1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:
Quote:

rex said:
I've never loved the comics and I didn't watch the television series, but I loved the character very much.

So....wait a sec...if he never "loved" the comics (you know...where she's from), and, he never "watched" the television series, then....what "character" is it that he's "loved"? The Superfriends? The JL animated series? This makes no sense....

you can love the concept but not any presentation of it.
there are plenty of heroes who i love the concept of, but can't stand their stories.

Bow ties are coool.
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:
Quote:

rex said:
I've never loved the comics and I didn't watch the television series, but I loved the character very much.

So....wait a sec...if he never "loved" the comics (you know...where she's from), and, he never "watched" the television series, then....what "character" is it that he's "loved"? The Superfriends? The JL animated series? This makes no sense....

I think I know what he means because I feel the same way.

I like the character, but I've never fallen for her comics. Wonder Woman, has always been very cool, and I think she's been represented well in OTHER comic books, but I have yet to see a writer take her own book in a direction I could appreciate.

I feel the same way about Superman right now. I don't read the books anymore, but I think Supes the character is pretty cool.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Quote:

Wednesday said:
Quote:

Prometheus said:
Quote:

rex said:

I like the character, but I've never fallen for her comics. Wonder Woman, has always been very cool, and I think she's been represented well in OTHER comic books, but I have yet to see a writer take her own book in a direction I could appreciate.

I feel the same way about Superman right now. I don't read the books anymore, but I think Supes the character is pretty cool.

Not even Len Wein/George Perez???? That shit rocked.

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:
Quote:

rex said:

I'm starting to think Joss Whedon impregnated you and ran away.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

Wednesday said:
Quote:

Prometheus said:
Quote:

rex said:

Ah, but, the difference with you is that you have liked her in other comics. In other words, comic books.

The phallacy I'm sensing from the quote is, if he doesn't like her in comic books, and he doesn't like her old television show (and besides hot Carter, who can blame him) then, at what point and from where did he gain his "love for the character"? From what source material is he citing? From where was he exposed to her to love the character?

That's all.

Otherwise, wouldn't it be better to simply be honest and state that he "loves his own idea of what he thinks the character should be"? Much like yourself. Unless you can cite exactly where you first thought WW was written "correctly" (and I'm not saying you cannot), your appreciation for the character comes from either (a) your own interpetation of what you think the character should be (of course, that interpetation had to be built by previously having been exposed to her in some source material somewhere) or (b) having been exposed to a possible undercurrent of cultural awareness of the figure....which, of course, has to originally derive from somewhere else.

I'm just confused by what I percieve from Whedon to be a "catch-all marketing phrase". Kind of like how Avi Arad can say a Marvel movie is true to its source material, and yet, be absolutely nothing like it...save the title of the character him or herself...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

Im Not Mister Mxypltk said:
Quote:

Prometheus said:
Quote:

rex said:

I'm starting to think Joss Whedon impregnated you and ran away.

Well, the fact that he insisted I wear spandex at the time, you can see my frustration...

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
you need to either make up with whedon or let it go, you guys are tearing these boards apart!

4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Serenity will rock. That is all.

Thing is- I can’t spell or type. I spell so badly my spell check doesn’t even know what I was trying to spell. And I have five Eisners HAHAHAHHA!! -Brian Michael Bendis
living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Quote:

britneyspearsatemyshorts said:
you need to either make up with whedon or let it go, you guys are tearing these boards apart!

we've cracked the internet in half!

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

Danny said:
Serenity will suck cock. That is all.

So true, Daniel....so very true...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

britneyspearsatemyshorts said:

But, how can I respect him after the poor reach-around he gave Daddy Roy? How can I, bsams?!

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Quote:

Danny said:
Serenity will rock. That is all.

Fuck yeah!

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

Fused Offline OP
3000+ posts
OP Offline
3000+ posts
I think I worry about this movie more than I would a first born.

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
"Oh, I do hope it has a successful opening weekend, or at least does well internationally..."

All hail King Snarf!

Fused Offline OP
3000+ posts
OP Offline
3000+ posts
Treating Wonder Like Batman
Source: comics2film.com

12:00 AM, 16-SEPTEMBER-05

Joss Whedon, who is writing and will direct the upcoming Wonder Woman movie, told SCI FI Wire that he wants to give the venerable franchise the Batman Begins treatment, making sure fans get what they want: the costume, the bracelets, the lasso, maybe even the invisible jet.

"What's exciting is, like, Batman Begins basically really did a wonderful job explaining exactly why he was a bat and why he had everything on his costume that he did," Whedon said in an interview. "That's the joy of doing an origin story of Wonder Woman. Why does she wear the bracelets? Why does she use the lasso? Like, ... where does all that stuff come from? ... And I have answers for all of that, and it's really fun. So it's not a reinvention like, 'Oh, she's going to dress like Trinity [from The Matrix].'"

Whedon is in the process of writing the script for the movie, which has yet to be cast. "I want to see Wonder Woman as I know her and see her, [and] not ... [just her] star-spangled panties. But she wears the Wonder Woman outfit, and she has the bracelets and all the accoutrements. ... The lasso and, if I can make it work for the plot, the invisible plane. I have a take on it that I think is cool. It's just I'm structuring the plot, and I've got to find a place for it. But I think people want it, and I think I can do it without ... it being campy, believe it or not. And I respect those things. I, in fact, love them."

500+ posts
500+ posts
You mean like having Katie Holmes be Wonder Woman's love interest?

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else. --Will Rogers "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees." - George W. Bush I don't think anybody could have predicted that these people would .. try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile. - Condoleeza Rice Barbara Bush: It's Good Enough for the Poor To comfort the powerless and make the powerful uncomfortable.
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
.....or Donna Troy raped by the Joker?

Fused Offline OP
3000+ posts
OP Offline
3000+ posts
That's asking a bit much, but a pleasant fantasy. At least we all can share solace in the fact that he at least raped Barbara Gordon.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

unrestrained id said:
You mean like having Katie Holmes be Wonder Woman's love interest?

Rack you!

4000+ posts
4000+ posts
I think the rack should really be on Wonder Woman.

Thing is- I can’t spell or type. I spell so badly my spell check doesn’t even know what I was trying to spell. And I have five Eisners HAHAHAHHA!! -Brian Michael Bendis
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

Danny said:
I think the rack should really be on Wonder Woman.

I'll say.

Bow ties are coool.
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Did I ask you to say?!

THE Franta
3000+ posts
THE Franta
3000+ posts
I asked for more BOOBIES

YOU PUT SOUP IN IT!
Kaz Offline
500+ posts
500+ posts
The Invisible Jet is a dumbass idea.

Bob Burden said: Pie for the pirates, wine for the dogs.
Fused Offline OP
3000+ posts
OP Offline
3000+ posts
I know where you live.

Fused Offline OP
3000+ posts
OP Offline
3000+ posts
Wonder Woman Preview - Joss Whedon Talks
by Fred Topel

The Wonder Woman Problem Only Joss Whedon Could Solve: “Finding out who she was, and that’s all I’m going to say.”

Joss Whedon Has Not Already Done Wonder Woman:
    “No because usually, people I write are very, very down to earth and she’s the opposite. She’s somebody who is supposed to be Wonder Woman and spend her life being Wonder Woman but then she’s still as vulnerable and as new at it as anybody else, but she’s the opposite of every character I’ve ever written.”

Wonder Woman Will Still Have Whedonesque Dialogue: “Absolutely. Wonder Woman’s perspective is very serious. But that’s what’s so funny about her. She doesn’t understand the word. She’s a fish, and this is a phrase that I’ve just come up with, who is outside of the water because she’s so pure and so focused that she comes to a world that is so compromised that she understands nothing about, of course there’s going to be humor. And she’s also an intelligent woman, but she’s not a wisecracker. But at the same time, she’s not going to miss an opportunity.”

Joss Whedon on Discovering Another New Starlet for Wonder Woman: “That would be the hope because it would be great to find somebody new. It’s a very tough role and it’s a very specific role, so I can’t think of anybody off hand who’s right for it, so I’d like to meet her.”

I Suggest Morena Baccarin for Wonder Woman: “You’re not the first and believe me, there’s a list. But the list is only in my head because ultimately I have to write the character and then I have to figure out who the person is.”

Joss Whedon on a Lynda Carter Cameo in Wonder Woman: “If it’s right for the movie. I think Lynda Carter’s great. I mean, I ragged on the show but that’s not her. It’s just a question of I’m not going to do something that isn’t integral to the film. If I found something that was right, absolutely, but not if it takes you out of the narrative.”

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
blah blah blah fucking blah. whedon keeps running his mouth and doesn't say shit.

Fused Offline OP
3000+ posts
OP Offline
3000+ posts
C'mon Grimmy. He did say that Wonder Woman was a fish. . .

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

Grimm said:
blah blah blah fucking blah. whedon keeps running his mouth and doesn't say shit.

But, don't you see? He loves "the character"...in no relation to the comics or television show....or, it seems, anything else...

Fused Offline OP
3000+ posts
OP Offline
3000+ posts
Whedon Talks More Wonder Woman
Source: MTV

With Joss Whedon slaving away at his "Wonder Woman" movie, the writer/director reported that he hears fans saying the film should star an unknown actress. "I completely agree with it," he said. "That's not to say I would rule an actress out just because she's famous if she was right for the part. But I like the idea of an unknown because these are some tough booties to fill. It's going to be difficult to find somebody who's beautiful in that particular way, who's got the presence and the acting chops and the physicality. It's a really hard role, and people have an idea of her." He added, "I think [the script will] be done in a few months' time, and then I give it to the studio and they'll say, 'Boy, is it not done!' So, you know, it's a process. It should take some time, but I'm well into it, and I'm having the time of my life."

