RKMBs
Posted By: thedoctor TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-24 8:45 PM
I was flipping through the channels last night and came across TV Land's Top Ten TV Cars. It got me to thinking about what are the most badass vehicles ever put on the small screen.

The Dukes of Hazzard - The General Lee

An oragne paint job, doors that don't open, and a Rebel Flag on the roof (and no one gave a damn about it back then, either) made this '69 Dodge Charger a classic. Though the Replacement Dukes season proved that the car wasn't the only thing on the show that people wanted to see, it was the backbone for the formula of high speed chases and outrageous stunts. I don't know anyone who would have enjoyed a show where the General didn't vault over a dry creek bed or pig farm. It was like jumping was the car's secret weapon that no one could escape from. Yeeeeeee-hawwwwwwww!

Posted By: thedoctor Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-24 9:07 PM
Airwolf - Airwolf

A helicopter with machine guns, rocket launches, AND can do Mach 1! Sign me up. This copter could do just about damned near anything. Kept secret in a hollowed out mountain in the desert, Ernest Borgnine and Jan-Michael Vincent pulled this bad boy out when the Geraldo Rivera in an eyepatch guy came around with his crazy shit.

Posted By: klinton Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-24 9:26 PM
OMG! Airwolf...that was some great shit back in the day!
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-24 9:38 PM
While all the other five-year-olds were growing up on Sesame Street, I had a steady diet of Airwolf, Knight Rider reruns, and MacGyver.

And you all wonder why I'm so screwed up.
Posted By: Grimm Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-24 9:53 PM
Quote:

And you all wonder why I'm so screwed up

Nah, we pretty much figured that out a while ago.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-24 10:32 PM
The Munsters - The Munster Koach and Dragula

No vehicle more represented the personalities of its owners than these two did. One's a hot rod/herse hybrid. The other is literally a coffin on wheels. The details on these two, especially the Koach, make them far above any other vehicle to roll on four tires. Cobwebbed laterns for headlights, a huge fuckin' engine, and the finest coffin liner fabric on your seats make you the badass at 1313 Mockingbird Lane. This car kicks so much undead ass that it makes me wanna smile.

Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-24 10:48 PM
You cannot mention these tv cars without mentioning George Barras!

I assume the Gran Torino & Batmobile will be forthcoming!
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-24 10:56 PM
Some cars are best forgotten!

Posted By: Rob Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-24 10:57 PM
well, definitely do NOT praise the other knight rider car. ...no, not KARR, i mean the awful pick selected for the knight rider "update" (knight rider 2000?) with the red KITT.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-24 11:05 PM
Racist!
Posted By: thedoctor Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-24 11:30 PM
Knight Rider - the Knight Industries Two-Thousand(K.I.T.T.)

I can't think of a single person who tuned into this show for David Hasselhoff's acting. It was all about the '82 Trans Am that talked and shot lasers. It's a fact that K.I.T.T. was the brains AND brawn of the bunch. He always had to tell Michael what to do, how to do it, and save the jackasses ass while taking a barrage of gunfire. Michael Knight got as much tail as he did because he was ridin' in a car that could drive itself and leap over a busy intersection. I stop at when they added that goofy ass extra speed thingy (the car already did 200mph for gob's sake) that made it stretch out and look like crap. That was totally gay.

Posted By: thedoctor Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-24 11:31 PM
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:
well, definitely do NOT praise the other knight rider car. ...no, not KARR, i mean the awful pick selected for the knight rider "update" (knight rider 2000?) with the red KITT.

I had no problem with the car. It was kinda cool lookin'. The script, on the other hand.......
Posted By: thedoctor Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-24 11:34 PM
Quote:

Nowhereman said:
You cannot mention these tv cars without mentioning George Barras!

I assume the Gran Torino & Batmobile will be forthcoming!

