday?

NEXT WEEKEND YOU PROMISED TO MEET US AT THE MOTOR CITY CON IN CHICAGO BECAUSE YOU BLEW US OFF AT WIZARD WORLD!
WE HAVENT EVEN GOTTEN THE GUESTLIST YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: Batwoman Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-08 8:29 AM
Posted By: Franta Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-08 10:10 AM
Geez

at leaast gimme the guest list!

Oh and here's that pic of you, ROY and me!

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frantascripts/detail?.dir=/a9aa&.dnm=6956.jpg&.src=ph
Posted By: ZOD Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-08 10:15 AM
If ZOD finds out they fashioned anything or anyone after ZOD in this film, ZOD shall sue Disney's ass until it's raw!!
Posted By: Jason E. Perkins Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-08 11:40 AM
Incredible.
Posted By: Franta Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-08 1:06 PM
Quote:

ZOD said:
If ZOD finds out they fashioned anything or anyone after ZOD in this film, ZOD shall sue Disney's ass until it's raw!!

Nope,
I didnt see one flaming homosexual.
Posted By: Disco Steve Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-09 5:10 AM
It was pointed out to me that the plot of the entire film is reminiscent of Watchmen, and I totally agree. Thoughts?
Posted By: Chant Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-14 9:05 PM
I thought it was hilarious

Thumbs up!
Posted By: Jeremy Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2004-11-14 10:46 PM
Good movie, very funny. The short in the beginning was good too.
Posted By: rex Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2005-03-20 7:17 AM
You all are out of your fucking minds. That little cartoon at the beginning sucked.

Other than that is was a great movie. Took my nephew to see it and we both loved it.
One little problem I had with it was it "borrowed" so much from comics, other than that I'd say its the best non Toy Story Pixar movie.

I was fucking pissed that they didn't show the Star Wars trailer before the movie, but I guess thats what I get for going to a second run theater.

Anyone get the DVD yet?
Posted By: PrincessElisa Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2005-03-20 7:24 AM
Nopers rex......after moving, car payment, credit card payments, and gas I'm kinda broke atm :P
Posted By: Darknight613 Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2005-03-20 7:25 AM
Just got it today - my fee for helping out at my dad's store this past week.

It's earned its place in the pantheon of my favortie movies.
Posted By: PJP Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2005-03-20 7:48 AM
we just finished watching it. I liked it.
Posted By: PrincessElisa Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2005-03-20 8:04 AM
Pjs.....tsk tsk! You had NEVER seen the movie before?
Posted By: PJP Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2005-03-20 11:38 AM
I usually wait till DVD.......It was OK for me......my wife loved it.....I think I may have been too tired too enjoy it.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2005-03-20 8:22 PM
Just saw it last night for the first time. Hilarious! I really dug all the stuff with Dash. I'm a sucker for speedster characters. I thought Frozone was LMAO funny. I love Samuel Jackson.

As for it being compared to Watchmen, I'm not sure. I see the vague similarities. However, the JSA-type banning, and the most obvious of nods to the FF are what defined it for me. I mean, come on....Jack-Jack/Franklin Richards? It's obvious.

10 out of 10. Great movie. Will own it.
Posted By: NurikoK98 Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2005-03-20 9:31 PM
Quote:

rex said:
One little problem I had with it was it "borrowed" so much from comics,

It was "inspired by" the comics! It was an homage to the comics!
Homage . . . that's a French word meaning "we liked it so much we stole it".
Posted By: Danny Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2005-03-21 4:01 PM
Yeah, well, I bet they stole the word 'homage' from someone. Fucking French...
Posted By: Jim Jackson Re: The Incredibles...Who's Seeing It? - 2005-03-21 6:33 PM
Quote:

Prometheus said:
As for it being compared to Watchmen, I'm not sure. I see the vague similarities. However, the JSA-type banning, and the most obvious of nods to the FF are what defined it for me. I mean, come on....Jack-Jack/Franklin Richards? It's obvious.

((Watchmen + Fantastic Four) x Comedy)/Pixar's usual great animation = THE INCREDIBLES
© RKMBs