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

Fused said:
Whedon Talks More Wonder Woman
Source: MTV

With Joss Whedon slaving away at his "Wonder Woman" movie, the writer/director reported that he hears fans saying the film should star an unknown actress. "I completely agree with it," he said. "That's not to say I would rule an actress out just because she's famous if she was right for the part. But I like the idea of an unknown because these are some tough booties to fill. It's going to be difficult to find somebody who's beautiful in that particular way, who's got the presence and the acting chops and the physicality. It's a really hard role, and people have an idea of her." He added, "I think [the script will] be done in a few months' time, and then I give it to the studio and they'll say, 'Boy, is it not done!' So, you know, it's a process. It should take some time, but I'm well into it, and I'm having the time of my life."

If The Translator were here he would say:

Translation......I haven't done shit except spend the money the studio advanced me on cocaine and hookers.....I have no idea what I'm doing.

Fused Offline OP
3000+ posts
OP Offline
3000+ posts
Cocaine, Hookers, Wonder Woman. . .

4 Star post in my opinion!!

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
More rumors...SSDD ... still nada confirmed...

http://www.cinematical.com/2006/06/28/wonder-woman-from-bollywood

Wonder Woman from Bollywood ?
Posted Jun 28th 2006 8:04AM by Mark Beall
Filed under: Action & Adventure, Casting, RumorMonger, Comic/Superhero/Geek, Remakes and Sequels

Hey, it has been a while since we last discussed the whole Wonder Woman casting thing, hasn't it? I'm sorry I've neglected you, dear Wonder Woman news hounds (yes, all five of you). But hey, I'm here to make it up to you now with a real doozy. Today's hot rumor comes to us straight out of Bollywood, from one of India's own comic book actresses. A scooper over at sliceofscifi reports the Whedon camp has expressed some serious interest in actress Priyanka Chopra, most recently of Krrish fame. Apparently, Miss Chopra is popularity incarnate in Bollywood right now, and Whedon thinks her charm might play just as well in the West. This does some pretty serious damage to browncoat hopefuls who have been pulling for Morena Baccarin, as Baccarin was leading the popular rumor races of late. Some thoughts suggest Baccarin's newly accepted regular guest role on TV's Stargate might have resulted in conflicting schedules, but I have trouble believing she'd opt for a few TV guest spots over a major motion picture. If she's out, it's most likely because the Powers That Be have rejected her for some reason. Or possibly even Joss himself ...

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Quote:

harleykwin said:
A scooper over at sliceofscifi reports the Whedon camp has expressed some serious interest in actress Priyanka Chopra

Quote:

hopefuls who have been pulling for Morena Baccarin

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I'll take choice (A), Alex....

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
As much as I love Inara- er, Morena, I have to agree with Pro. I mean DAY-UM! Check out that! That's one Indian dish that makes my mouth water!

All hail King Snarf!

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

Prometheus said:
Quote:

harleykwin said:
A scooper over at sliceofscifi reports the Whedon camp has expressed some serious interest in actress Priyanka Chopra

Quote:

hopefuls who have been pulling for Morena Baccarin

No contest. Choice (b) is cute, but she looks too - what was the word klinton used? twinkie? - for the role of Wondy. But Chopra looks the part not to mention that she has got to be one of the most beautiful women I've ever seen. Additionally, aside from the thousands of comic book geeks and Wondy fans - or just people who will go see a summer blockbuster, really - financially speaking, Chopra has a built in fan base of over a billion people which translates into bookoo bucks in ticket sales.

I like the idea of this chick playing WW.

Quote:

Snarf said:

That's one Indian dish that makes my mouth water!

Eh, personally I like vindaloo.

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Quote:

Wonder Woman Will Still Have Whedonesque Dialogue: “Absolutely. Wonder Woman’s perspective is very serious. But that’s what’s so funny about her. She doesn’t understand the word. She’s a fish, and this is a phrase that I’ve just come up with, who is outside of the water because she’s so pure and so focused that she comes to a world that is so compromised that she understands nothing about, of course there’s going to be humor. And she’s also an intelligent woman, but she’s not a wisecracker. But at the same time, she’s not going to miss an opportunity.”

This comment has me very thankful that I don't have a lot invested emotionally in the success of a Wonder Woman movie.

I'll give Whedon credit for Toy Story(only because I have to), but he's done absolutely nothing else impressive.

MisterJLA is RACKing awesome.
cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Quote:

A "fish out of water" is something he just came up with? Cause that's a new phrase and all.

Quote:

Animalman said:

This comment has me very thankful that I don't have a lot invested emotionally in the success of a Wonder Woman movie.

Why? Seriously, other than the "fish out of water" comment, which isn't new, what about it doesn't sit well with you?

Quote:

I'll give Whedon credit for Toy Story(only because I have to), but he's done absolutely nothing else impressive.

Buffy? Astonishing? Serenity?

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
All three. Thanks.

But this "fish out of water" idea Whedon just created scares me a tad bit.

Page 4 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard