RKMBs
Posted By: Glacier16 Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-18 5:46 PM

Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-18 8:37 PM
Possibly the teaser .
Posted By: Rob Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-18 9:44 PM
 Originally Posted By: Glacier16
Possibly the teaser .

Posted By: Rob Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-18 9:51 PM
marvel vs capcom was awesome. every version of it.

i like dc much more than marvel, but... its just so difficult to work them into a video game. if this was mortal kombat with batman, that could work. but superman in a game or green lantern... its just too nutty. marvel super heroes are just more balanced.
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-18 10:52 PM
Thanks for the embedding, rob!

LOL

;P
Posted By: Pariah Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-18 11:36 PM
They should have just limited it to Batman and his rogues plus associates. That way it'd be less silly.

I could see Batman, Lady Shiva, Etrigan/Jason Blood, Ragman, or others of that nature. But....Superman? Gimme a break.

Although I will say that it would be pretty interesting to see Wonder Woman go head to head with Shiva(MK).
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-19 2:06 AM
They'll have to do something about the fatalities. Superman melting Sonya's face off with heat vision? Wonder Woman yanking Liu Kang's head off with her lasso? Not the image DC's gonna want to have with their characters.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-19 3:09 AM
 Originally Posted By: Rob Kamphausen
marvel super heroes are just more balanced.

How so?
Hulk, Iron Man, Quasar, Thor, Hercules, Valkyrie etc etc etc

For each Marvel character that would fit a game like this, there are an equal amount of DC characters.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-19 3:11 AM
http://www.worldscollide.com/
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-19 4:24 AM
I could see Lobo working in a game like this. In fact, the mental images of the Last Czarnian going apeshit on the MK Krew instantly bring a chuckle. Deathstroke and Black Adam would work too.
Posted By: Pariah Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-19 9:00 AM
Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind seeing if they could put Joker in as a fighter.

They'd have to allow weapons though. If so, they could probably use Oliver as well.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-19 9:32 AM
Batman's costume looks kind of silly in contrast to SubZero. It really seems out of place.
Posted By: Pariah Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-19 9:59 AM
If they made him taller with his cape more expansive and obscured his face in darkness more, he'd probably fit better.

....Then again, maybe not.

It's hard to say exactly how one complements the atmosphere of Mortal Kombat. You can definitely recognize what's appropriate and what isn't, but trying to fit stuff into it doesn't seem to be able to work.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-19 4:54 PM
If that batman looks out of place, I imagine it's going to be worse for superman's red and blue tights.
Posted By: Rob Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-19 6:07 PM
 Originally Posted By: Nowhereman
marvel super heroes are just more balanced.

How so?
Hulk, Iron Man, Quasar, Thor, Hercules, Valkyrie etc etc etc

they're not perfect matches, but they're more balanced fighters with one another, in a video game sense. it is more reasonable to see a wolverine / hulk fight or a captain america / iron man fight than it is to see a green arrow / wonder woman fight or a superman / aquaman fight

marvel characters also have abilities that translate better into video game form, and i'd think dc characters would have a harder time handling that. superman's "i should have beaten everyone in the game in 3 seconds" aside, how would the flash translate? which button is the "fastest speed on earth" button?

maybe part of the storyline is that they're all somehow depowered a bit...? i dunno.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-19 6:23 PM
flash has had various power levels in his incarnations, i'm sure in this his speed will by similar to Chu Li's in Street Fighter.

if you gunna asume everyone is at there most powerful, marvel would be just as silly.

who is gunna be able to kill wolverine in hand to hand?

how can anyone stop the ultimate nullifier?

power pack? mortal combat wouldnt stand a chance.
Posted By: Rob Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-19 8:43 PM
i guess. just seems to me like there is a much greater balance across the marvel universe stable -- even to the point where there are lots of bouts between them in the books; wolverine fights hulk, cap took on iron man, spidey throws down on juggernaut, etc.

i guess batman could have a "prep time" attack?
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-19 9:35 PM
So if Captain "no powers" America can fight, Iron "superstrong" Man, why is Aqua "Stronger than Captain America"man vs Super"bit stronger than Iron Man"man any harder to believe?

