RKMBs
Posted By: Pig Iran Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-21 2:47 AM
And Guy Gardner seems to be enjoying it in a weird fetishist way..

Posted By: TK-069 Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-21 2:48 AM
That's a post-op Black Adam.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-21 2:51 AM
naahhhh..alternate universe I think...
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-21 2:51 AM
I think he'd still keep the ears..
Posted By: Matter-eater Man Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-21 3:36 AM
DC starting up an Ultimates Justice League?
Posted By: Animalman Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-21 3:50 AM
Facial expressions like that can only be the product of Kevin Maguire.
Posted By: Pariah Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-21 5:39 AM
Quote:

Pig Iron said:

I'm saving this pic for later.
Posted By: AGW Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-21 6:07 AM
Quote:

Pig Iron said:
And Guy Gardner seems to be enjoying it in a weird fetishist way..

Okay, no, seriously, what page did you get teh pic from?

teh.
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-21 6:12 AM
Probably a cover to an upcoming JLA Classified in McGuire's and Giffen's I Can't Believe It's Not the Justice League run.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-21 6:54 AM
Yes.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-21 8:41 AM
Owner of a lonely heart

I thought it was the cover to an upcoming JSA issue in June or something.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-21 9:35 AM
No, it's "Ultimate Mary Marvel" from the aforementioned I Can't Believe. . .run. The plot of them going to hell and meeting "Ultimate" versions of themselves has been mentioned on these boards several times.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-21 9:38 AM
Oh.

Yes that is all I have to say on that.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-21 9:39 AM
Don't let Shazamgrrl know. She'll only post "Giffen/DeMatteis/Maguire suck" messages like the no thought-out opinion-having looney she is. Or she'll blow a blood vessel in her brain and die with her face planted on her keyboard.

On the other hand, PM her...
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-21 9:55 AM
Heh
Quote:

Grimm said:
No, it's "Ultimate Mary Marvel" from the aforementioned I Can't Believe. . .run. The plot of them going to hell and meeting "Ultimate" versions of themselves has been mentioned on these boards several times.

Is that correct? I'll have to check that out.

Mcguire's facial expressions are indeed excellent.
It starts in JLA Classified #4... I think it already came out.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-21 6:18 PM
ewwww
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-21 6:20 PM
heh, Grimm wouldn't that count as an alternate universe version though...???
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-21 7:38 PM
I believe he was replying to Jeremy thinking it was a JSA cover.

I like how the thunderbolt is see-thru.
What the fuck?!?

That thing is NOT Mary Marvel.

This is typical though, DC can't be bothered to treat The Marvel Family with the respect that they deserve, so instead they get some "kewl" writer who couldn't write themselves out of a wet paper bag to turn Mary into a slut.

I'm sure all fanboy who wouldn't be able to recognize good writing if it bit them on the ass will love it though.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-22 4:06 AM
Worry not, it's an alternate universe.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-22 4:26 AM
an alternate universe that should replace the regular one! See-thru booby vision and all!
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-22 4:27 AM
My avatar is better!
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-22 4:28 AM
oh...too late again.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-22 4:33 AM
Quote:

Caitlin O'Malley - Witch Grrl said:
What the fuck?!?

This is typical though, DC can't be bothered to treat The Marvel Family with the respect that they deserve, so instead they get some "kewl" writer who couldn't write themselves out of a wet paper bag to turn Mary into a slut.

I'm sure all fanboy who wouldn't be able to recognize good writing if it bit them on the ass will love it though.

Once again, Shazamgrrl, you babble about something you know absolutely NOTHING about. That image isn't the Mary Marvel that you flick your bean to. It's a spoof of the Ultimate line of titles at Marvel. It's part of the hilarious sequel to "Formerly Known As The Justice League". The team goes to Hell and comes face-to-face with "Ultimate" versions of themselves. It's a parody...a spoof...something that you, having no sense of humor, wouldn't know about. And it's written by Keith Giffen and JM DeMatteis with art by Kevin Maguire. This is the team that did the "Justice League" series after Legends. They aren't the "kewl" writers that you slag in every other inflammatory post - they're a great team who create fun, funny comics. So why don't you:

A) Do a little research before you run at the mouth.

B ) Shut up.

C) Stop posting in this Forum if you can't do better than "This sucks" posts.

D) Find a better alt-ID. "Caitlin O'Malley - Witch Grrl" is the lamest since...well, Joe Mama is admittedly pretty bad.

E) Fuck off.
Quote:

What the fuck?!?

I love how you managed to destroy your new ID's credibility in one post by literally judging a book by its cover.
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-22 5:24 AM
Huzzah!
Posted By: ShazamGrrl1 Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-22 1:16 PM
Quote:

Joe Mama said:
Quote:

What the fuck?!?

Once again, Shazamgrrl, you babble about something you know absolutely NOTHING about. That image isn't the Mary Marvel that you flick your bean to. It's a spoof of the Ultimate line of titles at Marvel. It's part of the hilarious sequel to "Formerly Known As The Justice League". The team goes to Hell and comes face-to-face with "Ultimate" versions of themselves. It's a parody...a spoof...something that you, having no sense of humor, wouldn't know about. And it's written by Keith Giffen and JM DeMatteis with art by Kevin Maguire. This is the team that did the "Justice League" series after Legends. They aren't the "kewl" writers that you slag in every other inflammatory post - they're a great team who create fun, funny comics. So why don't you:

A) Do a little research before you run at the mouth.

B ) Shut up.

C) Stop posting in this Forum if you can't do better than "This sucks" posts.

D) Find a better alt-ID. "Caitlin O'Malley - Witch Grrl" is the lamest since...well, Joe Mama is admittedly pretty bad.

E) Fuck off.

You first, stupid dickhead.

Yo, "Caitlin" - DROP THE FUCKING NAME OR BE SUED. THERE ARE NO OTHER OPTIONS, BITCH.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-22 4:16 PM
Your honor the state would now like to drop the charges, as we have seen that it is a fucking message board usrename. I mean do you honestly think someone using "ShazamGrrl1" wich clearly uses the DC copyrighted and trademarked name has a serious case with someone using a name she claims she created, a common name at that. even she isnt that stupid.
Posted By: Poverty Lad Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-22 4:22 PM
[People's Court theme plays]

duuuuhNUH NUH....duuuuuuhNUH NUH
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-22 7:14 PM
Quote:

ShazamGrrl1 said:

Wow. Great retort. You must have done that research I suggested, eh? Next time, just admit your error, give a quick apology, and move on. And stop commenting on comics that you've never read or don't read. It makes you sound stupider than you already do. Douche.
Quote:

ShazamGrrl1 said:

Yo, "Caitlin" - DROP THE FUCKING NAME OR BE SUED. THERE ARE NO OTHER OPTIONS, BITCH.

Quote:

TheTranslator said:
I have just threatened to sue myself, and now no one will ever suspect it was me all along. Oh, I'm so brilliant.

Posted By: MisterJLA Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-22 10:19 PM
Quote:

ShazamGrrl1 said:

Wow.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-22 11:50 PM
See how my +5 Cloak deflects all attacks? Rex's posts will soon be mine as I exact vengeance!!!
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-23 5:06 AM
This thread is 100% approved. Especially the Maguire art.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-23 8:15 AM
thankyewwwww
Posted By: ROY BATTY Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-25 11:02 AM
Joe Mama broke Shazamgrrl1s brain!
Posted By: the G-man Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-25 4:40 PM
To some extent, I'm sympathetic to SG's complaints that DC has "ruined" Capt. Marvel by trying to modernize him into a more serious, mainstream DCU, hero.

But, yeah, she completely kills her credibility when she goes on a rant about a satire that seems to be agreeing with her about the unfortunate aspects of this "ultimatization"
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-25 8:00 PM
I won't argue with her complaint about Captain Marvel. I don't religiously follow the character, nor have I ever really cared to - I'm quite happy with the way he was depicted in Justice League and in current titles. My bone ( ) of contention is that she comes here and throws out a bunch of inflammatory "[comic/writer] sucks" posts but can't really back up the opinion because she doesn't read any current comic series - I'm sorry, but flipping through an occasional title just to confirm that you hate it doesn't count. I tried a while ago to engage her into some kind of dialogue/debate about it and got a pretentious rant about the "kewl" writers and such.

So I have no problem putting her in her place when she comes here to bring down the general mood of this Forum.
Posted By: wannabuyamonkey Re: Mary Marvel Is All grown Up... - 2005-03-25 8:13 PM
Quote:

Joe Mama said:
Quote:

ShazamGrrl1 said:

Wow. Great retort.

Well, she IS a writer!

Quote:

In what manner is the culprit propheting from teh use of said copyrighted name?
© RKMBs