Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I have gas.
2000+ posts
OP Offline
I have gas.
2000+ posts
In an all out brawl, who would win: Chemical King or Element Lad?

I'd say Chemical King, because everything is comprised of chemicals. I don't believe Jan's powers can affect organics.

Opinions?????

[izzat so?]

500+ posts
500+ posts
Wasn't Jan changing the color of Monstress' skin in one issue? That would imply some power over organics - but this is going to take some thought & research. Off to the stacks!

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I always liked Chem better but I would have to say Jan would be the winner. He could mess with organic material just by simply separating a bunch of H2O molecular bonds. He wouldn't do that probably because he's not a killer. There would always be elements about that he could use to block any of Chem's attacks though. It might be a stalemate power wise but I always got the impression that Chem's power tired him out with use. My guess Jan would win mostly due to stamina.

500+ posts
500+ posts
Jan's post-boot powers seem a little vague - but, the organics question aside, I'll put my money on Condo. Chemical King controls chemical reactions - so it's possible that any chemical structure that Jan changes, Condo will start a reaction to destroy it. It may all come down to speed - can the reaction progress quickly enough?

The other thing against Jan is his alleged mental instability. Even pre-Progenitor, Element Lad was a little woo-woo. I mean, he could be in full battle with Chemical King, and stop to smell the roses. Or write a poem. I don't know.

25+ posts
25+ posts
My money's on Jan, but Condo should be more powerful than he was written. It seems like he should be able to affect the chemical balance of any living being - even Daxamites or Kryptonians. However Jan, if so inclined, could turn his opponent into tapioca! Post-boot he fiddled with Monstresses pigmentation, and changed himself a lot. In fact, IMO, his self-transmutation was part of what drove him over the edge.

500+ posts
500+ posts
It'll come down to whose faster on the draw. Can Condo, say, reduce Jan's blood sugar to naught before Jan removes all the oxygen around Condo.

I have gas.
2000+ posts
OP Offline
I have gas.
2000+ posts
See, I've always wondered that if Condo can speed up or slow down chemical reactions, (e.g. cause a space ship to suddenly rust apart.) is it possible for him to affect things on a MOLECULAR level? I think his potential is greater than that of Jan.

500+ posts
500+ posts
If you are changing lead to gold or whatever you are changing it on a molecular level. If all Condo can do is cause chemical reactions with exsisting molecules Jan just needs to contain him in a bubble of some stable element that won't oxidize.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Chem's been shown to dissolve force fields. Not sure if that was actually in the realm of his powers? Can energy be affected that way?

500+ posts
500+ posts
I would guess no. But I think force feilds are a bit of a science fiction jack of all trades. I could be wrong but forces feilds have never been properly explaned so we dont know what they are composed of.

Link Copied to Clipboard