Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts

To anyone who is wondering,I am not doing a Raw review this week.
To be honest,I cannot bring myself to do it.

I am ill but that is not the reason.
Watching this show really brings home how sad this is.
When people die,I rarely cry,but watching other people suffer usually brings me to tears or at least close to tears.

Watching guys like Benoit,Batista,Angle,Mysterio,HHH & Big Show among others,crying is just one of those things that cannot help but pull at the heart strings!
I have shed a tear or two tonight,but I feel no shame in that.

Despite the fact I only know him from tv,Eddie Guerrero just had something that makes you feel like you know him on a more personal level.
I think that says so much about who Eddie was.

The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
I'll be taping the show later on and keeping it for prosperity...as well as Smackdown on Friday.

"Everything will surely be all right." 「絶対大丈夫だよ。」, "Zettai daijōbu da yo."
"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Neo-Geo Forum- Come for the games...stay for TEH DRAMA!!!
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
tivo-ing now.

to see 600 lb, muscle-bound gorrillaman batista just overcome with tears... guys like rey rey, and shawn, and jericho (above), all expressing how they feel. definitely somber. very weird, or ... i dunno... defining? perspective providing? reality setting? i dont even know what it is. startling, to say the least.

but its also kinda nice, y'know, t'see how close knit everyone is, and how it really is like a family.

very nice tribute.

giant picture
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Quote:

Nowhereman said:

I am ill but that is not the reason.
Watching this show really brings home how sad this is.
When people die,I rarely cry,but watching other people suffer usually brings me to tears or at least close to tears.

Watching guys like Benoit,Batista,Angle,Mysterio,HHH & Big Show among others,crying is just one of those things that cannot help but pull at the heart strings!
I have shed a tear or two tonight,but I feel no shame in that.

Despite the fact I only know him from tv,Eddie Guerrero just had something that makes you feel like you know him on a more personal level.
I think that says so much about who Eddie was.

Everybody loved Eddie......this is very sad. He was the funniest SOB there was.

PJP #595467 2005-11-15 2:47 AM
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
gotta say, this is a great frickin episode.

the matches have been absolutely top notch, even the retarded eugene and girls matches have been decent.

but the wrestler-comment parts have been beautiful. i'm really glad they went ahead and did this show, despite going through, what im sure, is unbelievable pain. its really touching, and certainly an amazing tribute to eddie and his family.

giant picture
Rob #595468 2005-11-15 2:52 AM
living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
I've shed many tears tonight.

this is a fantastic show. the best in years. the video they played, "hurt" very fitting.

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
I was brought to tears several times. Very somber, very moving show, but also quite entertaining. I feel that is up in Heaven, smiling.

Because he just filched Jesus's wallet.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Eddie's family and friends.

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Yeah, Eddie was one of my 3 favorite wrestlers. I haven't watched wrestling that much recently, but watching this show tonight brought home what a great person eddie was.Like Nowhereman said, sometimes you can relate to and feel you know someone. Eddie Guerrero was one of those people. seeing someone like big show literally breaking down shows what impact he had on the locker room and his good friends like Chavo, benoit, etc...Eddie was that good, that funny, and that entertaining. It's always sad when someone passes, but it is especially difficult this time, because eddie was that important I feel.

I always listen to the radio at night when I'm sleeping and I rarely wake up until i get up. But strangely, I actually heard the news clip saying eddie had passed. I immediately woke up and tivo'd Raw. I don't do stuff like that...I was just feeling "Oh, fuck..that fucking sucks." The first thing that came to mind was that goofy ass skit with him, Chavo and the baby..that was hilarious.

500+ posts
500+ posts
I also cried during Benoit and Stephanie. I can only imagine what it was like for those who were into wrestling at least enough to know what went on in the superstars' lives.

It's all good about the Raw review, Nowhereman. I almost wouldn't call this a Raw episode, understandably so with no PPV trailers or recaps or stuff like that.

My new sig for Eddie....

