RKMBs
Posted By: Jeremy Final Crisis Secret Files... - 2009-01-04 8:12 AM
was stupid. It gave backstory to a character (Libra) that's supposed to be the main villain but is nearly pointless to the story. Except he helped in killing Martian Manhunter who will end up as a Black Lantern. I say don't bother picking it up, or anything Final Crisis related. Blackest Night and Superman: Secret Origin are the comics to look forward to.

Warning, Spoiler:
spoilers
I liked the origin story. I thought it was told in a classic old fashioned DC style without being exactly retro. For a second I thought it was Morrison being subtly metatextual, but then I realized it was actually Len Wein (being Len Wein). Guy's still got it.
Posted By: Jeremy Re: Final Crisis Secret Files... - 2009-01-04 9:37 AM
Yeah I did like the old school trap scenario. A little Superfriends-ish.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Final Crisis Secret Files... - 2009-01-04 5:26 PM
Jermery is the new Snarf.
There's a new Snarf?
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Final Crisis Secret Files... - 2009-01-05 6:04 AM
now with twice the virginity!
Posted By: the G-man Re: Final Crisis Secret Files... - 2009-01-05 6:04 AM
Infinity and Beyond!
Posted By: Pig Iran Re: Final Crisis Secret Files... - 2009-01-10 1:13 AM
Virginity and beyond!
Posted By: Stupid Doog Re: Final Crisis Secret Files... - 2009-01-10 1:15 AM
can the universe contain it?
Posted By: Joey From Friends Re: Final Crisis Secret Files... - 2009-01-10 3:39 AM
 Originally Posted By: Jeremy
was stupid. It gave backstory to a character (Libia) that's supposed to be the main villain but is nearly pointless to the story. Except he helped in killing Martian Manhunter who will end up as a Black Lantern. I say don't bother picking it up, or anything Final Crisis related. Blackest Night and Superman: Secret Origin are the comics to look forward to.

Warning, Spoiler:
spoilers

What's the backstory on Labia? Is he pure anti life or something?
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Final Crisis Secret Files... - 2009-01-10 6:28 AM
Joey hates labias
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Final Crisis Secret Files... - 2009-01-10 6:30 AM
(he is gay, lol)
Posted By: Joey From Friends Re: Final Crisis Secret Files... - 2009-01-10 8:45 AM
That doesn't answer my question you gay fudge packing queer!!!
Posted By: iggy Re: Final Crisis Secret Files... - 2009-01-10 8:54 AM
Don't have the issue in front of me, but I think his backstory was basically the issues of JLoA he appeared in and rematerializing on Apokolips. Where, he was put into service by Darkseid as his prophet. Yes, it was pretty much that deep.
Yippie!

SPOILERS!
Posted By: iggy Re: Final Crisis Secret Files... - 2009-01-10 8:55 AM
Oh, yeah. And, Libra's secret origin is that he is really...

...Libra!
Posted By: Im Not Mister Mxyzptlk Re: Final Crisis Secret Files... - 2009-01-11 12:09 AM
The issue shows Libra's childhood and explains his motivations a bit more (he's obsessed with cosmic balance because his good ole mommy's accidental death was soon followed by his abusive father's). When he grows up he goes on to study in one of Ted Knight's college classes and one night breaks into his office to copy the schematics for the cosmic staff. When he's planning his attack on the League, a mysterious benefactor (Glorious Godfrey) helps him out by providing the satellite he'd later use as the HQ for the Injustice Gang. Then there's a retelling of the old JLofA story from a different perspective (it makes a lot more sense with all the backstory). After he disintegrates at the end of that story, an unspecified amount of time goes by until he's pulled back together by Darkseid and recruited as part of his plan to bring balance to the universe.

Not much to chew on if you're expecting a big revelation, but I thought it was pretty well told.
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Final Crisis Secret Files... - 2009-01-11 2:12 AM
YOU'RE PRETTY WELL TOLD!
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Final Crisis Secret Files... - 2009-01-11 2:46 AM
Posted By: Son of Mxy Re: Final Crisis Secret Files... - 2009-01-11 3:06 AM
Is that Yoko?
Looks like Sarah Palin vs Darth Vader.
Posted By: Franta Re: Final Crisis Secret Files... - 2009-01-11 10:57 AM
STICK YOUR FUCKING CUP OF TEA UP YOUR ASS
Posted By: Irwin Schwab Re: Final Crisis Secret Files... - 2009-01-11 2:58 PM
be careful, its still hot.
Posted By: allan1 Re: Final Crisis Secret Files... - 2009-01-12 6:46 PM
So's the tea.