OP Offline
Frustrated! . . . with kids!
2500+ posts
Okay folks, they're getting ready to show

the last two episodes of the show...and yes,

it is taking place in Japan.

This post is going to contain spoilers for

the 1st part of the finale. I'll post the

2nd part of the finale next week (or sooner)

when the info comes to the official web site.

quote:
" A Friend in Need, Part I "

LOG LINE: Summoned by a long-lost spiritual soulmate, Xena (Lucy Lawless) heads for Japan with Gabrielle (Renee O'Connor) on a daunting mission to save the city of Higuchi from destruction and make amends for her past.

SYNOPSIS:

A young Japanese monk named Kenji (Mac Jeffery Ong) staggers into Xena's (Lucy Lawless) and Gabrielle's (Renee O'Connor) campsite one day holding an exotic looking sword called a katana. Revealing he has come to deliver a message from Akemi (Michelle Ang), Kenji launches into the terrifying story of his narrow escape from a horrendous death at the hands of the evil Samurai ghost Yodoshi (Adrian Brown), a fate met by his unfortunate traveling companion Saburo (Gary Young). The hair-raising events he describes unfold in a teahouse outside the city of Higuchi, inhabited by three beautiful ghosts ­ Akemi, Miyuki (Shiori Terada) and Ayako (Yvonne Tan) ­ who have been forced by Yodoshi to seduce souls into his grasp. Akemi secretly facilitates Kenji's escape, urging him to take her sword and find Xena, the only warrior powerful enough to keep Yodoshi's general Morimoto (Venant Wong) from destroying Higuchi and enslaving 20,000 more souls.

As they set sail for the Land of the Rising Sun, Gabrielle asks Xena about her relationship with the mysterious Akemi and learns that the two met in Chin when Xena was still with Borias (Marton Csokas). Akemi, who had been captured by pirates and sold to a Chinese warlord named Kao (Trevor Sai-Louie), impressed Xena so much with her courage and honesty that Xena tried to buy her from Kao. When her offer was refused, she put "the pinch" on the greedy warlord. Eager to claim both a ransom for Akemi and a foothold on the island of Japan, Xena convinced Borias they should take Akemi back to her family. As they traveled together, Xena became a mentor to Akemi in the arts of war, while Akemi began teaching Xena about the peaceful arts of Haiku and Kabuki. Along the way, Xena won possession of a brand new katana in a battle against Samurai warriors and, shared sacred secrets of combat with Akemi.

Back in the present, it's nighttime and the city of Higuchi is burning. The ship's captain informs Xena, Gabrielle and Kenji that he can't get any closer to the city, which is now surrounded by an army and navy. The three swim ashore and make their way through the burning streets as firebombs explode all around them. When Xena and Gabrielle realize that access to the water tower has been cut off by the army, they manage to execute some stunning maneuvers to release enough water to fight the inferno.

In the past once again, Xena's history with Akemi is further revealed. What Xena could never have anticipated was that Akemi would kill her own father who turned out to be none other than Yodoshi. Akemi explained that her father had murdered her entire family and she had barely escaped. Even so, she knew she had to die for having killed her parent and before Xena knew what was happening, she committed hari kari. Distraught by this shocking turn of events, Xena had to summon all her strength to carry out Akemi's dying wishes, the last of which was to have her ashes taken to the family shrine in the town of Higuchi. When Xena tried to do so, she was stopped by the townspeople. Ignoring them, she tried to press on, but the urn was quickly smashed by a rock hurled from the crowd and Akemi's ashes wound up in the gutter. Xena became so enraged that she grabbed a torch and soon the whole city was up in flames.

As Xena comes to the end of her tale, Kenji informs her that 40,000 people died trying to fight the fire, which Xena had not known before. Kenji reveals that she was responsible for Yodoshi becoming the Lord of the Dark Land. Possessed by the worldly passion in which he died and doomed to be a wandering spirit, Yodoshi gobbled up the 40,000 lost souls he now holds enslaved inside him. Kenji confirms that in order for the 40,000 souls to be freed, Yodoshi must be destroyed. Vowing to stop him, Xena dons Japanese armor at dawn the next day to face three huge armies that have gathered on the battlefield.

Cast:
Xena/Young Xena: Lucy Lawless
Gabrielle: Renee O'Connor
Akemi: Michelle Ang
Borias: Marton Csokas
Kenji: Mac Jeffery Ong
Yodoshi: Adrian Brown
Ayako: Yvonne Tan
Miyuki: Shiori Terada
Morimoto: Venant Wong
Saburo: Gary Young
Kao: Trevor Sai-Louie
Master Swordsman: Ric Chan
Captain: Gregor McLennan
Harukata: Kazuhiro Muroyama

Production:
Executive Producers: Robert Tapert, Sam Raimi, R.J. Stewart
Supervising Producer: Bernadette Joyce
Producer: Michael McDonald
Produced By: Chloe Smith
Story By: Robert Tapert & R.J. Stewart
Teleplay by: R.J. Stewart
Directed By: Robert Tapert

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
I usually turn the sound down when I watch Xena....

Bianca Offline OP
2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by THE Franta:
I usually turn the sound down when I watch Xena....

No need to tell us what you do while you watch with the sound down Franta...

Bianca Offline OP
2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
Okay . . . here's the scoop on the last

half of the Series Finale.

And just remember . . . this is your only

spoiler space. I'm not very gracious here

as some of you just watch the show with the

sound turned off (Franta! )....

quote:
" A Friend in Need, Part II "

LOG LINE:
Xena (Lucy Lawless) and Gabrielle (Renee O'Connor) face the greatest threat they've ever known when they go up against the evil Yodoshi (Adrian Brown) and an army of 20,000 elite Samurai warriors.

