Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#198378 2003-07-15 5:17 AM
500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts
Fables meets the Legion? From maybe-undead Garth, we leap to ...vampires - werewolves - other supernatural and magical beings.

A distinct lack of such in The Legion these days. I believe DnA are really sci fi writers - but I'm a bit disappointed that we haven't had more of the supernatural. Shikari is the closest thing to "unexplained by science" or however you might want to define it.

I would really like to see the return of the White Witch, the original - or a character like her. Lady Mysa/Dragonmage didn't do it for me - I didn't like the personalities and interplay of the characters - no problem with their powers.

It could be interesting to have a vampire or werewolf as a villain. Maybe a whole team, a la LSV, of mystical baddies.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I like how they do sci-fi but yeah a little bit of horror/supernatural would make for a nice break & contrast. As for vampires, what if they reintroduced Night Girl as a vampire?

500+ posts
500+ posts
Interesting idea, and a neat twist on the whole Night Girl "only powered in darkness" riff.

I always thought Vyrkos, the vampire from the TMK era, was a worthy villain.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Actually I remember an article just before the 5 yr gap stories started coming out & they mentioned a vampire Legionnaire. It was an interesting article & some things were still being decided on. T&M Bierbaum(?) were pushing to keep the costumes & codenames.

500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts
Wonder how a vampire legionnaire would work out? It's not exactly a benign or positive power, unless he/she could also manipulate blood to slow people down, make them collapse, etc. Some of Anne Rice's vampires were "okay guys" but they still wanted your blood. Terry Pratchett also had a vampire family, and the mother had sworn off drinking - human blood, that is. She even went to something like an AA meeting.

If we had a vampire legionnaire, I like the idea of Lydda Jath as the candidate! She could date Ra's al Ghul, the blood guy!

Link Copied to Clipboard