Eddie Guerrero said
"I've been here before. Backed into a corner, another huge obstacle, time to make a choice. You seem to be a bit preoccupied, Brock. You're not gonna be facing Eddie Guerrero the opponent tonight. You're gonna be facing Latino Heat!! They say there's No Way Out. I can think of at least one, ese (sp?). Can you?"
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
One of my buds over at the Official WWE Wrestling Thread at the Neo-Geo Forum posted this. This is cold what was said:

Quote:

Date Added: November 14, 2005
Story By: Ryan Clark
Anthony P. Landrosh sent in the following letter to me. He said that he was listening to ESPN radio earlier today, "The Herd With Colin Cowherd", and Colin Cowherd said some rude comments about Eddie Guerrero's passing. He accused Eddie and other wrestlers of steroid use. Cowherd said, "who cares that he died" and that Guerrero's death was not "newsworthy." He also started speculation on the "unknown causes" of his death. Colin Cowherd has a subsite on ESPN.com.

Nate Dickey sent this: UPDATE: Please make another post informing the viewers that you can call ESPN at 860-766-2000. They can call, they will have to ask to speak to a customer service person, that way the voice of fans can be heard. Hopefully Colin the Coward Coherd will be fired. Thanks.

Anthony Walters sent in a link to me if you'd rather e-mail the people in charge of ESPN radio instead of call them on the phone. Visit http://sports.espn.go.com/sitetools...tact/radio.html to go to that page.

You can personally voice your thoughts to Colin Cowherd as a person sent me his e-mail address. You can e-mail him at cmcowherd@aol.com.

Prowrestling.com

"Force without Master, heed the call of my Staff of Dreams, and become my power! SECURE!!!"
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
In happier news, Smackdown vs. Raw 2006 comes out tomorrow for PS2. Normally, my tradition is to play through the season mode with Chris Jericho for the first time. This year, I will break tradition and play as Latino Heat Eddie Guerrero.

All hail King Snarf!

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Something tells me Eddie will be inducted into the hall of fame next year.
It will be a tradgedy if he isnt,especially when you consider the impact he so obviously had on both the fans & his colleagues.
Last night was a testement to how much everyone loved him.

It was fully expected that Chavo,Benoit & Rey were gonna be overwhelmed,but seeing people like Batista,Steph,HHH,Big Show,Booker & Angle unable to control their emotions,really shows you how wide ranging his prescence was.

One of the most emotional moments I saw though was a guy in the crowd comforting a child.
I dont know who either of them were,but that just about summed up how this has effected everyone!

This show was so much more than just a tribute to Eddie,it was a true work of love.
The lowrider on display,the t-shirts worn by various stars,the black arm or wrist bands & of course the eulogys performed by the stars were all from the heart.

Its sad that it takes something like this to make us all realise that guys like Vince,HHH & Big Show,are all too human.

Thankyou WWE.
Thankyou Vince.
Thankyou for doing something as honest as we saw last night.

Viva la raza
Viva la Eddie

I Am Groot
5000+ posts
I Am Groot
5000+ posts
Quote:

Nowhereman said:

Under the circumstances, I can see why.
I suspect the tone at the Survivor Series is going to be a lot more subdued than usual.

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
Vickie Guerrero speaks on Eddie's autopsy report
wwe.com

After the untimely passing of Eddie Guerrero, WWE and the entire sports-entertainment community is still reeling from the devastating loss of a champion. The initial autopsy reports on Guerrero have come in. WWE.com spoke with Eddie’s widow, Vickie Guerrero, earlier today.

“It was heart failure. It was from his past – the drinking and the drug abuse. They found signs of heart disease. She (the examiner) said that the blood vessels were very worn and narrow, and that just showed all the abuse from the scheduling of work and his past. And Eddie just worked out like crazy all the time. It made his heart grow bigger and work harder and the vessels were getting smaller, and that’s what caused the heart failure. He went into a deep sleep.

As soon as they saw his heart, they saw the lining of his heart already had the heart disease. There was no trauma, and Eddie hadn’t hurt himself in any way. It answered a lot of questions. I knew Eddie wasn’t feeling very good for the last week. He was home and kept saying he wasn’t feeling good and we thought it was just “road tired.” So we thought he just had to rest. It answered a lot of my questions, too, because he was just so exhausted. She said it was normal because the heart was working so hard.

When he didn’t call me last night and the night before I knew it was for real, because he would call me every night. I miss his phone calls. I cried through the whole thing (last night).

I loved his laugh. His laugh was the best.

We just celebrated his four-year sobriety last Thursday. We just thought we had life by the handful. We thought we had it all figured out. He worked so hard to make a better life for us.

I’m just overwhelmed by how people are coming out. It’s touched my heart a lot.

Everybody was just in awe last night in how beautifully everything was put together.

