Page 1 of 2 1 2
#426776 2005-02-08 2:53 AM
Rob Offline OP
cobra kai
15000+ posts
OP Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
as we approach the road to mania, lets start the rumors, speculuation, and crap anticipation! here's my thoughts of mania and beyond:

evolution revolution:
batista will follow through on his match with triple h at wrestlemania. after a lengthy exchange, and struggled build up, batista will finally gain the upper hand, with the crowd soundly behind him. he fights through the pedigree, and turns to power bomb triple h ... but is surprised by a run in RKO from randy orton. orton drags a knocked out h's over batista for the pinfall victory.

all of which is later explained -- orton, after losing once more to h's at the rumble, realized he's never going to get another power ride like he had with evolution. so, to get back in good graces with h's, he grants the game the belt. together, hhh, flair, a rejuvenatedly heel orton, and malicious and delicous seductress stacy keibler form a new, unified evolution, while batista serves as the sympathetic uberface.

hollywoooood:
making a much hyped and loudly welcomed wwe return, the rock steps through the entrance way in his new home, hollywood california. after a long but amazing promo, he says he'd like to introduce the crowd to the latest hollywood icon, and with that, the crash of glass announces stone cold steve austin.

both the icons stand in the ring, together, telling the crowd that their new status has allowed them to push aside past differences. however, their image is not yet complete. they'd like to further welcome a man who best fits hollywood ... hollywood hulk hogan.

the three will dominate the ring with sheer presence and the 12 hairs between them. ovations will abound, but more importantly, storylines will be set, as the three, individually or together, will make random and sporadic appearances on both raw and smackdown through out the year -- ignoring the branding rules, as they each feel, and perhaps rightfully so, that they're above the business.

giant picture
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I like the last one.......I miss hogan rock and austin

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Predictions:

A referee will get knocked down at a critical point in a match. While the ref is knocked out (a wrestler most likely bumped into him) the good guy will pin the bad guy, holding the bad guy down for about 8 months. The bad guy will then cheat, and go for a pin. The ref will amazingly wake up, count out the good guy, and then pass out again.

A manger will jump on the ring apron, and distract the ref. While the ref's back is turned, the bad guy will hit the good guy with the chair (the ref won't hear the loud noise a chair makes when it hits someone's head) and then the bad guy will pin the good guy. The manager will instantly jump off the apron; the ref will turn around, look confused for a moment, and then count out the good guy.

More to follow...

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
it's like deja vu

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
The announcers will scream at the top of their lungs.

The announcers will also spent 89% of the time hyping up the next pay-per-view, which will be "The biggest pay-per-view of all-time".

A good guy will get his brains scrambled for 10 minutes, the crowd will cheer for him, thus giving him energy, he'll then hit 3 moves and win.

13 different titles will be "on the line".

A ref will get knocked out (again). A bad guy will storm the ring from the dressing room, and interfere. (Note: He MAY hit the wrong guy) The match will end this way.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
A herd of raging wildebeast will storm the ring causing Vince McMahon to break his other knee.

Meanwhile Scott Steiner will sit at home taking steroids & Lex Luger will be butt fucked in prison.

A mysterious masked man will attack a small chinese man backstage only to be revealed later as nobody anyone gives a shit about,so WWE will give them a huge push!

Freddie Mercury will come back from the dead & become the Undertakers new manager!

Hulk Hogan will be inducted into a museum!

Chyna will form the new "Not a man,not a woman" division!

Stacy Kiebler will eat some food!

WWE will finally unveil new heavyweight titles for Heat,Velocity,Afterburn & any other show they currently have!

Steven Richards will become the first superstar to win every single title (including the womens) in the same night!

JR will have another stroke & die on air............ratings will go through the roof!

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
Eugene will be revealed to have faked his injury. He will come back, beat the living shit out of Triple H and Shatista, and will win the title.

Let's face it, he bloody well should.

OOK OOK ACK EEK!
Rob Offline OP
cobra kai
15000+ posts
OP Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
i was actually thinkin eugene might show up at mania and be smart. like, all those injuries and bumps to the head cured him of his retardentia.

c'mon, its the wwe.

giant picture
1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Prediction: It. Will. SUCK.

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
Unless Eugene (my personal fave wrestler of the moment) is back, then probably, yeah.

OOK OOK ACK EEK!
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Spoilers for anyone who didn't see Smackdown on 2-10-05.

First, some predictions for No Way Out:

John Cena will defeat Booker T in their seminfinals match. Why? Because at No Way Out, Undertaker will somehow cause Angle to lose to Cena. Also at No Way Out, JBL will successfully defend his title against Big Show.

At Wrestlemania:

Undertaker will defeat Angle in what will probably be a casket match, and Cena will defeat JBL. While I'm at it, I'll also predict that Batista will defeat HHH. This will mirror last year, when the WWE gave the titles to Benoit and Guerraro, two veterans. This time, however, due to extreme lack of creativity, they will give the titles to two young wrestlers, neither of whom will hold on to them for very long.

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

"I don't know what I'm do, or how I do, I just do." - Alexander Ovechkin</sub>
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Errr no,its pretty obvious Angle will be facing HBK at WrestlMania.........please try to keep up!

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
I don't see it. What I see is HBK causing Angle to lose to Undertaker at Wresltmania, and Angle possibly moving to Raw to take on HBK.

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
I haven't watched the shows lately, but it's pretty obvious they're setting up:

Angle vs. HBK and

Taker/Kane vs. Snitsky/Heidenreich for WM.

I do think Batista and Cena have a pretty good chance of winning the titles. I think they'll get a period of holding them to see how well they do, and if ratings and attendance go up and sustain themselves, things might turn around. Might happen, might not.

I'm Brian Fellow!
400+ posts
I'm Brian Fellow!
400+ posts
I saw a guy wrestle a bear on tv once.

I'M BRIAN FELLOW!
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Quote:

Grimm said:

Angle vs. HBK and

I do think Batista and Cena have a pretty good chance of winning the titles. I think they'll get a period of holding them to see how well they do, and if ratings and attendance go up and sustain themselves, things might turn around. Might happen, might not.

Based on the Royal Rumble, you're right. Based on the actual development on Smackdown, you're wrong. However, since WWE rarely properly develops anything anymore, you're probably right.

RDCW Profile

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
I predict it will cost more money than it is worth to watch it, but people will but it anyway.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Quote:

Brian Fellow said:
I saw a guy wrestle a bear on tv once.

That's crazy!

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Quote:

PenWing said:
Quote:

Grimm said:

Angle vs. HBK and

Based on the Royal Rumble, you're right. Based on the actual development on Smackdown, you're wrong. However, since WWE rarely properly develops anything anymore, you're probably right.

I'm not basing anything on the weekly show development, but rather an overall view of what WWE has going on. Unless Raw adds another ppv for this month, they don't have another Raw only ppv until April. While Smackdown has No Way Out this month in between the shared Rumble and Mania ppvs. Which is why I see Cena getting his title shot for Mania, and why they needed to give Batista the Rumble win to set the Raw main event (that's another argument, but it illustrates my method).

Mania is one of the big spotlights for brand vs. brand matches and these two (HBK vs. Angle and Taker/Kane vs. Snitsky/Heidenreich) fit the bill quite nicely. Whereas Taker vs. Angle could fit on No Way Out without disrupting any of this.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Taker vs. Angle can't happen at No Way Out because there is only one more Smackdown till No Way Out. And at No Way Out, Angle faces the winner of Cena vs. Booker T for the title shot at Wrestlemania.

I'll admit, I could be wrong. It could be HBK that shows up at No Way Out to fuck with Angle. But I really hope it's Taker, and I really hope Angle makes his way to Raw to feud with HBK.

Still, No Way Out will most likely set up one of these scenarios.

RDCW Profile

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
I'm pretty sure that much like Goldberg showing up at last year's No Way Out, HBK will show up and derail Angle's plans, setting up both HBK/Angle and Cena/JBL for Mania.

