RKMBs
Posted By: rex Lost season 2 - 2005-09-03 5:12 PM
From ABC:

This season, Jack's mistrust of Locke will grow as he continues to question his motives and obsession in uncovering the secrets of the mysterious hatch. The fates of Sawyer, Michael and Jin will be revealed after their raft was blown out of the water by "The Others" - who at the end of last season kidnapped Michael's son, Walt. Sun will become less dependent on husband Jin and more autonomous, as she wonders whether he is still alive. Kate's back-story life as a fugitive will continue to be explored. Charlie will become even closer with Claire and her baby, Aaron, but the stash of drugs he found in a statue could seduce him back to a dark life of addiction. The cursed numbers that turned Hurley's life upside-down before the crash will continue to haunt him as he begins to uncover their meaning. Shannon will decide where Sayid fits in her life while she continues to grieve over the death of her brother, Boone, and develops a growing sense of unease about the raft passengers and their fate. In addition, we discover that there is at least one more previously unknown survivor of the crash of flight #815 - Ana Lucia (Michelle Rodriguez, "Girlfight," "The Fast and the Furious") -- the mysterious woman Jack met at the Sydney airport bar. And Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje ("Oz") joins the cast as a resident of the island whose story is one of the mysteries that will be explored as the season progresses. "Lost" stars Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as the mysterious island man, Naveen Andrews as Sayid, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, Matthew Fox as Jack, Jorge Garcia as Hurley, Maggie Grace as Shannon, Josh Holloway as Sawyer, Malcolm David Kelley as Walt, Daniel Dae Kim as Jin, Yunjin Kim as Sun, Evangeline Lilly as Kate, Dominic Monaghan as Charlie, Terry O'Quinn as Locke, Harold Perrineau as Michael and Michelle Rodriguez as Ana Lucia.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-03 5:13 PM
I saw a "trailer" for season two at the movies last night. It was basically a bunch of clips from last season, but it was fucking cool to see all of it on the big screen.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-03 5:14 PM
Setember 21 can't come soon enough.
Posted By: difficult kind Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-06 6:37 AM
can't wait!
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-13 11:41 PM
I never watched Lost until someone at work bought the DVDs in. I plowed through the entire series on DVD for the first time.

fucking awesome.
Posted By: Animalman Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-14 3:51 AM
Quote:

rex said:
What a disappointing episode.
We learn nothing about the hatch.
Walt gets kidnapped. One of dumbest things they've done all season.
The whole security system thing made no sense.
Locke is some kind of religious nut.

I have no expectations for next season at all.

Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-14 3:55 AM
I posted that a while ago. My opinion has changed. Other than the finale, the first season was just about perfect. I'm hoping this season will be better.
Posted By: Bianca Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-14 2:43 PM
They're airing both parts of the Season 1 Finale tonight. So, it's the perfect refresher for those of you who haven't bought the DVDs (like me, the cash strapped).
Posted By: PJP Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-15 5:51 AM
I'm watching this shit as we speak.......this is worse than WWE or soap operas. Spoilers... who were those freaks that stole the little kid. Locke was paralyzed but now he's not........creatures that live underground and have tentacles......dirt squid? Puh-lease.......this was pretty unbelievable.....I'm going to go and read a story about a guy who is a billionaire and dresses up as a bat to fight crime at night 'cause his parents were murdered in front of him when he was young.......you know, something a little more believable.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-15 6:11 AM
That episode was bad. The rest was really good.
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-15 10:29 AM
its an excellent show.
but it's incredible dense and complex story. you can't appreciate the finale without watching what happened before it.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-21 7:23 AM
The fun begins tomorrow at eight.

Special: Destination Lost
Airdate: September 21, 2005 at 8 p.m.

09/08 - ABC once again invites new and avid "Lost" viewers to take another look at one of the most talked about shows. "Destination Lost" will explore the series in a way that will bring new viewers up to date -- but which current viewers will also find illuminating - in anticipation of the series' second season premiere. From the back stories of some of the most interesting characters on television to the mysteries of the island, "Destination Lost" will provide an insightful glimpse into the lives of some of the survivors of the doomed Oceanic Airlines flight 815. Narrated in a linear fashion and culminating from the pieces of the back stories told over multiple episodes in the series, "Destination Lost" focuses on the flashbacks of a core of characters -- illustrating who they were and what they were doing before the crash, and how the island has changed their lives, for better or worse. In addition, the island itself will be explored - culled from events that have taken place - which may reveal some of its secrets that might have been missed upon first viewing.

Episode 2.01: Man of Science, Man of Faith
Airdate: September 21, 2005

09/02 - The multiple Emmy Award-nominated "Lost" returns for a second season of action-packed mystery and adventure -- that will continue to bring out the very best and the very worst in the people who are lost. [...] In the season premiere episode, "Man of Science, Man of Faith," one of the castaways is chosen to descend into the mysterious hatch, and Shannon stumbles upon a shockingly familiar face in the jungle. The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must continue to work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain if they want to stay alive. But, as they have discovered during their 40-plus days on the island, danger and mystery loom behind every corner, and those they thought could be trusted may turn against them. Even heroes have secrets. Guest starring are John Terry as Shephard, Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Julie Bowen as Sarah, Anson Mount as Kevin, Ivana Michele Smith as N.D. survivor, Katie Doyle as EMT, Julius Ledda as EMT no. 2, Masayo Ford as nurse, David Ely as intern and Larry Wiss as anesthesiologist.
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-21 7:43 PM
Quote:

rex said:
I posted that a while ago. My opinion has changed. Other than the finale, the first season was just about perfect. I'm hoping this season will be better.

the finale was pretty damn good.
how could you not love the exploding teacher?
Posted By: Bianca Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-21 11:34 PM
"Dude . . . you got a bit of Artz on you."
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-22 3:09 AM
The exploding jay leno guy was the best part.
Posted By: sneaky bunny Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-22 3:42 AM
i can honestly say i will not be watching this garbage
Posted By: Pariah Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-22 3:50 AM
There's not enoughh asian chicks for me to want to consider watching it.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-22 4:38 AM
you mispelled dicks.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-22 8:04 AM
How fucking stupid was that? Its too contrived now.
Posted By: Jim Jackson Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-22 6:59 PM
Quote:

sneaky bunny said:

My 12-yr old loves this show. I'd watched bits and pieces last year, enough to have some inkling of what's going on, who's who, etc.

I checked out the entire season debut last night.

SPOILERS.

I knew the dude running with Jack in the stadium was going to show up again, prolly in the Hatch. No shock there.

The show has now officially crossed into the Weird. And that's OK if you're cool with it.

But what it means is that there will be no explanations of "the crash was an accident" kind of thing. It's definitely crossed into the realm of "cosmic forces at work" or "aliens" or "governmental control" or "super-powered bad guy" or "all these events are unfolding in somebody's delusional or autistic mind or imagination" or some such.

But my kid likes it and it keeps her thinking about things and exercising her own imagination, and that's never a bad thing.

From there, I went to watch the season premiere of LAW AND ORDER. There are times I think L&O is just hanging on in order to beat GUNSMOKE's record of 20 seasons.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-22 8:16 PM
i've heard the theories that they all died in the crash, and this is sorta their ghosts in pergatory or heaven or whatever.

has a theory been made about the bermuda triangle?
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-22 8:19 PM
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:
i've heard the theories that they all died in the crash, and this is sorta their ghosts in pergatory or heaven or whatever.

has a theory been made about the bermuda triangle?

the producers explicitly said that this is happening and not some sort of dream.

i think they're way too far from the Bermuda Triangle.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-23 4:22 AM
I liked the season opener. As long as they don't go the X-files route I'll probably continue enjoying the series. (answer one question but in a way that creates more formula gets confusing & incoherant)
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-23 5:08 AM
Yeah, the fate and destiny thing is getting bizarre...bizarre is good I hope...
Posted By: Flameswordsman Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-23 8:31 PM
Fuck! The 1st series has only just started airing in England. Theres some kind of bastard time-warp going on where shows are delayed nearly a year before airing here

Others on the island sounds interesting, but Dirt squids and 'Fate' put me off the whole thing
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-25 6:11 AM
ABC will be re-airing the craptacular season premiere on wednesday at eight.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-29 2:56 AM
Tonights episode is going to focus on the what happened to the people on the raft.

I'm hoping this will break the streak of bad episodes.
Posted By: PJP Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-29 4:31 AM
so far it's kind of shitty.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-09-29 9:51 AM
I don't think it was that bad. I'm glad that everyone is back on the island, I would have hated it if they dragged that on for months. I didn't like how they showed what happened during the last episode through Locke's point of view, that was just repetitive. I bet next weeks episode will show what happened to Jin after the boat was destroyed.
Posted By: difficult kind Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-10-01 12:38 AM
it was ok the season premiere was waaay better. I think the guy in the hatch is married to the french lady. SPoilers:

Did you see the mark on the shark that was on something else too in the hatch.

I also heard that the mural in the hatch has the french woman in it.

And the lady that set the raft on fire was JAck's wife!!!
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-10-06 6:39 AM
Episode 2.03: Orientation

Jack, Locke and Kate learn more secrets about the hatch. Meanwhile, after being beaten and taken captive, Sawyer, Michael and Jin wonder if their captors are fellow survivors or the dreaded "Others." Guest starring are Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Kevin Tighe as Cooper, Curtis Jackson as security guard, Katey Sagal as Helen, Roxie Sarhangi as Francine, Jeanne Rogers as moderator, Marvin Candle as Dr. Marvin Candle and Michael Lanzo as waiter.
Posted By: sneaky bunny Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-10-06 12:20 PM
Quote:

sneaky bunny said:

Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-10-06 1:19 PM
its a good show and sneaky is a whore who sucks cock in an alley behind a methodone clinic for $3.95 per ounce of ejaculate.
Posted By: Jim Jackson Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-10-06 5:46 PM
Quote:

rex said:
Episode 2.03: Orientation

Jack, Locke and Kate learn more secrets about the hatch. Meanwhile, after being beaten and taken captive, Sawyer, Michael and Jin wonder if their captors are fellow survivors or the dreaded "Others." Guest starring are Henry Ian Cusick as Desmond, Kevin Tighe as Cooper, Curtis Jackson as security guard, Katey Sagal as Helen, Roxie Sarhangi as Francine, Jeanne Rogers as moderator, Marvin Candle as Dr. Marvin Candle and Michael Lanzo as waiter.

Mike, et al in the pit should have anticipated her being a plant.

Kevin Tighe is not believable as a guy old enough to be Locke's father.

Locke seemed too smart to be sucked into the "social experiment" aspect of Desmond's hatch. Is he a "man of faith" or a "man of gullibility"? That hatch is a classic Skinner box. Press the bar, get a pellet. Hurley and the food? Loved it.

Katey Sagal is great, as usual.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-10-06 8:25 PM
That little short film in this last episode explains quite a bit. Skinner is even mentioned in there. Jack also ended up joining Locke on the button thing. I suppose it would be easy to get sucked into because their just not quite sure if the threat is real or not.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-10-06 8:27 PM
108: looks like "LOST"

and hurley's numbers/computer password/quarantine hatch numbers add up to 108

... and why the fuck did jack push the button?
Posted By: PJP Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-10-06 10:45 PM
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
its a good show and sneaky is a whore who sucks cock in an alley behind a methodone clinic for $3.95 per ounce of ejaculate.

Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-10-13 6:34 AM
Tonight's episode focussed on Hurley who decides what to do with the stash of food the survivors found this season. It's clear that Hurley hates change. Instead of instantly being ecstatic about winning the big lotto he worries about what he's going to lose with his big win. Hurley is one of my favorites, so I liked the episode. We find out that 26 or so in the back half of the plane survived at least for a bit. One survivor claims to be the husband to the one lady who knew her husband had somehow survived. Can't find her name in any cast list but she's a semi regular. I'm betting she becomes a major player at some point.

Overall a nice mix between the flashback segments while forwarding the overall story IMHO.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-10-21 7:30 AM
any thoughts on this most recent episode?

new tribe? "others" sightings? even a lil spot of walt('s feet)
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-10-23 5:34 PM
Its getting exciting again. The "new tribe" is going to get their own episode in a couple weeks that will show what happened to them during since the plane crash. I'm betting Bernard dies before he can see his wife. that or Rose dies.

The only thing this season needs is more Sayid. He was my favorite during last season, and he hasn't been on that much this year.

The next episode is in three weeks.

Spoilerfix.com says who dies in the next episode, click on their Lost link to see who it is.
Posted By: Bianca Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-10-23 6:05 PM
Three weeks is gonna be tough. After waiting all summer and then to get a break so soon (feels like it anyway).

So . . . any thoughts on who you think is gonna die? I checked Spoilerfix.com and that's spot on with who I think isn't going to survive the first episode of sweeps.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-10 3:36 AM
Episode 2.06: Abandoned

Sawyer’s wound becomes life-threatening as he, Michael and Jin make their way through the interior of the island with the tail section survivors. Meanwhile, Shannon is once again haunted by visions of Walt, and Charlie becomes jealous of Locke’s interest in Claire. Guest starring are Malcolm David Kelley as Walt, David Ely as intern, L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Sam Anderson as Bernard, Kimberley Joseph as Cindy, Ian Somerhalder as Boone, Lindsay Frost as Sabrina, Francois Guetary as Philippe, Ashleigh Ann Wood as Nora, Maree Miller as Sophie, Patti Hastie as nurse, Michael Cowell as doctor and Sandra Le Bat as Dominique.
Posted By: PJP Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-10 3:44 AM
this show sucks ass
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-10 6:52 AM
I hope they didn't kill off who it looks like they just killed off
Posted By: PJP Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-10 7:21 AM
Quote:

PJP said:
this show sucks ass

Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-10 7:50 AM
too many fucking commercials in this show. and its way too fucking dark all the time -- i have to keep all the lights out in my house, so the glare doesn't hide some sorta secret.

that aside, im still hooked!

mem, why y'want the presumed-dead to not be dead? i never felt that character added much.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-10 8:28 AM
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:
too many fucking commercials in this show. and its way too fucking dark all the time -- i have to keep all the lights out in my house, so the glare doesn't hide some sorta secret.

that aside, im still hooked!

mem, why y'want the presumed-dead to not be dead? i never felt that character added much.

I know a couple of people that are not watching & plan on buying the DVD set every year. It cuts 20 minutes an episode.

As for the latest presumed dead, I felt sorry for that character & there was maybe a chance at redemption. Just seems like so much unresolved that I wonder if that character is truly dead.

The promos for next episode looked good.
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-10 1:53 PM
i love this show. its nice to see a big "hit" show that is actually smart. the acting and writing is really top notch.
Posted By: Jim Jackson Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-10 5:58 PM
All I can say is my daughter's pissed at last night's death.
Posted By: Jim Jackson Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-10 5:58 PM
Quote:

rex said:
Episode 2.06: Abandoned

Sawyer’s wound becomes life-threatening as he, Michael and Jin make their way through the interior of the island with the tail section survivors. Meanwhile, Shannon is once again haunted by visions of Walt, and Charlie becomes jealous of Locke’s interest in Claire. Guest starring are Malcolm David Kelley as Walt, David Ely as intern, L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Sam Anderson as Bernard, Kimberley Joseph as Cindy, Ian Somerhalder as Boone

You think he's cute, too, dontchya, Sock Boy?
Posted By: klinton Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-10 6:02 PM
I try to like this show...I really do. But every episode I end up getting distracted (by anything) or bored and change the channels.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-17 2:24 AM

Next Episode:
Wednesday, Nov.16, 9/8c
"The Other 48 Days"
The harrowing first 48 days in the lives of the tail section survivors are revealed.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-17 2:39 AM
ABC has been saying that this episode will be an "extended" episode, which means it will be five minutes longer.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-17 2:42 AM
tivos, beware!
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-17 7:32 AM
meh.

i started my new lost tradition of DVRing the show, so's i could watch it later and fast forward through the two dozen commercials.

but even the improved watching pace couldn't make up for tonight's lame episode.
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-17 9:48 AM
i liked it.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-17 8:27 PM
it didn't really get into depth on anything. day 1, day 5, day 10... it all passsed so quickly, without much being accomplished or even shown. yes, im glad that they got through their entire journey in one show (i didn't wanna sit through another few weeks of that), but... i dunno... it all just seemed very fruitless.

they could have essentially covered all the information shown in a 10 minute flashback of an episode with content.
Posted By: Jim Jackson Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-17 8:47 PM
No way. You need time to develop the characters' lack of trust for one another.

Do it in a brief flashback and it will feel, well, rushed and undeveloped.

I found it to be the most riveting ep of the season.

But I've told my daughter that the entire story is just one of Charlie's heroin-fueled delusions he's having while on the plane.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-17 9:20 PM
I liked that it quickly brought you up to speed about the new cast members. One key bit of dialogue was when the peace corps guy said they only took the good people.
Posted By: Jim Jackson Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-17 9:26 PM
I noticed that, which probably bodes well for Walt. At least I hope so. I dislike seeing children in danger.

What made me suspicious about Goodwin was that he said he was in the Peace Corps. The Peace Corps can send you just about anywhere on the planet. Also, I thought his name, "Goodwin" seemed kinda hokey.
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-17 9:44 PM
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
But I've told my daughter that the entire story is just one of Charlie's heroin-fueled delusions he's having while on the plane.

no. the one thing the creators have specifically stated is that this is all happening, not a dream.
this page is interesting, goes into detail about the brief video seen in the bunker.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dharma_Initiative
Posted By: Jim Jackson Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-17 9:48 PM
What, people can't change their minds?

By the time this is all over, who knows WTF it will all turn out to be.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-17 11:30 PM
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
No way. You need time to develop the characters' lack of trust for one another. Do it in a brief flashback and it will feel, well, rushed and undeveloped.

a 10 minute flashback vs 40 minutes of episode? i dunno, they both seem the same to me.

they're both sorta rushed -- last night was just:

"THIS HAPPENED"
fade to black
"THEN THIS HAPPENED"
fade to black

over and over.

and everythign that happened was exactly what we already knew. the others came, took 9, they relocated, they killed more, one of their own betrayed them, causing trust issues, etc.

i woudl have rather they just summed it up quicker, so that we could move forward with the rest of the story.

OR i would have rathered there were a more indepth story of their struggles and battles, perhaps over two episodes.

i udnerstand taht they were probably looking for a happy medium, so they went the 1 episode route, but... i dunno... seemed to have failed for me.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-17 11:32 PM
I really liked this episode. It fleshed out the other group, now we know what they went through. This show once again has momentum.
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-18 1:05 AM
i find it interesting that Jack and Kate and Locke seem to be taking a backseat this year. I hope that changes soon. Those three make the show great for me.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-18 1:10 AM
From what I've read, we're going to see why Locke was in a wheelchair and Kate's original crime soon.

I want to see more of Said personally. He was my favorite last season.
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-18 1:17 AM
Quote:

rex said:
From what I've read, we're going to see why Locke was in a wheelchair and Kate's original crime soon.

I want to see more of Said personally. He was my favorite last season.

agreed. I think next week's will have to have a lot of him given that it deals with the death of Shannan and (hopefully) his kicking Ana's ass.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-18 5:14 AM
Still hoping Shannon isn't truly dead. If nothing else it just seemed an odd spot to kill her off while following a ghostly Walt.
Posted By: klinton Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-18 9:59 AM
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:
meh.

i started my new lost tradition of DVRing the show, so's i could watch it later and fast forward through the two dozen commercials.

You should've invited someone over to snuggle up....it's better that way...
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-19 12:24 AM
where y'at next wednesday?
Posted By: Stareena Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-19 8:28 AM
One thing I have read by the writers is that on the island, dead is dead, no coming back. But I have been on a ton of message boards and have not once heard:

"And the lady that set the raft on fire was JAck's wife!!!"
"

I saw the shark and missed the Dharma insignia. But for those who can't get enough Lost, check these out:

Dharma Industries I've heard it's got great info, if you can get in. Some say it is a way for some ass to access your computer if you get in, but the few people who could crack it are unsure about that...