All my life was wrestling. All he did was take care of them and live for that. And I don’t know what to do now.”

giant picture
Rob #595477 2005-11-15 5:38 PM
Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts

giant picture
Rob #595478 2005-11-15 9:56 PM
You're looking at it
200+ posts
You're looking at it
200+ posts
So Colin Cowherd say no one cares that he died? We, the fans, the faimly, and the superstart care don't we? Then he immediately brings up steriods as the specific, even though it turned out to be heart failure? Does he think he's a doctor who happens to "work" for ESPN as a day job?

*crunch*

*PTOO*

That's beyond not fucking cool.

So what if he had so many obstacles in his life. He's Eddie Guerrero! His Latino Heat was cool and yet so hot, much like pop tarts.

Get Colin Cowherd fired, then tie him to an apple tree. Carlito will take it from there.

I spit in the face of people who don't want to be cool.

"Please explain to me how a shoulder injury can stop you from refereeing. Surely he could count to three with his other arm!" - Nöwheremän

-6,000 points
(That's 6,000 below zero for you non-math-gifted mods who are not cool enough to know that one million has six zeros (not nine))
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Quote:

Nowhereman said:
One of the most emotional moments I saw though was a guy in the crowd comforting a child.
I dont know who either of them were,but that just about summed up how this has effected everyone!

That, coming right after seeing Benoit in tears, caused me to lose it and I started bawling like a baby.

All hail King Snarf!

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I haven't really watched wrestling that much lately, but he was definitely one of the few that stood out. If the WWE had more wrestlers like him, I would start watching again.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
rex #595482 2005-11-16 1:28 AM
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
Star wrestler's family will hold funeral in Scottsdale, AZ

As reported in today's Arizona Republic...

Nov. 15, 2005 12:00 AM

If fans want to pay their respects to pro wrestling superstar Eddie Guerrero, they will likely have to stick to Web logs and fan clubs.

Details of Guerrero's Scottsdale funeral will not be made public.

He was found dead in his hotel room Sunday morning in Minneapolis, where he was scheduled to appear that evening in a wrestling event.

World Wrestling Entertainment, the Connecticut-based corporation that featured Guerrero on its series WWE Smackdown, announced that Thursday's funeral will be private to avoid an overflow of fans.

"Eddie loved his fans," said Joe Villa, a WWE spokesman. "But if the funeral was publicized, thousands of people would show up."

Guerrero, 38, moved his family to Scottsdale from Florida less than a month ago, Villa said. The family has relatives in the Valley.

Fans united on the Internet on Monday, as chat rooms continued to buzz with news of his death and several Web sites posted messages to honor the man nicknamed "Latino Heat."

Some fans in the WWE chat room said they had been crying since they heard Guerrero's body was found. Many had questions about what killed him.

"Eddie, we will always remember you," one chatter wrote. "R.I.P. Eddie," another wrote. Yet another wrote, "I can't stop crying."

According to the WWE Web site, the wrestler is survived by his wife, Vickie; and daughters Shaul, 14; Sherilyn, 9; and Kaylie Marie, 3.

Guerrero's on-air archnemesis, John Bradshaw Layfield, said Guerrero was popular because he was personable and exuded an energy that drew fans into the match.

"Eddie was as passionate as anybody I've ever seen," said Layfield, who goes by the persona "JBL." Despite the on-air feud between the two men, Layfield said he and Guerrero were good friends. Guerrero was a groomsman in Layfield's wedding.

"He was probably the greatest performer I've ever been in the ring with . . . it was like being out there with electricity," Layfield said. "It was intoxicating.

After Guerrero didn't respond to a wake-up call in his hotel room Sunday morning, his nephew, fellow WWE wrestler Chavo Guerrero, and hotel security staff members forced their way in and found him on the floor, authorities said.

News of his death hit some fans hard, as many turned to Internet chat rooms to try to find out why he died and to share their grief.

The WWE posted messages from fans who submitted e-mails.

"I was extremely happy when he became WWE Champion because me as a Mexican-American had someone to look up to," wrote Adrian Ruiz, a fan. "I know this loss must be tough on the Guerrero family so I would like to say that Eddie may be gone but he has left a legacy that will never be matched."

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Raw apparently did a 4.5 rating in the US,which is the highest its rated all year!

The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
Quote:

Nowhereman said:
Raw apparently did a 4.5 rating in the US,which is the highest its rated all year!

