Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#450017 2005-03-17 10:55 PM
Fused Offline OP
3000+ posts
OP Offline
3000+ posts

Whedon Confirmed for Wonder Woman
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures

Silver Pictures, producer of the revolutionary, $3 billion-grossing "Matrix" franchise, has signed Joss Whedon, creator of the phenomenally popular Buffy the Vampire Slayer television series, to write and direct the feature film action adventure Wonder Woman based on the DC Comics character. The announcement was made today by Jeff Robinov, President of Production, Warner Bros. Pictures.

"We are excited about working with Joss," Robinov said. "He brings great energy and creativity to the process. His work on Buffy makes him uniquely qualified to handle the Wonder Woman character."

"There's no one better than Joss to adapt the legendary Wonder Woman comic book character created in the 1940s into a dynamic feature film for 21st century audiences," producer Joel Silver added. "Wonder Woman was the first great female superhero to emerge from comic books and later inspire millions of fans in her television incarnation, but unlike her counterparts Batman and Superman, this groundbreaking heroine has yet to be reinvented for the feature film arena."

"Wonder Woman is the most iconic female heroine of our time, but in a way, no one has met her yet," Whedon said. "What I love most about icons is finding out what's behind them, exploring the price of their power. When Joel and I began discussing the character, I realized there is a woman behind the legend who is very fascinating, very uncompromising, and in her own way, almost vulnerable. She's someone who doesn't belong in this world, and since everyone I know feels that way about themselves, the character clicked for me."

Whedon created and executive produced the hit television series Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which ran for seven seasons on The WB and UPN, based on his screenplay for the 1992 feature film of the same name. Whedon also created and executive produced the successful Buffy spin-off series Angel, and wrote the screenplays for the films Toy Story and Alien: Resurrection. He is currently completing post-production on the feature film Serenity, which he wrote and directed based on his television series Firefly.

Wonder Woman will be produced by Joel Silver and Leonard Goldberg, and is based on the DC Comics character created by William Moulton Marston.

Wonder Woman will be released worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

Fused Offline OP
3000+ posts
OP Offline
3000+ posts
Fire's finally heating up on this project and I couldn't be more stoked.

500+ posts
500+ posts
Sounds good but what draw does this character have? I'd go see it if it's done by anyone other than those that have done Batman movie work. Marvel has set the bar sooooo high DC has it's wrok cut out big time!

Life is short,,,, make it count......
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Quote:

Mr. Lesbo said:
but what draw does this character have?

Big boobs.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
i'd love to see the wonder woman franchise get some rejuvenation, and working with buffy people is a great start, considering all of the success that character has had.

without admittedly reading most wondie issues in the past few years, it does certainly seem like the character is at an impassable stand still, or even moreso put off as a "fun character" than she's been in years. there doesn't seem to be any buzz her way, nor any hope of buzz. any time i've tried to pick up an issue and get into the story, i was so bogged down with excess dialog boxes and confusing continuity that i'd close the comic half way through.

i enjoyed her JLA appearances through the first few writers, her kingdom come persona, her justice league cartoon persona, and other various guest-appearances, but... most of those are moreso characiture, rather than character.

i'd love to see a kick ass flick replenish and renew.

giant picture
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
plus......big boobs.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
The only exposure I've ever had to her is the Justice League cartoon.

Frustrated! . . . with kids!
2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
Quote:

Mr. Lesbo said:

Big boobs.

Ahh man... - Bianca
Ahh woman... - Pat

Bianca & Patrick ~ September 30, 2006
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Would you want Batman to be overweight and bald? They have to remain consistent with the comics.

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Should Superman be an elderly Asian woman? No!

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
well, doesn't serentity have to get finished before he can really get going on this?

Anyway, hopefully he finds someone as fitting as Lynda..I'd rather see someone less busty if she fit the role better...

But, I'm sure he can find a happy medium..

maybe PJP knows a few good greek girls with big boobs...

