RKMBs
New hall of justice is pretty cool. I didn't think they'd be able to to make a cooler HQ than the watchtower,but this new hall is impressive.

Now I wish they would stop spending page after page talking about the good old days and just get on with telling some stories.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-05 7:12 AM
i think there finally gonna do that. i agree though, the new hall looks nice. i couldnt help but to hear the super friends music when i saw it the first time.
Posted By: Jason E. Perkins Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-05 4:36 PM
According to Brad Meltzer there is a mistake in Justice League of America #7

Quote:

From Brian's Myspace Blog:

Mistake in JLA 7

Wish this weren't so, but just found out there's a misplaced page in JLA 7. Thanks to an extra ad, Page 30, for some reason, runs before page 26. It oddly still somehow reads okay (kinda), but for the optimum reading experience, there's how it should go. (The whole Star City scene should read together). Sorry for that one.

B

Posted By: Prometheus Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-05 7:40 PM
Quote:

Lothar of The Hill People said:
New hall of justice is pretty cool. I didn't think they'd be able to to make a cooler HQ than the watchtower,but this new hall is impressive.

Pics?
Posted By: MisterJLA Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-05 7:41 PM
Spoilers.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-06 1:08 AM
Quote:

Agreed, after being stationed in space how can the league possibly go back?
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-06 9:35 PM
The pages were out of order Dammnit. It took me 5 minutes just to try to read the pages in the proper order...

This series is truly fanwank . Much like JSA.

I can't read shit like this anymore...
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-06 10:19 PM
...then dont...
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-06 11:10 PM
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-07 12:57 AM
theres no way in hell he gets voted into the league...
they let Hal Jordan back in.
and Gnort.
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-07 10:32 AM
Quote:

Pig Iran said:

At least the new JSA book is a fun read, and I've never even liked that team. This issue of JLA was wank after wank. If he doesn't stop this, Meltzer is gonna go blind.
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-07 11:41 AM
The needing to the first arc was lame. I mean, oh Christ, Red Tornado is a robot again. Boy did that come out of left field.
Posted By: and1 Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-07 6:20 PM
This is above and beyond fanwank. This is more like "I grew up watching cartoons with Alex Ross" creator spooge.

I'm surprised the pages weren't stuck together.
Posted By: PJP Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-07 6:28 PM
It's always good to hear from and1.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-07 6:32 PM
Yeah.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-07 6:34 PM
You know, the funny thing is that I'm not that much older than Meltzer. I grew up watching "SuperFriends". I grew up reading "the Justice League of America," not "Justice League," not "Justice League International," not "JLA".

So you would think I'd be the target for this book.

But I think its crap.

First, there's the fact that, even as a kid, I thought a satellite was a thousand times cooler than a "Hall of Justice."

Then there's the fact that half the fucking book is talking, when a JLA book should be all-out fast action, with giant menaces that one hero alone can't handle.

Come on, guys, it isn't that hard. Morrison did it. Dini and Timm did with JLU. Even Ross SEEMS to be attempting it with "Justice". Why can't DC realize that a superhero teamup book is supposed to be the equivalent of a big budget action movie, not a talky independent film?
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-07 7:01 PM
I also can't believe they are using Red Tornado-he completely sucks.

I have no problem with the rest of the lineup. Maybe John Stewart instead of Hal woulda been more appropriate.
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-07 7:10 PM
The actual characters are fine. Even the villain line-up was good. But chopping up Amazo's legs with a bat-laser was not exactly mind-blowing. (To stop him from running as fast as the Flash! Never mind Amazo could have run out of the way quicker that Batman could have pressed the on-button.)

Superman should have used heat vision to sever Grundy's head. Or have Arsenal take his eyes out with grenade arrows. Or have GL drop Amazo into the orbit of Antares (reputedly the star Krypton once circled) using the power ring to open a portal through space. Where was the "you fuck with one of us and we'll fuck with you" clincher?