Too bad it had to be under unfortunate circumstances. Still, it was the best RAW show I've seen in a good long time.

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
It was the best RAW in a long time because of something that's been missing for a long time: heart. The ECW show had it, and last night's RAW had it in SPADES. I suspect Smackdown will also have much heart.

All hail King Snarf!

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
did anyone catch the MSNBC special tonight?

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
I missed it.

All hail King Snarf!

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
http://www.stormwrestling.com/111505.html

Quote:

Eddie

November 15, 2005

I really have no idea what I’m about to write; I just feel the need to write something. I, like everyone else, was stunned by the news of Eddie Guerrero’s death. One of my students left a voice mail message on my cell phone that I got Sunday morning when I woke up. It was not the way I wanted to start my day.

I didn’t actually know Eddie all that well. We had never gotten together outside of the arena and to be honest never really spoke much inside it, but despite that there was a bond between us, a closeness that had no reason for being. I don’t know if it was just his amazing sincerity or our mutual friends and respect for this business that made me feel closer to him than I really was. Every time I saw Eddie, I was greeted with genuine emotion and love I can’t explain. His face would light up and you just felt that he cared. This is a unique quality I’ve never seen in anyone else. Eddie had the ability to touch people inexplicably. Eddie was a guy I only worked once, never went out with, and as sad as this sounds I can’t recall a conversation between us that lasted more than a couple minutes, yet some how I always felt close to him. I felt a genuine love and connection to Eddie, which I can’t for the life of me explain. I guess he was just a special person that way, he loved people, and I for one felt that love and will always be grateful for it.

I first met Eddie in Japan when we both worked an interpromotional event called “The Sky Diving J” I opened the show that night and he closed it in the main event. He stole the show that night as he did so many nights, and from that day on I knew I wanted to work with Eddie Guerrero. It took almost 7 years for that match to come about, as our career paths never seemed to cross. We missed each other in ECW and WCW, and were almost exclusively on different brands in WWE.

Our one match was a strange one, which only a select few people got to see. It wasn’t on RAW or SmackDown, Velocity or Heat, nor PPV, it was at a house show in where else? Calgary…Alberta, Canada. It was a SmackDown house show and I was on RAW. RAW was on an overseas tour, which I was left off of. With me being a hometown boy and at home I was added to the event as a last minute special appearance. I was scheduled to do a Brother Love interview segment, but that was about to change.

I was sitting in the locker room in my street clothes, as the first match headed to the ring (my interview segment was going to be after the 7th or 8th match). Vince McMahon was doing house shows at that time with Zack Gowen, and he arrived at the building and decided to shake the card up a little. He walked up to me and says, “You know what match I’d pay to see tonight? … Lance Storm vs. Eddie Guerrero for the United States Title (Eddie was champ at the time). Let’s put that match on second.”

SECOND! I kid you not. The first match has already started and I’m sitting in the locker room in my street clothes. Thankfully I was taught to always be prepared and I had my gear in the car. I bolted to the parking lot to get my stuff while praying the first match goes a little long. Someone went to find Eddie to tell him his scheduled match had both been changed and bumped up. As I’m scrambling to get my gear on before my music plays Eddie walks into my locker room cool as can be. These aren’t the exact words but I bet there damn close,

“You and me tonight?”

“Yep” I replied

“Okay, since you’re from here, I’ll be the heel. (Eddie was technically a baby face at the time) When you’re done your comeback and hit all your false finishes go to give me a German, I’ll back kick you and hit you with the frog splash, okay?”

“Sure, whatever you want. That’s your music, I’ll see you out there.”

“You got it?”

“When I’m done, I’ll go for the German”

That was it; that was all we had. We had never stepped in the ring together before, and we were going to the ring with, “When I’m done I’ll go for a German.” I was still taping my wrists and putting on my elbow pads on the way to the ring, no warm up, no stretching, nothing. The match was far from perfect, more my fault than Eddie’s trust me, but it was far better than it had any right to be. He called the entire thing and we went likely 15-20 minutes. Arena reports from fans praised the match but I was never happy with it. I knew Eddie and I could have done better, I had wanted to work Eddie for years and knew we could have stole the show had we had the chance. I wanted to give both Eddie and the fans my best and I don’t feel that I did. I always hoped to have the chance to do that match right, but sadly now, we know that will never happen.