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
Quote:

Mr. Lesbo said:

Big boobs.

Yeah, that promo poster doesn't do them justice. You can still see her arm up to her wrist...

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

Bianca said:

Ooooops. sorry, B...

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Quote:

Pig Iron said:
well, doesn't serentity have to get finished before he can really get going on this?

Serenity's in post production right now. He shoud be done with it soon.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
i cant wait to see those big boobs.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
wonder woman will be accessorizing in this movie......she'll be wearing a Pearl Necklace! Wakka Wakka!

2500+ posts
2500+ posts
I knew you guys couldn't make it past the first page without making this a jerk-off fest.

Ahh man... - Bianca
Ahh woman... - Pat

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Quote:

Bianca said:
I knew you guys couldn't make it past the first page without making this a jerk-off fest.

i knew someone would have confidence in us!

Kaz Offline
500+ posts
500+ posts
So, Charisma Carpenter as Wonder Woman?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
i thought she died of anorexia?

Kaz Offline
500+ posts
500+ posts
That was Skeletor.

Fused Offline OP
3000+ posts
OP Offline
3000+ posts
Dont let his face fool you, his pecs were pretty stout. I'd say he had a good bench.

Kaz Offline
500+ posts
500+ posts
Psh. Prince Adam was pretty stout, too. So that ain't saying much. I bet Orco was built like Arnold under that robe.

Fused Offline OP
3000+ posts
OP Offline
3000+ posts
Wonder Woman Costume News
Source: SHH

The new issue of Entertainment Weekly has a bit on Joss Whedon writing and directing Wonder Woman and mentions what the costume will NOT look like:

A "Marvel boy," Joss Whedon never really connected with rival house DC Comics' Wonder Woman, but now the guy's madly in love with her and is gonna write and direct Warner Bros.' long delayed feature! "She represents something absolutely pure," says the Buffy creator, who says his Amazon will not, repeat not, wear "star-spangled panties" a la Lynda Carter's TV incarnation. Whedon now sees it as a match made in fanboy heaven. "When I was mulling this over, my friend said, 'Joss, look at your freakin' resume. You have two things on it: wonder and woman. That's all you write!'"

Fused Offline OP
3000+ posts
OP Offline
3000+ posts
I dont know how I feel about this. Initially I was fuckin pissed, but I can accept no stars as long as they are blue V-Shaped bottoms as they appear in the comics. I really really dont want to end up pissed about this.

4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Eh. Costumes that work in comics don't always work on the screen. Look at the X-Men for an example.

Thing is- I can’t spell or type. I spell so badly my spell check doesn’t even know what I was trying to spell. And I have five Eisners HAHAHAHHA!! -Brian Michael Bendis
2500+ posts
2500+ posts
Quote:

Danny said:
Eh. Costumes that work in comics don't always work on the screen. Look at the X-Men for an example.

Looks pretty good for a comics-to-movie transition to me.

Ahh man... - Bianca
Ahh woman... - Pat

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I knew you guys couldn't make it past the first page without making this a jerk-off fest

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
WONDER WOMAN ???

At Sunday's session at Wizard World Long Beach, er, Los Angeles, wunderkind Joss Whedon talked about how he got involved with Themyscria's Finest. "Joel Silver was like, 'you should do 'Wonder Woman,'' and I was like, 'no I don't think so.' But I was thinking about it, so I sent him a memo, saying 'I'm not going to do it, but if I did ..." Then everybody else saw it and was like "you liiiike her." So I really do, and I really am, and I'm gonna make 'Wonder Woman.'" Immediately, some of his "Serenity" cast members raised their hands. "In the sweater," Whedon nodded, referring to actress Jewel Staite. "Can I be in your 'Wonder Woman' movie?" she asked shyly. "I'll love you forever!" Whedon responded, "If Morgan Freeman says no, you are second on the list. Hmm, where will I find a dark haired beauty?" To his left, curvy, raven haired actress Morena Baccarin stared off innocently.

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

"I don't know what I'm do, or how I do, I just do." - Alexander Ovechkin</sub>
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
I just really hope this whole project goes to hell. It's gonna be a disaster if they go through with it. Diana works fine on the page, with her little cult of readers...Let's leave it at that. If you want to see her in motion, we have the excellent television series and numerous animated appearances. After the shit that was Catwoman, I don't want to see another attempt at completely destroying a favorite character of mine.

If karma's a bitch, it will be my bitch!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts

I approve.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
I thought you would. This is the first person mentioned or alluded to that actually looks like she could pull it off.

<sub>Will Eisner's last work - The Plot: The Secret Story of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion
RDCW Profile

"Well, as it happens, I wrote the damned SOP," Illescue half snarled, "and as of now, you can bar those jackals from any part of this facility until Hell's a hockey rink! Is that perfectly clear?!" - Dr. Franz Illescue - Honor Harrington: At All Costs

"I don't know what I'm do, or how I do, I just do." - Alexander Ovechkin</sub>
Fused Offline OP
3000+ posts
OP Offline
3000+ posts
I'd be down with her, even though I have no idea who she is. The whole costume thing is really setting me on edge about the project.

4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Morena Baccarin could work.

Quote:

Bianca said:
Quote:

Danny said:

Looks pretty good for a comics-to-movie transition to me.

I said 'don't always', I didn't say 'never'.

And Christopher Reeve looks good in anything.

Thing is- I can’t spell or type. I spell so badly my spell check doesn’t even know what I was trying to spell. And I have five Eisners HAHAHAHHA!! -Brian Michael Bendis
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Quote:

Danny said:

Even a wheelchair.

Fused Offline OP
3000+ posts
OP Offline
3000+ posts
More Wonder Woman Talk
Source: TV Guide, MTV

In TV Guide's Ask Ausiello, he is asked about the casting of Wonder Woman and says:

I've got good news and bad news for you, Bri. The good news: Such a chance actually did present itself last Thursday, when Joss phoned me during a break from editing Serenity to chat about lassoing Wonder Woman and resurrecting a certain 150-year-old, English vamp on WB (more on that later). The bad news: I never got around to pitching Lawless. I did, however, find out that Whedon is months away from finding his ideal Woman. "Everybody is in agreement that casting is not an issue right now," he says. "It's not a vehicle to be built around a particular star. We want to write the thing, find the right character and then figure out who should play her. There are various famous people whose names have come up, because that always happens, but you know, we're talking about Wonder Woman here. Those are tough booties to fill." That said, it sounds like Whedon knows enough about Lynda Carter's successor to rule out Lawless and (sigh) Graham. "I think we will go a little younger than the traditional idea of Wonder Woman," he says, adding that the new Princess Diana will likely be in her early twenties and played by someone outside the Buffyverse. "It's a movie, not a party for my friends." That certainly bodes well for rumored front-runner Jessica Biel.

Director Joss Whedon also talked to MTV this weekend about the movie and here's a clip:

"I think she sort of sprang out fully formed, much like Athena herself. And, you know, it's a question of really getting behind that. ... In the '40s, when it was first done, she came to the world from Paradise Island and then went about her business, and so that experience, which is really a rite of passage, which is the same as any hero has to go through, has never really been investigated the way I want to. So, to take it back to the beginning and really say, 'Well, really, what was it like for an Amazon princess to come amongst us?'

Fused Offline OP
3000+ posts
OP Offline
3000+ posts
Well... at least shes gonna have booties.

100+ posts
100+ posts
Hope this turns out well ...

... another fan favourite for the role is model Megan Gale ...

Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
Quote:

rex said:
Quote:

Danny said:

Even a wheelchair.

Please, rex, give people time to mourn and heal.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
All I said was that he looked good in a wheelchair.

At least I'm not trying to make him walk in a new movie.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard