Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#219314 2002-10-06 8:44 PM
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
OP Offline
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Hey, guys! I always wanted to start a thread! Just chat about Hero Revolution Episode 10 here. Why? Because planned posts make for happy posters! :lol: Or at least it helps cut back on sloppy continuity and such. At least that's what I'm told. Am I talking too much? I think I am. Ok, I'll go now. Have fun!

2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Episode 10? Is George Lucas producing our stories now? Cool! [wink]

#219316 2002-10-07 11:28 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
References to Hurricane Helms and recent George Lucas films makes me wonder where everybody's expectation levels are at for this one...

#219317 2002-10-08 12:10 AM
25+ posts
25+ posts
ok boys and Girls its time to explain some things about Hurricains.

1. the winds are mesured in catagorys and not force.
2. a cat 1 Hurricain is like a force 5 or beter Tornado.
3. most of the damaget some by a hurricain is done by Surge(tidal surge that is) and Hight winds.
4. the strongest Hurricain to ever hit was camile and she was a catagory 5 when she hit with winds of over 275 (sustainedthat is ) and gusting upto 345. she had a 75 foot tidal that followed her and the squalls where long (Btw have you ever seen a pice of pine shoved int to an oak?) .
5. most of the inland damage done by a hurricain is done by Tornados that get spawned from it .
6. a Hurricain can have the same area mass as the state of texas . so there arent any near misses.
7. the back wall of the storm has more force thant the front .

well that about summs up the brief Hurricain summery . so yall have fun. and rember that Hurricain are leathal mechanisems . (if a cat 2 hit La perdita it might whipe it out. or at the least flood it )

2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Just had to get the final Epilogue in for the last story (Pete's Wake/Memorial), as I mentioned I was gonna do.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Kristogar Velo:
References to Hurricane Helms and recent George Lucas films makes me wonder where everybody's expectation levels are at for this one...

Some of us here happen to like Hurricane Helms, Mr. Only-gonna-post-in-the-talk-threads. [nyah hah]

#219320 2002-10-08 12:34 PM
25+ posts
25+ posts
Yup There is a Hurricain comming throu [woooOOOOoooo!] [mwah hwah haa]

2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Remember, Blackwulf, that the basement isn't just a basement, and it's not a living quarters. It was refurbished into a large exercise room. Your character can set up training equipment there, but he should be sleeping in one of the above-ground apartments.

#219322 2002-10-08 11:28 PM
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
By the way, the title of the story, for some reason, wouldn't fit in the title bar, so I just put it at the top of the first post... and Kristogar seems to like it.

Sammitch- Planned posts are the devil.

#219323 2002-10-09 12:57 AM
2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Just HAD to get the last word, didn't ya, Danny? [nyah hah]

25+ posts
25+ posts
oh the basment is gonna be setup alright.. *) truck number 15 has to getthere first tho.
[mwah hwah haa]

25+ posts
25+ posts
how many days out is the storm?

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
TTT, nice epilogue for the last story.

My only complaint is that you didn't include Euro in the mourning. He didn't knew Pete, but he did met him in Mandelovia, and should have felt something for him, being him a member of his team.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwulf:
how many days out is the storm?

I was under the impression that it was hovering just a few miles off the coast for now. That should be enough to kick off a hellasious battering of the island by the high winds and waves.

#219328 2002-10-09 11:22 PM
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by TheTimeTrust:
Just HAD to get the last word, didn't ya, Danny? [nyah hah]

...YOU'RE a last word!

Heh. Checkmate.

2000+ posts
2000+ posts
Nuh-uh! :lol:

Hey, Eurostar! You made it to the funeral after all! [wink]

#219330 2002-10-10 12:47 PM
1500+ posts
1500+ posts
I have a request:

can the next story be about a mission?

After all, since the team arrived in the island, they had only one! They need to work! Plus, I believe there would be more character development when they need to stay together for some days, than when they are on La Perdita and each one follow his own business.

#219331 2002-10-10 12:58 PM
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
I mentioned in the last talk thread that me and Chewy had a great idea for the next story... but that can wait, I guess... if someone else wants it. I'm flexible.

quote:
Nuh-uh! :lol:

Yuh-huh!

2000+ posts
2000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by The Eurostar:
I have a request:

can the next story be about a mission?

After all, since the team arrived in the island, they had only one! They need to work! Plus, I believe there would be more character development when they need to stay together for some days, than when they are on La Perdita and each one follow his own business.

Yeah, no kidding! I was really hoping for a mission story after the last one, since we haven't yet begun to explore the possibilities in that vein. And yeah, stories in which the team has a mission and leaves the island are much better for character interaction, as they tend to work together a lot more. Personally, I can't wait until we do the story idea you mentioned you wanted to do for issue #11, Euro. That one sounded very interesting... almost Indiana Jones-ish.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Yes, I have the idea TTT is mentioning, but I was not asking to do that., just to do a mission story. I AM ready for that one, but if somebody has another mission, that would be cool, anyway.

Danny, I though you proposed to do that story AFTER the next one. Chewy even slated it for much later, when we talked about it. If it's coming sooner, for me it's OK, because I have something important happening there, yet I would prefer a mission, before.

Also, Danny, you forgot the list of the members at the beginning of the story. Come on, put it at the beginning, JUST LIKE THE OLD DAYS, when Rypta Goud'n began each MBL story with the huge line-up. :)

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
I would just like to point out that the team is currently together and interacting right now. . . :)

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
I'm in agreement with Grimm on this. We are all out trying to do something important for the island. We are in danger and are risking our lives to save others. This is the team mission story that you want. No, some guy might not have come in and slapped a wad of cash down on the table for us to go kick someone's ass, but it's still a story where we are cooperating and interacting.

Also, I'd like to point out that there has been some real good character development so far. Danny is doing a good job of showing how his character is falling into the leader role. Captain is fleshing out Phil and has even helped me a bit in developing Dirk's character too. Euro is still working out how his character is relating to this new team. Grimm and Blackwulf are handling the big guy's entrance into the team and his "role" with them as a weight trainer.

It's been a good issue so far. This IS what you want, just not exactly how you want it. I think works out better than them being hired to do something. This is real hero work. There is no monetary gain. They're doing it because it's the right thing to do. The fact that they sacrifice their own safety can make for some interesting writing either from the point of view of onlookers or other team memebers or even what the character himself thinks about it.

BTW, Captain, good job in writing Dirk. Loved the post. It took a good look at both characters. You get a [woooOOOOoooo!] !

#219336 2002-10-11 12:49 AM
2000+ posts
2000+ posts
thedoctor -- since you weren't around when we brought in the concept of MBL Consulting, it's understandable why it sounds to me like you don't quite understand the concept. It's not about "kicking ass" at all. MBL Consulting was an idea borne out of some of Pro's ranting that we do something OTHER than typical super-hero stuff like kicking ass. The consulting thing is a way for us to tell other kinds of stories as well as the occasional superhero-type story. Exploratory missions and paranormal mysteries have a great deal of potential not yet tapped, and those are the kinds of missions I'm talking about.

#219337 2002-10-11 12:58 AM
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Thanks for the clarification. Your previous posts did not express that. No offense, but they mostly came off as being angry that the team isn't working together.

I have no problem with the consulting firm aspect of the MBL. In fact, I do think that it's an interesting idea. At the same time I think that the occasional "typical" superhero stuff is needed or all our characters seem shallow. I think this story idea was also really needed at this point. Considering how many new members there are to the group as of late, I think we all felt that it was important for them all to kinda be "forced" into a situation where they all had to work together as a team and to give them a sense of being at home on La Perdita since they will risk their lives to save it and it's people.

2000+ posts
2000+ posts
I see what you mean. No anger was meant in my posts, just impatience, I suppose. My character, Chance, hasn't had a chance to really do anything since his first appearance, and he doesn't have any superpowers to save people from hurricanes, so he's kinda reduced to being a pilot. I'm itching for a story which is more adventure than blockbuster action for that reason. Plus, sorry, but the current story concept just doesn't inspire me right now. Maybe as the story goes on I'll think of something, but right now I'll just remain a reader.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Maybe that can be an interesting plot device with Chance. He may feel that he's not being helpful to the team in a drastic situation. Or, maybe, Chance could wind up somewhere without the group and have to use what powers of luck he does have to save a local from a falling phone line or something. There are possibilites out there if you just think about them.

Dirk is the least "powerful" MBLer because he has no powers what-so-ever. Yet, he's still out there. I think there is a good oppuritunity for everyone to have their characters shine in this issue. They are battling a hurricane. Yes, they may get bruised and beaten; but they are still fighting a force of nature. If you think about it, I'm sure you can find a way for Chance to participate and show the rest of the team what he's made of.

4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Euro- Regarding me and Chewy's story... it can go anywhere. I'm flexible. I really don't mind either way.

By the way, Euro and Doctor, great job writing Danny...

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
OP Offline
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by thedoctor:
BTW, Captain, good job in writing Dirk. Loved the post. It took a good look at both characters. You get a [woooOOOOoooo!] !

[biiiig grin] I feel special now!

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
quote:
I see what you mean. No anger was meant in my posts, just impatience, I suppose. My character, Chance, hasn't had a chance to really do anything since his first appearance, and he doesn't have any superpowers to save people from hurricanes, so he's kinda reduced to being a pilot. I'm itching for a story which is more adventure than blockbuster action for that reason. Plus, sorry, but the current story concept just doesn't inspire me right now. Maybe as the story goes on I'll think of something, but right now I'll just remain a reader.