I’m not entirely sure why Vince put us on in such a tough spot. The office, at the time, was pushing to the younger guys the importance of being able to just go to the ring and work, and perhaps this was both a test for me, and a demonstration to the younger guys that it could be done. Either way Vince thanked me for the match and I think respected my ability to answer his challenge. Truth be told it wasn’t that much of a challenge, I was in the ring with Eddie Guerrero, it would have been much tougher to have a bad match.

You will be missed Eddie, you were a great person, and an unparalleled performer. I will miss our unexplained closeness, and I will miss watching you work. When wrestling is done right it is art, and Eddie, my friend you were an incredible artist.

My deepest sympathies and condolences to Eddie’s family, I cannot fathom the pain and loss you are experiencing, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Lance Evers

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
It doesnt matter how many of these testimonials I read,they all tell the same story in the end.
They all tell a story of how much of a good man Eddie was.

From Shane Helms to Test,everyone has said great things about him.

The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
Jim Ross remembers Eddie Guerrero
Nov. 15, 2005

Eddie Guerrero and I had a special relationship that came together over time. The catalyst was the challenges this wonderful human being faced in his daily life. I know our relationship was special because I can feel it so strongly in my heart at this very moment — and because Eddie told me so this morning in a dream.

I managed the talent roster for WWE when Eddie was hired at WWE. I had known him and his famous wrestling family for years prior to Eddie becoming a WWE Superstar. But it was after Eddie came to WWE that our relationship became diverse, involved, and, luckily for me, one of the most rewarding and valued relationships I have ever developed in this business. Unfortunately, this unique industry is not famous for people building long-term relationships with their peers that last a lifetime. That’s another story for another time.

I will never forget Eddie. I will never forget the face-to-face, spirited discussions we had over his demons. I will never forget the moment we finally reached common ground, with tears flowing and hugs abounding. We both knew we had turned the corner and now there was a fighting chance for this amazing wrestler to live out the balance of his life clean and sober. Eddie got the help he needed. He returned to us a better man, and he became an even bigger star. Eddie Guerrero is easily one of the 10 best in-ring talents I have seen in 33 years in this business. I was so proud of Eddie, and I told him so every single time I saw him from the day he returned to work until the last time I saw him at SummerSlam.

Eddie seemed a little tired at SummerSlam in August when I saw him at the MCI Arena in Washington, D.C. But when our eyes locked he immediately had an ear-to-ear grin on his face and we embraced like long lost brothers. I guess in a way we were brothers … of the wrestling business. I kidded him about stealing the show at SummerSlam and how that might not sit well with those that had to follow “Latino Heat.” He smiled that mischievous smile of his that we all grew to love because that was exactly what Eddie had on his mind. I wished him good luck and told him how excited I was to be able to sit and watch his match just like a regular fan. We hugged for a few moments but not nearly long enough — as I realized when the news of my friend’s death reached me early Sunday morning.

Eddie, I am sorry I could not be a part of your tribute on Monday Night RAW. But you know my heart was there and you know that I will never forget you or what you have meant to me. You once told my wife that I saved your life. I don’t know about that, but I do know this: You definitely made my life better by me simply knowing you. Eddie, you constantly reminded me that “respect” is still the top priority for being a wrestler — even though it doesn’t always seem that way to everyone in this generation. I hope the young wrestlers in this business continue to look to you for inspiration and guidance. You were a wonderful inspiration to me and to so many others — not only as a wrestler but as a husband, father, brother and friend.

I want to smile as I remember you now because I am weary from crying. Goodbye “Uncle Eddie,” until we see each other again. —Jim Ross

The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
The CLOW Master!!!
500+ posts
Eddie Guerrero was laid to rest today in a private ceremony in Scottsdale, AZ. There were a small gathering of fans outside of the cemetery and they were allowed to enter and pay their respects to Eddie though police officials asked them not to bring their cameras in.

A reminder that tomorrow night WWE Smackdown will have a tribute to Eddie Guerrero, which was taped the same night as WWE RAW was. If you get a chance to watch this, please do

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
watching Smackdown now.

1 post
1 post
I am retiring this ID out of respect. Eddie's book is available now and all proceeds go to his family. It's well worth the read.

Cheat to win! In memorium 1967-2005
3000+ posts
3000+ posts
Dead guys don't talk!!

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
Quote:

The Bad Guy said:

Eddie died in his sleep last night.

wwe.com has the info