Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
www.legionworld.net for those who don't know.

I was curious to read the terms and conditions. I've never read anything quite as.... strict, ever. A backlash against the laissez-faire moderating here, I suppose.

In addition, they make you wait while they work out whether they want you to join. That also probably explain the 50 odd guests they have there (at 5am US time too!) - their enrollment process is far too slow (a problem we had at Athanon) and they run the same risk of losing a lot of people.

I had a bit of a look around. Most of the moderators seem to be keeping an eye on this board. Its pretty much the same crew who were here.

The Science Police board was the most intriguing of the lot. While the other forums are filled with the sort of friendly silliness one gets from the LMBP, the Science Police Board is where some of them show their true colours.

Nightcrawler seems to be running the show. Greybird seemed particulary testy that someone had reprinted his publicly posted message about Rob being drunk. MLLASH is there, too, offering to delete things here using his moderator status. Seems it was he and not Thriftshop Debutante who went locking up all the threads here. And people were hopping up and down about xlegionx (Llance, I guess) spamming the boards with "THAT picture".

Greybird made the comment in one post that he was surprised that even the dumb ole Nature Boys took two months to find it. Obviously he doesn't know someone from their board posted a link in the comics section here.

Now, this is where it will get interesting. I've been nothing but friendly to most of those guys - I even tried to set up a home for them at Athanon, 3 years ago, in the Vault of Tomorrow. I was a Reserve member of the LMBP for years. MLLASH, Stu-rat and others have exchanged e-mails with me. I even help Dev-Em clean up this place when some of them went nuts and shat in their nest.

But will they allow the sort of criticism that I would bring to their board? I'd talk about the Legion, and I wouldn't troll, but I wouldn't be keeping my opinion to myself, either.

That is where they would need to weigh free speech against enforcement of their rules and regulations on what people can and cannot say. By way of a geopolitical analogy, some totalitarian states tolerate criticism of their regime, and some do not.

In case the moderators there are watching - and we know they are - just to make it perfectly clear for you, I've enrolled as Computo. Long term Legion fans - and I am one - should know the significance of that name.

Let's sit back, and wait and see what they do.

Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
5 to 1 says they ban you within one month.

25+ posts
25+ posts
First shot was fired... they welcomed you to the board Welcome

Much like they welcomed Llance before he instituted his "backup plan".

500+ posts
500+ posts
I don't think you'll have any problems at Legion World at all, Dave.

FYI, XlegionX is an Alt-ID used on this board by an asshole who has apparently taken it upon himself to cause trouble between the LMB and the NBz. Among his actions thus far include posting Greybird's insomniac commentary about Rob on this board as an "F.U. to Rob" with the claim that these were the sentiments of Legion fans generally (which they aren't) and providing a link to Legion World in an obviously inflammatory post.

Personally, if I were in charge of Legion World, and I found out that XlegionX were one of the regular posters there, I would ban him.

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
hmm... intriguing recap, david.

unfortunately, while responding, im not currently drunk. but, i'll drink a whole bunch when i get home, then come back and edit this post for good measure. just in case.

noting what you said about people coming here to delete posts, i removed all mods from this place. im sure someone'll end up being horrifically offended by that action, then post long, detailed rants about how my ignoraminonity...amous... ness... is exposed all-the-more. in reality, i mean no offense. i just dont like threads gettin deleted, tis all. i'll gladly re-mod everyone, if they want... y'just gotta not delete nuthin never, no way!(...six...seven negatives... eight...)

after all this time, i still just dunno why there's sucha tremendous rift between legion people and posters here. some just seem to downright hate the others. i took a major brunt of the "verbal beatings," and i dont hate or dislike anyone of'em.

not even greybird. not even the notorious (nefarious?) xlegionx! people are free to think and do as they want, it doesnt bother me. as i told triple e (...sigh... i mean, ede [eh... i dunno... ] ) before, the best i can tell is that its someone using optimum online (cablevision) -- meaning they're in the vicinity of NYC. you can make of that whatcha want. i could further IP trace it to a source, but... whats the point? im really not that interested. i dont take offense to his/her statements, nor do i think they represent all legion posters. conversely, i've met quite a few really nice and good people in the legion crew who have flat out told me the comments represented in the rant were ridiculous.

nih. whatcha gonna do.

we've all got our happy posting places now. many are free to roam back and forth. everyone smile and post.

and drink!