So lets look at it this way, if you say Iron Man vs Cap is fine, then how about, Hulk vs Night Thrasher?
Or Thor vs Jubilee?

Wheres the balance there?

Each company has got a wide spectrum over lesser powered and over powered characters.
Marvel does not have the better balance by a long shot!

Fer fucksake, we have seen some great DC battles over the years that would not make sense by your definition (Batman vs Supes, Aquaman vs Wonder Woman etc)

And anyway, this game is MK vs DCU, not DCU vs DCU!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-20 12:15 AM
i guess. just seems to me like there is a much greater balance across the marvel universe stable -- even to the point where there are lots of bouts between them in the books; wolverine fights hulk, cap took on iron man, spidey throws down on juggernaut, etc.

exactly. they weakened them down, or up depending on the situation to make the fight interesting.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-20 1:36 AM
Theres always been a history in comic books of putting wildly disparately powered characters against eachother, then making it somehow work.
Marvel has done it, but so has DC.

If Beardgay was here, he would point out that Karate Kid (who had no powers) won his place in the Legion by fighting Superboy (remember, this was the pre-Crisis Superboy, who was more powerful than post-Crisis Superman) to a stand still.

No matter how talented a fighter you are, based on Superboys powers, how could any human win or draw in a fight with him?

Powerwise, Spiderman vs Juggernaut is no different to something like Booster Gold vs Superman.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-20 1:40 AM
Batman vs Guy Gardner is a prime example. Gardner had the most powerful weapon in the Universe and Batman beat him.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-20 1:52 AM
One punch!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-20 2:21 AM
Batman's superpower is infinite preptime.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-20 2:26 AM
and then they fuck.
Millenium is coming you guys!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-20 2:27 AM
IN THE ASS!
Robert, is The Bat-Man a better fuck than Booster Gold?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-20 2:33 AM
it likely depends on prep time.
I forgot Rob needs to put on a strap-on.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-20 2:39 AM
and lube. lots of lube.
He says the bat-cave isn't as spacious as it looks.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-20 2:43 AM
he also says that the bat pole doesnt slide easy.
Posted By: Rob Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-20 2:43 AM
 Originally Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk
I forgot Rob needs to put on a strap-on.

yeah, you forgot
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-20 2:43 AM
by bat pole he means batmans cock.
Posted By: Rob Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-20 2:45 AM
Each company has got a wide spectrum over lesser powered and over powered characters.
Marvel does not have the better balance by a long shot!

im talking about the characters in the "marvel versus" video games, you ginger poof. and, similarly, the dc characters speculated to be in this game.

If Beardgay was here, he would point out that Karate Kid (who had no powers) won his place in the Legion by fighting Superboy (remember, this was the pre-Crisis Superboy, who was more powerful than post-Crisis Superman) to a stand still.

sounds like he just did
And by "yeah, you forgot" he means "i fucked metamorpho".
Why Metamorpho, Rob? What the fuck?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-20 2:47 AM
rob you metamorphofucker.
Posted By: Rob Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-20 2:47 AM
by "And by "yeah, you forgot" he means "i fucked metamorpho"." he meant "i like homosexual drawings"
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-20 2:48 AM
Posted By: Rob Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-20 2:50 AM
race fight!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-20 3:00 AM
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-20 3:07 AM
SWEET CHRISTMAS!
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-20 3:17 AM

Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-20 3:40 AM

Posted By: Rob Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-21 7:52 PM
MORTAL KOMBAT VS. DC DETAILS
by Lucas Siegel

• Scorpion vs. Batman. Sub-Zero vs. Superman. A new twisted fanfic? Nosiree, it’s the new Mortal Kombat! Announced yesterday at Midway Gamer’s Day in Las Vegas, NV, videogame mainstay Midway Games has teamed up with DC Comics to bring the next installment of Mortal Kombat some new, old characters. The game has already been in development for several months, and rumored as far back as September, 2007.