Red Tornado should have actually died. Amazo should have replaced him in the line-up. I would have bought the tpb if that had happened.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-07 7:22 PM
Quote:

the G-man said:
You know, the funny thing is that I'm not that much older than Meltzer. I grew up watching "SuperFriends". I grew up reading "the Justice League of America," not "Justice League," not "Justice League International," not "JLA".

So you would think I'd be the target for this book.

But I think its crap.

First, there's the fact that, even as a kid, I thought a satellite was a thousand times cooler than a "Hall of Justice."

Then there's the fact that half the fucking book is talking, when a JLA book should be all-out fast action, with giant menaces that one hero alone can't handle.

Come on, guys, it isn't that hard. Morrison did it. Dini and Timm did with JLU. Even Ross SEEMS to be attempting it with "Justice". Why can't DC realize that a superhero teamup book is supposed to be the equivalent of a big budget action movie, not a talky independent film?

How old are you "old man" I was reading JLoA around issues 185-200 myself?
Posted By: the G-man Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-07 7:47 PM
Forty-two.

The first issue I remember owning was issue number 87, which was already part of the satellite era:

But I didn't actively collect the book (that is, seek out each issue) until about issue 106:

Which just happened to be the issue that Red Tornado officially joined the League.

Thereafter, I purchased nearly every issue up to and including 185

Meaning I was there the first time Hawkgirl joined, when Zatanna joined and even the time that the Secret Society traded bodies with the League (a major point in Identity Crisis).

I came back for issue 200

But after that, didn't really buy the book again.

So, with all that, you'd think a book full of fanboy wank for the seventies era JLA would be right up my alley.

Unfortunately, Metzler's overly talky, deriviatve, work is less a fun ride back to the League of my youth and more an sad exercise in watching someone clumsily exploit a shared childhood memory.
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-07 8:54 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhh, makes sense. I was more of a marvel fan, but I did buy the JLoA, and those digests and treasury sized books. I didn't start getting into DC until New Teen Titans, Captain Carrot, and moreso around Crisis.

I think I will buy the JLA/JSA crossover coming up just to see how much Johns and Meltzer can collectively such each others cocks and wank off to the same shared childhood memories.
Posted By: Fused Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 12:04 AM
I like both wanking and exploitation. . .
Posted By: Grimm Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 12:08 AM
Meltzer doesn't seem to be able to block out action sequences terribly well. that's probably why there's been so little of it in the book.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 12:33 AM
That's true with a lot of these "serious writers" who are dabbling in comics these days. They write decent dialogue but are completely incapable of writing action. Unfortunately, comics are a visual medium and the superhero genre is action-oriented, meaning that we get more and more books are just guys in spandex who talk a lot.
Posted By: notwedge Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 12:35 AM
Guys in spandex who talk a lot and not enough action, what else does that sound like...
Posted By: the G-man Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 12:42 AM
Everything Bendis ever wrote?

Fantasy role play night at the Kamphausen residence?
Posted By: Grimm Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 1:47 AM
ah, but you see Bendis is perfectly capable of handling action when not weighed down with a poor artist (I'm looking at you, David Finch). Mighty Avengers #1 is an excellent blend of action and story.

another example is the issue of New Avengers where they fought The Wrecker. damn good action there. unlike the Finch drawn issues which are unclear as to what's happening.

there are other examples of poor action scenes. Civil War and Infinite Crisis both being big examples of writers pretty much just saying "big fight scenes with everybody in them. . ."

but Meltzer, especially, seems to have difficulty pacing out action scenes. I'm thinking not only of the JLA's fight with Amazo, but also of Identity Crisis and the infamous JLA vs. Deathstroke battle which confused many people.

action is not his forte.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 2:39 AM
Quote:

the G-man said:
Everything Bendis ever wrote?

Fantasy role play night at the Kamphausen residence?

You do read his blog!
Posted By: the G-man Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 2:56 AM
Its the price I must pay to keep my frontpage privileges.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 8:23 AM
thats too steep a price for many...
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 10:12 AM
So thoughts on Roy as "Red Arrow", yay? Nay?
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 10:42 AM
ill say yay for now...but im sure they'll gay it up somehow.
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 3:48 PM
Its the reach-around for Kingdom Come.

I started reading JLoA from about Zatanna's search for her mother (Wizard of Ys) - don't remember the issue through to issue 200. Read the first few issues of JL Detroit but gave it up quickly.
Posted By: notwedge Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 8:57 PM
Quote:

Jeremy said:

Posted By: Grimm Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 9:14 PM
Quote:

Jeremy said:

he opened a car wash?
Posted By: notwedge Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 9:37 PM
Quote:

Pig Iran said:

Maybe you'd like it better if it was dreawn by your hero JOHN BYRNE!

Posted By: Grimm Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 9:44 PM
Quote:

notwedge said:
Quote:

Pig Iran said:

GASP!!!
Posted By: notwedge Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 9:48 PM
or, y'know drawn by him.
Posted By: Jason E. Perkins Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 9:50 PM
Quote:

First Amongst Daves said:
Red Tornado should have actually died. Amazo should have replaced him in the line-up. I would have bought the tpb if that had happened.

Very good. I approve.
Posted By: Jason E. Perkins Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 9:56 PM
Quote:

Jeremy said:
Quote:

I haven't read the issue yet, but I've heard they now have TWO headquarters. The Hall in D.C. with a teleporter to the new satellite in space.

True or false?
Posted By: Grimm Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 10:13 PM

Quote:

Red Tornado should have actually eaten poo. Amazo should have replaced him in the poo eating lineup. I would have bought the tpb if that had happened.

Posted By: Grimm Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 10:14 PM
Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:
Quote:

Jeremy said:
Quote:

I haven't read the issue yet, but I've heard they now have TWO headquarters. The Hall in D.C. with a teleporter to the new satellite in space.

True or false?

yes, they now have the headquarters from the Super Friends and from the JL animated series.
Posted By: notwedge Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 10:15 PM
Quote:

Jason E. Perkins said:
Quote:

Jeremy said:
Quote:

True or false?

They walk through a door and they're on the satellite.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-08 10:28 PM
its a magic door...
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-09 12:02 AM
Nah it's just a portal.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-09 12:11 AM
a...magic portal...?
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-09 12:14 AM
Yeah, I'll roll with you on that and add: "IN SPACE!!".
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-09 12:16 AM
sweet...
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-09 12:47 AM
Oh, I thought the satellite was just a hologram in them, um, "dangerous room".

Black Lightning: "DAMN, this is one DANGERous ROOM! WINK WINK OMG LOL"
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-09 3:15 AM
Quote:

Grimm said:
Quote:

notwedge said:
Quote:

Pig Iran said:

GASP!!!

Huh, I thought everyone knew I went there?

I also go to Geoffjohns.com, but I usually call a spade a spade.If it's wank it's wank. I pretty up the language some so i don't get banned-I almost got banned for calling van sciver a slow ass.

I can't afford another banning.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-09 3:21 AM
Quote:

Im Not Mister Mxypltk said:

Here's the ultimate test of "fanboy wank": if Johns renames him "Black Vulcan."
Posted By: Grimm Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-09 6:52 AM
Quote:

the G-man said:
Quote:

Here's the ultimate test of "fanboy wank": if Johns renames him "Black Vulcan."

Meltzer.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-09 10:27 AM
oops
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-09 3:58 PM
Easy mistake, at this point.

The next storyline involves a deranged powered-up Geo-Force. No doubt exploring the Outsiders legacy of Batman and Black Lightning (and to a lesser extent Arsenal). Its rare a hero turns bad, so we'll see what happens.
It'll probably end with him rebooting the DC universe.
Posted By: Beardguy57 Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-09 9:36 PM
Quote:

Pig Iran said:
Quote:

Grimm said:
Quote:

notwedge said:
Quote:

Pig Iran said:

GASP!!!

Huh, I thought everyone knew I went there?

I also go to Geoffjohns.com, but I usually call a spade a spade.If it's wank it's wank. I pretty up the language some so i don't get banned-I almost got banned for calling van sciver a slow ass.

I can't afford another banning.

I considered registering at Bryne's site... I read quite a few threads there... even the gay one ... but there are too many rules, and I am spoiled from posting here where there is no atmosphere of repression...

Basically, John Byrne's site smelled of burned meat and oppression.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-09 9:49 PM
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

Funny enough, that's what PJP's bedroom smells like, too...
Posted By: the G-man Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-09 9:51 PM
We're....gonna...have....to take....your....word....for that, Promod, ol' pal....
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-09 9:58 PM
Quote:

Prometheus said:
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:

Funny enough, that's what PJP's bedroom smells like, too...

not really something you should be admitting pro...
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-09 10:29 PM
Just because I'm more honest than the rest of you, means you should all FUCK OFF!!

Posted By: thedoctor Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-09 10:43 PM
Quote:

Pig Iran said:

Johns's board is full of brown nosers and the mentally deficient. I tried to play nice there, but I gave up when one of the mods gave me shit for pointing out that they had filtered out the word 'friggin' while there was a thread with the word 'bastard' in the title. I think it's the fans that pushed Johns over to complete fanwank, since he started writing the stuff that they asked for on his boards. And they ask for some pretty retarded shit.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-09 10:54 PM
Quote:

thedoctor said:
Johns's board is full of brown nosers and the mentally deficient. I tried to play nice there, but I gave up when one of the mods gave me shit for pointing out that they had filtered out the word 'friggin' while there was a thread with the word 'bastard' in the title. I think it's the fans that pushed Johns over to complete fanwank, since he started writing the stuff that they asked for on his boards. And they ask for some pretty retarded shit.

Posted By: Beardguy57 Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-09 11:04 PM
John Byrne was never a fave artist to me; in fact, his art is not very good at all. When he drew the FF, he almost always made Franklin Richards look like a little person, or a midget. He can't draw children.

His male figures all look alike. So do his female figures.

And his boards suck. Most people there have their noses so far up Byrne's ass, it's a miracle that they can still breathe.

Cue the John Byrne alt... heh.
Posted By: MisterJLA Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-09 11:06 PM
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-10 3:33 AM
Quote:

Beardguy57 said:
John Byrne was never a fave artist to me; in fact, his art is not very good at all. When he drew the FF, he almost always made Franklin Richards look like a little person, or a midget. He can't draw children.

His male figures all look alike. So do his female figures.

And his boards suck. Most people there have their noses so far up Byrne's ass, it's a miracle that they can still breathe.

Cue the John Byrne alt... heh.

These days, if he's doing the art alone, his characters look anorexic also.
Quote:

thedoctor said:
I think it's the fans that pushed Johns over to complete fanwank, since he started writing the stuff that they asked for on his boards. And they ask for some pretty retarded shit.

that's 100% correct. I used to be a fan of his when he first started on Flash, and I noticed that as time went on he started pandering, his books started including nods to fans, fan-requested character returns, and in general it turned from a guy who wrote his stories to match what he wanted to a guy who wrote to get praise.
And he also writes to please Wizard in a way I have never seen before. going so far as to name Miss Martian after a Wizard writer's girlfriend. Now it's all about getting praise and it's disgusting.
the problem is spreading too. now they write to cater to fans. A good writer will look at what the fans are saying to help them make course corrections, but comic writers (the bad ones) write to be loved and they don't care if they actually produce good stories so long as the message boards are filled with praise. What they don't take into account is that people who post on the DCMB are mostly idiots who just want to see their favorite characters looking cool.
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-10 4:24 PM
I have to say, in favour of the new title, that I'm loving Vixen's breasts.

Is Trident actually Booster Gold? I forget which century he's from.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-10 8:22 PM
Quote:

Karl Hungus said:
Quote:

thedoctor said:
I think it's the fans that pushed Johns over to complete fanwank, since he started writing the stuff that they asked for on his boards. And they ask for some pretty retarded shit.

that's 100% correct. I used to be a fan of his when he first started on Flash, and I noticed that as time went on he started pandering, his books started including nods to fans, fan-requested character returns, and in general it turned from a guy who wrote his stories to match what he wanted to a guy who wrote to get praise.
And he also writes to please Wizard in a way I have never seen before. going so far as to name Miss Martian after a Wizard writer's girlfriend. Now it's all about getting praise and it's disgusting.

I thought she was named after Didio's assistant. . .
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-10 8:38 PM
Quote:

Karl Hungus said:
What they don't take into account is that people who post on the DCMB are mostly idiots who just want to see their favorite characters looking cool.

to true...to true...
Posted By: the G-man Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-10 8:38 PM
I know nothing of either theory, but its seem perfectly plausible that she could have been both DiDio's secretary AND the staffer's girlfriend.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-10 8:39 PM
Quote:

I have to say, in favour of the new title, that I'm loving Vixen's breasts.

im rolling with dave on this one...
Quote:

the G-man said:
I know nothing of either theory, but its seem perfectly plausible that she could have been both DiDio's secretary AND the staffer's girlfriend.

http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=772995&postcount=1902
It's the writer's girlfriend. Even if it wasn't, is it less of a kiss ass move to name her after your bosses secretary than a magazine writer's girlfriend?
Posted By: the G-man Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-11 7:41 AM
My only point was that I could see it being one and the same person. It wasn't my point to assign any particular degree of kissassosity
Posted By: Grimm Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-11 7:47 AM
Quote:

Karl Hungus said:
Quote:

the G-man said:

http://www.comicbloc.com/forums/showpost.php?p=772995&postcount=1902
It's the writer's girlfriend. Even if it wasn't, is it less of a kiss ass move to name her after your bosses secretary than a magazine writer's girlfriend?

Interesting, the only thing about the character I'd seen was that she was J'ann J'onzz, which Didio's assistant is named Jan Jones, so she's named after TWO people. . .
I just realized that the problem with Roy Harper being in the team is that every time he goes into battle dressed as Red Arrow, half the League will break down and cry. "They grow up so fast!"
Also, ten bucks says next issue begins with the team fighting some long unseen villain (possibly in some faraway corner of the DCU), only for the whole sequence to be part of a training session in the exciting DANGERous ROOM.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-13 10:40 AM
Quote:

I just realized that the problem with Roy Harper being in the team is that every time he goes into battle dressed as Red Arrow, half the League will break down and cry. "They grow up so fast!"

it's funny because it's true!
Posted By: Chewy Walrus Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-13 5:27 PM
At least it gives Supes a chance to sneak a peek at the Wonder Cleavage...
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-13 5:48 PM
like he doesnt already...
Posted By: allan1 Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-13 5:51 PM
I didn't care for this too much....the whole Hall of Justice and "OMG!! Roy's so grown up now" crap kinda left me non-plussed on this book.I did like the satellite and Benes' art is always good to look at but 7 issues in and they really haven't done anything.I dunno.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-14 12:56 AM
im holding out the hope that now that the setup for "who's in?" is finally done this will be mostly an action book...
Posted By: Rue de Nocturne Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-14 1:39 AM
With the Legion involved???
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-14 9:32 AM
The Hall of Justice really sucked. The fucking Wonder Twins will join next.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-14 9:34 AM
what's really scary is that they're already floating around out there in the DCU. . .
Posted By: Grimm Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-14 9:37 AM
this book. . .this book was so sappy, and sentimental, and overdone. . .I felt like I was on the DCMBS. . .Meltzer's turning into a big, weepy, girl.
Posted By: K-nutreturns Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-14 9:39 AM
Quote:

Grimm said:
what's really scary is that they're already floating around out there in the DCU. . .

are you serious...?
Posted By: Grimm Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-14 9:47 AM
they were in that mercifully short lived Extreme Justice book.
Is that Maxima and Amazing man? I think he died in an issue of Starman and I lost track of where Maxima is. I'm thinking she died during OWAW,but I could be wrong.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-14 9:45 PM
You are correct sir!

Oh, and the "Wonder Twins" are floating around Teen Titans somewhere.
Posted By: URG Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-15 3:14 AM
Extreme Justice version

The new, revamped Wonder Twins. Art by Todd Nauck.In the 1990s they were introduced into the main DC Universe in the series, Extreme Justice. The Extreme Justice series retconned their origin so that they are slaves of an alien villain, later rescued by the Justice League. Unable to speak English, they accidentally attacked some civilians and the Justice League. They had far greater powers than their cartoon counterparts. During their fight with the JLA, Zan became an ice golem, a water monster, and a demonic-looking whirlpool; while Jayna became a griffin, a werewolf, and a sea serpent. Although rarely seen today, this version of the Wonder Twins is still part of the current DC Universe. Later they appeared in Young Justice, wearing uniforms which resembled t-shirts and jeans, to help avenge the murder of Empress's parents. Apparently, the Wonder Twins enjoy the taste of CDs, as they ate several of Wonder Girl's favorite discs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Twins
The ones in Teen Titans are the powerless kids with the dog.
I Haven't read Titans in years. Sounds like I'm not missing much.
Posted By: First Amongst Daves Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-15 9:49 AM
Maxima was indeed killed in OWAW. The onyl lasting fatality apart from Lois Lane's father, and a shame as she was a love interest of Superman's used really well in one Elseworlds story.

She would have been an obvious asset for any space drama, of which DC currently have 4 - GL, GLC, Mystery in Space and Omega Men.
Posted By: Grimm Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-15 9:52 AM
it's not like they couldn't just bring her back like so many others. she'd be a good fit for a book like Omega Men. I flipped through the last issue the other day and it seemed like they were hinting at Vril Dox reviving LEGION.
Posted By: harleykwin Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-15 4:54 PM
Quote:

URG said:
Extreme Justice version

The new, revamped Wonder Twins. Art by Todd Nauck.In the 1990s they were introduced into the main DC Universe in the series, Extreme Justice. The Extreme Justice series retconned their origin so that they are slaves of an alien villain, later rescued by the Justice League. Unable to speak English, they accidentally attacked some civilians and the Justice League. They had far greater powers than their cartoon counterparts. During their fight with the JLA, Zan became an ice golem, a water monster, and a demonic-looking whirlpool; while Jayna became a griffin, a werewolf, and a sea serpent. Although rarely seen today, this version of the Wonder Twins is still part of the current DC Universe. Later they appeared in Young Justice, wearing uniforms which resembled t-shirts and jeans, to help avenge the murder of Empress's parents. Apparently, the Wonder Twins enjoy the taste of CDs, as they ate several of Wonder Girl's favorite discs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wonder_Twins

Gah! Thank goodness he was just quoting! For a moment there I though Urg lost his caveman charm and was speaking proper English! It almost broke my heart...

As for the Wonder Twins, they brought them back, but not Gleek? Idiots - everyone knows that the monkey was the best part of that lame trio.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-15 5:04 PM
They did bring back Gleek, they just didnt put him in the comics.
They made him mod of their forum, but fired him last year.

He currently runs his own message board apparently.
Posted By: harleykwin Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-15 5:12 PM
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-15 9:02 PM
Quote:

Maxima was indeed killed in OWAW. The onyl lasting fatality apart from Lois Lane's father

Hippolytia is back?
Posted By: Grimm Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-15 9:09 PM
no.
It was hinted a while ago that Lois' dad is back and, for some reason, hiding. I'm not sure if anyone cared to follow up on that.
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-15 9:26 PM
Quote:

britneyspearsatemyshorts said:

Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-15 9:34 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-15 9:39 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-15 9:42 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Justice League of America #7 - 2007-04-16 12:28 AM
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote: