RKMBs
Posted By: Rob Windows 7 - 2009-01-08 11:55 PM
Windows 7
Microsoft.com

• Over the past few years, you've asked us to make some changes to Windows. We listened closely. Now it's time to share an early look at how we've used your feedback. Windows 7 is faster, more reliable, and makes it easier to do what you want. Both the everyday things and the killer "is that really possible?" things. Dig into this site to see what's coming. Want to try the Beta? Come back the afternoon of January 9. And remember—this is just a preview. There's more to come.

too much negative press for vista?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Windows 7 - 2009-01-08 11:57 PM
do we really need a tech forum?
Posted By: Rob Re: Windows 7 - 2009-01-08 11:59 PM
games and cooking?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Windows 7 - 2009-01-09 12:03 AM
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Windows 7 - 2009-01-09 12:05 AM
btw I've never used Vista, but I dont really see the need. XP accomplishes everything needed. I know that MS needs to release new OS to make more $, but I think if people are happy with your current product youll always have people hating the new one...
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Windows 7 - 2009-01-09 12:06 AM
MisterJLA talkative Moderator As EPIC As I Wanna Be...
15000+ posts 5 minutes 39 seconds ago Viewing a list of posts
Forum: Games and Tech
Posted By: Rob Re: Windows 7 - 2009-01-09 12:28 AM
 Originally Posted By: BASAMS The Plumber
btw I've never used Vista, but I dont really see the need. XP accomplishes everything needed. I know that MS needs to release new OS to make more $, but I think if people are happy with your current product youll always have people hating the new one...

i've used vista before, but never installed it on my own PC. vista was supposed to be the next "windows 95", and it had the same level of bugs and upgrade hassles and annoyances. if windows 7 is the next step, then vista never really got the chance 95 did. i assume its just the relentless bad press that had them decide its better to just move on -- things were so bad, they were showing the product under the name "mojave" to avoid the vista prejudice.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Windows 7 - 2009-01-09 1:32 AM
Vista is great if you want to see blue sceens telling you that something has gone horribly wrong and your computer had to be shut down before a catastrophe happens (I with they'd be more specific, because every time that happens I feel like I was seconds away from a nuclear explosion). It makes you feel like it's 1998 all over again. In that sense, I guess it's closer to Windows 95 than XP.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Windows 7 - 2009-01-09 2:00 AM
I liked 98se, and what I saw briefly of 2000, it was pretty cool, but I really cannot see any reason to upgrade from XP to anything else!

Maybe Vista is the new Windows ME!
Posted By: rex Re: Windows 7 - 2009-01-09 3:13 AM
I've read about Windows 7 and I like what I've seen. Its basically what Vista should have been. Smaller install size, better devise management (phones and mp3 players and such) and they really made networking easier with this version.
Posted By: Pariah Re: Windows 7 - 2009-01-09 3:34 AM
I await the day when Windows is no longer profitable for Microsoft. It'll come eventually. I'm dying to see what'll happen with their competition.

Originally Posted By: Nowhereman
I liked 98se,

http://epiclogon.ytmnd.com/

Quote:
and what I saw briefly of 2000, it was pretty cool, but I really cannot see any reason to upgrade from XP to anything else!

Maybe Vista is the new Windows ME!

I still use 2000 (as well as Linux). XP was a little too dubious for me to care about. I kept hearing about viruses for XP and shit.

Even if Microsoft doesn't support 2000 and the millions of people who still use it, the online community is still very helpful.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Windows 7 - 2009-01-09 4:22 AM
I've bought and installed Vista before, but I went back to a pirated copy of XP because I found out the complaints about it having hefty hardware requirements were not exaggerated.
Posted By: Rob Re: Windows 7 - 2009-01-09 4:38 AM
i also did not prefer vista (and likely 7) because it is more difficult to use cracked programs on it
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Windows 7 - 2009-01-09 4:39 AM
 Originally Posted By: Rob Kamphausen
i also did not prefer vista (and likely 7) because it is more difficult to use crack
Posted By: Rob Re: Windows 7 - 2009-01-09 4:44 AM
black tar heroin!
Posted By: the G-man Re: Windows 7 - 2009-01-09 5:59 AM
Vista is a fucking disaster on so many levels. Besides the stuff you usually hear about, on certain computers if you download Service Park 1 it disables your sound drivers and the computer is silent: no MP3, no video sound, nothing. Which means, of course, that you can't play any audio files or watch videos.

Microsoft's solution to the problem they created? They expect the user to find all the new drivers and reinstall them "manually."

Fuck that shit.

I have a year-old IBM thinkpad with Vista. I am seriously thinking of either finding a techie to install XP on it or trashing it and going with a Mac for everything but the work programs that aren't Mac-compatible.
Posted By: rex Re: Windows 7 - 2009-01-09 6:21 AM
Clean up on isle seven! We got another shitter!
Posted By: Chant Re: Windows 7 - 2009-01-09 11:27 PM
Actually, it's been known for quite a while that vista was just a "filler" or what have you, before windows 7 would arrive.
I'll have to say though, I've got Vista Ultimate 64 installed and it runs absolutely perfectly.

But I guess I'm just lucky in that regard.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Windows 7 - 2009-01-09 11:34 PM
Or you are Satan?
Posted By: Chant Re: Windows 7 - 2009-01-09 11:50 PM
it's always a possibility
© RKMBs