SYNOPSIS:

Xena (Lucy Lawless) marches onto the battlefield and begins slashing her way through the army of Samurai warriors. While Gabrielle (Renee O'Connor) and Kenji (Mac Jeffery Ong) are fighting an attack from the rear, Xena comes face to face with Yodoshi's general Morimoto (Venant Wong), a formidable warrior she must fight while dispatching an onslaught of other Samurai. Xena emerges from battle in the spirit world, where she and Akemi embrace in an emotional reunion. Akemi explains that like herself, Xena is now under Yodoshi's control and must obey his will in order to escape from being consumed and enslaved forever ­ unless, of course, Yodoshi is destroyed. Determined to annihilate the malevolent ghost warrior, Xena insists that Akemi teach her everything she needs to know to go up against him.

As Gabrielle searches for Xena in the forest, she runs into the ghost killer Harukata (Kazuhiro Muroyama), who tells her he's heard all about the battle at Higuchi. Meanwhile, Xena and Akemi are walking in the forest nearby and Akemi becomes fearful when she senses Harukata's approach. Xena, however, insists on talking to him. Fighting severe weakness as he draws closer, Xena vows to deliver Yodoshi to him. When Gabrielle and Kenji arrive and see Xena kneeling in front of the ghost killer, it becomes clear to Gabrielle that Xena has gone to the other side. Though obviously distraught, Gabrielle is determined to bring Xena back, and Xena reassures her that they've done it before.

Gabrielle convinces Harukata to reveal exactly what she must do to return Xena to this realm. Harukata tells her that she has until the second sunset to complete the ritual high atop Mt. Fuji. Morimoto is hot on her trail as Gabrielle scales the mountain to complete her mission.

Meanwhile, back at the teahouse, Xena executes her plan to trap Yodoshi using Kenji as bait. Just as Yodoshi is about to grab Kenji, Xena and Akemi attack him with everything they've got. In the ensuing struggle, Harukata appears and thrusts his katana into Yodoshi, but the mighty ghost warrior is unfazed. Yodoshi pulls out his sword, sends it flying through Harukata's stomach and resumes fighting with undiminished intensity. Gabrielle arrives and joins the fray, but Kenji is wounded and the group is forced to flee with the mortally wounded Harukata. As he lies dying, Harukata deduces that Yodoshi must be drinking from the Fountain of Strength in order to be invulnerable to a ghost killer. He pleads with them to find the fountain, drink the water and kill Yodoshi. Suspecting that Yodoshi has been traveling to Mt. Fuji disguised as a bird, Xena and Akemi watch as Yodoshi exits the teahouse and ascends into the body of a hawk. Xena and Akemi follow suit by ascending into the bodies of an owl and a heron, respectively, and take off for Mt. Fuji after promising Gabrielle that they'll meet her there.

Gabrielle reaches the slopes of Fuji with Morimoto in close pursuit. Before launching into an epic battle against the incomparably evil Yodoshi, Xena materializes and reveals the final truth to Gabrielle. As Xena fights the greatest enemy she's ever faced to free the thousands of souls he's enslaved, Gabrielle races against time to save her beloved friend.

Cast:
Xena/Young Xena: Lucy Lawless
Gabrielle: Renee O'Connor
Akemi: Michelle Ang
Borias: Marton Csokas
Kenji: Mac Jeffery Ong
Yodoshi: Adrian Brown
Ayako: Yvonne Tan
Miyuki: Shiori Terada
Morimoto: Venant Wong
Saburo: Gary Young
Kao: Trevor Sai-Louie
Master Swordsman: Ric Chan
Captain: Gregor McLennan
Harukata: Kazuhiro Muroyama

Production:
Executive Producers: Robert Tapert, Sam Raimi, R.J. Stewart
Supervising Producer: Bernadette Joyce
Producer: Michael McDonald
Produced By: Chloe Smith
Story By: Robert Tapert & R.J. Stewart
Teleplay by: R.J. Stewart
Directed By: Robert Tapert

[ 06-18-2001: Message edited by: Bianca ]

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
k, hold up...

one o' them pictures is a lesbian kiss? ... for a long time?

Bianca Offline OP
2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Kamphausen:
k, hold up...

one o' them pictures is a lesbian kiss? ... for a long time?

Dude...they've kissed before. Where have you been?

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
...i ... dont know!

... um... they do it a lot? ... n'stuff?

Bianca Offline OP
2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
Not a lot...by your standards...maybe once or twice a season...if that.

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
um...

...will they do it for me?

Bianca Offline OP
2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
Dude...it's over...

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
damnit!

how come i can never get lesbianism on demand???

Bianca Offline OP
2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
You must not want to see it badly enough...

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
now thats just a vicious lie, and you know it!

Bianca Offline OP
2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Rob Kamphausen:
now thats just a vicious lie, and you know it!

Well, I know you claim to have a gf...but who knows...

You seem more like the Joxer type anyway... heh

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
where is this "claim to gf"? i made no such remark!

and... i dunno anything about these joxers, but... from your tone, i dont think i like'em

Bianca Offline OP
2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
I don't remember where I read it...but I swear I read it somewhere around here....

As for Joxer...I like Joxer. He's cute...in a dorky way. lol

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
well i definitely dont want none o' that joxer fellow.

as for the gf... sorry. notta' me. however, if the lesbians are available...

25+ posts
25+ posts
Joxer's cool.
The Actor who plays him, Ted Raimi, is playing Curt Connors in the Spidey movie apparantly.

Anyway. Xena. I'm sure they'll get round to showing this series at some point over here.
I don't think they've shown the penultimate series yet.

I used to be a big Xena fan at one point but I'm currently more into Buffy and Angel.

Xy

Link Copied to Clipboard