2000+ posts
OP Offline
The somewhat random
2000+ posts
Britney pregnant

Pop tart and hubby Kevin are expecting a baby girl

By JO PIAZZA and LEO STANDORA
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Britney Spears, who has been denying rumors that she was pregnant, confirmed yesterday that she and husband Kevin Federline are indeed expecting a baby girl somtime this fall.

Pop princess Britney Spears is pregnant and her spokeswoman says it's a girl!
Spears, who declared "I'm Not a Girl, Not Yet a Woman" in one of her many hits, finally conceded yesterday that she's going to be a mom.

The singer and hubby, Kevin Federline confirmed one of showbiz's worst-kept secrets in a brief posting to fans on Britney's official Web site.

"The time has finally come to share our wonderful news that we are expecting our first child together," she wrote. "There were reports that I was in the hospital this weekend. Kevin and I just want everyone to know that all is well. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. Love Britney and Kevin."

Britney is believed to be in her fourth month, which would mean she could be singing nursery rhymes by fall.

The happy news came just two days after a frightened Britney, fearing she was having a miscarriage, rushed to a hospital with abnormal bleeding while vacationing in Florida.

But Britney's spokeswoman, Leslie Sloan, told The News "she's okay. Mother and daughter are doing fine."

It will be the first child for the 23-year-old Spears, who married dancer Federline, 27, in September. He has two children with ex-girlfriend actress Shar Jackson.

Britney had steadfastly denied she was pregnant, though her expanding waistline had tongues wagging for months. Recently, she had been spotted in baggy clothes and appeared to have quit smoking and hard partying.

Britney, a former Mouseketeer who once dated singer Justin Timberlake, wedded longtime friend Jason Alexander in Las Vegas last year, a marriage that was annulled after 55 hours.

Although her marriage to Federline eight months later was a tad rocky at the start, the couple plans on sharing the whole experience with the world. Last week they signed with UPN to air a series that will document their courtship and marriage using their personal video footage. "I am now going to be expressing my personal life through art," she said. Federline added, "It is a documentation of love."

The six-part series, airing in late spring, will mostly consist of the newlyweds' home videos, including footage shot shortly after they first met in Los Angeles, when they were in Europe for Spears' curtailed Onyx Hotel tour and their wedding day.

Spears became a worldwide pop phenomenon when she shot to fame with her 1999 debut, "Baby One More Time." She has since sold more than 60 million albums.

Kaz Offline
500+ posts
500+ posts
You should spend more time in the Women's forum.

Link Copied to Clipboard