Especially since he built damned near everything on this list. Also, anyone else can add their own choices for a badass vehicles since I'm choseing mine based on my own viewing pleasures.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 12:06 AM
Doctor Who - the Tardis

Didn't see this one coming, didja? And it should have been so obvious. This bad boy not only travels through space, but time as well. Also, even though it's only the size of a telephone booth on the outside, it's as big as a palace on the inside. Wrap your noggin' around that one. It's been cross dimensions, tossed of the side of mountains, shot at, and gone through just about every nasty thing you can think of. It may not work the way the Doctor wants it to all the time, but that's because it has a mind of its own, literally.

Posted By: thedoctor Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 12:35 AM
Star Trek Franchise - the Enterprise

This space ships are the shiznits. Fucking transporters, torpedoes, the works. What really makes these ships kick ass is the fact that all of them can take a hell of a beatin' and keep on keepin' on. Each one has been through some hellatious shit only to keep on flying out there in deep space. Full ass kickin' ahead. Warp factor five!
Posted By: wannabuyamonkey Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 1:28 AM
The A-Team Van!

Pictured here next the the fall guy truck

BA's van is helluva fast and a sweet looking ride. It's not just a suped up high performance vehicle, but it's also a mobile comand center with everything from an imbeded arsenal to communications equipment to a photo lab and printing press. Don't be fooled by it's flashy style and unique apperance it's the perfect van for fugitives trying to blend in and not draw attention.

Specs:
The van is a 1983 G-series custom. The engine is a 350 cid with minor modifications done mainly the carburator and exhaust system. The wheels are turbine style 15" painted black with red accents with P235/65 15-front and P 275/65 15-rear. The main color is semi-gloss black-bottom, semi gloss dark gun metal grey metal flake-top with red striping. Other mod's include- quad headlight conversion, full front brushbar, fog/driving lights, exterior sun visor, quad square exhaust tips (each side in front of rear wheels), and custom made rear wing. Interior was custom-white naugahide bucket seats, shag carpet, and custom gun case in the back (Guns were Ruger Mini 14 stainless steel ranch model with side eject and paratrooper folding stocks-two were modified for full automatic).
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 1:41 AM
For anyone who is interested,we have a great museum over here.

http://www.carsofthestars.com/
Posted By: Cowgirl Jack Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 1:50 AM
Kinda off topic, but my neighbor owns a Herbie.
Posted By: rex Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 2:46 AM
Airwolf is my favorite of the bunch. For some reason I never really liked Knight rider.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 2:53 AM
Quote:

rex said:
Airwing is my favorite of the bunch. For some reason I never really liked Knight rider.

What the fuck is Airwing?
Pay attention reax
Posted By: Cowgirl Jack Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 2:55 AM
I'm surprised this vehicle is not mentioned:

Posted By: rex Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 2:56 AM
Quote:

rex said:
Airwolf is my favorite of the bunch. For some reason I never really liked Knight rider.

Posted By: rex Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 2:58 AM
Does this include cartoons? If so my favorite is the BTAS batmobile.
Posted By: PenWing Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 3:01 AM
How about the Whitestar?
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 3:29 AM
Hey Doc, you made a great pick with the Enterprise, but you left out its most badass incarnation, the Enterprise-E from First Contact, Insurrection, and Nemesis. If you're gonna acknowledge the existence of that malodorous prequel series, at least let us have the E as a consolation prize.

I LOVE your list, though. Fantastic choices.
Posted By: PenWing Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 3:33 AM
My favorite Enterprise will always be the one Kirk blew up. I can't beleive how pathetic the ST people were back then when they introduced the Enterprise-A as the same ship that was blown up. Couldn't they have made it look a little different? My second favorite is Enterprise-E.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 3:39 AM
What? No love for the Light Cycles from TRON?
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 3:54 AM
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Hey Doc, you made a great pick with the Enterprise, but you left out its most badass incarnation, the Enterprise-E from First Contact, Insurrection, and Nemesis.

He omitted it because this is a list of TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles, not Film's Most Kick Ass Vehicles...
Posted By: PenWing Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 4:06 AM
Quote:

Chewy Walrus said:
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Hey Doc, you made a great pick with the Enterprise, but you left out its most badass incarnation, the Enterprise-E from First Contact, Insurrection, and Nemesis.

He omitted it because this is a list of TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles, not Film's Most Kick Ass Vehicles...

Someone should start that thread.
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 4:20 AM
Go for it.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 4:27 AM
I always loved the valkyries from Macross/Robotech.

Posted By: thedoctor Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 5:25 AM
Quote:

Chewy Walrus said:
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:

Chewy, did I ever tell you that you're my hero?
Posted By: thedoctor Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 5:27 AM
Quote:

Joe Mama said:

I swear. It's like posting a list of TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles with my brother's kids.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 5:30 AM
Quote:

rex said:
Does this include cartoons? If so my favorite is the BTAS batmobile.

If it was on a made for TV program, it's fair game.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 5:41 AM
Quote:

thedoctor said:
Quote:

Joe Mama said:

I swear. It's like posting a list of TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles with my brother's kids.

shut up. stoopidface.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 5:50 AM
Quote:

Joe Mama said:
Quote:

thedoctor said:
Quote:

Joe Mama said:

shut up. stoopidface.

Would you have rather me just said "Fucknut" and been done with it?
Posted By: Jason E. Perkins Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 5:58 AM
Quote:

thedoctor said:

Then we should probably include the mostest kick assest TV vehicles EVER...

Talk about kick ass! Not only were they vehicles, they were vehicles with HUGE FUCKIN' GUNS! Not only that, but they TRANSFORMED to HUGE FUCKING ROBOTS...WITH GUNS! You see, the planet Cybertron is running low on energy. The heroic Autobots, led by Optimus Prime, set out in space to search for more energy but are attacked by the Evil Decepticons led by Megatron. Both races crash on Earth and lie in suspended animation for--yadda yadda yadda--THEY WERE HUGE FUCKING ROBOTS WITH GUNS, MOTHER FUCKER!

I'm sorry I had to completely dessimate everyone else's choices for kick ass vehicles (except maybe for KITT) but...you know...
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 5:59 AM
you're a "fucknut", mister doody-pants.

i wan' a grilled cheese sammich or i'm tellin' daddy.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 7:11 AM
Quote:

Wednesday said:
Quote:

thedoctor said:

Talk about kick ass! Not only were they vehicles, they were vehicles with HUGE FUCKIN' GUNS! Not only that, but they TRANSFORMED to HUGE FUCKING ROBOTS...WITH GUNS! You see, the planet Cybertron is running low on energy. The heroic Autobots, led by Optimus Prime, set out in space to search for more energy but are attacked by the Evil Decepticons led by Megatron. Both races crash on Earth and lie in suspended animation for--yadda yadda yadda--THEY WERE HUGE FUCKING ROBOTS WITH GUNS, MOTHER FUCKER!

I'm sorry I had to completely dessimate everyone else's choices for kick ass vehicles (except maybe for KITT) but...you know...

Decepticons, motha fucka!
Posted By: rex Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 7:12 AM
Looks like the decepticons were taken over by tripod!
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 7:17 AM
Yeah?
Posted By: Cowgirl Jack Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 8:10 AM
Quote:

Wednesday said:
Quote:

thedoctor said:

Dude, beat you to it!
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 8:12 AM
How about Bart Simpson's skateboard?
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 8:13 AM
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 8:23 AM
Quote:

Chewy Walrus said:
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:

Point. I was confused since he said "Star Trek Franchise".
Posted By: Jeremy Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 8:29 AM
If you're doing Transformers, then you have to toss in this:

Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 8:30 AM
Bless you!
Posted By: rex Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 8:30 AM
Voltron kicks so much ass. That was my favorite cartoon when I was a kid.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 8:31 AM
Voltron: Defender of the Universe!
Posted By: rex Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 8:32 AM
I had both of the voltron robots. I really need to buy those again.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 8:35 AM
Posted By: Jeremy Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 11:18 AM
Okay so it's not exactly kick ass, but it's He-Man.
Posted By: rex Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 11:20 AM
It looks like a rip-off of the Mystery Van with tank treads and a missile launcher.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 11:21 AM
Shoulda just stuck with Voltron...
Posted By: Jason E. Perkins Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 11:45 AM
Quote:

Cowgirl Jack said:
Quote:

Wednesday said:
Quote:

thedoctor said:

Dude, beat you to it!

Eh?

Quote:

Cowgirl Jack said:
I'm surprised this vehicle is not mentioned:

Fuck!
Posted By: Jason E. Perkins Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 11:56 AM
Quote:

Jeremy said:
Okay so it's not exactly kick ass, but it's He-Man.

Technically.
Posted By: rex Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 12:09 PM
That brings back a lot of memories.
Posted By: backwards7 Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 2:35 PM
Will you all point and laugh at me if I say that I prefered

over

?
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 4:22 PM
Quote:

rex said:
Quote:

rex said:

Nice editing reax!
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 4:25 PM
Quote:

backwards7 said:
Will you all point and laugh at me if I say that I prefered

over

?

No,but we will stone you to death!
Posted By: PJP Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 4:32 PM
Quote:

rex said:
Voltron kicks so much ass. That was my favorite cartoon when I was a kid.

It was one of my favorites too......except for the fact that with the exception of maybe 2 episodes it ended the same way every time!
Posted By: Snapman Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 4:40 PM
Posted By: thedoctor Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 5:34 PM
Quote:

Snapman said:

"Look out! No brakes! No brakes!"
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 5:45 PM
Quote:

Snapman said:

Posted By: Jason E. Perkins Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 6:23 PM

Don't get Bret Matthews hot. You wouldn't like him when he's hot.

It's no secret that the government dabbles in top-secret experiments, like, daily. And it's no secret that things go horribly wrong with these experiments, like, daily, creating nigh-unstoppable viruses, mutant freaks of nature, and other great fodder for comedies and children's television.

Lightning strikes, BOOM! High-school journalism student, Bret Matthews, accidentally crashes his sports car through the walls of the test laboratory (as high-school journalism students are prone to do) and is struck by the ray of...some machine that does...something. As a result of this freak accident, Bret is now one with his car! That's right, I said he's one with his own car!

Watch out for that hot water, Bret. Don't go breakdancing at that school function with your sweater on, Bret. You know what happens when your temperature rises. You'll transform into that red sports car, B-Money. Oh no, too late! Well, at least you can use your unique ability to solve mysteries and fight crime with your friends, Alex and Pattie. And don't worry, not only do they already know your secret, but they have that strong female/smart black male supporting characters thing covered.
Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53 Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 6:25 PM
Turbo teen!
Posted By: Jason E. Perkins Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 6:30 PM
Damn straight !
Posted By: thedoctor Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-25 6:45 PM
I loved how his friends were total jerks and used him for every little thing. "Hey, Bret! We want to go to the Drive-in. Here. Let me set you jacket on fire so you can transform." Assholes.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-26 12:15 AM
The Fall Guy - Colt Seavers's Truck

It's a death defyin' life I lead. I take my chances. I die for a livin' in the movies and TV.

Well, if you're a stuntman who moonlights as a bounty hunter, you need one tough set of wheels. Lee Majors had just that in his customed GMC pick-up. It has that extra height and tough suspension to take all the leaps and jumps Colt and his cousin Howie put it through. Don't forget the bar across the front for slamming into bad guys' cars, through fences, or anything else that might get in the way of a car chase. It always seemed stocked with whatever contraptions or materials Colt just used in a movie stunt that would be perfect for special criminal trapping occassion. The killer logo on the front and the beautiful Heather Thomas in the passenger seat rounds out the coolness of this truck.

Posted By: Batwoman Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-26 1:17 AM
These are the best pictures I can find of this, the U.N.C.L.E. car that was in the last season.

Posted By: thedoctor Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-26 1:54 AM
A picture ain't gonna cut it. Why is it badass?
Posted By: the G-man Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-26 6:44 AM
It was a 60s spy car. By definition it was bad ass.

It was no Adam West Batmobile, however.
Posted By: Batwoman Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-26 7:21 AM
thanks. I'm working on getting more info for it. I think I only saw it in 1 episode myself so I'm no expert. There wasn't much info on it, as far as what cool gadets it had, online. I know it was done to 'compete' so to speak, with Bond's car.

I do know this much, it was designed off a concept car, the Paranah.
Posted By: Batwoman Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-26 7:35 AM
OK, managed to find some info on the car, just took some digging. I'm sure though, I can get better once they FINALLY release the post I sent over an hour ago asking for information (don't get me started on the stupidity of STILL being on moderated status on that list, all for sticking up for a blind guy).

The frame of the Piranha was made of fiberglass with a steel cage housing the front and rear suspension. It had a wheelbase of 88" and was 156" long and only 41-1/2" tall. Power came from a rear-mounted Corvair engine. The body panels were made of Cycolac, a thermo-plastic, and featured gullwing doors. The vehicle had many mock features, including flame throwers, machine guns, rocket lauchers, laser beams, a radar screen, parachute, and various hidden interior devices. It even had operating marine propellers, but the car was not amphibious.

Winfield is also responsible for other familiar TV vehicles including both the shuttlecraft and Klingon battlecruiser from "Star Trek," cars for "T.H.E. Cat", "The Hero", and a custom called the "Reactor" that appeared on "Bewitched", "Batman", and an episode of "Star Trek." Films that featured his work include Woody Allen's "Sleeper", "The Last Starfighter", and "Blade Runner."
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-26 4:47 PM
The Batmobile
Ok,was there any car cooler than this one,whether it be tv or the big screen?
I dont think so!
The car was of course another George Barris design and was absolutely perfect for its owner.
Not only did the front end resemble the famous Bat-cowl,but the jagged fins at the rear emulated the Bat-cape!
In essence this car was Batman in automotive form.
Chock full of gadgets just like Batmans utility belt & with that prescence that just screams "Dont fuck with me!"
Of course atomic batteries & turbines made this bad ass one of the fastest cars in the world ever,which of course makes this quite possibly the most desirable car ever!

It is the Batmobile,worship it or die!

Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-26 4:52 PM
Ok,if you guys want more inspiration,want some memories rekindled or just wanna see some of the most bad ass cars created by quite possibly the greatest car designer ever,check out this link!

http://www.barris.com/gallery.html
Posted By: Jason E. Perkins Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-26 6:39 PM
Walter Nebicher is a nerd. Why is he a nerd? Because he likes computers. Only nerds like computers. Not only that, but his name is Walter. Heh, Walter. And don't even bother trying to pronounce that last name. Wooo!

Walter Nebicher is a member of the Los Angeles Police Force. He'd love to be out on the streets fighting crime head on...just like Turbo Teen...but he's a nerd because he likes computers and nobody's gonna give a nerd a gun. Especially not his boss, Captain Boyd. Captain Boyd is evil. But I can't say I blame him. Have you ever seen a nerd with a gun? Not pretty.

Walter Nebicher wants a way out. Ah, wait! Computers! That's it! Tron just came out last year. Special effects are all the rage!

Walter Nebicher creates Automan, a three-dimensional holographic computer construct that looks just like a human being...well, his head looks like a human being...the rest of his body kinda glows. But that's okay, cuz he has the head of Chuck Wagner. And he can dance like John Travolta. We know this because he tells us so within the first minute of his creation. Oh, and please call him 'Otto J. Man'. Otto Man. Heh! That rascal.

Automan is a computerized vigilante. He feels solid, but he can walk through walls. He's bullet proof. He can interact with other computers and have them do "favors" like stop elevators and give him money. He can also dance like Travolta. Yes, I said that already, but it bears repeating. He can chase down the criminals that Walter and the whole Los Angeles Police Department can't. He's Automan, mother fuckas!

But enough about him. Let's talk about the real star of the show: Cursor!

Cursor is a dot--a sparkly dot in space that sorta flies around. Sorta like your cursor flies around your screen. Get it? Ha, that Automan, what a rascal! Cursor is described as Automan's flying companion, but he's really Automan's TOTALLY KICK ASS flying companion. Cursor can become any one of various vehicles and tools to assist Automan in his quest to fight crime.

Cursor can become a car.

Cursor can become a helicopter.

Cursor can become anything he damn well pleases. Cursor can probably become a HUGE ROBOT WITH BIG FUCKING GUNS, but the series only lasted 12 episodes, so we'll never know.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-26 8:05 PM
Starsky & Hutch

How do you turn a run of the mill car into a kick ass icon?
Easy!
You give it nice big wheels,raise the suspension at the rear,customise the engine,paint it red & most importantly,add abig white stripe!

Yep,quite possibly the most iconic car of the 70's was none other than a Ford Gran Torino!

Of course,there was more to the series than the car,but it was for many,the true star of the series.
It spawned a trend around the world of people painting ordinary run of the mill cars red with a huge white stripe (just as The Dukes of Hazzard spawned the air horn tune in the 80's).

Like the General Lee,it wasnt the most imaginative custom job but their simplicity is probably the reason they were so bad ass!

Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-26 9:04 PM
Red Dwarf

Starbug!
Why is this kick ass?
Just take a look!
Oh & of course because its Red Dwarf!

Posted By: thedoctor Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-02-28 8:26 PM
You beat me to the Red Dwarf bit; but you missed the real kick ass vehicle of that show:

Red Dwarf - the Red Dwarf

Alright, the Red Dwarf might not look like much as far as radical designs; but it's one mean motha of a space ship. A mining vessel the size of a large city, it houses several decks (some of which take several hours to reach in express elevators). It holds shops, bars, clubs, a movie theater, exercise facilities, learning facilities, and damn near anything else you'd need to have a regular life in space. Tiny little robots, scutters, do the menial chores while the super computer Holly with an I.Q. of 6,000 (the equivalent of 6,000 P.E. teachers) handles most of the navigation and piloting with humans there mainly for the paycheck. A stasis chamber is capable of perserving time for an indefinite duration (we know it'll keep good for at least 3 million years). Its toilets and toasters are able to talk back to you (though this isn't always a plus). This ship has broken the light barrier, ventured out into unknown space, crossed dimensions, had numerous time breach related mishaps, had its molecules rearranged into a planetoid, and then had the molecules rearranged back into its original design. This baby is sturdy and ready to tear ass across the cosmos.

Posted By: thedoctor Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-03-01 11:30 PM
I have to mention probably the most lame TV Vehicle of all time.

Street Hawk - Street Hawk

In a time when the likes of Knight Rider, The Dukes of Hazzard, Airwolf, and Miami Vice had put the cars and helicopters of the TV world in the forefront and make them kick ass, someone decided why not do the same for the motorcycle. So they set out to do it; and, well, they fucked up. Street Hawk was trying a little too hard to make a motorcylce as killer as K.I.T.T. For one, it was bullet proof. That's right. A bullet proof motorcycle. The suit the driver was wearing...... not so bullet proof. It came with dual machine guns, dual rocket launchers, and a laser cannon the flipped out from behind the headlight. What made it worse was the turbo boost that made the damned thing go 300 mph. Think about that. 300 mph on a motorcycle in the middle of LA. Not too much thought went into this show. The fact that they tried to have a motorcylce out gun and class a car like K.I.T.T. makes what it can do seem more like a pissing contest than anything fun and cool.

This is what riding a bike at 300 mph is supposed to look like.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: TV's Most Kick Ass Vehicles - 2005-12-01 12:45 AM
Battlestar Galactica - Viper

The new series has really shown off what a small space fighter can do in a dog fight. Fast, maneuverable, and deadly. The quick flips and turns make this a badass little ship. I can't say anymore than the fact that I love watching the dogfights these things get into with the Cylon ships.
© RKMBs