Print Thread
2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
This is truly sickening.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050503/ap_o...HNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Quote:

Two Md. Women Sentenced in Birthday Attack

BALTIMORE - Two women received maximum prison sentences Monday for their roles in the savage beating of a 12-year-old girl at a birthday party, an attack prompted by a kiss on the cheek from a boy acting on a dare.

Monique Baldwin, 37, was sentenced to 30 years after pleading guilty in March to first-degree assault and second-degree child abuse for instigating other children at the party to beat Nicole Townes, who went into a three-week coma after the attack.

Kenya Keene, 25, received a six-year sentence on reckless endangerment and second-degree assault charges.

"I hope you suffer ... for what you did to my angel," Wayne Townes, Nicole's father, said before the sentences were handed down.

Baltimore Circuit Judge Kaye Allison said she ordered the maximum sentences to send a message that the women's "incomprehensible" behavior won't be tolerated.

Before sentencing, Baldwin and Keene wiped tears from their eyes as prosecutor Julie Drake recounted the beating. Baldwin told other children at the February 2004 sleepover to beat Nicole, instructing them: "Don't stop until she bleeds."

Baldwin apparently had been offended because the boy was supposed to be her daughter's boyfriend. Keene conspired to conceal what had happened when paramedics arrived.

Nicole's sister, Brenda Bailey, 11, was also beaten.

Keene struck the younger girl several times and deliberately delayed obtaining medical treatment for Nicole. When medics arrived, she told them Nicole had suffered a diabetic episode. The misinformation and delay in treatment resulted in a worsening of the girl's condition.

Drake said Nicole doesn't remember the attack. Her father said she was "doing OK," but he declined to elaborate on her condition.

Erin Baldwin, 20, pleaded guilty to first-degree assault and was sentenced to four years in prison and four years probation

Seven other females were also charged in the attack. Charges against four of them were handled in juvenile court.

It's stuff like this that truly makes me believe there's no hope for humanity.

"Well when I talk to people I don't have to worry about spelling." - wannabuyamonkey "If Schumacher’s last effort was the final nail in the coffin then Year One would’ve been the crazy guy who stormed the graveyard, dug up the coffin and put a bullet through the franchise’s corpse just to make sure." -- From a review of Darren Aronofsky & Frank Miller's "Batman: Year One" script
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
I understand monsters like thease don't last to long in prison. I hope that's true.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
Actually, I hope they live to serve their maximum sentences. And suffer as much as possible every minute of it.

Death is too good for them.

"Well when I talk to people I don't have to worry about spelling." - wannabuyamonkey "If Schumacher’s last effort was the final nail in the coffin then Year One would’ve been the crazy guy who stormed the graveyard, dug up the coffin and put a bullet through the franchise’s corpse just to make sure." -- From a review of Darren Aronofsky & Frank Miller's "Batman: Year One" script
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
Too long.

Those kids prolly deserved it.

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
Quote:

Darknight613 said:
This is truly sickening.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050503/ap_o...HNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Quote:

Two Md. Women Sentenced in Birthday Attack

BALTIMORE - Two women received maximum prison sentences Monday for their roles in the savage beating of a 12-year-old girl at a birthday party, an attack prompted by a kiss on the cheek from a boy acting on a dare.

Monique Baldwin, 37, was sentenced to 30 years after pleading guilty in March to first-degree assault and second-degree child abuse for instigating other children at the party to beat Nicole Townes, who went into a three-week coma after the attack.

Kenya Keene, 25, received a six-year sentence on reckless endangerment and second-degree assault charges.

"I hope you suffer ... for what you did to my angel," Wayne Townes, Nicole's father, said before the sentences were handed down.

Baltimore Circuit Judge Kaye Allison said she ordered the maximum sentences to send a message that the women's "incomprehensible" behavior won't be tolerated.

Before sentencing, Baldwin and Keene wiped tears from their eyes as prosecutor Julie Drake recounted the beating. Baldwin told other children at the February 2004 sleepover to beat Nicole, instructing them: "Don't stop until she bleeds."

Baldwin apparently had been offended because the boy was supposed to be her daughter's boyfriend. Keene conspired to conceal what had happened when paramedics arrived.

Nicole's sister, Brenda Bailey, 11, was also beaten.

Keene struck the younger girl several times and deliberately delayed obtaining medical treatment for Nicole. When medics arrived, she told them Nicole had suffered a diabetic episode. The misinformation and delay in treatment resulted in a worsening of the girl's condition.

Drake said Nicole doesn't remember the attack. Her father said she was "doing OK," but he declined to elaborate on her condition.

Erin Baldwin, 20, pleaded guilty to first-degree assault and was sentenced to four years in prison and four years probation

Seven other females were also charged in the attack. Charges against four of them were handled in juvenile court.

It's stuff like this that truly makes me believe there's no hope for humanity.

Did I read the correctly?

Two grown adults instigated (and participated in) an attack on a 12-year-old girl, because a boy who was supposed to be the boyfriend of one of the adult’s kids kissed the girl?

Man, those adults are fucked up.

Props to the judge for passing down the longest sentence, though.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Pariah said:
Too long.

Those kids prolly deserved it.

Ooh, how nihilist!

Lets recal that the beating was because she was kissed on the cheek by a boy. I don't think death is too good for these freaks, but then again.... I believe in Hell.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
Quote:

MisterJLA said:
Did I read the correctly?

Two grown adults instigated (and participated in) an attack on a 12-year-old girl, because a boy who was supposed to be the boyfriend of one of the adult’s kids kissed the girl?

Unfortunately, you did indeed read correctly.

Quote:

Man, those adults are fucked up.

They are indeed, to put it mildly.

Quote:

Props to the judge for passing down the longest sentence, though.

Agreed - although it still doesn't feel like punishment enough. The girl was in a friggin' coma for three weeks. They could have killed her.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

The girl was in a friggin' coma for three weeks. They could have killed her.

Also you don't come out of a 3 week coma and not have some permenant side effects of what ever it was that put you in said coma.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k

Link Copied to Clipboard