Page 2 of 2 1 2
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
OP Offline
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Quote:

klinton said:
Bigotry is when an organization feels it is within thier power to determine the fates of people who have no desire to associate with that organization.

I never determined the fate of anyone.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
OP Offline
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Quote:

klinton said:
Can it really be called bigotry when you are standing in opposition to a group that is known for judging and condemning others? I mean, if you stood here and mocked the KKK, that would be widely accepted. But the church is no different, really. Their teachings have sparked human intollerance on many occasions...and the more fanatical ones have taken actions similar to the KKK murders (mob action beatings, harrasment and even murder).

That's a pretty weak case when you compare it to the misdeeds of a certain other monotheistic religion. Again, since when do the misdeeds of individuals - misdeeds that are a direct violation of the tenets of the belief system they claim adherence to - invalidate an entire belief system?

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
My salvation is secure regardless of how I spell my religion past midnight.

Seems a rather arrogant thing to say...

Look at he bright side, Jim. We won't have to spend eternity with WBAM or Pariah.

"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives." John Stuart Mill America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between. Oscar Wilde He who dies with the most toys is nonetheless dead.
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
That, however is. I can disslike the teachings of Judeism and not be a bigot, but if I say I don't like jews then I would be considered a bigot. Trust me what I just said may not make sense to you, but it makes sense to everyone else.

that's not completely accurate.
Jews and Muslims are more of an ethnic group than christians are.
And I never said I hate all christians. I said I don't like the ones who preach extreme hatred in the name of Jesus and try to influence government and waste their time on so called "moral issues."
For example, I hate Pariah, because he's a venomous person.
You and Sammitch I have problems with your views but don't really have any personal dislike for you.

Bow ties are coool.
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
OP Offline
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Well I have personal dislike for me, dammit!

Oh. Wait.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
1000+ posts
1000+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Well I have personal dislike for me, dammit!

I didn't realize you were Jewish.

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
OP Offline
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Quote:

theory9 said:
Quote:

Franta said:
Prague?

Ex-cell-ent.

We'll always have Paris.

betrayal and collapse
5000+ posts
betrayal and collapse
5000+ posts
Quote:

Captain Sammitch said:
Quote:

klinton said:
Can it really be called bigotry when you are standing in opposition to a group that is known for judging and condemning others? I mean, if you stood here and mocked the KKK, that would be widely accepted. But the church is no different, really. Their teachings have sparked human intollerance on many occasions...and the more fanatical ones have taken actions similar to the KKK murders (mob action beatings, harrasment and even murder).

That's a pretty weak case when you compare it to the misdeeds of a certain other monotheistic religion. Again, since when do the misdeeds of individuals - misdeeds that are a direct violation of the tenets of the belief system they claim adherence to - invalidate an entire belief system?

I think part of the problem is that so many different viewpoints are attributed to one source--i.e. the Bible. People read things differently, highlight portions as more important than others--sometimes resulting in very extremely dissimilar beliefs.

6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

klinton said:

Bigotry is when an organization feels it is within thier power to determine the fates of people who have no desire to associate with that organization.

I would say to paint Christianity as a whole in the same brush as certain intollerant sects would be more akin to judjing all southerners as though they were KKK members. If you judge all KKK members as racists then that's accurate, because that is a fundimental part of thier identity. To say all Christians are teh same as Fred Felps can be demonstrated as false. Therefore I think it's safe to say it's biggited. The discription you gave of itollerance and judging condemnation may be accurate for some Christians i know, but most i know would not fit your discription.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
Quote:

Jim Jackson said:
Quote:

wannabuyamonkey said:
My salvation is secure regardless of how I spell my religion past midnight.

Seems a rather arrogant thing to say...

I'm not sure if you're making a point or just insulting me. If you're making a point I assume you'll gladly explain why you think what I said is inherently arrogant.

Putting the "fun" back in Fundamentalist Christian Dogma. " I know God exists because WBAM told me so. " - theory9 JLA brand RACK points = 514k
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard