RKMBs
Posted By: harleykwin The "fuck you" table - 2007-09-09 10:48 PM
So, my sister got married yesterday and it was the most kick ass party I've ever been to. Seriously, it was the best time I've had a long time. But before we got to the kick ass wedding there was a lot of fuckin things to do to get there and one of the minor, last minute things that I got stuck doing last week was alphabetizing 200+ name cards with the table assignments for each person written on them.

So, as I'm going through the list I start checking out the table numbers of all the people I can't stand - you know they type: cousins that you would never, ever in a million fuckin' years talk to and wouldn't if it weren't for the fact that you are forced to see them at holiday get togethers every year; family friends that annoy the hell out of you for a variety of reasons; etc. - and as I go through the list I realize that they are all at the same table. So, I mention this to my sister (we can't stand many of the same people) and she calmly replies, "Oh, they're all at the 'fuck you' table" - which, of course, promptly made me laugh my ass off. Apparently, the idea was to let all the annoying people deal with each other and not annoy the fuck out of everyone else.

So, here's the thing - any of you see this kinda table at parties/weddings, etc.? Is it obvious to you which table that is? Or worse, have you actually ever been stuck at one?
Posted By: sneaky bunny Re: The "fuck you" table - 2007-09-09 11:33 PM
My dad was with his second wife when my cousin got married. the four of us, my uncle and two people i didn't know. i quickly moved to the table where everyone was bitching about the crappy bar.
the best part is putting that table near the middle.
Posted By: Beardguy57 Re: The "fuck you" table - 2007-09-09 11:48 PM
My uncle's youngest son had a Bar Mitzfah many years ago.

My Uncle did not want my mom or myself sitting at his table and we ought to have, but he stuck us at a table with a miserable old lady in a wheelchair, a widow who only talked about how much she missed her husband, and a retarded guy with his parents.

I got food poisoning at the party, as did about 20 others.

I used that as an excuse to never go to any more family gatherings cause my family sucks, heh.
Posted By: Rob Re: The "fuck you" table - 2007-09-10 9:30 AM
two of my sisters just got married. ...separately.

both featured fuck you tables.

but, hey, at least i wasn't alone.
Posted By: Uschi Re: The "fuck you" table - 2007-09-10 12:04 PM
 Originally Posted By: Beardguy57

My Uncle ... stuck us at a table with a miserable old lady in a wheelchair, a widow who only talked about how much she missed her husband, and a retarded guy with his parents.
I used that as an excuse to never go to any more family gatherings cause my family sucks, heh.

Well, at least the feeling is mutual, eh?
Posted By: Uschi Re: The "fuck you" table - 2007-09-10 12:05 PM
 Originally Posted By: Beardguy57

My Uncle ... stuck us at a table with a miserable old lady in a wheelchair, a widow who only talked about how much she missed her husband, and a retarded guy with his parents.

Reax was at the reception?
Posted By: rex Re: The "fuck you" table - 2007-09-10 12:13 PM
No, if it was me I would have been with your mom.
Posted By: rex Re: The "fuck you" table - 2007-09-10 2:37 PM
I've never been at a fuck you table but I have been stuck in a fuck you car. I once got stuck in a car with two twats that no one else wanted to deal with. Two hour car ride, I faked being asleep the whole time.
Posted By: Beardguy57 Re: The "fuck you" table - 2007-09-10 3:17 PM
I think our planet is actually one ginormous " Fuck you " table...
Posted By: rex Re: The "fuck you" table - 2007-09-10 3:21 PM
You can always leave.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: The "fuck you" table - 2007-09-10 10:15 PM
I got excited when i first saw the title of this thread and who started it... \:\(
Posted By: harleykwin Re: The "fuck you" table - 2007-09-10 10:56 PM
ha!
Posted By: thedoctor Re: The "fuck you" table - 2007-09-10 10:58 PM
He also finished before he had a chance to click the link.
Posted By: harleykwin Re: The "fuck you" table - 2007-09-10 11:13 PM
That will go on the TMI list...
Posted By: Uschi Re: The "fuck you" table - 2007-09-11 2:45 AM
fuck you table, tmi list... Kwink is organized
Posted By: Jeremy Re: The "fuck you" table - 2007-09-11 3:00 AM
I had a second job for a while doing catering at wedding receptions. Nothing special, just passing out hor' dourves, bringing out the food, and clearing tables. While being tempted by open bars and cake I've seen plenty of 'fuck you' tables. They're a motley crew of the obnoxious, annoying, and demanding. They get on you from the beginning with questions they really don't need to ask and I don't need to answer. "Is this your full time job?", "Do you think they'll last?", "Can't you leave that flask (of wine)?". By mid-evening I dread going by 'that' table. Why couldn't I have the section with all the hot chicks? Then the celebrating ends, the tables are cleared, and it gets close to quitting time. After one last visit to the table that gave me so much grief, one of the couples looks at each other and points to me. "Thanks for putting up with us tonight, we gave you a pretty hard time. Here."

The 'fuck you' tables tip!

Unless they're miserable, old, and stuck up, I ain't complainin'.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: The "fuck you" table - 2007-09-11 10:59 AM
 Originally Posted By: harleykwin
ha!

Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: The "fuck you" table - 2007-09-11 10:59 AM
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
He also finished before he had a chance to click the link.

\:\(

Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People Re: The "fuck you" table - 2007-09-12 2:45 AM
 Originally Posted By: rex
I've never been at a fuck you table but I have been stuck in a fuck you car. I once got stuck in a car with two twats that no one else wanted to deal with. Two hour car ride, I faked being asleep the whole time.

Did you at least get a handjob from them? It would've made for a more enjoyable trip.
Posted By: rex Re: The "fuck you" table - 2007-09-12 2:53 AM
I probably would have gotten the herpes from them.
Posted By: Dabney Donovan Re: The "fuck you" table - 2008-08-03 12:13 PM
I wonder if the "fuck you" version of Rob would sit there.
Posted By: Uschi Re: The "fuck you" table - 2008-08-03 1:02 PM
 Originally Posted By: Uschi
fuck you table, tmi list... Kwink is organized
© RKMBs