You don't need any superpowers to save people from hurricanes, there is a lot Chance can do from the hovercraft in addition to piloting and helping tow boats in. Once the hurricane hits land, it's gonna be rough for all the citizens of the island and Chance's luck and athletic skills could come in useful in aiding the populace. Plus there's a lot more than the hurricane coming in. . . [mwah hwah haa]

Part of the interesting thing for this (to me, at least) is that most of these guys aren't real well equipped to deal with this powerwise. There is no Turkish to talk the hurricane into changing course or calming down. There's no TC to attempt to reverse the winds by racing the opposite direction. About the only one who may be able to deal with it any is Phil, whose TK abilities could be useful in buffering some of the wind and/or waves.

So how will they deal with it? All it requires is a little imagination. [biiiig grin]

And for you flyers, you should have difficulty getting around due to windspeed and loose flying objects. Euro, remember, birds usually leave the immediate area of a storm. Just a reminder. [wink]

And doctor, excellent post, you handled the characters very well!

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
OP Offline
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
I had a great post put together. Took me about half an hour. Then I posted it and realized that three people had posted while I was working on mine, making it entirely useless and inconsistent with a plot I had no idea was going on without me. [AAAHHHH!!!] [AAAHHHH!!!] [AAAHHHH!!!] I deleted it. I am not happy. Oh well. Another continuity crisis averted.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Grimm, if I do as a true bird and leave the surrounding of the storm, the story would be boring for me, watching the happening by television from, let's say, the New Jersey. [wink]

I bet it would be impossible to fly in the hurricane, but when I posted, it was just the rim of the storm. I am a birdwatcher, and I have seen amazing stuff from raptors caught in strong winds.

And I believe a little suspension of disbelieving is necessary for everyone, or I should point out that (for example) your character should be blind, because without a visible retina in his eyesockets, in no way light could be captured and, transformed into electrical information, be transported to his brain (the same applies for any Invisible Man).

As for the story, I am enjoying it, don't get me wrong. I love how everybody is out to save lives, how they work together and all, and especially how everyone put a lot of care in writing the others characters.
And if I will post seldom, is just because I am now overloaded with work, a thing that should last only a week.

BUT, like TTT pointed out, I am hungry for an adventure story, because from the time Pro and TTT worked out the concept, we never had a true one. The only mission was the one in Uruguay, and was more superhero stuff than an Indiana Jones adventure.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Sammitch:
I had a great post put together. Took me about half an hour. Then I posted it and realized that three people had posted while I was working on mine, making it entirely useless and inconsistent with a plot I had no idea was going on without me. [AAAHHHH!!!] [AAAHHHH!!!] [AAAHHHH!!!] I deleted it. I am not happy. Oh well. Another continuity crisis averted.

It happened a lot of time to me. One of the better post I ever made (maybe the best) was in the "Malvana's song" TOMB story, and it went out just a second after a post by Pro that rendered it completely useless.

Se la vie!

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
quote:
Grimm, if I do as a true bird and leave the surrounding of the storm, the story would be boring for me, watching the happening by television from, let's say, the New Jersey.

And I believe a little suspension of disbelieving is necessary for everyone, or I should point out that (for example) your character should be blind, because without a visible retina in his eyesockets, in no way light could be captured and, transformed into electrical information, be transported to his brain (the same applies for any Invisible Man).

No, no, don't misunderstand me. I simply meant that Ed's avian side should be wreaking havoc with him right now.

As for Grimm's vision, etc. I made a small reference to this in the last story, it is something that I will explain later. [wink]

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
OP Offline
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Hey Euro, you listed Phil as a MBL-er when he hasn't been offered official membership yet. Not that he wouldn't accept the offer, but he's kinda busy saving people's butts at this point in the story. We'll discuss later.

500+ posts
500+ posts
quote:
BUT, like TTT pointed out, I am hungry for an adventure story, because from the time Pro and TTT worked out the concept, we never had a true one. The only mission was the one in Uruguay, and was more superhero stuff than an Indiana Jones adventure.

Not fully true... Mick, Larry and Sam went on a mission for the company. Of course they fucked things up and had to get saved, but they still attempted a mission.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Less talkin', more postin'! [you sunnuva...]

please. [um....  uh huh! ...  ]

[yuh huh]
Just kiddin' yas. I've been enjoying everyone's posts so far. Seems like this is addin' up to be a good issue.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Oh, Grimm, sorry, I didn't get what you were meaning.

I understand what you mean, now, and also you express those feelings very well when you depicted Euro in one of the earlier post. I will return on it later in the story, when matter becomes much harder.

Phil, if the MBL hire the would be killer of one of his founding members, I believe they can have enlisted you without even notifying it to your character!

Anyway, I can edit it, if you want. Plus, I can list also the staff, like qantum and Piper. By the way, how the new chick is called?

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
What new chick? [eh?]

There's a female on this board? [whaaaa!]

Where? Where is she? [humina humina]

Don't worry. I'm alright now. Just got a little excited. I'm cool. [cool]

25+ posts
25+ posts
quote:
What new chick? [eh?]

Right and i'm the King of France.(sorry for that one i just watched the Brotherhood of the Wolf. very good movie)

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
quote:
What new chick? [eh?]

*THUD!*

[whaaaa!] :lol: [wink] [who, me?]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard