RKMBs
Posted By: wannabuyamonkey Gallery told to drop 'gay' Batman. - 2005-08-20 12:51 AM
Rob better hurry before this thing get's pulled.

Quote:

DC Comics has ordered a New York gallery to remove pictures which show Batman and Robin kissing and embracing.

The Kathleen Cullen Fine Arts gallery was told it would face legal action unless it removed watercolours of the superhero by artist Mark Chamberlain.

"DC Comics wants me to hand over all unsold work," said Ms Cullen.

Arts website Artnet was also told to remove the series of semi-naked images of Batman and Robin from its website. DC Comics was unavailable to comment.

Homoerotic poses

The colour pictures, which depict the superheroes in a number of homoerotic poses, were put on display in the gallery in February.

Seven images from the collection were subsequently displayed on the Artnet site.

Artist Chamberlain's works have been exhibited in numerous Manhattan galleries since 1991, with collections entitled Neo-Erotic and Gender Tennis among others.

Two years ago an artwork featuring Kylie Minogue's bottom was pulled from the Royal Academy's summer show after the singer's lawyers complained.

Posted By: wannabuyamonkey Re: Gallery told to drop 'gay' Batman. - 2005-08-20 12:51 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4167032.stm
Posted By: PCG342 Re: Gallery told to drop 'gay' Batman. - 2005-08-20 12:56 AM
This is... strange, at best.

As long as they don't get rid of gay Joker.

Poor Pariah would be out of a job.
How come they didn't sue James Cameron?
Posted By: Fused Re: Gallery told to drop 'gay' Batman. - 2005-08-21 9:18 AM
Or Tim Burton for that matter?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Gallery told to drop 'gay' Batman. - 2005-08-21 12:37 PM
or Rob?
Posted By: Jack Mehoff Re: Gallery told to drop 'gay' Batman. - 2005-08-22 7:29 AM
or Rob?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Gallery told to drop 'gay' Batman. - 2005-08-22 8:01 AM
or rob.
Posted By: Danny Re: Gallery told to drop 'gay' Batman. - 2005-08-22 8:09 AM
Or Schumacher?
Danny is a fucktard.
Posted By: Danny Re: Gallery told to drop 'gay' Batman. - 2005-08-22 8:18 AM
I am not crazed.
Posted By: Snapman Re: Gallery told to drop 'gay' Batman. - 2005-08-22 3:22 PM
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
Rob better hurry before this thing get's pulled.

I think Rob's more interested in another thing getting pulled.
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: Gallery told to drop 'gay' Batman. - 2005-08-22 3:48 PM
Found a link to the images at http://www.artnet.com/ag/fulltextsearch.asp?searchstring=Chamberlain

Personally, the work isn't that good, and if it wasn't for the subject depicted, it wouldn't garner that much attention at all ...
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Gallery told to drop 'gay' Batman. - 2005-08-23 4:05 AM
and rob?
Posted By: Danny Re: Gallery told to drop 'gay' Batman. - 2005-08-23 5:44 PM
He's not that good either.
Posted By: Captain Sweden Re: Gallery told to drop 'gay' Batman. - 2005-08-26 9:12 PM
Quote:

Adrian Tullberg said:
Found a link to the images at http://www.artnet.com/ag/fulltextsearch.asp?searchstring=Chamberlain

Personally, the work isn't that good, and if it wasn't for the subject depicted, it wouldn't garner that much attention at all ...

Those pic's could've easily been made by a kid, if it wasn't for the innuendo (sp?). I thought the pic's would've been from comics, with Batman/Bruce hugging or kissing Robin/Dick as a father would do. I guess the "artist" wanted to create sensation.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Gallery told to drop 'gay' Batman. - 2005-08-27 3:49 PM
AND ROB?
Posted By: Danny Re: Gallery told to drop 'gay' Batman. - 2005-08-28 4:56 AM
He's right! We should rob the gallery! Steal the paintings and nobody will look at them again!
LETS GO THERE AND BURN EM!
Posted By: Danny Re: Gallery told to drop 'gay' Batman. - 2005-08-28 6:23 AM
ANGRY MOB TIME!
FUCKTARD'S OF THE WORLD UNITE!

I guess it will just be you Danny, sorry.
Posted By: Danny Re: Gallery told to drop 'gay' Batman. - 2005-08-29 6:05 AM
If you pluralise 'fucktard' you don't need the apostrophe, it's just 'fucktards'.
© RKMBs