Print Thread
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
North America XBox

7/25 Animaniacs: The Great Edgar Hunt

7/26 Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (JLA's note: this game looks incredible. The single player looks limited ( )but it does offer what appears to be a few Multiplayer options.)

Outlaw Tennis

8/08 Madden NFL 06 (FUCK EA, and more importantly, fuck the NFL. This is the first season since 1999 that Sega will not be able to make a NFL game, since EA now has exclusive rights for the next 5 years. I always thought that the Madden games were mediocre at best, and I'm sure this year's version will be more of the same, especially without competition from Sega...)

8/16 Darkwatch
Metal Slug 4 & 5

8/23 187 Ride or Die
Big Mutha Truckers 2
The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
The King of Fighters 2002 & 2003

8/30 MotoGP 3
Namco Museum: 50th Anniversary Arcade Collection
NASCAR 06: Total Team Control

8/31 Pump It Up: Exceed

9/01 Burnout Revenge
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
NHL 2K6
World Poker Tour 2K6

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
North America: PS2

7/26 Delta Force: Black Hawk Down
Graffiti Kingdom
Makai Kingdom: Chronicles of the Sacred Tome
Outlaw Tennis

8/08 Madden NFL 06

8/16 Darkwatch

8/23 187 Ride or Die
The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction

8/30 Namco Museum: 50th Anniversary Arcade Collection
NASCAR 06: Total Team Control

8/31 Pump It Up: Exceed

9/01 Call of Cthulhu: Tainted Legacy
NHL 2K6
State of Emergency 2
Top Spin (JLA's note: This appears to be the PS2 port of XBox's Top Spin, a great tennis game that consistently earned terrific reviews: Like this one
World Poker Tour 2K6

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
North America GameCube

7/25 Animaniacs: The Great Edgar Hunt

7/26 Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life

8/08 Madden NFL 06

8/15 Super Smash Bros. Melee Bundle

8/16 Sonic Gems Collection

8/23 The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction

8/29 Mario Baseball
WWE Day of Reckoning 2

8/30 Namco Museum: 50th Anniversary Arcade Collection

9/01 187 Ride or Die

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Man, the gamecube lineup looks pitiful...
No PC games listed?!
bastard.

I'll let you off the hook this time.

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
North America: PC

7/25 Blitzkrieg Anthology
Codename: Panzers, Phase Two
Lock On: Modern Air Combat

7/26 Advent Rising
BloodRayne 2

8/02 World of Harry Potter

8/08 Firefighter Command: Raging Inferno

8/09 Sacred Underworld

8/10 Rhem 2

8/15 Battleground Europe: World War II Online
Squad Assault: Second Wave

8/16 Battle of Britain II: Wings of Victory
Dungeon Siege II
Madden NFL 06

8/23 Namco Museum: 50th Anniversary Arcade Collection

8/30 Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy

9/01 187 Ride or Die
Agatha Christie: And Then There Were None
Dofus
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Thank you, kind sir.

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
no star wars games anytime soon..shit......

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
http://news.gamewinners.com/index.php/news/3276/

LucasArts has announced that Star Wars Battlefront II will be released simutaneously with the Revenge Of The Sith DVD on November 1st.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Quote:

MisterJLA said:

7/26 Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (JLA's note: this game looks incredible. The single player looks limited ( )but it does offer what appears to be a few Multiplayer options.)

Scratch that. The game is getting some terrible reviews for the Xbox version.

500+ posts
500+ posts
I agree, SCREW EA and Madden football. Black Hawk Down didn't live up to my expectations. I don't know what exactly it is that ruins it for me but it isn't that great. The game to keep an eye on is the new Hulk game. I have a demo of it and holly gamma rays boys & girls it's a ton of green out of control fun!!!! As for the GC things look bad for Nintendo. Even the DS looks like it's a flop. It's hard to imagine Nintendo going the same way Sega has but it sure looks that way. I know I've dumped on Nintendo in the past but I like competition. It keeps all parties at their best.

I know this will never happen but I hope to hell people stay away from Madden 06 and send EA a message. A guy can dream can't he?

Life is short,,,, make it count......
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
He tastes of America
15000+ posts
What's wrong with Madden again? It can't be 'cause it monopolized the market...

He fixes the cable?
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Darkwatch, baby. That's gonna be the game!

And I officially HATE John Madden.

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
Quote:

Mr. Lesbo said:
As for the GC things look bad for Nintendo.

hi, mr lesbo!

Quote:

Mr. Lesbo said:
It's hard to imagine Nintendo going the same way Sega has but it sure looks that way. I know I've dumped on Nintendo in the past but I like competition. It keeps all parties at their best.

nintendo continues to make astounding profits -- even when they have "down" months. in consoles alone, they've profited more from this generation than microsoft or sony. poor, poor nintendo.

Quote:

Mr. Lesbo said:
Even the DS looks like it's a flop.

its outsold the psp in all three major markets: US, japan, and europe -- and unlike the psp, has an amazing upcoming library for the remainder of 05.

not bad for a flop.