Fans across gaming and comics messageboards have been skeptical, to say the least. One concern is power levels, as most MK characters are slightly augmented humans (at most), while the DC characters are, well, super-powered. The other main concern is what rating the company would be seeking for their endeavor. Traditionally, Mortal Kombat games have been rated M for Mature in the U.S., which means they are recommended for players 17 and older. No word yet on whether the game will feature the fatalities and brutal moves the series is known for. Either way, Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe is, in fact, on the way.

There will be two different stories, one told from the side of MK, one from the side of DC, where each universe is invaded by the opposite universe’s characters. Names familiar to comic fans, Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray are writing the story to help lend the proper voices to the DC Characters. These stories will be told in a new version of the traditional single player campaign.

The story will be used to balance the fights more evenly, and will do so using established mythology. For instance, the story will feature magic factors, to weaken Superman against a character like Sub-Zero.

The combination of “popularity and style of fighting” was used to choose which characters were in the game, according to series head Ed Boon. Batman, Superman, Sub-Zero, and Scorpion are the first confirmed characters, with more to come in the coming months leading up to the game’s release. Right now the release is noted as this fall, and the game will be coming out for the Xbox 360 and the Playstation 3.

One of the new features for the game includes a new fighting mechanic, including zoom-ins and fighting while falling from one level of the stage to the next. More information about the game will be released at http://www.worldscollide.com
Posted By: rex Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-21 8:42 PM
This game will be horrible. It reeks of fanboy fanfic and will match it in quality. They're breaking the rules for both universes and will end up making both crappy and subpar.
Posted By: PCG342 Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-21 8:59 PM
I'm hard-pressed to come up with very many DC characters I'd actually enjoy seeing fighting in the MK universe, so I'll most likely pass on this one, too.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-22 3:49 AM
 Originally Posted By: rex
I'm a fan boy!
Posted By: rex Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-22 4:01 AM
Thats clever.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-22 4:06 AM
Got me again!
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-22 4:07 AM
Its a simple logic to this game.
The MK characters are mystical in origin, so it stands to reason they would maybe affect the DC guys powers to the point things are evened up.
And as for fatalities.....well the MK characters can have em, the DC characters dont, that way it doesnt go against either franchises characterisations!

That said, stick in a character like Lobo, and you have the perfect crossover character!

Theres also easily enough lower powered DC heroes that could be used (pretty much anyone from the Bat universe, Blue Beetle, Black Lightning, Black Canary, Green Arrow, Aquaman, Manhunter, The Question, Resurection Man etc etc etc.).

I didnt see anyone complaining when Lui Kang or Johnny Cage was fighting a monster like Goro, or a god like Raiden!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-22 4:09 AM
Nowhereman dont be an ass, let the fanboys cry today!

making sense is gunna screw this up for them!
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-22 4:11 AM
Sorry, I forgot to consider the fanboys feelings!

All we need now is Snarf to tell us how truly, TRULY bad this will be!

I wonder if Shane Douglas will be in it?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-22 4:26 AM
theyll have to power him down for sure!
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-22 4:50 AM
At least nobody can rip his spine out!
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-22 6:26 AM
Is G'nort involved? Cause, if not, why are we even talking about this? G'Nort and Ambush Bug, or fuck right off corporate pigs...
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-23 7:45 AM
Sorry, I forgot to consider the fanboys feelings!

All we need now is Snarf to tell us how truly, TRULY bad this will be!

I wonder if Shane Douglas will be in it?

Actually, it could be cool. In addition to the aforementioned Lobo, Black Adam, Deathstroke and the Creeper would make good characters as well.
Posted By: rex Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-23 9:56 AM
Does nowie not realize he's a fanboy?
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-23 10:09 AM
I shit on mortal kombat!

Because I can't memorize the motions for their patalitis.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-04-23 1:20 PM
Does nowie not realize he's a fanboy?

Sorry, I aint crying because the characters might be taken out of their original context.

Go back to fucking your socks!
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-05-20 9:06 PM
The main site has updated their art download section with some renders from the game. Go to the main site for the full resolution renders.

Superman

Metropolis

Scorpion

Hell
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-05-20 9:07 PM
I'm stoked!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-05-20 9:33 PM
When do we get to see CGI boobie shots from Wonder Woman?!
Posted By: Pariah Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-05-20 11:33 PM
Is there a new fatality where Wonder Woman ends up getting gangbanged?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-05-21 12:08 AM
she gets it like Barbara Gordon!
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-05-21 3:36 AM
Major Force will shove Sonya in a fridge!
Posted By: dr. Nick Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-05-21 9:00 PM

So, is Scorpion going to be able to uppercut Superman into a vat of acid, and Superman's skeleton comes bobbing out 3 seconds later? This sounds like a game for troubled teens.
still skeptical but this looks cool....
Posted By: MisterJLA Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-05-21 10:50 PM
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
she gets it like Barbara Gordon!

IN THE ASS!
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-06-26 8:09 PM
More battlegrounds and stuff

Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-08 11:37 PM
Posted By: Rob Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-09 12:30 AM
time to prepare!
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-09 4:28 AM
He's going to use his other arm to elbow Scorpion across the face.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-10 8:29 AM
More on the game, including fatality info and an anime clip from Street Fighter IV.
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-10 5:11 PM
That was awesome! I am so stoked for these games. The part with Sub-Zero running Superman through the walls was great as well as when Flash was doing that to Sonya.
the thing that bugs me about these superhero fighting games is that the same punch to Superman and Batman does the same damage.
It's like the Justice League game on the SNES where Batman could easily defeat Darkseid and Superman by jumping around and throwing batarangs (which did the same damage as Omega Beams).
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-12 3:28 PM
My problem is that the superheroes now look silly in the context of the MK Universe. A guy in a blue ninja outfit looks a lot less stupid when he's fighting a dude in a cape, with his briefs on top of his pants.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-12 6:13 PM
SPOILERS!
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-12 8:11 PM
I don't think that Spoiler's in the game, BSAMS.
You can unlock her and The Bat-Man's elderly doctor woman friend. If you make them fight, the old woman automatically does a fatality.
Posted By: Franta Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-13 10:32 AM
I THINK IM TURNING JAPANESE
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-13 4:55 PM
you really think so?
I really wanna know.
Posted By: the Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-19 6:35 AM
Frank Burns talkative User 7500+ posts Fri Jul 18 2008 11:34 PM Viewing a list of posts
Forum: off topic and offensive posts
Posted By: Franta Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-19 8:12 AM
no sex no drugs no wine no women its dark
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-19 5:53 PM
Posted By: Rob Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-27 6:20 AM
Posted By: Rob Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-27 6:22 AM

Posted By: Pariah Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-27 6:36 AM
That Joker is awesome!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-27 8:54 AM
It's a Mortal Kombat game with a DC skin mod.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-27 9:03 AM
I'm holding out for the DCU MMO.
Posted By: Jason E. Perkins Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-27 4:20 PM

Nipples.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-27 4:26 PM
I think they missed the boat by not having the Joker resemble Heath Ledger....
Posted By: Jason E. Perkins Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-27 7:08 PM
I guess if they were gonna show the Joker as a corpse, this would be the game to do it in.
Posted By: Jason E. Perkins Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-27 7:09 PM
I like the changes in The Flash's costume: the glove, the boots, and whatnot.

Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-27 7:15 PM
 Originally Posted By: Jason E. Perkins
I guess if they were gonna show the Joker as a corpse, this would be the game to do it in.

youre still an emotional wreck i see...
Posted By: Black Machismo Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-27 7:16 PM
why does the joker have mark hammill's lightsaber?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-28 12:15 AM
if you know what he means.....
The tit's are huge in this game.
Posted By: iggy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-28 8:01 AM
I'll, at least, give this game a try.

