RKMBs
Posted By: Bibbo Gmail - 2004-08-27 6:57 AM
I have 5 invites for gmail and no good use for them. Any of you guys want one?
Posted By: Stareena Re: Gmail - 2004-08-27 7:05 AM
what the hell is gmail?
Posted By: rex Re: Gmail - 2004-08-27 7:26 AM
I'll like one. I'm intersted in what everyones all excited about.
E-mail me the info at brianjonopulos@msn.com
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Gmail - 2004-08-27 7:37 AM
I'll grab one if you're offering. Thanks in advance, Bibbo!
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Gmail - 2004-08-27 7:56 AM
Isn't Gmail the one that reads your incoming mail "to protect you"? Read the fine print, people.
Posted By: Bibbo Re: Gmail - 2004-08-30 6:31 AM
Aren't you paranoid, Mxy? They (being a computer, not a person) "read" the messages in order to suggest links to check out. I'm not too worried, but then again, I'm not a superspy.

When I go to send invites, it asks for a first and last name and an e-mail address. I imagine that the name doesn't have to be your real one, but they probably want it since we are all beta-test monkeys. You can send that info to me in a PM if you don't feel like posting it.

For those who don't know, Gmail is Google's webmail. You get 1GB or space and they have applied Google's search engine to your mailbox (no, that does not mean that anyone can find your mail in normal Google searches, you just get the same functionality). I am not in love with their interface, but having a gigabyte to dump my mail archives in nice.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Gmail - 2004-08-30 6:52 AM
I don't know, a while ago I read in the paper they had problem with the privacy.
Posted By: wannabuyamonkey Re: Gmail - 2004-08-30 7:40 AM
Quote:

I'm Not Mister Mxypltk said:
Isn't Gmail the one that reads your incoming mail "to protect you"? Read the fine print, people.

Yea, that's why I keep my hotmail account for all my top secret dealings with the soviets.... What it does is scan for key words to weed out spam. There aren't acctuall people sitting in a room reading through your mail to see what you're up to or who you wanna take to the prom. If you're dealing with anything super secret you prolly shouldn't use a web based e-mail anyway.
Posted By: rex Re: Gmail - 2004-08-30 8:44 AM
You should use carrier pigeons.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Gmail - 2004-08-30 3:47 PM
but not stool pigeons.
Posted By: Bibbo Re: Gmail - 2004-08-30 11:17 PM
How about stool softeners?

BTW, I still ave 4 invites.
Posted By: Stareena Re: Gmail - 2004-08-30 11:40 PM
I actually got an invite from another friend...I signed up, but am hessitant to use it. Was thinking about using it to re route my modeling stuff, but not sure. I thought these invites were being sold on line?
Posted By: rex Re: Gmail - 2004-08-31 1:19 AM
I got my invite and signed up today. I'm not sure if I'm ready to change everything to that account yet.
Posted By: Bibbo Re: Gmail - 2004-08-31 8:02 AM
Quote:

Stareena said:
I thought these invites were being sold on line?

Sadly enough, I am pretty sure that invites have been showing up on Ebay. The only way to get an account is to be invited. However, since the beta has been going on pretty long and each member tends to get a long of invites they are allowed to make, it is becoming more widespread, and therefore less valuable as something you can charge dumb people for.
© RKMBs