Quote:

Mr. Lesbo said:
I know this will never happen but I hope to hell people stay away from Madden 06 and send EA a message.

now you're talkin!

giant picture
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Madden's been using the same tired engine for years. At least since Madden 2000.

The game doesn't have a football feel to it...it seems like the players "skate" or "float" around too much.

I also hate the playbooks.

The 2K series was great. Sometimes the series would take a step back from year to year, but 2K4 was and is my favorite football game of all time.

Too bad 2005 was difficult as all FUCK.

I just hope a new version is released some day. I couldn't give a FUCK about the NFL liscence. Throw in some fake teams, with fake players, and make everything editable, if that's a word.

Yeah.

500+ posts
500+ posts
In the video game market they are very weak. There is ZERO big news from the big "N". DS or GC. Not to mention their next big console system (who cares about that after the N64 & GC flop). There is NO reason to purchase the DS or the PSP but if I had to purchase one over the other,,,, PSP hands down. Why do I want the N64 in my hands (it sucked) when I can have the PS2 with DVD's to watch.

As for the race of the next gen systems, Nintendo is out in the cold. There best shot was with the GC and it has turned out to be a major TURD! The next Nintendo system isn't worth the plastic that fills it's innards! lol No matter how you box up a lame Metroid game or Mario game. It is going to suck. There is ZERO interest in the next gen Nintendo system. Microsoft & Sony baby! Get used to it. lmao Nintendo can't hang with the big boys........ The thing that will hurt Nintendo even more than Sega when they got out of the console market is this. Nobody worth their weigth in worm spit cares about Nintendo games. Mario, Link, Metroid, even the RE games couldn't lift the GC out of the garbage bin. I guess Capcom got their head out of their ass and chose to bring the RE4 game to the PS2. This is the second junk machine Nintendo has made. The GC is a major flop. Microsoft has taken their fire with one console. And they will continue to do so with the 360. The next Nintendo console diserves the coverage they have gotton thus far (ZERO). Junk. Ahhhhhhh, to point out the truth. lol

Life is short,,,, make it count......
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
oh lesbo ... you are my wee video game whomod!

lets straighten this out a bit, mm?

gamecube's 2005 lineup is pretty damn weak. i'll totally agree to that. yes, yes, there is the excuse of it being towards the end of the console's lifespan, and xbox and ps2 are having percentage-based similar slow downs, but... whatever. its undeniable their recent software showing is poor. i'll readily grant you that point.

at the same time, with zelda debuting this holiday season, the $99 smash bros bundle, battalion wars, another pokemon game, a couple'a mario-themed games, and a few other suprises, gamecube is sure to have a hefty lil holiday season. we'll cry no tears for gamecube; again, the poor "TURD" that became the only profitable console of this generation (how do you keep missing that?)

btw ... $1 billion+ spent on your xbox's promotion and hype over 4 years sold ... the same amount of systems globally as the "TURD." ...con...grats on your victory, microsoft

as for the DS... check the sales charts, boyo. its only being outsold by one handheld - the GBA SP! check the software lineup; its stacked! with a buncha fun n'crazy crap! with 6 or 7 million systems sold globally, in less than one year on the market ... thats fucking amazing.

again, no tears, please.

as for the revolution ... you're right, there's not much coverage. another point i'll grant you. why no coverage? because the system is a year (or more) away!

frodo has to host mtv shows on consoles debuting in months, not years.

why you have such a hardon for nintendo, i really dunno. its clear you don't like the systems, and thats cool. i just don't get why you'd constantly go outta yer way to bash something you don't even know that much about?

360 admittedly looks pretty cool. i really like the advances microsoft has made to upgrade its clunky xbox. new software partners, new online features, and a new control design i actually really like. plus, getting a headstart, and the christmas season, is very, very big.

however, its important to note that xbox's current strength was in its capability's superiority ... something it will lose, heartily, to the ps3 a few months later. that could hurt, big time.

giant picture
betrayal and collapse
5000+ posts
betrayal and collapse
5000+ posts
Rob, don't most companies base their success on marketshare (for games) rather than systems sold?

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
not necessarily. truth be told, there are dozens of different sales charts and sources, each with the same level of credability (good or bad, depending on how you wanna see'em)

in the case of the three current gen consoles and their software tallies though, globally, their percentages are about the same as their consoles sold: ps2 dominating, gamecube and xbox roughly tied at a distant second/third.

were you to do a combination of actual monies collected by the companies (meaning through first party means only), nintendo and sony roughly even out in first second leaving microsoft a distant third -- all because nintendo has an amazingly strong first party game production, where as the other two systems do not.

thats part of the reason why nintendo is always so amazingly profitable. its also, in my opinion, part of the reason nintendo (at least the japanese hq, which controls 70-85% of the company) can be arrogant and adamant about not adopting additional strategies.

giant picture

Link Copied to Clipboard