RKMBs
BILOXI, Miss. - Leann Real promised her husband, an avid sports fan, that if they ever had a son he'd get to pick the name. ESPN Montana Real was born this week at Biloxi Regional Medical Center.

Rusty Real, of D'Iberville, chose ESPN (pronounced Espen) after the sports network and Montana after football legend Joe Montana.

Baby ESPN isn't alone.

Three others were cited in a 2005 report on tivocommunity.com about the network's 25th anniversary. They are Espn Malachi McCall in Pampa, Texas; Espn Curiel in Corpus Christi, Texas; and Espn Blondeel in Michigan.

"We were the talk of the hospital," Rusty Real said. "The nurses kept asking my wife if she was really going to let her husband name him ESPN. She said, 'Oh, yes.'"
Posted By: klinton Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-08 6:52 AM
Aren't there anti-childabuse laws in America?
Posted By: sneaky bunny Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-08 6:54 AM
Quote:

Lothar of The Hill People said:
BILOXI, Miss. - Leann Real promised her husband, an avid sports fan, that if they ever had a son he'd get to pick the name. ESPN Montana Real was born this week at Biloxi Regional Medical Center.

Rusty Real, of D'Iberville, chose ESPN (pronounced Espen) after the sports network and Montana after football legend Joe Montana.

Baby ESPN isn't alone.

Three others were cited in a 2005 report on tivocommunity.com about the network's 25th anniversary. They are Espn Malachi McCall in Pampa, Texas; Espn Curiel in Corpus Christi, Texas; and Espn Blondeel in Michigan.

"We were the talk of the hospital," Rusty Real said. "The nurses kept asking my wife if she was really going to let her husband name him ESPN. She said, 'Oh, yes.'"

http://www.rkmbs.com/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/775959/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD
Posted By: sneaky bunny Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-08 6:54 AM
Quote:

klinton said:

give us chicken wings!
Posted By: Uschi Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-08 11:04 AM
My friend Kim's law-based reletive named her son Bling-Bling.
Quote:

sneaky bunny said:
Quote:

Lothar of The Hill People said:

Baby ESPN isn't alone.

http://www.rkmbs.com/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/775959/an/0/page/0/gonew/1#UNREAD

the above article might be here already, ...but i posted it better.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-08 2:42 PM
you mispelled gayer
Posted By: Ariel AKA Warp Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-09 5:05 AM
Quote:

klinton said:

For some reason, child abuse laws do not cover naming your children. My neice is named Gracie Mae, which brings to mind an 80 yr old hillbilly.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-09 5:27 AM
you mispelled gayer
Posted By: Beardguy57 Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-09 5:30 AM
Quote:

Ariel AKA Warp said:
Quote:

klinton said:

For some reason, child abuse laws do not cover naming your children. My neice is named Gracie Mae, which brings to mind an 80 yr old hillbilly.

At least they didn't name her Appolonia...or Ellie May... or
Sequencia!
How about "Soda"? That's a beautiful name.
Posted By: Ariel AKA Warp Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-09 5:37 AM
What about Ponyboy?
Well if you want ensure beatdowns and homosexuality.
Posted By: Beardguy57 Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-09 5:40 AM
How about naming a kid Voltron? That's a good, solid, masculine name!
I wonder what the man who changed his name to OPTIMUS PRIME will name his progeny.
Posted By: Beardguy57 Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-09 5:51 AM
Bumblebee? Grimlock?
Posted By: notwedge Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-09 8:57 AM
I'm still trying to talk Ariel into Galactus as a boy's name...
Posted By: Beardguy57 Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-09 9:00 AM
Quote:

notwedge said:
I'm still trying to talk Ariel into Galactus as a boy's name...

That is a real tough name! No one's gonna mess with a kid named Galactus!

I can see it now when he is in 2 nd grade on the playground:

Kid :" Get out of the sandbox, I own it!"

Galactus :" Shut up, or I eat your world, bitch!"
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-09 10:28 PM
I think people should cut to the chase & give their kids useful names like:
Little shit
Dumb bastard
Fucking little retard
Ashtray
Posted By: Beardguy57 Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-09 10:29 PM
Quote:

Nowhereman said:
Little shit
Dumb bastard
Fucking little retard
Ashtray

Posted By: crawfordcrow Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-09 11:00 PM
You wouldn't believe the names I see come down the pike at the hospital. Some recent baby names: "Placenta", "Oregano", "Andie Nicole Smith"... sometimes it's just unfortunate foreign names, like baby "Diep Dung" (born to Bich Dung), but the deliberate cruelty that some people inflict on their kids should earn them a visit from CPS and a stint in the bighouse with people named "Porkchop", "Jackhammer", and "Gravy Train". Maybe a couple years of answering to "Practice Bitch" will change their tune.
Posted By: Cowgirl Jack Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-09 11:02 PM
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
I wonder what the man who changed his name to OPTIMUS PRIME will name his progeny.

I can't get over that fact that it means his wife is 'Mrs. Prime'...
Posted By: Cowgirl Jack Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-09 11:04 PM
Quote:

crawfordcrow said:
You wouldn't believe the names I see come down the pike at the hospital. Some recent baby names: "Placenta", "Oregano", "Andie Nicole Smith"... sometimes it's just unfortunate foreign names, like baby "Diep Dung" (born to Bich Dung), but the deliberate cruelty that some people inflict on their kids should earn them a visit from CPS and a stint in the bighouse with people named "Porkchop", "Jackhammer", and "Gravy Train". Maybe a couple years of answering to "Practice Bitch" will change their tune.

I'm so grateful Lord of the Rings didn't come out twenty years ago, or I would be named Boromina...*whew*
That book came out like fifty years ago.
Posted By: rex Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-10 3:21 AM
heh
Quote:

Cowgirl Jack said:
Quote:

crawfordcrow said:

I'm so grateful Lord of the Rings didn't come out twenty years ago, or I would be named Boromina...*whew*

yeesh

I'm pretty sure there are guys running around named Eldarion out there. One or two at least.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-10 11:40 PM
Sammitch's real name is Bilbo Baggins!
Posted By: Captain Sammitch Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-11 12:05 AM

I asked you politely to keep that under wraps, dammit! Now I gotta find that old Leonard Nimoy music video...
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-11 1:01 AM
Please try to remember who I am before you tell me anything!

Next thing ya know I'll be telling everyone about your Strawberry Shortcake collection!
Whoops!
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-19 3:18 AM
Posted By: Beardguy57 Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-19 3:28 AM
Posted By: crawfordcrow Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-19 11:14 AM
When you scratch that one, you won't smell strawberries!
Posted By: Balloon Knot Re: Sports Fan Names Newborn Son ESPN - 2006-10-19 1:21 PM
Quote:

Nowhereman said:
Little shit
Dumb bastard
Fucking little retard
Ashtray

You Forgot Rex
© RKMBs