RKMBs
Posted By: Jeremy On the rack reviews: Superman/Batman #50 - 2008-08-01 2:26 AM
Big 50th issue!!

A Kryptonian probe falls from the sky where Thomas and Martha Wayne are driving. Thomas touches it and has his mind transported to Krypton. He "meets" Jor-El who tells him the planet is going to die. Thomas talks up Earth, convincing Jor-El to send Kal there. On present day Earth a device is found during cleanup in Smallville. Superman touches it, unknowingly activating the probe Thomas had hidden...ugh...in the batcave. The probe comes alive and absorbs the tech from the cave. Superman and Batman defeat it with help from the Titans. When Superman touches a piece of it, he and Bats see further into Thomas' "visit" to Krypton. The two end up going to the fortress of solitude and holy shit I'm done reviewing this. I can't think of any reason to continue buying this title. There's better things to spend this $4 on...like beer at a comedy club.
Posted By: allan1 Re: On the rack reviews: Superman/Batman #50 - 2008-08-01 3:04 AM
It was shit.
agreed.
Posted By: Uschi Re: On the rack reviews: Superman/Batman #50 - 2008-08-01 3:42 AM
ha ha ha! it's a bat flying, but I thought it was Batman's [giant] wiener!
 Originally Posted By: Jeremy
Big 50th issue!!

A Kryptonian probe falls from the sky where Thomas and Martha Wayne are driving. Thomas touches it and has his mind transported to Krypton. He "meets" Jor-El who tells him the planet is going to die. Thomas talks up Earth, convincing Jor-El to send Kal there. On present day Earth a device is found during cleanup in Smallville. Superman touches it, unknowingly activating the probe Thomas had hidden...ugh...in the batcave. The probe comes alive and absorbs the tech from the cave. Superman and Batman defeat it with help from the Titans. When Superman touches a piece of it, he and Bats see further into Thomas' "visit" to Krypton. The two end up going to the fortress of solitude and holy shit I'm done reviewing this. I can't think of any reason to continue buying this title. There's better things to spend this $4 on...like beer at a comedy club.

Is this still Jeph Loeb?

Geezus. That kind of story was lame back in the silver age.
Posted By: PJP Re: On the rack reviews: Superman/Batman #50 - 2008-08-01 5:37 AM
I just read it. Normally I would agree that it wasn't a good story, but since everything else I am reading is complete shit it was better than most comics out right now.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: On the rack reviews: Superman/Batman #50 - 2008-08-01 5:53 AM
Loeb left the party years ago (he has a history of doing that). While the team on this issue takes time to thank him and Ed McGuiness, he's been a Marvel exclusive for months now. It may as well be Loeb though. This issue has the stench of his suckitude all over it. Have you seen the solits for next issue?

Quote:
The Man of Steel and the Dark Knight are shocked to discover little versions of themselves fighting a threat in Metropolis. But where did these tiny heroes come from? As Superman and Batman search for answers, things get worse with the arrival of the Li'l League!

Oy.
You know, Mephisto and a Satanic reboot of the whole DCU aint looking so bad right about now.
Even though I had problems with "THE Dark Knight", the movie really tempted me to get back into comics again.

Then I read Jeremy's EPIC review.

Good FUCKING grief. Is this nonsense supposed to be Elseworlds rubbish, or is this considered continuity?

Not that it matters...it looks like it's horribly written whether it's official or not.
Every thing at DC is official now. Until it isn't. Which may be never, if the whole "living multiverse" bit ends up holding.
I forgot about that bollocks as well.

Marvel Ultimate Universe is the only stuff I'd even consider buying since it's supposed to be streamlined, although I wouldn't bet against Joey Q FUCKING that up by now...
Isn't Ultimate Marvel getting cancelled soon? And isn't Loeb writing it? Seriously.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: On the rack reviews: Superman/Batman #50 - 2008-08-01 6:45 AM
Two words: Walking Dead.
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
Isn't Ultimate Marvel getting cancelled soon? And isn't Loeb writing it? Seriously.

The whole line is going under? FUCK, that used to be all the rage.
So much potential still. To early to end it. I remember feeling the same way about Heroes Reborn.
Two words: Walking Dead.

Posted By: Uschi Re: On the rack reviews: Superman/Batman #50 - 2008-08-01 8:11 AM
Walking Dead
Wormwood
Fell
uh... Jonah Hez is sorta sucking right now
hmm. shit, it's been so goddamn long since I had money for comics, I forgot what's on my pull-list. and good.
Posted By: Drzsmith Re: On the rack reviews: Superman/Batman #50 - 2008-08-02 1:22 AM
 Originally Posted By: MisterJLA
Even though I had problems with "THE Dark Knight", the movie really tempted me to get back into comics again.

Then I read Jeremy's EPIC review.

Good FUCKING grief. Is this nonsense supposed to be Elseworlds rubbish, or is this considered continuity?

Not that it matters...it looks like it's horribly written whether it's official or not.

Great,Ive been back for weeks and all you can talk about is your new friend Jeremys anus.
Big 50th issue!!
A Kryptonian probe falls from the sky where Thomas and Martha Wayne are driving. Thomas touches it and has his mind transported to Krypton. He "meets" Jor-El who tells him the planet is going to die. Thomas talks up Earth, convincing Jor-El to send Kal there. On present day Earth a device is found during cleanup in Smallville. Superman touches it, unknowingly activating the probe Thomas had hidden...ugh...in the batcave. The probe comes alive and absorbs the tech from the cave. Superman and Batman defeat it with help from the Titans. When Superman touches a piece of it, he and Bats see further into Thomas' "visit" to Krypton. The two end up going to the fortress of solitude...

No. I don't believe you. There's no way something like that exists outside of bad fanfic.
Bats and Supes save the day with Hostess cup cakes.
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: On the rack reviews: Superman/Batman #50 - 2008-08-04 6:52 PM
I got about halfway through that synopsis and had to stop reading. I got disoriented, my head hurt, and my nose started bleeding. Superman-Batman is second only to Supergirl as the worst title DC puts out. In other news, I just saw Superbad for the first time last night and laughed my arse off.
Posted By: the G-man Re: Superman/Batman #50 - 2008-08-04 7:12 PM
Big 50th issue!!
....The two end up going to the fortress of solitude ....

Here's a scene from Issue fifty-one:

Posted By: MisterJLA Re: Superman/Batman #50 - 2008-08-04 7:17 PM
that looks like the bestest batman issue evar!1!

-rob
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Superman/Batman #50 - 2008-08-04 7:36 PM
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
Big 50th issue!!
....The two end up going to the fortress of solitude ....

Here's a scene from Issue fifty-one:

Posted By: Daffy Duck Re: Superman/Batman #50 - 2008-08-04 8:27 PM
Now I've seen everything.

*shoots himself in the head*
 Originally Posted By: Joe Mama
In other news, I just saw Superbad for the first time last night and laughed my arse off.

Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Superman/Batman #50 - 2008-08-04 10:15 PM
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Superman/Batman #50 - 2008-08-04 11:59 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man cool User Epicer Taker Makerer
10000+ posts 08/04/08 04:56 PM Reading a post
Forum: Comic Books
Thread: On the rack reviews: Superman/Batman #50
© RKMBs