RKMBs
A fine program.

You know with Bloodbath, Flair collection, Foley, Nitro vs Raw and that outside of Raw and Smackdown the WWE is putting out some fine entertainment.
best of all no HHH!
What were the ten? I personally dug the Flair/Undertaker match from X8 because Arn Anderson got involved and delivered a BEAUTIFUL spine-buster unto 'Taker that had me cheering like a ten-year-old. Not that I think it's a "Top Ten" match...I just really liked it.
I believe they listed them in this month's RAW magazine. A few I can remember are Kurt Angle vs. Benoit (X7), Michaels vs. razor Ramon (X), Hogan vs. Rock (X8), Steamboat vs. Savage (III; like there was any doubt), and one of the Rock/Austin matches, but I can't remember if it was the one from XV or X7.
Rock/Austin from XVII.

Oh, and I believe one of 'em was Hart/Austin from XIII.
The Hart/Michaels match is clearly one of the best ever, but I have to say that the Hogan/Andre the Giant from Wrestlemania III is the best ever(in terms of excitement, not as a display of wrestling prowess).
There are 3 Bret matches that should be required for any Best of WrestleMania list: v. Owen at X, v. Michaels at XII and v. Austin at XIII.
My friend told me that the Hart/Austin "I quit match," I think that's what it was called, should have been #1.

I don't know. I haven't seen enough wrestling.
Quote:

Kristogar Velo said:
There are 3 Bret matches that should be required for any Best of WrestleMania list: v. Owen at X, v. Michaels at XII and v. Austin at XIII.

Personally, I would add v. Piper at 8. Always liked that one.
i don't think to highly of the hbk vs hitman ironman match because neither guy wanted to do any pinfall/submissions during the match. shows how somewhat unproffesional both guys were. i just look to the supirior steamboat vs flair iron man to see 2 guys who were conserned with giving the fans a great show, and not worring about their own bruised ego.
The first time most of us saw that match, we didn't know anything about the backstage politics involved. I never judge matches on that kind of criteria.
Quote:

Kristogar Velo said:
The first time most of us saw that match, we didn't know anything about the backstage politics involved. I never judge matches on that kind of criteria.

well, the first time it was good, but much like hogan vs the ultimate(idiot) warrior. or even hogan vs andre. i guess i figure a top ten of all time should be matches that stand the test of time.
i couldn't believe hogan vs andre wasn't even on the list! i'd think that'd be the match that got most of the current roster into the notion of wrasslin.

my personal favs'd be three hogan matches, of course.

hogan vs andre, hogan vs warrior, hogan vs rock.

ladder matches just freak me out. for some reason, being beaten in the face, kicked in the jaw, or the jackhammer, etc, etc, all pale in comparison to the thought of pinching my fingers in the ladder! just don't wanna watch it.
© RKMBs