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
[biiiig grin] [humina humina] The Rob [humina humina] [biiiig grin]

500+ posts
500+ posts
Rob, you MUST be sober! That post made a hell of a lot of sense!

And personally, I don't see why everyone can't get along.

No one deletes stuff here.
No one posts LLance pics there.

It's pretty simple, folks.

25+ posts
25+ posts
Somebody <wink> <wink> deletes stuff here. But I'm alright with that.

500+ posts
500+ posts
PLM, you aren't implying that I've been using my status as moderator here at LHQ to randomly delete threads for the hell of it for months, are you? I mean, that would be breaking the number one rule of the RKMBs! Of course, if I had been, the score would be EDE-- 37, RKMBs-- 0, but I'd never do anything like that. [who, me?]

25+ posts
25+ posts
I'm not implying anything, I just got a little speck of dust in my eye [yuh huh]

I didn't even mention any names... even. [wink]

500+ posts
500+ posts
That's good. Because I'm sure if anyone ever wants that Legion Hair Survivor 2 thread, it's right there on pg. 15 or so... uh... just keep looking, you'll find it eventually!

25+ posts
25+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:

No one deletes stuff where they DO post LLance pics? That doesn't sound right to me! [wink]

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
youse guyssss... guyss're'uh binchuh ignoramussies....

100+ posts
100+ posts
Aww, Rob's pissed again (in the UK sense. Although possibly in the US sense too, you never know).

EDE's right about the fact that it's a very small moniority of people who are really causing all the fuss in the first place (and I'm looking at people at Legion World and here when I say that). The Legion World founders are being really strict with their rules and such but it has to be said that's about specific things. I've not seen any incidence of an founders or mods there deleteing threads because they didn't agree with them or anything. They'll delete spamming, and I can't say I blame them, and I wouldn't be suprised if some of them came doen a little heavily on flame wars but generally I think any kind of post goes.

To be honest most of the people who do post a lot at Legion World have known each other for a long time, they main posters have been members of the LMB for a good long while now so we know what's likely to get other people's goats and what's best to be avoided. There are some posters who very pointedly don't get on at all (I personally can't bear to even read posts by... well, let's just say that most everyone knows who I'm talking about) but on the whole people tend not to go out of their way to wind each other up. That's a difference between Legion World and here, and it's something that the mods at Legion World keep an eye on. It has to be said though that that in itself is not unusual for message boards. The other place that i post a lot at is the Sequential Tarts boards and if anything the mods there are probably even stricter than they are at Legion World.

Thing is thought that all these boards are privately owned. As such the site owners can say what goes whether you agree with it or not. Here anything goes and that's cool. At Tartsville or Legion World there are restrictions. Hell even when Athanon was up different boards were run in different ways (i seem to remember having a few hissy fits and deleting some threads in the Garden when I was mod there). people do things different ways and best thing you can do is just get on with things. There are a lot fo people who aren't going to like legion World, as much for the poeple who post there as the way things are run, but that's just as truw of Rob's boards or anywhere else.

Hmm, rambling now. Anyway, point being (I think. I might have started on a different point, but this what I'm thinking now) that Dave I don't think you'll have any problems posting over at Legion World. Some of the mods might be a little wary of you but if'n you don't go out of your way to give them any reason to get petty about things then they're unlikely to. The majority of the posters are easy going and even if they did leave here after the whole non-existent Nature Boyz raids I don't think they really care about what happened that much. A few do, but not enough to really make a huge difference.

Oh, and I don't remeber the LMBP being given a home at Athanon. That must have been before I encountered them myself. Ah, the old days of Athanon after the LLB got kicked off the Dc boards for being off topic by some tyranical moderator person. I wonder what ever happened to him? [nyah hah]

25+ posts
25+ posts
Dave, to clarify a thing or 2--

It was TD and I, with approval of Lightning Lad, who locked/deleted threads that infamous eve back in June in a futile attempt to settle things down for a moment here.

My true color is green. I also look good in aqua or navy blue.

Nightcrawler and Lightning Lad run the board as they see fit, just as Rob does here.

It was indeed I who recently deleted xLegionx's thread. That thread served no purpose other than to try to rile up the NBz against the LMB. You'll notice I respected the fun people were having on xLegionx's OTHER thread and left it alone.

I've deleted nothing else here since that eventful June eve.

You're likely to have a swell time at LWORLD, but it *is* their show, their rules and whatnot.

'Nuff said!

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by DuplicateMan:
quote:
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:

No one deletes stuff where they DO post LLance pics? That doesn't sound right to me! [wink]
Doesn't make a damn bit of sense to me either! Nor does the rule about not posting LLance pics! It's their boards and oh so simple to delete! Not that I really care, I think it reveals the true level of their thinking process.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
BTW, Legion World is still my BITCH!!!!!!!!!!! [wink]

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
And the simple fact is I got banned for doing nothing.
Well I intitially got banned before I registered there,but that was easy to get round,then after making what must`ve been a total of three innocent posts,I was kicked out & the registration process was suspended.

Pathetic!

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Well, over the long weekend (we had some sort of lantern autumn lunar festival thing happening here on Friday) I received a very polite e-mail from Nightcrawler telling me that I was, in a roundabout, wary and cautious way, welcome there.

No doubt I'll get around to posting there sooner or later.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Which I've now done, and been very civil about it, too.

quote:

Greybird's insomniac commentary about Rob

Oh, so that's his excuse? I thought it was just a lack of manners.

quote:
Originally posted by Bevis:
Hell even when Athanon was up different boards were run in different ways (i seem to remember having a few hissy fits and deleting some threads in the Garden when I was mod there).

...Oh, and I don't remeber the LMBP being given a home at Athanon. That must have been before I encountered them myself.

Bevis, you were a moderator of the Garden?

I was a keeper there, but I came late in the game. I think I joined up in December 2000.

I had thought I'd first met you at the Lucifer board (and yes I've seen you at Sequential Tarts, too). Did you have a different ID at Athanon?

100+ posts
100+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
Bevis, you were a moderator of the Garden?

I was a keeper there, but I came late in the game. I think I joined up in December 2000.

I had thought I'd first met you at the Lucifer board (and yes I've seen you at Sequential Tarts, too). Did you have a different ID at Athanon?

It was the Queen's Garden of Delights, of course it was me. [biiiig grin]

I think I was probably Queenie when I was at Athanon. I might have been Sequin Knight or Queen of Diamonds though. I was one of the first people at Athanon, and I think the second non-founder to be made a mod. Was that all really three years ago now? Blimey. Time flies doesn't it.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
You were Queenie?

Well, there you go.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Hey Dave! You never acted that excited when you called me Queenie! [izzat so?]

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I had mistakenly thought Queenie was female.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
In the meantime, Greybird is now trolling me at Science Police HQ!

He called my opinions "petty" and "nonsense"!

Some people...!

I, of course, am keeping my cool and have refrained from calling him a pissant.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Link please!

100+ posts
100+ posts
quote:

You thought I was a girl?!!?? You weren't really paying attention were you Dave.

Actually when I first started posting to the DC Boards (before Athanon was even a twinkle in anyone's eye) half the people there thought I was a lesbian for sonme bizarre reason. Heh. [nyah hah]

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
I'd still like to know how I got grouped in with the NBz and banned from the place before posting(I mean, I'm the NBz #1 foe most of the time...).

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Sure Speedy, suuuurrreeee...

quote:
Originally posted by Bevis:
quote:

You thought I was a girl?!!?? You weren't really paying attention were you Dave.

Actually when I first started posting to the DC Boards (before Athanon was even a twinkle in anyone's eye) half the people there thought I was a lesbian for sonme bizarre reason. Heh. [nyah hah]

The name threw me out. Besides, I never claimed to be the sharpest axe in the wood heap.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by LLance:
Link please!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=11;t=000042;p=1

Its all blown over now. I think I made my point.

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
hey dave, ask'em to at least steal my graphics nicely. their banner images are ugly as shit!

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
It's getting a bit boring over there. "Timberwolf is hot man-love" and "Umbra has great tits" and "I got a Legion flight ring on Ebay for $35!" all gets a bit stale. I haven't been for a while.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
 -

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
No thanks.

Link Copied to Clipboard