Next Thread
Print Thread
2500+ posts
OP Offline
2500+ posts
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/people_anne_rice

Quote:

Anne Rice Gets Biblical in Her Next Book

NEW YORK - Vampires are usually her passion, but Anne Rice is getting biblical in her next book, due out in November from publisher Random House. "Christ the Lord: Out of Egypt" will tell the story of Jesus' early years in his own words.

Excerpts of a lengthy letter that will accompany advance review copies of the book this summer are published in the new issue of Entertainment Weekly magazine.

"For over 10 years I've wanted to do this book — Jesus in his own words," Rice writes. "For five years, I've been obsessed with how to do it, and for the last three years I've been consumed with nothing else."

Rice, who has moved from New Orleans to San Diego, brought the undead back to life in the 1970s with "Interview With the Vampire."

"I'm not a priest," Rice also writes in the letter. "I can't be one. I'll never be able to go to the altar of the Lord and say the words of consecration at Mass, `This is my body. This is my blood.' No, I can't work that magnificent Eucharistic miracle. But in humility, I have attempted something transformative which we writers dare to call a miracle in the imperfect human idiom we possess. It's to bring Him here in the form a story, and that story is Christ The Lord."

Thoughts?

"Well when I talk to people I don't have to worry about spelling." - wannabuyamonkey "If Schumacher’s last effort was the final nail in the coffin then Year One would’ve been the crazy guy who stormed the graveyard, dug up the coffin and put a bullet through the franchise’s corpse just to make sure." -- From a review of Darren Aronofsky & Frank Miller's "Batman: Year One" script
500+ posts
500+ posts
though Anne Rice has a reputation of being Ms. Uber-Goth, I've found some really profound stuff written into her vampire books.

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else. --Will Rogers "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees." - George W. Bush I don't think anybody could have predicted that these people would .. try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile. - Condoleeza Rice Barbara Bush: It's Good Enough for the Poor To comfort the powerless and make the powerful uncomfortable.
The Swizzler....
6000+ posts
The Swizzler....
6000+ posts
Wow.......I'm rather impressed. As dark as her books are, I couldn't imagine her actually being a believer. I wonder if this is more of a publicity stunt and if the whole thing's going to turn out to be total blasphemous anyways!

Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Quote:

PrincessElisa said:
Wow.......I'm rather impressed. As dark as her books are, I couldn't imagine her actually being a believer. I wonder if this is more of a publicity stunt and if the whole thing's going to turn out to be total blasphemous anyways!

Have you read her books? She's insanely catholic...it oozes through every page.

If karma's a bitch, it will be my bitch!
500+ posts
500+ posts
Quote:

klinton said:

Have you read her books? She's insanely catholic...it oozes through every page.

Like I said, there's some really profound religious thoughts and philosophical debates written into her stories. Which I suppose is why she's as good at what she does (gothic fiction) as anyone this side of Mary Shelly.

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else. --Will Rogers "I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees." - George W. Bush I don't think anybody could have predicted that these people would .. try to use an airplane as a missile, a hijacked airplane as a missile. - Condoleeza Rice Barbara Bush: It's Good Enough for the Poor To comfort the powerless and make the powerful uncomfortable.
The Swizzler....
6000+ posts
The Swizzler....
6000+ posts
Ohhhhhh thats right klints, it has been several years. Nevermind....I forgot about her being Catholic.

He tastes of America
15000+ posts
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
Yeah, whaddya think she is... Wiccan?! Pffft!

Only the handmaidens of Satan and Stareena practice that!

He fixes the cable?

Link Copied to Clipboard