Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
1000+ posts
OP Offline
1000+ posts
The story was born out of a cross between the one post short story about the MBL I did out of nostalgy, an idea about crossing the HR Universe with TOMB I had just after the HR started two years ago, and a solo Vanguard story I was going to do regarding some loose ends I left here and there after I "reformed" Euro.

I am trying to respect the continuities of both Universes, but I don't prethend the story IS to be considered canonical.

Though, comments, insults are all welcomed.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Keep em coming.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
It's interesting and there's been some unexpected turns. You've kept me interested, and I really have no idea where you're going with it.

I have only one complaint. The MBL, as protagonists, seem too powerful. They accomplish their objectives far too easily, just walking all over first the Warlord, and then Vanguard. It lessens the dramatic tension if there's no real challenge for them. Otherwise, it's fun.

1000+ posts
OP Offline
1000+ posts
The MBL seems too powerful because it was.

They were parodies of superheroes, and each one had a pletora of powers. Smasher, that I count like one of the lesser one (it was a secondary character of Gooz, basically, to replace Gooz the character when he was dead... a thing that happened three or four time! ) had force field, laser blast, superforce and could fly!

They always fought baddies with universe crushing powers, people of the caliber of Gob Kamphausen, the Anti-Moderator or the Hyperboard Entity.

My intent is to show them as powerful as they were originally, and also much more used to team work than Vanguard, but, due to my inability to write good battles, I am not sure it will work.
On the other side, I would show them how much more complex is this world, compared to the square cut one from which they came from, where baddies and good guys could be separated at first glance.

But challenges for them will arrive.

1000+ posts
OP Offline
1000+ posts
Quote:

I'm Not Mister Mxypltk said:
Keep em coming.

Sadly, I am overloaded with work, and I have to stop writing here for at last until mid may.

I will try to post something (short) in the main story, though.

[insert non-dated reference here]
10000+ posts
[insert non-dated reference here]
10000+ posts
Everyone seems to be busy right now. As for me, I'm studying for final exams until Monday.

1000+ posts
OP Offline
1000+ posts
For me is the same every year.

I am a birdwatcher, and every year I hope to spend the spring studying the local nesting population of raptors. BUT, every here, as the spring come, I get buried under tons of drawings due before the mid of summer.

When I finally am free from work, the nestlings have left the nests. In the meantime, a friend of mine keeps bombarding my cell with SMS about his findings.

Link Copied to Clipboard