Taker will likely get taken out of the equation by Heidenreich and/or Snitsky, setting that up.

I just caught the end of the Angle/Misterio match in Japan. Pretty good stuff.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
That was the best Angle/Mysterio match I have seen. Hell, that may have been the best Mysterio match I have seen.

RDCW Profile

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Well, RAW just gave away what's going to happen on Sunday with Angle.

RDCW Profile

25+ posts
25+ posts
Undertaker will face John Cena, and walk away with his unblemished record still intact.

Cena will not walk away as both of his pathetic useless legs will be broken.

Do you fear The Surgeon's Knife?
living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Quote:

PenWing said:
That was the best Angle/Mysterio match I have seen. Hell, that may have been the best Mysterio match I have seen.

You should try to find tapes of his matches against Dean Malenko and Ultimo Dragon in WCW. Classic stuff and leagues ahead of most of the cruiserweight matches you see these days.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
You're not the first person to tell me that. I have heard of these Mysterio/Malenko matches and all of the little technical stuff they did, going from one rolling pin to another, among other things. I don't think most of these guys learn how to wrestle anymore. I know they don't learn how to promote themselves.

RDCW Profile

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
One of the best matches I've ever seen was a tag between Benoit/Malenko vs. Kidman/Mysterio. Great fucking wrestling going on there.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Quote:

PenWing said:
You're not the first person to tell me that. I have heard of these Mysterio/Malenko matches and all of the little technical stuff they did, going from one rolling pin to another, among other things.

Amazing stuff. The Misterio/Malenko/Dragon triumvirate is what really launched WCW's cruiserweight division.

Quote:

I don't think most of these guys learn how to wrestle anymore. I know they don't learn how to promote themselves.

That's the basic problem, isn't it? They bring in all these inexperienced people and are surprised when they fuck up. Most of them don't know what they're doing or how to do it. They just get shoved out on live tv with no idea how to handle it.

25+ posts
25+ posts
I think it's telling that the best new name at the moment is Batista.

Cena is bad, but looks to be shaping up nicely. Give him a few months and I think he might be someone worth watching.

Shelton Benjamin should lose his title and then spend some time lower on the card, working up to pole position.

Of the rest, I think Tajiri is long overdue for a push, and Big Show should win something major.

Give Undertaker the WWE championship. God knows he deserves it.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
You think Benjamin & Cena are not that good but think Tajiri & Big Show are?

Is this Bizarro world or something?

200+ posts
200+ posts
He's a little strange like that.

Tajiri is pretty good though. I saw the Reagal/Tajiri match in Japan and he rocked.

Big Show's the third coolest big guy in the WWE.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Tajiri is a one trick pony.
How many moves does he have outside of kicking people?
Well,he hangs upside down on the ropes & spits in peoples faces!

I am not as down on Big Show as most,but saying he is better than Cena or Benjamin is crazy.
Benjamin is a great wrestler who I initially wasnt impressed with as he kept giving away moves in advance,but has since got into his groove & made one of the biggest pure wrestling impacts in recent memory.
Ok,so his mic skills still have some way to go,but even that is getting better.

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Actually, I was impressed with Benjamin for an entirely different reason. For an amatuer wrestler, he's very good at doing RVD-style kicks.

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
I think one of the reasons I now like him so much is his obvious admiration of Sting!
Even if I hadnt read he was a big fan,I'd have noticed it from his in ring work!

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
And props to JR for calling it a "Stinger Splash" every time Shelton splashes the guy in the corner. You'd think JR would call it something weird, and then comment about the impact on the sternum, but no. He gets it right.

All hail King Snarf!

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Drop toe hold!

25+ posts
25+ posts
Okay, Okay. If he's a Sting Fan I forgive him.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Maybe JR thinks Shelton IS Sting.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
It would be kinda funny if he came out for a match dressed like Sting.

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Quote:

Son of Mxy said:
Maybe JR thinks Shelton IS Sting.

Well, he did call Lita "Jeff Hardy" once, so it's quite possible.

All hail King Snarf!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard