Print Thread
#268599 2004-03-09 1:07 PM
Bianca Offline OP
Frustrated! . . . with kids!
2500+ posts
OP Offline
Frustrated! . . . with kids!
2500+ posts
Makes me glad I don't have DISH Network...

Quote:

Viacom Dispute

DISH Network sincerely regrets that all MTV, BET, Comedy Central, Nickelodeon and VH1 programming is currently unavailable. Viacom owned CBS stations are also unavailable at this time.

These channels and CBS stations, owned by Viacom, have proposed excessive rate increases which we feel are unreasonable. Viacom is demanding rate increases nearly 4 times the rate of inflation for various cable channels, amounting to hundreds of millions of dollars in fees that would increase the cost of our services to you.

Click Here for answers to Frequently Asked Questions.

To view a list of local businesses whose advertising you will not be seeing Click Here.

DISH Network continually strives to control costs on behalf of our customers and we are working hard to get this matter resolved quickly. Tell us what you think by writing us at: CEOofDishNetwork@Dishnetwork.com.

Read more here...

Ahh man... - Bianca
Ahh woman... - Pat

Bianca & Patrick ~ September 30, 2006
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
well good for DISH Network for saying "kiss my ass" to Viacom. Unfortunately, they'll probably lose subscribers because of this.

some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
Quote:

Bianca said:
Makes me glad I don't have DISH Network...

Same here.

My wife actually wanted to switch our DirecTV to DISH last month.

I'm glad I talked her out of it.

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
I have DISH Network.

I lost some of my favorite channels, but I'm not heartbroken over it. Nothing on those channels is important enough for me to get pissed off about. Besides, I still have, what, 200 channels left? Plus the internet.

If this drags on for months, I'll be annoyed, but if it's resolved quickly (?), it's no skin off my back.

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
My dad has dish network. I guess they are refunding customers one whole stinkin' dollar for all the lost channels...go figure...

SMILE...IT MAKES PEOPLE WONDER WHAT YOU'VE BEEN UP TO!

Link Copied to Clipboard