And, DPW, you say that like it is a bad thing!?!
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-28 9:30 AM
 Originally Posted By: Black Machismo
why does the joker have mark hammill's lightsaber?

"You're not upstaging me, Van Der Beek!"
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-29 3:05 AM
Die you bald cunt!
 Originally Posted By: iggy
I'll, at least, give this game a try.

And, DPW, you say that like it is a bad thing!?!

Oh no, it was meant more like a delighted observaion.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-30 1:43 AM
Die you bald cunt!

Welcome back...
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-30 2:06 AM
Fuck off baldy!
Posted By: Whit Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-30 7:51 AM
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-30 8:03 AM
Is that...seriously what it was?
Posted By: Whit Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-31 9:25 AM
postcard
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-07-31 11:06 AM
postcard...
Posted By: rex Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-08-24 4:39 AM
Posted By: Pariah Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-08-24 7:58 AM
Yahtzee was right!
Posted By: iggy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-09-01 1:29 PM

That looks super.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-09-13 8:39 PM
The final four characters have been announced for the game. Baraka and Shao Kahn from Mortal Kombat and Lex Luthor and Darkseid from DC.
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-02 10:03 PM
Posted By: rex Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-02 10:10 PM
buttsex?
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-03 3:51 AM
It's a picture from his honeymoon
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-08 8:57 PM

Different source. Works for the time being.
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-08 8:57 PM
Damn, Alex Ross makes it look easy. Never thought I'd see renders by Alex Ross of MK characters. Awesome!
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-09 4:52 AM
No longer available. Curse you Jeff!
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-09 4:32 PM
Curse you YouTube!
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-09 6:26 PM
Oh well, here is the hi-res image of the box art that the video showed Alex Ross making.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-09 6:35 PM
I like it, but I would much rather see original game art on the cover. I don't under$tand why Alex Ro$$ has to draw everything DC related.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-10 3:54 AM
he likes cash
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-12 3:58 PM
duh.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-12 5:00 PM
If he didn't, those three models he uses would go hungry...
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-12 5:27 PM
shut the fuck up you whiney fanboy bitches.
whats next, we all complain at you for doing your jobs all the time?
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-12 5:31 PM
we'll have nothing to complain about with reax
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-12 5:35 PM
Well, not his job anyway.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-13 9:17 AM
http://www.worldscollide.com has a fuck more updated. Holy shit I'm buying a 360.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-13 9:32 AM
Lex Luthor and Deathstroke look bad ass.
Posted By: rex Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-25 10:11 AM

they edited this move. Now the head shot is off screen.
Posted By: Pariah Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-25 10:41 AM

Posted By: Prometheus Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-28 8:01 PM

What kind of pussy-move is THAT?! Boooooooooooooooooo!!!!
Posted By: rex Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-28 9:17 PM
You can thank hillary clinton and joesph leiberman for gayness like that.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-28 10:44 PM
I didn't realize both of them were huge anti-video game advocates. G-Mod, if you see this, PLEASE don't feel the need to post a huge FOX News article in here about it. Just make a link to a thread in the Poli-Forum and I'll get the hint.

Meanwhile, this is Mortal Kombat we're talking about. The original "violent" video game. I'd say it's more believable that Warner Bros/DC Comics didn't want their characters (who are such a HUGE attraction to the innocent little kiddies = sarcasm) connected to overt violence. That's a guess, but it's perfectly plausible...
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-29 12:22 AM
so you think the desire to remove the shot was done in a vacuum, there was no pressure?
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-29 12:54 AM
 Originally Posted By: Lucius Prometheus Vorenus
I didn't realize both of them were huge anti-video game advocates. G-Mod, if you see this, PLEASE don't feel the need to post a huge FOX News article in here about it. Just make a link to a thread in the Poli-Forum and I'll get the hint.

Meanwhile, this is Mortal Kombat we're talking about. The original "violent" video game. I'd say it's more believable that Warner Bros/DC Comics didn't want their characters (who are such a HUGE attraction to the innocent little kiddies = sarcasm) connected to overt violence. That's a guess, but it's perfectly plausible...

Superheroes like Batman, I get (which is why the heroes don't have fatalities). But if Warner/ DC didn't want the JOKER connected with overt violence, then maybe they should've required The Dark Knight to go through a few more passes in the editing room.
Posted By: rex Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-29 12:59 AM
According to politicians video game violence will ruin America, just like comics, rock and roll and TV did.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-29 1:56 AM
and capitalism.
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-29 2:03 AM
According to politicians video game violence will ruin America, just like comics, rock and roll and TV did.

Pretend violence is the gravest situation facing America today!
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-29 3:06 AM
I think virginity and baldness rank above pretend violence!
Posted By: Rob Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-29 7:31 AM
it is a problem women have been ignoring for years!
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-29 12:40 PM
Fingers crossed!
Posted By: Rob Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-29 10:42 PM
legs
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-29 10:44 PM
Eyes?
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-30 1:11 AM
I would like to cut Snarfs throat
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-30 5:09 AM
\:\(
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-10-30 5:12 AM
If its any consolation, I would be smiling!
!!!

The Joker sounds a little Mark Hamill-ish
Some gameplay

At the end is another fatality from the Joker
More finishing moves (last one I promise)

Posted By: King Snarf Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-11-09 7:59 AM
If its any consolation, I would be smiling!

That's not any consolation at all!
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-11-10 4:48 AM
It is to me!
Posted By: Rob Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-11-14 12:04 AM
i'll agree
Posted By: Rob Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-11-14 12:15 AM
This game will be horrible. It reeks of fanboy fanfic and will match it in quality. They're breaking the rules for both universes and will end up making both crappy and subpar.

as far as being a "fighting game" (characters and histories aside) it looks pretty cool. 2D fighting in a 3D(ish) environment. an up close mode, an in-air mode, unique abilities across the board, etc. seems very well done, and i tend to never really like MK games.

as far as the charactersgo, they seem to have found a great way to work around the "sonya versus superman" ridiculousness by introducing a full story. instead of the arcadey-appeal of marvel / capcom, this game has written up full dialog and cut scenes and plot lines to "logically" have the characters battle one another. not that its the greatest story, or free of plot holes, but from what i've seen and read they've done a really good job to keep everything balanced
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-11-17 3:36 AM
I picked up the kollector's edition today. This included the drawing by Alex Ross, bonus content, and the comic. The case is also very nice.

I finished story mode on the DC side (which unlocks Darkseid as playable so I'm assuming Shao Khan becomes playable if you beat it on the MK side). It is fun! The story really does fit nicely into why the DC/MK Universes are fighting and such. The characters movesets are very cool. They fit each character well. Joker is funny to play and Flash is a beast. The computer AI plays a wicked Captain Marvel. So far I am only comfortable playing as Superman.

The herioc brutalities are alright and the fatalities are cool, but I have much more fun in the fight. Rage mode, air falling combat, test your might..all great stuff! Online play is tight. I didn't get any lagging and there was plenty of people on to fight.
Posted By: Rob Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-11-17 8:42 AM
IGN's Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe Review
by Greg Miller

Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe is fun and a solid entry into the franchise, but I doubt many folks will find it entertaining past a rental. Casual players will punch through the storyline before burning out after getting stumped by one or two Kombo Challenges, while Mortal Kombat fans will have trouble accepting the toned down Fatalities and somewhat slower gameplay. In short, this game's fun, but its legs probably can't carry it beyond the whole "Wow, Batman's fighting Superman" first impression.
Posted By: Rob Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-11-17 8:44 AM
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-11-23 4:30 AM
I think any fans of Mortal Kombat (like myself) will enjoy this, and any DC fans (who like Mortal Kombat) will get over their fanboyish complaints, and enjoy this.

The story works well, and explains the reasons differently powered people can go up against eachother (not that they needed to, cause its a fucking computer game) and why some of the DC characters have powers they dont normally have.

The DC story mode has some funny touches, like The Joker pretending he isnt interested in why he is suddenly a great fighter, but you can see how interested he actually is!
Maybe that's just a banana.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-11-23 7:12 PM
The more I play this game, the more I like it!

I do think the story mode should have been condensed into a single story rather than two seperate stories as the first time you play whatever side you choose, you are given constant references to stuff thats already happened in the other story mode, leaving you somewhat confused on first playthrough.

The graphics and animation are stunning, with some serious attention to detail, including skin blemishes in cut scenes and battle damage during fights (ranging from black eyes, torn clothing and dented armour, cuts to the face and even bloody knuckles).

Both story modes are somewhat short, with them being completable within a few hours, but the legs on this are gonna be the arcade versus mode and online play.

Now while I aint holding my breath on this, downloadable characters would be nice, and seriously extend the shelf life of this game as the limited amount of characters available is pretty underwhelming.

The characterisations of the DC characters in the cut scenes is spot on, with the voices being pretty much what you probably think the DC characters would sound like, if they were real (only exception is probably Catwoman, who's voice just seems a bit too camp for a slutty bitch like her).

Captain Marvel is probably one of the best to play as power wise, as they have changed his abilities somewhat, but it all makes sense if you play the storyline.

Flash is just amazing with his superspeed fighting style as well.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-11-23 9:31 PM
Why do they call it Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe? DC Universe is such a limited fan boyish term. Why not DC Heroes, DC Superheroes, or DC Comics. Most people likely think WTF is a DC Universe. Ever since The Official Handbook of The Marvel Universe, this crap fan boy term has been around in comics, why spread it to other forms of media where the mainstream wont have any idea what theyre talking about?
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-11-24 12:38 AM
As soon as they see pictures of Batman and Superman on the front cover, they know what it means!

I also think, since the recent superhero films, people now have a better understanding of Marvel and DC comics purely based on the logos that now procede their films.

I cant think of another name to use really.
Posted By: rex Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-11-24 12:45 AM
They're using the same name for their MMORPG. Its a branding thing for them now.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-11-24 2:22 AM

Not on the European version!!!
What about the guy's arm on the corner? If you press down and start when it appears do you get to fight Smoke?
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-11-24 3:39 AM
If you press the right combination, he sticks the finger in Robs butt!
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-11-24 4:03 AM
How can something so right, be so wrong.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-11-24 4:08 AM
Toasty!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-11-24 4:33 AM
As soon as they see pictures of Batman and Superman on the front cover, they know what it means!

Yes they'll know it's the superheroes, but I'm sure no one outside of comic geeks see superheroes and go it's DC Universe!

What I was commenting on is DC Universe is a stupid title.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-11-24 4:56 AM
Personally I dont think it is.
Mainly because any other title would either sound tacky or be pretty much the same thing.
Any mention of DC, followed by any other word (universe, superheroes, comics etc) would mean just as much to anyone!

Calling it something like Mortal Kombat vs Batman and friends, would get instant recognition, but would be gayer than a night in with Snarf!

Plus, by using the name DC Universe in a game like this, then the MMORPG, at the front of movies and on cartoons, will create the branding for any future endeavours outside the comic medium.

And anyway, I know enough non-comic book geeks who have already bought this (or are planning to by it) as they know it features Batman and Superman, characters that are instantly recognisable to Joe Public!
Posted By: Joe Public Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-11-24 6:24 AM
I like Batman!
Posted By: King Snarf Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-11-24 8:54 AM
Calling it something like Mortal Kombat vs Batman and friends, would get instant recognition, but would be gayer than a night in with Snarf!

That's absolutely ri- hey!
Posted By: Glacier16 Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2008-11-25 1:55 AM
I thought it was hilarious when Joker heard the name Shao Khan and shouted

The kombo challenge is hardcore! I don't see anyone completing all of those.
Posted By: MisterJLA Re: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe - 2009-08-23 8:42 PM
What about the guy's arm on the corner? If you press down and start when it appears do you get to fight Smoke?

Epic Take!
© RKMBs