Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts

Tonight starts the greatest reality show ever. The reality show for people who hate reality shows. The reality show for people who love reality shows. In fact, the 2003 Emmy winner for "Best Reality Show."

The show is The Amazing Race, and it's one of my favorite tv shows ever. Not just reality, but every genre.

I can't speak for season five starting tonight, but I watched it from seasons two-four, which is where my opinion comes from.

The premise is 11 teams of two people each start in the same city in America... all next to eacher. Directed by a series of "clues," they will travel around the world racing for a million dollar prize.

What makes it so good is that this is the ONLY reality based show where the events are more important than the people. The only reality show where other people don't decide your fate - it's all up to how good you are physically, intellectually, socially, and so on. No one votes you off. If you're fat and run slow, you probably won't do good. However, if you're fat, but also a heavily experienced traveller (dealing with airports and such), then you probably WILL do good. It's great.

Seriously. Give Amacing Race 5 a chance.
(I know I wrote this too late, if you're east coast you'll have to wait until Saturday.)

- Premeres tonight at 9:30 PM. Subsequent episodes run at 10:00 PM every Tuesday, on CBS. Reruns are shown the following Saturday at 8:00 PM.

Last edited by Rob Kamphausen; 2004-07-07 2:39 PM.
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Post deleted by rex

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts
FUCK YOU YOU STUPID FUCKER I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU GOD GO TO FUCKING HELL

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
All that 'cuz he deleted a post?

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
I watched it last night. It looks like it'll be as enjoyable as the previous AR's were to watch. They replaced the fast forward with the yeild option. That would sure piss you off if you had to stop and watch other teams pass you by. Phill mentioned a new twist in the game. I wonder what it will be.

I doubt the midget and her annoying friend will win. The AR can be very physical and unless they get several lucky breaks they won't be able to keep up.

I gotta say I was impressed by that old guy finishing the first part of the race with his torn up leg. Unless his leg turn septic he should go far in the race.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
500+ posts
OP Offline
500+ posts
Tomorrow is the first episode rerun. I really urge everyone to watch it. Recently, Entertainment Weekly gave it an "A." Just saying.

Link Copied to Clipboard