RKMBs
Posted By: Prometheus Anyone own any comic book stock? - 2009-04-07 10:30 PM
I own some shares of Marvel. Mainly for novelty purposes. Anyone else dabble with this kind of stuff? I sure as hell can't afford any Time-Warner/AOL...
Posted By: the G-man Re: Anyone own any comic book stock? - 2009-04-07 10:40 PM
I had some Marvel stock in the early nineties before the bankruptcy.
Posted By: Nöwheremän Re: Anyone own any comic book stock? - 2009-04-07 11:00 PM
I have a good stock of comic books!
I was going to buy some Marvel stock in 2001 for the novelty of saying I owned the value equivalent of She-Hulk's left nipple. Shame I didn't since Marvel has been a good investment in the past 7 years.

Creative content is a good investment, IMHO, as technology gets cheaper.
Posted By: Prometheus Re: Anyone own any comic book stock? - 2009-04-08 7:00 PM
Yeah, I just got to vote adding new member to their Board of Directors. Did you know the ex-President of Sony's movie division just happens to sit on the Board of Directors? Funny how Sony is the one who puts out Spider-Man movies. Hmmmm.

Also, did you know the highest paid board member's salary is $750-thousand a year?
Posted By: thedoctor Re: Anyone own any comic book stock? - 2009-04-08 8:53 PM
I think you misread that, Pro. That's the annual donkey budget.
Posted By: Moe Jamma Re: Anyone own any comic book stock? - 2009-04-09 2:18 AM
 Originally Posted By: Lucius Prometheus Vorenus
Yeah, I just got to vote adding new member to their Board of Directors.
Can you get me my money back that I spent on Ultimatium?
Posted By: Joe Mama Re: Anyone own any comic book stock? - 2009-04-09 3:55 AM
\:lol\:
 Originally Posted By: Lucius Prometheus Vorenus
Yeah, I just got to vote adding new member to their Board of Directors. Did you know the ex-President of Sony's movie division just happens to sit on the Board of Directors? Funny how Sony is the one who puts out Spider-Man movies. Hmmmm.

Also, did you know the highest paid board member's salary is $750-thousand a year?

Cheap for a US listed company. Directors can command much more than this.
© RKMBs