Oceanic Air A lot of fun, pay attention to the seat plans. (Check the seats under economay and then explore the page clicking the seats). I was amused.

LOST The shows official page (away from ABC) note the barcode at the bottom. Some say there are several codes to enter, one that I found that worked is = theislandiswaiting
Then tell me what the hell does THAT mean?!?

The Hanso Foundation If you click on the light beam on the page I just listed you get this page. SOmething to do with teh Dharma Initative. Click Active Projects:Life Extension:The last paragraph in the letter. If you enter the word Copenhagen you are suppose to get more info, but I can't seem to get anywhere with it. Also click on Active Projects: and scroll just past the last listed "..training facility" and there is a Dhama Initivative link. I can't get it to load.

THe unofficial fan site Lots of good info and spoilers and snopsis' of the show. A message board, not bad, but I prefer the one on the main site.

ABC's LOST The offical ABC page. Good stuff, Check out the fan club merchandise (under Fan Club) the fan kit is awsome...getting one for my Mom. Anyway, the message boards there are really interesting, I suggest Plot, those are some of the most incredible ideas...too bad not one of them are probably right. But I end up catching more things that happened by reading it.

I love this show.

Rob 108, the total of all the numbers together (4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42) is also the clock number. By the way the download for the Dharma clock on the Unofficial site, is pretty cool. You get the count down on your puter and you need to input the numbers in every 108 minuets. Yeah, I'm a tool. But I love this show.

And Sawyer is still mad sexy.
Posted By: Jim Jackson Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-19 6:35 PM
Quote:

Stareena said:
One thing I have read by the writers is that on the island, dead is dead, no coming back.

That seems to be true, but since this series makes extensive use of flashbacks, just because someone dies doesn't mean you won't see them ever again.

Quote:

But I have been on a ton of message boards and have not once heard:

"And the lady that set the raft on fire was JAck's wife!!!"
"

I wondered that, too.
Posted By: Stareena Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-23 11:27 PM
Tonight's the time to see more of the tailies...so what do you guys think? Sayid gonna kill Ana?
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-24 3:22 AM
Quote:

Stareena said:
Dharma Industries I've heard it's got great info, if you can get in. Some say it is a way for some ass to access your computer if you get in, but the few people who could crack it are unsure about that...

Its a real bitch.
I kept reloading the page until suddenly it let me past the first level. Then I had a minute to enter the numbers.
Then it asked for my user id. I tried the numbers, Desmond, and Hanso. All wrong and it locked me out.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-24 9:14 AM
That might have been the greatest episode ever.
Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-25 1:52 AM
The reunion episode last night was good. Is this the third or fourth time someone has knocked Sayid over the head and tied him up?
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-25 4:16 AM
I enjoyed the episode. I'm a bit more open to Michelle Rodriguez being on the show after her flashback.
I think being shot while pregnant is a good excuse for being such a bitch.

I wish Kate would stop fawning over Sawyer, the guy's an asshole.

Nice bit of tension between Jack and Locke.

Good to finally see all the reunions. I hope Walt is gone though. He was kind of annoying.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-25 4:21 AM
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
I think being shot while pregnant is a good excuse for being such a bitch.

Easily one of the best monents of the show.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-29 4:02 AM
Has everyone seen this?
http://www.collegehumor.com/movies/1618980/
If the real actors weren't there I'd say it's a joke. Amusingly bizarre.

Quote:

Stareena said:
Life Extension

Sounds like Abre Los Ojos/Vanilla Sky.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-30 8:46 AM
Quote:

Im Not Mister Mxypltk said:
Has everyone seen this?

never saw that. ... just watched it and i still feel like i never saw it.

very, very strange.

but very, very awesome.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-30 8:46 AM
my dvr fucked up and didn't record last week's lost. but, i was able to find an mpg online and just finished watching it. me rikey!

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
I'm a bit more open to Michelle Rodriguez being on the show after her flashback.

plus, she's fucking cute.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
I wish Kate would stop fawning over Sawyer, the guy's an asshole.

it works.

alexis doesn't like me cuz i'm tall.

Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
Nice bit of tension between Jack and Locke.

i enjoyed that, this time around, it was made clearer that jack was being the thick-headed one of the two, and locke was willing to listen to reason with ...matumbo or shaft or whatever that guy's name is.

sawyer's got some great nicknames.
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-11-30 8:49 AM
Quote:

Has everyone seen this?

Quote:

Stareena said:
Life Extension

Sounds like Abre Los Ojos/Vanilla Sky.

That was incredible.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-12-01 1:12 AM
Episode 2.09: What Kate Did

Kate's original crime that started her life on the run is revealed. Meanwhile, the survivors lay one of their own to rest, Kate sleeplessly watches over a feverish Sawyer, and Mr. Eko has a surprise for Locke regarding the hatch.

so after the great episode last week, we get a flashback of a character I lost (heh) interest in halfway through last season.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-12-01 1:13 AM
This will also be the last new episode until January 11th.
Posted By: Jim Jackson Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-12-01 6:43 PM
Quote:

rex said:
Episode 2.09: What Kate Did

Kate's original crime that started her life on the run is revealed. Meanwhile, the survivors lay one of their own to rest, Kate sleeplessly watches over a feverish Sawyer, and Mr. Eko has a surprise for Locke regarding the hatch.

so after the great episode last week, we get a flashback of a character I lost (heh) interest in halfway through last season.

They aired it just to piss you off, Sock Boy. Didn't you read the subtitle for the episode? "Or, The Way to Piss Off Socksturbators."
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-12-01 7:47 PM
jim, with a full-out rex attack!

i thought last nights episode was great. im really just so frickin hooked on the show.

can someone explain the horse, tho? symbolism, clearly, but im missing it.
Posted By: Jim Jackson Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-12-01 9:45 PM
Penis.

Horses, for women, always symbolize a penis.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-12-01 9:48 PM
There was a horse in the road when Kate and the FBI agent were in the car crash. That was when she started being a fugitive. Now everytime she sees a black horse, she thinks of that decision she made.
Posted By: Jim Jackson Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-12-01 9:50 PM
That it's a penis is far more interesting than your more literal interpretation.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-12-01 9:52 PM
jim jackson: penis troll.
Posted By: Jim Jackson Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-12-01 10:11 PM

I'll take trolling after penises than trolling after crew and knee-highs while momma's fixing dinner upstairs.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-12-01 10:31 PM
great googily moogily!

so, kate's penis fixations aside, ... thats it? its just "i saw a horse when i did bad shit and now when i see another horse, i think of bad shit?"

c'mon, this is lost! its gotta mean something else.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-12-01 10:33 PM
She's a chick, they don't make sense.
Posted By: Jim Jackson Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-12-01 10:44 PM
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:
great googily moogily!

so, kate's penis fixations aside, ... thats it? its just "i saw a horse when i did bad shit and now when i see another horse, i think of bad shit?"

c'mon, this is lost! its gotta mean something else.

Of course. Which is why I said that Rex's interpretation was far too literal to be right.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-12-01 10:47 PM
or your just being a troll.
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-12-01 11:45 PM
don't horses also represent a sense of freedom?
each time it appeared it freed her, first by causing the car to swerve and second by forcing her to confront her memories and feelings.
Posted By: Jim Jackson Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-12-01 11:53 PM
Quote:

rex said:
or your just being a troll.

Sshhhh, you're making too much noise, Mama can't hear her soaps.
Posted By: Jim Jackson Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-12-01 11:53 PM
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
don't horses also represent a sense of freedom?
each time it appeared it freed her, first by causing the car to swerve and second by forcing her to confront her memories and feelings.

P-E-N-I-S
Posted By: sneaky bunny Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-12-01 11:53 PM
so am i the only one who noticed the difference in Dr. whatever's tie in the film last night
Posted By: Jim Jackson Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-12-02 12:08 AM
The dude on the film?

By that point, the show was nearly over and I had lost interest.
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-12-02 12:14 AM
I didn't notice the difference in the tie. Interesting. The whole Dharma video is so mysterious that I'm very intrigued to see where it goes.
Posted By: The Indestructible Man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-12-02 4:20 AM
I still think that the secret behind the show is that the castaways are unbenownst-to-themselves contestants on a sadistic Japanese game show...
Posted By: the G-man 'Lost' stars found in DWI - 2005-12-02 7:51 PM
'Lost' stars found in DWI

"Lost" stars Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros were arrested in Hawaii for allegedly driving under the influence of alcohol, People magazine reported yesterday.
    Rodriguez, 27, who plays Ana Lucia on the hit ABC show, and Watros, 37, who plays Libby, were arrested Wednesday night on the island of Oahu, where the series is filming its second season, People said on its Web site.

"They were arrested just before midnight without incident, and both women were driving their own vehicles," Capt. Frank Fujii of the Honolulu Police Department said.

No other details of the arrest were available. Reps for both actresses and the show had no comment.
Quote:

the G-man said:
'Lost' stars found in DWI

"Lost" stars Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros were arrested in Hawaii for allegedly driving under the influence of alcohol, People magazine reported yesterday.
    Rodriguez, 27, who plays Ana Lucia on the hit ABC show, and Watros, 37, who plays Libby, were arrested Wednesday night on the island of Oahu, where the series is filming its second season, People said on its Web site.

"They were arrested just before midnight without incident, and both women were driving their own vehicles," Capt. Frank Fujii of the Honolulu Police Department said.

No other details of the arrest were available. Reps for both actresses and the show had no comment.

Someone sure is quick in finding traffic-related news.
Posted By: the G-man Re: 'Lost' stars found in DWI - 2005-12-02 9:10 PM
Gotta keep up with the latest advancements in the field.
Posted By: The Indestructible Man Re: 'Lost' stars found in DWI - 2005-12-03 12:09 AM
Those tail-section guys giving the rest of the cast a bad name...
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: Lost season 2 - 2005-12-04 7:25 PM
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:
can someone explain the horse, tho? symbolism, clearly, but im missing it.

This reminded me when Sawyer was being picked on by a pig in one episode. In that episode we find out that Sawyer kills somebody only to discover the guy wasn't who Sawyer thought he was. During the ep, Sawyer plans on killing this pig. Can't remember everything the pig did, but at one point it pissed on only things that belonged to Sawyer. I had the impression that the pig represented the guy Sawyer killed, coming back from the grave so to speak. With Kate we have a horse & Sawyer seemingly posessed by Kate's father in a similar situation.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Lost 2 - 2005-12-06 7:00 AM
Hey guys just wanted to let you know that my boyfriend has a couple of original character sketches drawn by Hurley & Sawyer (the actors from the series) Proceeds will go to the Red Ribbon Family Fund in LaCrosse WI. E-bay
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost 2 - 2005-12-11 10:37 AM
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/lost

funny. and clever. and weird al is in there, so its great by default.
Posted By: rex Lost season two - 2006-01-06 10:48 PM
This is from TV guide, its kinda spoilerish:

Mistaking Shannon for an Other, Ana Lucia killed her. So it's not a shock that the fuselage folks have been a little apprehensive about the tail-section survivors joining their camp. Those feelings intensify on January 11 when the imposing Mr. Eko learns Charlie's got a Virgin Mary statue, and demands the recovering junkie show him where he found it. That means a trek back to the downed Beechcraft full of heroin and a dead Nigerian "priest." "Eko [is] connected into the story of the drug plane," says executive producer Carlton Cuse. "People are curious about where that plane came from. We're gonna explain that." And what's Eko been up to with that big stick he's always carrying around? Reveals executive producer and cocreator Damon Lindelof, "He's carving Scripture on it." Remember the monster? We last saw it in May's season finale, when it appeared as a slithering mass of black smoke. "We will be seeing the monster in the January 11 episode," Lindelof says. Indeed, one character will have an up-close-and-personal encounter with the thing so viewers will get a better, longer look, too. Source: TV Guide (Printed edition)
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season two - 2006-01-11 4:54 PM
Two hours of lost today, first another recap show at eight:

Special Recap: Lost: Revelations
Airdate: January 11, 2006 at 8 p.m.

Discover the complete story of the grueling first 48 days on the island for the fuselage survivors and tailies after the crash of Oceanic flight 815. Since the beginning, "Lost" has mystified and intrigued viewers with its interesting characters and unique style of storytelling. Season One dealt with the fuselage survivors, the hatch and a failed attempt to get off the island. Season Two continues these stories and also introduces viewers to the survivors of the tail section. "Lost: Revelation" puts these two seasons together in a linear fashion that provides an illuminating view on one compelling story. See the sequence of the aftermath of the failed raft attempt, the opening of the hatch, how the tail section and fuselage survivors lived separately and the unwitting intersections of their lives, and how both groups ultimately collided in one catastrophic moment. "Lost: Revelation" offers new and avid viewers a fresh perspective, comprehensive and enlightening, in one of television's most intriguing series.

Then a new episode at 9:

Mr. Eko interrogates Charlie about the Virgin Mary statue, Claire begins to lose faith in Charlie when she discovers his secret, and Jack is an interested observer when Kate gives the recovering Sawyer a much-needed haircut.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season two - 2006-01-12 4:22 AM
third commercial break at 8:19.

thats frickin insane.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season two - 2006-01-12 6:07 AM
not bad. not great, but not bad. i need a few more episodes to get me back into it.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season two - 2006-01-13 1:52 AM
It was one of those episodes that were too unbelievable. The whole Eko thing with the drugs ruined it for me. Too many coincidences. The black mist-monster-security system thing was also a let down.
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: Lost season two - 2006-01-14 6:52 PM
The black mist monster was odd. The FX could have been better & I'm wondering if that was intentional. (something manufactured not supernatural)

It looks like Eko is going to be taking over the spiritual end of things on the island.
Posted By: Good Question Re: Lost 2 - 2006-01-15 12:26 AM
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/lost

funny. and clever. and weird al is in there, so its great by default.

Posted By: Rob Re: Lost 2 - 2006-01-15 2:29 AM
ok, i tivo'd this episode in hidef and just watched the cloud vs. eko part in slow-motion. in regular speed, you could see flashes of what looked like lightning in the dark cloud.

however, on replay, it was a bunch of flashes of eko's life.

they showed an image of his brother at current and and younger, an image of himself as a child, an image of the man he shot, a few other things i couldn't really tell but looked like other women (other villagers?), and then a crucifix at the end.

so...

[theory time]

perhaps, the cloud is just the person's soul made tangible.

eko faced his demons in real life, and thats why he wasn't afraid of the cloud, at all.

john locke faced most of his demons and has since come to embrace the island and what it has brought, and thats why he wasn't afraid of the cloud/monster when they faced off either time, last season.

characters like charlie, however, are still terrified of themselves, and thus have nothing but fear for the cloud.

... so, perhaps, the island is like a pergatory of sorts, forcing you to face what you are.[/theory time]
Posted By: rex Re: Lost 2 - 2006-01-15 3:53 AM
That would be really, really gay.

From the very beginning everyone on the show has said that there is an explaination for everything that happens on the island. Everything can happen in reality. The whole black cloud thing makes this hard to believe. I can put up with all the coincidneces, but not the really unbelievable stuff.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-01-18 10:23 PM
Episode 2.11: The Hunting Party
Airdate: January 18, 2006

Jack, Locke and Sawyer pursue a determined Michael after he heads into the jungle toward the dreaded "Others" in search of Walt. Meanwhile, Sun has a surprising reaction to Jin's desire to join the search party, and Hurley and Charlie commiserate over the age-old conundrum of "what women want." Monica Dean, Ronald Guttman and John Terry guest star amongst others.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-01-19 7:32 PM
this episode was much better. i dug the little showdown.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-01-20 12:38 AM
This episode was good, but didn't completely make up for last weeks.

The Jack flashbacks were good, and I loved how he said he wanted to train an army. I really want to see a big battle between the plane people and the "others".
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-01-26 1:05 AM
Episode 2.12: Fire + Water
Airdate: January 25, 2006

When Charlie's vividly surreal dreams lead him to believe Claire's baby, Aaron, is in danger, Locke suspects Charlie may be using again. Meanwhile, Sawyer encourages Hurley to act on his attraction to Libby.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-01-26 6:42 AM
i enjoyed this episode a lot more than i thought i was going to, based on the description and last week's teaser clips.

i noticed this weeks' previews said "coming up" as opposed to "coming next week"

is there another lost vacation?
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-01-27 12:02 AM
Next week is the state of the union speech. ABC is showing it because you might miss it being aired ON EVERY OTHER GODDAMN STATION.

The next new episode will be on febuary 8th.
Posted By: URG Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-01-30 9:52 AM
It am gonna be a good night to rent a movie.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-02-01 5:27 AM
not sure if this was posted in here somewhere, but...

http://www.oceanicflight815.com/
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-02-01 1:51 PM
According to ABC's site tonight's episode is a repeat from year 1 where Hurley goes looking for Delenn in the jungle to ask her about the numbers.

Next week is new.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-02-03 10:53 PM
Michelle Rodriguez might be leaving the show

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=84963

Lost star Michelle Rodriguez is getting killed off in the series because she is such a nightmare to work with, according to reports in the US.

The sexy 27-year-old actress is a hit as Ana-Lucia Cortez onscreen but insiders say her diva-like behaviour is sending everyone around the bend.

They are also angry after she brought scandal after getting arrested for allegedly drink driving close to the set in Hawaii.

Now insiders say Lost bosses are desperate to kill her off from the top show.

"The producers are fed up with the fact that she barely shows up on the set and is always in a bad mood," Us Weekly quoted an "insider" as saying.

"They said she was getting killed off as soon as they could write it in."

Rodriguez's spokesperson would not discuss the star's fate in the show, but insisted the actress was dedicated to the job.

"Michelle is very proud of her work," the spokesperson said.

Rodriguez is next due in court next month on her drink-driving charge.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-02-03 10:55 PM
I really hope this isn't true. She's one of my favorite characters. Losing her right now would be a huge blow to everything they've been setting up so far.
Posted By: Jim Jackson Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-02-03 11:06 PM
I hope it's true and that Said gets to kill her. Poetic justice. Every time I see her (when I watch with my youngest kid), I don't like her. If she's tough to work with, move on. The show just won a SAG for Best Ensemble, Drama. They don't need a fucking diva to deal with.
Posted By: The Indestructible Man Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-02-04 8:52 AM
Seriously -- Ana-Lucia's a Grade-A bitch, and is asking for a bullet in the brainpan...
Posted By: The Time Trust Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-02-04 9:10 AM
Maybe Hurley will faint from the sight of blood again and fall on top of her, crushing and asphyxiating her.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-02-04 9:50 AM
Plus she killed the aesthma chick..and the asian guy is a no show now..he's cool he was in kama sutra and kama sutra rules...
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-02-09 8:22 AM
Quote:

The Indestructible Man said:
Seriously -- Ana-Lucia's a Grade-A bitch, and is asking for a bullet in the brainpan...

yeah, but she's hot. very nice, flat stomach.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-02-09 8:24 AM
tonight's was pretty good ... basically cuz lost was back, instead of a repeat (did airing that specific episode last week have any significance?)

i thought the sawyer twist was a little obvious, in both the current time and flash back. the show was set up in such a way that i was looking for that sorta twist -- dunno if that hit the rest of you, as well.

still, all the same, it sets up so many cool angles and refreshes a lot of the grown-tired relationships.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-02-09 9:09 AM
eh, it was ok. I think the show has been weak since it came back from the break.
The same kinda thing happened on The Shield last night, which made me except something like that happening.
Posted By: The Time Trust Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-02-09 1:26 PM
There were a few Easter eggs in this episode:

That waitress who waited on Sawyer and his partner was Kate's mom.

Also, note the name of the manuscript that Hurley was reading. It was called BAD TWIN and was written by Gary Troup. From Amazon.com's page on that book:

Quote:

About the Author
Bad Twin is the highly-anticipated new novel by acclaimed mystery writer Gary Troup. Bad Twin was delivered to Hyperion just days before Troup boarded Oceanic Flight 815, which was lost in flight from Sydney, Australia to Los Angeles in September 2004. He remains missing and is presumed dead.

I thought that was a cool way of tying in the book to the series' continuity.

Also, Locke was flipping through a book which had OWL CREEK BRIDGE written on the cover. This is probably a reference to Ambrose Bierce's short story, "An Occurrence at Owl Creek Bridge," which was probably part of a collection in that book.

This story is about a soldier who is hanged at a bridge, but when he is dropped the rope breaks, and he escapes for home. After some strange things begin to happen, it is finally revealed that he was hanged after all and that the rope breaking and his escape all happened in his mind in the split second before he died, as if time was stretched out in that split second to seem like hours.

Oh, and the radio was playing selections from the Glenn Miller Orchestra, which prompts Hurley to make a joke about radio waves traveling through time. This is probably an amused nod to all the fan speculation that the Lost survivors somehow traveled back or forward through time.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-02-09 6:53 PM
did... you really notice all those things on first watch? or did you see it a few times?

my eye sight and attention span are pretty poor, so i tend to miss most everything in this show that isn't spelled out for me. however, i always talk with other people who seem to easily spot millions and millions of weird, but intriguing, little details that i can't believe the writers actually had the time to plan.
Posted By: The Time Trust Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-02-09 8:15 PM
One viewing, though I taped it first so I could fast-forward through all the commercials, and I had to pause to read the text on Hurley's manuscript.
Posted By: The Indestructible Man Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-02-10 1:06 AM
Spoilers and stuff...

TTT, I did notice the asppearance by Kate's mom (Sawyer meets EVERYONE's folks -- betcha he meets Locke's kidney-stealing pop next flashback!), but I hadn't known about that other info.

And Rob, the Sawyer bit was fairly clear, but revealing Charley as part of it was a bit of a shocker

(Oh, and Rob -- I don't find Ana that attractive -- something about a scowl that makes anything else about a woman irrelevant...)
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-02-15 11:09 PM
'Lost' creator says Michelle Rodriguez's charcter won't be killed off
UPI News Service

"Lost" creator J.J. Abrams was quoted Tuesday saying the character of Ana Lucia would not be killed off because of her portrayer's legal woes.

Abrams denied widely published reports the character played by Michelle Rodriguez was being written out of the hit ABC show because of her latest drunken driving arrest in Hawaii and her general bad attitude on the set, the New York Post reported.

However, Abrams told SciFi Wire the report was both "erroneous and silliness."

"There's a lot of stuff that has happened that's extracurricular, and it's in the news," Abrams said. "It becomes fodder for speculation."
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-02-16 2:22 AM
Good. She's the hottest piece of ass on that show.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-02-16 2:23 AM
Episode 2.14: One Of Them
Airdate: February 15, 2006

When Rousseau leads Sayid to a mysterious captive in the jungle, he becomes determined to find out if he is one of the “Others.” Meanwhile, Sawyer discovers Hurley’s potentially devastating breech of the survivors’ trust and blackmails him into helping track an elusive island creature that won’t leave Sawyer alone. Guest starring are Lindsey Ginter as Sgt. Austen, Mira Furlan as Danielle Rousseau, Michael Emerson as Henry Gale, Marc Casabani as Tariq, Theo Rossi as Sgt. Buccelli, Clancy Brown as Joe Inman, Thomas Meharey as U.S. soldier no. 1 and Kamari Borden as U.S. soldier no. 2.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-03-02 9:25 AM
There is way too many characters and plots and subplots going on now. Its getting too hard to follow. I completely forgot about Claire losing her memory. They need to start wrapping up story lines while I still care about that particular storyline. (Walt)
Posted By: The Indestructible Man Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-03-03 1:46 AM
You should have LOVED last night's episode, Rex -- it had a sock in it!
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-03-30 3:10 AM
Episode 2.17: Lockdown

When the hatch suddenly takes on a life of its own, Locke is forced to enlist the help of an unlikely ally. Meanwhile, Ana Lucia, Sayid and Charlie go off into the jungle to find out the truth about Henry. Katey Sagal guest stars.
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-03-30 6:41 AM
Henry is an other!
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-03-30 6:41 AM
SPOILERS!
Posted By: MisterJLA Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-03-30 6:57 AM
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-03-30 6:57 AM
Yeah, rex got a kick outta that in chat!
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-03-30 6:58 AM
Signed,

JeffLA
Posted By: MisterJLA Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-03-30 7:02 AM
Your friend in truth,

Jeff "I'm a character in Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks" Glacier.
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-03-30 7:04 AM
Heh

See you in the next Mortal Kombat,

Jeff Grimm
Posted By: MisterJLA Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-03-30 7:04 AM
See you then,

Hasan Mandral
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-03-30 7:09 AM
Not bad. Not bad at all.

So, Jack can play some cards, huh? I guess they had to give him something resembling a male trait. I've never seen one man that's more of a passive-aggressive pussy. Especially to Kate. Let it fucking go, you spoiled daddy's rich boy!

And, we got some John M. Locke. The "M" standing for, of course, "Motherfucking ass-kicker". That's his new official middle initial now. I have decided.

I'm glad that they finally tied up some more loose threads with his past. Good to see Peg Bundy again. She gets hotter with age, I swear.

So, Locke let his inner parental turmoil destroy his relationship. And, he's left alone. I'm leaning more and more towards his paralysis being some type of psychosomatic self infliction. He wasn't "free" until the island. He didn't have a purpose or destiny until then. At least, that's how I see it.

I called two things in the episode before we saw them:

1) I knew Daddy Locke wasn't dead. And, I'm certain we haven't seen the end of him.

2) I knew Sayid was going to dig that grave up. He was so set to convict Henry Gale before they left, no fucking way was my boy going to just accept the details for face value.

And finally, the GREAT MYSTERY WRITINGS! Oh brother. Now even I'm starting to get tired of this puzzle-within-a-puzzle stuff they pull, with no explanations. Wonder how many seasons it will take before they even scratch the surface of this glow-in-the-dark map. I'm throwing my money in on Season Five right now.

The Pros: Very little Anna-Luicinda (I can't stand this bitch). No standard 'worried/introspective/sad/shocked/angry' long shots of Kate (the same look for every emotion...what an actress... ). An entire episode where crazy Aussie bitch didn't get to punish Charlie for his addictions (I wish he would just punch her one good time. What a self-righteous cow). Locke flashback.

The Cons: No Sun or Jin (easily my favorite couple on that island). Very little Sayid. NO ANSWERS!

Except, of course...Henry Gale is an Other.

Or IS he?!! Stay tuned for the next episode. And the next. And the next. And the next. And the next. And the next. And the next....
Posted By: The Time Trust Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-03-30 8:23 AM
The preview for next week showed Henry Gale being forced to talk about the others. He called the bearded guy a "nobody."
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-03-30 8:25 AM

Posted By: Prometheus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-03-30 8:28 AM
Good job, Jeff...
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-03-30 8:29 AM
Thanks, just wish I could read it. Think Desmond made it? Hmmmm

Oh, these guys break that stuff out further.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-03-30 9:03 AM
Jeff Glacier is a no good spoiling bastard.
Pro likes to write a lot.
Lost kicked ass today.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-04-12 7:41 AM
Holy shit!
Hurley is crazy.
that blonde chick was in the looney bin with him.
This show has gotten really good again.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-04-12 7:49 AM
yep, now you have a role model...
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-04-12 7:04 PM
i thought last week's episode was pretty good -- the hurley episode. nothing too spectacular though.

however, there's still a tremendous buzz over the previous weeks, with that blast door symbol thing.

this is an email (and dunno what other sources) from one of my crazy, lost-obsessed work friends:

http://lost.cubit.net/pics/2x17/blastDoorMapOverlay.jpg

Here's a translation of all the latin...i got shivers last night when I saw Cogito Ergo Doleo...I could actually read it., so I posted it on the forum but somebody else put it there first (maybe cause I didn't get around to watching it till midnight). Anyway did you go frame by frame for last week? You see a ton of boxes in that parachute and that guy in his robe and pj's it's weird...must be coming from the hospital part or something. Piet stayed up till like 3 trying to read the map....nerd. Hil

credo nos in fluctu eodem esse- I think we're on the same wavelength

sursum corda- lift up your hearts (beginning of mass)

Ut sit magna, tamen certe lenta ira deorum est - The wrath of the gods may be great, but it certainly is slow

Malum consilium quod mutari non potest - It's a bad plan that can't be changed or A plan that cannot be changed is bad.

Aegrescit medendo - The disease worsens with the treatment. The remedy is worse than the disease Cogito Ergo Doleo - I think therefore I am depressed

hic sunt dracones- here are dragons.
    In the New York public library sets a small copper sphere known as the Lenox Globe. This 1503 artifact dates back to a time when the world, in its entirety, was yet to be explored. If you look closely at the Eastern coast of Asia near the equatorial line you can find the Latin words, hic sunt dracones, which translates to, here are dragons. These simple, etched words signified the end of "discovered" lands, words warning sailors of the uncertainty and dangers of the unknown. This warning held many a brave man in check but for a select few; it issued a silent challenge to push forward. These men recognized the fact that no true opportunity or progress can come without risk. They were willing to face their dragons.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-04-13 8:46 PM
so... is michael the trade?

or did he just happen to be there at that time
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-04-13 10:05 PM
I'm pretty sure he just happened to be there at the time... at least, that's the impression I got from the previews for next week's episode.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-04-13 10:18 PM
Quote:

Chewy Walrus said:
next week's episode.

The next new episode will be on May 3.
Alias is returning next week with a two hour show, and the next week will be another recap episode.
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-04-13 10:40 PM
Quote:

rex said:
Quote:

Chewy Walrus said:
next week's episode.

The next new episode will be on May 3.

Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-04-14 12:11 AM
Quote:

rex said:
Quote:

Chewy Walrus said:
next week's episode.

, and the next week will be another recap episode.

i can understand those recaps when the show has been gone a month, but it'll only have been 3 weeks. and it would've been 2 weeks without the recap.
this is so ABC can air the last Lost episodes of the season during May sweeps and not pay for 25 episodes like they did for year 1 (this year has 22 as far as I can tell).
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-04-14 3:58 PM
Quote:

The Indestructible Man said:
Sawyer meets EVERYONE's folks -- betcha he meets Locke's kidney-stealing pop next flashback!

Quote:

Prometheus said:
I knew Daddy Locke wasn't dead. And, I'm certain we haven't seen the end of him.

It occured to me while watching episode 17 the other day (I didn't watch them the first time around, so I had to download them all...) that Mr. Cooper (Locke's 'dad') is probably the same guy that conned Sawyer's parents all those years ago. He's about the right age and, according to that episode, has been doing this 'con' game for a very long time.

The real question, I think, is whether or not this guy is really Locke's dad or not.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-04-26 11:49 PM
Special: Lost: Reckoning

The survivors of Oceanic flight 815 have been locked in a test of faith ever since they crashed on the island. Discover how this faith has been tested for both the fuselage survivors and tailies. Are you a person of faith or science? This is the dilemma that plagues the island survivors and also defines their character. Discover how faith in the hatch led Locke on a mission to find a way inside, and how his discovery of Desmond led to his belief that punching in the numbers every 108 minutes would ensure everyone's survival. In addition, Michael's dogged mission in finding Walt, the tailies fight for survival during their first 48 days through their collision with the fuselage survivors, the uncertainty of prisoner Henry Gale's allegiances, and tensions between the survivors and "The Others" have left everyone questioning what they believe in. Additionally, the healing powers of love are explored through a timid Hurley's struggle with asking Libby out on a date, through the strong bond between Sun and Jin, and through Jack and Sawyer's mutual - yet unrequited - attractions to Kate.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-04-27 12:57 AM
...what is that? A tv listing? An episode/clip show description? Something you wrote yourself? Questions, man, questions!
Posted By: The Time Trust Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-04-27 1:15 AM
clip show alert!
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-04-27 1:20 AM
Quote:

The Time Trust said:
clip show alert!

Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-04-27 1:30 AM
Quote:

Prometheus said:
...what is that? A tv listing? An episode/clip show description? Something you wrote yourself? Questions, man, questions!

Its a recap episode. We went over this earlier in the thread. Try to pay attention.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-04-27 1:35 AM
Posted By: the G-man Re: 'Lost' stars found in DWI - 2006-04-29 11:45 PM
Rodriguez: Steroids To Blame For Bad Behavior

'Lost' star Michelle Rodriguez has reportedly blamed her drunk driving and subsequent bad behavior on her use of anabolic steroids.

The actress was sentenced to serve five days in a Hawaiian jail this past Tuesday, after pleading guilty to a drunk driving charge.

The actress insisted in court that steroid injections she had been giving herself twice monthly to treat allergies to "dust and cockroach resin" made her "manic".

I thought she looked a little "manly."
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-02 3:48 AM
http://www.islostarepeat.com/
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-02 3:57 AM
Heh.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-04 12:23 AM
Two for the Road

Jack and Kate bring an exhausted Michael back to the camp, and with him, news about "The Others." Meanwhile, Ana Lucia attempts to get the prisoner to confess, and Hurley plans a surprise date for Libby.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-04 5:02 AM
holy fuck
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-04 5:12 AM
yeah
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-04 5:13 AM
If I didn't hate Michael before (and I did), I definitely do now...
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-04 5:27 AM
SPOILERS!!!

So... both of the women rumored to be written off the show have been shot by Michael in an attempt to get everyone else to be as single-minded about going after Walt as he is.

Guess we won't know 'til next week whether it's Libby or Ana Lucia who bites the dust. At this point, I'm sure the producers are happier than pigs in fecal matter that everyone watching is absolutely bewildered. If I didn't know any better, I'd say all these rumors were circulated by the producers themselves to keep us all guessing.

Personally, I'd be a bit upset if Libby bites it, especially since we know next to nothing about her other than that she was in the institution with Hurley. We've had two shows on Ana Lucia. I wanna get to know Libby.

All in all, I was pissed by the end of the episode - especially, as noted above, at Michael - but I still find myself waiting on pins and needles for the next episode.

Damn them and their good story-telling ability!
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-04 5:44 AM
Holy shit! Did NOT see that one coming.

I love Libby. I loathe Anna-Luicinda. So, if Libby dies, and Anna-Luicinda inexplicably survives a point-blank gun shot to the abdomen....I will simply quit this show.

If they're both dead, I will half-mourn, and half-rejoice.

If only Anna is dead, I will fucking SING!

"Ding-dong, the witch it dead, the witch is dead!"

Ugh! I can't stand that eyebrowless, flat-acting boring cliche'! I pray they just kill her character off....
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-04 5:47 AM
Quote:

Prometheus said:
Holy shit! Did NOT see that one coming.

This was pretty much my reaction to the entire episode.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-04 7:27 AM
skipped your post chewy, just incase, so sorry if this was touched upon...

so... whats the thought here?

was michael brainwashed and "traded" to the "others' side?"

dream sequence?

some unforseen logic, where michael kills the two girls to ...free... them or something?
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-04 7:56 AM
Quote:

Chewy Walrus said:
So... both of the women rumored to be written off the show have been shot by Michael in an attempt to get everyone else to be as single-minded about going after Walt as he is.

That's my theory... and I think it's a damn good'n.
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-04 8:06 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hanso_F...Lost_Experience

Anyone else catch the commercial? I tried the number but there was nothing on the other end.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-04 8:11 AM
I expected both women to leave the show, ana-Lucia (who is hot) is about to serve a couple days in jail for her DUI, Liddy is scheduled to be on another show next season.

I think Michael was sent by the others to kill Ana-Lucia, maybe to get his son back or to see him or something. I doubt he wanted to start a war with the others. He never meant to shoot Liddy. That was an accident.
Posted By: notwedge Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-04 8:03 PM
I greatly enjoyed Peter David's reaction to last night's episode.

Quote:

COWBOY PETE'S HOLY GOD, I DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING "LOST" COMMENTS
In "The Onion's" trade paperback collection that essentially operated as if the gag newspaper had been around for over a century, one of the most memorable articles was about the moon landing. The headline was something along the lines of "HOLY SHIT, WE LAND ON FUCKING MOON!" and the entire article was written with that same sense of over-the-top incredulity. They literally can't believe it.

In the spirit of that article...

Holy fucking shit, Michael fucking shot Ana Lucia and Libby, son of a bitch, he capped them both, and then gave himself a self-inflicted wound to cover his ass! Either he's flipped over to the Others, or he's doing whatever he can to drive his own people into war with the Others, but I'm thinking the former is the more likely. Jesus! My fucking jaw is on the fucking ground! I mean, I should have realized it since Michelle Rodriguez is doing jail time while they're filming the season ender and the producers expressed no concern over it. Now we know why: Michael FUCKING SHOT Ana-Lucia and Libby! SON OF A BITCH! SON OF A...HOLY SHIT, I did NOT see that coming.

SHIT!!!

PAD

Posted By: rufusTfirefly Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-04 8:24 PM
Ana Lucia was hot, but...annoying. She will be missed only a little...

And...Do you think Locke is going to end up going to the other side?
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-04 8:30 PM
Quote:

r3x29yz4a said:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hanso_F...Lost_Experience

Anyone else catch the commercial? I tried the number but there was nothing on the other end.

I guess the lines were jammed then. I tried it later and got a greeting "welcome to the hanso foundation" it asked if i knew my parties extension, on a hunch i pressed 815. then there was a good minute of some guy muttering in french. then a woman saying the hanso foundation was committed to unlocking human potential then i got a really long address and street (i forgot the town/state).
Then i was told to go to the main site for more info.
All in all it was kind of fun to sit through due to the mysteriousness of it.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-05 12:02 AM
http://www.islostarepeat.com/

ha!
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-05 12:12 AM
It was better when I posted it.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-05 12:20 AM
no, mine!
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-05 2:51 AM
Personally, I think with Michael we're looking at a hostage situation. He'll damn well do anything to get Walt back. Killing a woman he barely knows, and really doesn't like anyway, is just another stepping stone to getting Walt. And, I really think killing her was just something he had to do in order to free Henry Gale. If no one had been around, he wouldn't have had to shoot anyone. Either way, I think his "mission" was to come back and free Gale, if he wants to see Walt again...
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-05 2:54 AM
http://www.thehansofoundation.org/

Also, go here: http://www.oceanic-air.com/

Click on the Find button where you would be booking a flight. It should bring up a schematic of the passengers seats on the plane.

Click the numbers 4 8 15 16 23 42 in sequence, and check it out...
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-05 7:10 AM
My guess is that Libby will be around at least a while longer. Anna probably is dead. Libby still hasn't had a flashback & some unresoved plot! Good show!
Posted By: The Time Trust Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-05 9:15 AM
I was just thinking that, after Ana-Lucia got some action, she was going to be the next to die. Just like Shannon.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-05 6:48 PM
huh. interesting.

the otehrs also made a big fuss over whats-her-faces baby (conceived pre-island)
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-05 6:56 PM
The Others have shown interest in Claire (namely, her baby) and Walt. Henry calls Locke "one of the good ones." When Goodwin and Ana Lucia are having their face-off, Goodwin says that Nathan "wasn't good enough. That's why he wasn't on the list."

It's pretty safe to say that the Others are somehow part of the Dharma Initiative... but what are they up to and what do the crash survivors have to do with it?
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-08 7:27 AM
heh
The name of last weeks episode was "two for the road".
Posted By: PJP Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-08 7:36 AM
I piss on this thread....and this show.
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-08 7:36 AM
It works on levels...
Posted By: PJP Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-08 7:37 AM
pissing?
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-08 7:37 AM
PJP peeing or the show title?
Posted By: PJP Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-08 7:38 AM
I'd say you owe me a beer but I don't want your parents buying me beer.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-11 12:34 AM
? (Yes, thats the real name of this episode)

Mr. Eko enlists Locke to help find a secret location he believes houses answers to the island's mysteries. Meanwhile, Jack and the other survivors struggle to cope with the horrific situation in the hatch. Guest starring are Adetokumboh McCormack as Yemi, Peter Lavin as Caldwell, Oliver Muirhead as monsignor, Melissa Bickerton as Joyce, Felix Williamson as Dr. Ian McVay, Nick Jameson as Richard Malkin and Brooke Mikey Anderson as Charlotte Malkin.
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-11 4:09 AM
Yay! Libby's not (quite) dead (yet)!
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-11 8:54 AM
She's dead now.
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-11 1:13 PM
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-11 1:17 PM
she was heading towards sex with Hurley.
perhaps this is the better solution.
Posted By: Jim Jackson Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-11 7:51 PM
Ah man, Hurley was gonna get laid!
Posted By: rufusTfirefly Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-11 8:06 PM
Bye bye breakfast...
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-11 11:08 PM
SPOILERS!

I've heard that Libby's backstory is going to be revealed next season through flashbacks of the other characters... so she's not completely gone from the show yet. Also, she apparently has some ties to Desmond, who will be showing up again for the season finale...
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-17 4:13 AM
ABC promises uninterrupted blocks of 'Lost'

It's a plight that "Lost" fans know all too well - you tune in on a Wednesday night praying for a new episode only to find a random repeat from nearly a season earlier, or else a lengthy and unexpected clip show. ABC is hoping to eliminate that experience.

Following a format somewhat resembling Fox's successful treatment of "24," ABC revealed its new fall schedule on Tuesday, vowing to dramatically reduce "Lost" repeats. The plan calls for "Lost" to begin the season in its standard Wednesday 9 p.m. ET time slot, but just when the show would typically move into a rerun cycle in the winter, ABC has an alternative up its sleeve.

"We really wanted to just say to the audience, `Listen, it's going to be on for this block here and then we'll bring it back and it will run straight through,'" explains ABC Entertainment President Stephen McPherson. "So yes, the plan is that `Lost' will come on in the fall in the first or second week of the season, run for seven episodes and then `Day Break' will launch into that period and `Lost' will come back in January or early February and run straight through for the remainder for the season."

That way, instead of wondering why Shannon and Boone suddenly seem to be alive again and why the castaways are still scratching their heads over the contents of the mysterious hatch, viewers can follow Taye Diggs as he relives the same day over and over again trying to avoid being framed for murder.

"I think it's the best role he's ever played," McPherson says of Diggs and his "Day Break" character. "He just explodes off the screen and really is a TV star. I think that like `Lost,' it's a challenging area, but we really feel like in the drama world that's what we do well and we want to take those chances."

McPherson wouldn't rule out the possibility that "Lost" repeats might still air in different time periods, including the 8 p.m. hour before fresh content. He also refused to leak any information on new cast members.

"There are no new people at this point," he hedges. "All the cast are returning except the people we shot on `Lost.'"

Although convention wisdom holds that a schedule loaded with new programming and low on repeats is an expensive schedule, McPherson urges pundits not to cry for either ABC or "Lost."

"It's an extremely profitable show for everyone," McPherson reassures the masses. "There's DVDs that'll be out, there's the dotcom, there's going to be a lot of content ... The thing to keep in mind is that it won't be three-on/one-off/two-on/one-off. There will be no break in the aired episodes. Much like `24,' you will be able to come into that experience and stay with it week after week after week."

McPherson explains that it's all just part of a changing television landscape in a medium which is offering viewers more options than ever before.

"It's a more expensive schedule, but I think the audience is more demanding right now," he says. "I think that the audience has so much choice, is so sophisticated, is so demanding now that we have to work into our schedule more and more original programming and I think that giving the audience what they want is something we're charged with doing."
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-17 4:17 AM
So seven episodes at the beginning of the season, then nothing till January or February.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-17 4:52 AM
yeah..wait for the dvd.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-18 8:15 AM
Fuck, I can't wait until next week.
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-18 8:25 AM
True enough...
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-18 8:29 AM
This was easily the most emotional episode. So much good stuff. Hopefully this years season finale won't suck ass like last years.
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-18 8:33 AM
Well... Desmond's supposed to be back, so that should be cool. Also, it looks like they're building up to a lot this time: what happens when the numbers aren't loaded in, why they crashed on the island to begin with, who's in that boat Sun saw, etc. Plus, not to mention whether or not Jack, et. al get caught in Michael's trap.

As for me, I'm looking forward to it...
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-18 8:38 AM
spoilerfix said that it will basically be a two hour Desmond flash back.
I think the boat is the one from last years season finale. The others sent it there to remind Walt what has to be done. I think he got the boat for killing Ana-Lucia, it wasn't said straight out but it was implied.

I can't wait to see what Walt does. He said the others were pretenders. I really hope they explain that this season.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-18 9:25 AM
http://lost.cubit.net/timeline.php

A complete timeline of everything that has happened on the show.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-18 9:28 PM
POSSIBLE SPOILER!!!!!
    The producers came up with a very interesting idea to keep their viewers looking at the show during the hiatus between the first and second seasons. In the first season's final episode, the Marshalls discover that for some reason they aren't supposed to be there. Enik later informs them that due to a time disturbance that they never really arrived in the Land of the Lost and must go back in time and relive the accident that brought them there. By going back in time, they also would experience everything that happened to them up to that point in a sort of time loop
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-22 6:21 AM
Quote:

r3x said:
then a woman saying the hanso foundation was committed to unlocking human potential

That might be what it's all about.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-22 8:39 PM
I was wondering why they're making Sawyer so emotional about Ana Lucía's death... Not that it's not moving to see him like that, but, shit, they fucked once and barely talked before that. Then it hit me: Michael and Sawyer became unlikely friends during their time away from the rest of the group. Imagine what's gonna happen when Sawyer finds out that Michael killed Ana. He could do some crazy shit...
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-22 9:22 PM
the island seems to dislike "love"

jack, sawyer, loche and kate (and to some extent, hurley) are the shows main grouping... and all of them have had awful love moments in life, pre-island. jack and his wife, kate and sawyer can't love anyone but have tried, loche and peggy bundy (hurley never having luck with women)

then, love is punished harsher on the island

sawyer and ana hit it off, ana dies
hurley and libby hit it off, libby dies
sayid and the blinde hit it off, the blonde dies

boone has that weird thing for his sister, he dies

michael loves his son, he is taken

claire had a baby out of wedlock/love, the others tried to steal it

mr dewitt and the black lady were in love, but forced to opposite sides of the island, thinking one another dead for weeks. i'd be interested to see how they fair.

jin and sun were in love and then sorta broke up, only later coming back together with another kid in the oven -- perhaps, like claire, in an effort to steal it.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-22 9:28 PM
Some spoilerish things about the season finale:

"We are going to tell you why the plane crashed," says Cuse. "We're going to explain what happens if you don't push the button. And we're going to resolve the Michael-and-Walt story." (Michael's son, Walt, was kidnapped by "the others" in last year's season finale and has been missing ever since.) Desmond, the enigmatic guy originally discovered in the hatch, also reappears, and he's not in good shape, though he gives the survivors fresh hope for escape. Just as last year's finale expanded our scope of the island's boundaries, this year's will expand its relevance. "There is something else that is reverberating on our planet that is directly linked to this island," says Monaghan. "You begin to understand that what is happening there has a significant butterfly effect in the rest of the world." One more thing: we think another character is going to die, or come close. It's just a hypothesis, based on the fact that when we asked Michelle Rodriguez (Ana Lucia) to guess which character would die after Libby, she said: "I can't do that, 'cause I know." Then she clammed up. Source: Newsweek

At the beach, long-lost button pusher Desmond (Henry Ian Cusick) chugs from a bottle of booze and spills a secret. (Hint: It's sick.) [...] This time, we'll see Walt again, learn what caused Oceanic flight 815 to crash, find out what that mysterious button actually does (if anything), and more. Source: Entertainment Weekly
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-23 4:25 AM
Anyone else think Sun's baby is gonna be black?
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-23 7:06 AM
I think it's gonna be that bald Korean dude's baby...
Posted By: The Time Trust Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-24 6:05 AM
Uh, unless Sun managed to save some of his semen in a refrigerated bottle, I don't think that's possible, Chewy.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-24 10:38 PM
Episode 2.23: Live Together, Die Alone (2-hour season finale) (Desmond-centric)

After discovering something odd just offshore, Jack and Sayid come up with a plan to confront "The Others" and hopefully get Walt back. Meanwhile, Eko and Locke come to blows as Locke makes a potentially cataclysmic decision regarding the "button" and the hatch.

Hopefully this will be better than the suck fest that was last years season finale.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 12:23 AM
Am I the only one who thinks the boat that showed up at the end of last weeks episode was the others boat?
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 3:00 AM
Yes?
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 6:03 AM
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 6:03 AM
Indeed
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 6:05 AM
What happened? Henry? Hostiles? That white light stuff? Locke, Eko, and Desmond? Libby? Statue? The hell.......................
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 6:06 AM
they's in atlantis
Posted By: PJP Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 6:13 AM
thas not proper grammar
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 6:17 AM
I didn't understand the button/key thing. It was said the failsafe would bust the dam. Wasn't not pushing the button the equivalent of Desmond using the key with the failsafe?
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 6:18 AM
it turned the sky white. that should answer all your questions.

it worked for the people on the island, no one was even remotely curious!
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 6:21 AM
The other guy in the hatch with Desmond was the guy that got Sayid to start torturing people in Sayid's flashback?
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 6:27 AM
yeeup
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 6:33 AM
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 9:04 AM
Holy fucking shit.

That shit fucked with my head. I need to watch it like five more times just to figure out what the fuck happened.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 9:13 AM
Quote:

Glacier16 said:
The other guy in the hatch with Desmond was the guy that got Sayid to start torturing people in Sayid's flashback?

FUCK!

Thats who that was.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 9:22 AM
That was like the greatest two hours of TV I've seen in a long time.

I kinda expected Michael and Walt to leave, but I really want to see what happens with them now. Jack, Kate and Swayer living with the others was a surprise to me, I was expecting Locke to join their side if anyone did.

The reason the plane crashed was a surpise, but not that surprising. I was hoping for it being one of the survivors fault, not Desmonds. The dude that played Desmond did a great job with this episode.

I'm still trying to process everything that happened.
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 11:12 AM
Quote:

rex said:
Quote:

Glacier16 said:

FUCK!

Thats who that was.

Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 12:47 PM
http://forums.fark.com/cgi/fark/comments.pl?IDLink=2082134

Farks Lost season finale thread. A bunch of good stuff in it.
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 6:23 PM
i used to think bermuda triangle.

but now, maybe atlantis?

like if the foot of the statue was once part of something like "the colossus" ...?
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 6:34 PM
Yeah, of everything that happened, Sayid's classic line of...

"I am unsure of what disturbs me the most: that the rest of the statue is missing, or, that it only has four toes..."

...really freaked me out! That statue just added a whole new level of craziness as far as I'm concerned.

Also, this was the first time we got confirmation that there actually IS an outside world: the scene at the end with Desmond's lover and the Arctic Russians catching Desmond's EMP.

It's a true fucking shame they killed Desmond. I mean, I can think of a few others that I wouldn't mind losing in his place (Jack, Claire, Charlie). Rest in peace, "br'ther", rest in peace...

Guess Henry Gale is quite an important figure in The Other's organization afterall. Curious.

I've got to say, I'm tired of John Locke's complete neutering. His character was so badass in the first season. And now, he just keeps fucking up and getting people killed. Got to wonder if he and Eko survived or not.

All in all, this is EXACTLY what fans have been wanting the entire season: some fucking payoff! This two-hour finale was nothing but payoff on mysteries and tying up plotlines. Well done, Lost. You've got me for another season...
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 6:53 PM
Quote:

Prometheus said:
It's a true fucking shame they killed Desmond.

you're not a comic book fan?

Quote:

Prometheus said:
I've got to say, I'm tired of John Locke's complete neutering. His character was so badass in the first season. And now, he just keeps fucking up and getting people killed.

i very much agree.

he's a vagina now, whimpering and crying and whining and bitching...
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 6:56 PM
So, no body, no death? Is that what you're saying?

I read an interview with Terry O'Quinn. He said he "missed first season Locke", and that he wishes he had "never found those damn buttons". Said he's been talking to the writers and what they're saying about Season 3 Locke made him feel much better. So, maybe we'll see the return of the shaman...
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 7:36 PM
Quote:

Prometheus said:
So, no body, no death? Is that what you're saying?

aye.

i'd be surprised if he (or locke or echo) was dead.

Quote:

Prometheus said:
I read an interview with Terry O'Quinn. He said he "missed first season Locke", and that he wishes he had "never found those damn buttons". Said he's been talking to the writers and what they're saying about Season 3 Locke made him feel much better. So, maybe we'll see the return of the shaman...

hooray!

here, thought this was interesting:

i also think its a little more than coincidental that the glyphs appear to spell "death" in english (just as the 108: appeared to spell LOST)
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 7:55 PM
If you want to see "ass kicking Locke" go watch the first two seasons of Alias. He plays and guy named Kendall and he fucking owns every scene he is in.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-25 8:18 PM
Now THAT might be actually worth checking out. O'Quinn's the man!
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-26 1:13 AM
I heard from a co-worker (reliable source, I know) that Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond) signed on for the third season. I, for one, hope it's true, as I'm really curious about his time in the army and what happened that got his sent to prison and dishonorably discharged.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-27 12:01 AM
Quote:

Glacier16 said:

Uh, no, it's Kurgan...
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-27 12:05 AM
Quote:

Prometheus said:
Also, this was the first time we got confirmation that there actually IS an outside world: the scene at the end with Desmond's lover and the Arctic Russians catching Desmond's EMP.

I think they were talking portuguese...
Posted By: The Time Trust Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-27 10:43 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Glacier16 said:

Uh, no, it's Kurgan...

THE Kurgan.

It's like calling THE Bat-Man just "Batman."
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-27 8:24 PM
I'm sorry, The Kur-Gan.
Posted By: The Time Trust Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-28 2:56 PM
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-28 4:59 PM
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-05-28 5:05 PM

Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-06-03 5:45 AM
http://www.lost-theory-generator.com/lost_tv_series_theory_gen.php

In 1959 the US department of defense artificially constructed the island to use as a laboratory for work in areas including eugenics and cryogenics.

It was eventually hoped to use nanotechnology to bring about world peace.

The plane crash was purely fate. The survivors of flight 815 are actually all dead and the "monster" in the jungle is actually an experimental new type of four dimensional hyperfluid.

The Others are loyal devotees of Alvar Hanso.

"The incident" mentioned in the orientation film refers to a situation where experimental nanotechnology accidentally escaped from Dharma's laboratory and if the button in the hatch is not pressed every 108 minutes it will trigger a nuclear war.

The numbers are essentially meaningless.

make your own!
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-06-03 5:36 PM
I cannot believe the numbers are meaningless! I cannot!
Posted By: Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-06-03 7:15 PM
Quote:

Chewy Walrus said:
I cannot believe the numbers are meaningless! I cannot!

I think they're a mathematical code for fate. Like the Hitchiker's 42.
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-06-03 7:22 PM
My guess is they have something to do with this.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-06-03 10:24 PM
If there's a Lost movie, I want Samuel L. Jackson to play Michael.

"Those fuckers TOOK MY SON!"

"Listen, Michael, we have to..."

"Shut the fuck up, Jack! Those fuckers... THEY TOOK MY MOTHERFUCKING SON!"
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-06-03 11:22 PM
!!
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-06-04 1:10 AM
It would definitely be an improvement...
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-06-04 3:41 AM
took him... to a plane...
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-06-04 5:55 AM
On a boat, Rob.

Others on a muthafuckin' boat...
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-06-04 6:48 AM
honestly, is there a got damn thing i can do about it?
Posted By: crazy drunk reax Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-06-04 7:20 AM
Did anyone see when one of the others felt up kate? that was howt.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-07-07 7:15 AM
I guess no one else caught that.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-07-07 7:18 AM
A map of everything.

http://mapgallery.esri.com/2006/414/85121816138512.jpg
Posted By: Rob Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-08-01 11:24 PM
possible minor spoilers

Concerning the use of time on the show, the producers did point out that just because the characters believe they’ve been on the island for a certain number of days doesn’t mean that their record of time is accurate. They also said that the mystery of Locke’s paralysis and subsequent healing upon arriving on the island would be explained scientifically this season. Damon also said there would be more involving the new underwater hatch and more Wizard of Oz references for the fans. The character of Desmond would be back, as well as more flashbacks with Libby. Any character that has been killed will not be returning to the current storyline not ruling out flashbacks and that the hieroglyphs in the hatch represent symbols that say “underworld”. We were also told that Kate would be getting romantically involved with someone this season.

Some of the creative and technical processes of the show were touched on as well by the producers where we found out that the actors usually get a script 2-3 days before shooting a scene starts. The writers do have an end point for each season so they know where they’re going as they write the individual episodes during the season. The episodes are not mapped out as they go however, to keep an organic and spontaneous growth to the writing, which allows them to add new elements and remove that which might not be working. The producers did admit as well that the pacing of the show has been influenced by the internet chat rooms resulting in a lot of what was revealed in the season 2 finale because of fans voicing for a lot more of a payoff and acceleration of the Others storyline.

Things promised in season 3 include more of an action adventure vibe and a theme will be developing of a tale of two cities between the crash survivors and the others. There will be more exploration into where Michael went at the end of season 2 now that a link to the outside world has been established. Also fans that are curious about J.J. Abrahms continued involvement would be pleased to hear he has co-written the season premiere and will direct episode 7.
Posted By: rex Re: Lost season 2 - 2006-08-17 2:33 AM
Lost creators say to expect more adventure, more Others

Quote:

If you'd planned on spending the dog days of August working on your Lost theory — the one that explains everything from the polar bear to those parka-clad guys in last season's finale — maybe it's time you abandoned the quest and hit the beach instead.

Because there is no one explanation for what's gone on in the first two seasons of ABC's Lost.

At least not according to executive producer Carlton Cuse.

"We hate to debunk" anyone's theory, Cuse said — though he and fellow show-runner Damon Lindelof have dismissed a few, including the one that posits that the characters on Lost are in some kind of purgatory.

And no, it's not that writers are keeping their options open, hoping to skim off viewers' best ideas when the time comes for the big reveal.

"I wish it was that easy. That would be great if we could actually do it," Cuse said at an ABC party in Pasadena, Calif., last month.

"I think that the mistake that most of the people who theorize about the show make is trying to come up with a very simple, you know, unifying theory," he said.

So while the writers have explanations for everything that's gone on in Lost so far — and script coordinator Gregg Nations keeps track of the documentation — "it doesn't reduce down to a single, simple sentence," Cuse said.

But if there's more than one theory at work on the island, doesn't that mean coincidence — that shaky crutch too often employed in TV drama — is a factor?

Not necessarily, insisted Cuse.

"There are theories in physics ... that govern small particles, and there are Newtonian theories that govern gravitational fields for larger objects. Those two co-exist. They aren't unified into a single theory, but the connection between them is not coincidental," he said.

(Useful tip: Talking about Isaac Newton is the No. 1 way to shut up a reporter who only passed high school physics by writing a paper about the relationship between science and government.)

Fortunately, Cuse had less complicated things to say about Lost and about Season 3, which launches Oct. 4.

"The show's going to be about our characters' interaction with the Others. It's going to be more of an action-adventure year, more romance. We'd hoped to get romance last year, but the story didn't really get us there. We didn't get as far as we wanted in that regard," he said.

"It's going to be more character-oriented, less mythologically oriented. You know, last year was sort of dark and intense and underground and in the hatch," he said.

"Obviously, the other element that we introduced at the end of the season was that after 49 hours, we went off the island for the first time. And that was not a casual or coincidental or random choice," he said. "The introduction of the outside world as an element into the world of Lost is also something new for Season 3."

And because the strongest link to that world so far is Desmond (Henry Ian Cusick), you can expect to see Desmond again, too, and not just in flashbacks.

"It would be very stupid of us to kill Desmond," Cuse said.

We'll also — eventually — see Michael (Harold Perrineau) and Walt (Malcolm David Kelley) again, he said.

"We were interested in exploring what price you would pay to get your son back. The price that Michael paid was so extreme, it didn't seem possible that he could remain a part of this society after what he had done," Cuse said, noting that banishment goes back to the Greeks.

"He's been banished from the island, and that to us represented sort of the necessary consequence of his action. It doesn't mean his story is over," he said.

© RKMBs