OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
 -

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
[woooOOOOoooo!]

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
"You wanna be the man, you've got to beat the man! [woooOOOOoooo!] "

few posts
few posts
Stylin n profiling [woooOOOOoooo!]

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://www.1wrestling.com/news/newsline.asp?news=16453

WWE'S ULTIMATE RIC FLAIR DVD COLLECTION A ROARING RETAIL SUCCESS

by Mike Johnson Updated: 11/20/2003 6:07:25 PM

If you are looking for the WWE Ultimate Ric Flair Collection DVD set and can't find it, you aren't alone.

The entire first printing run of the three volume set dedicated to the former NWA, WWF and WCW World champion has sold out in two days, making the release one of the most popular and profitable in WWE history. What that means in layman's terms is that every copy printed by Sony has been ordered and shipped out to retail and online store outlets, thus Sony has had to order an additional printing. For mass market DVDs of films, this is not an unusual event. For a wrestling DVD, however, that's a different story.

"It's incredible," said one retail source. "We've sold four times more than we usually do for WWE DVDs, and this has only been out for two days."

Sony is rushing another printing out, but it won't be available for shipping until next week. If you are looking for the DVD and come across it in your local store, don't pass it up. You may not be so lucky if you go back for it later.

The collection features complete classic matches against Ricky Steamboat, Terry Funk, Harley Race, Sting, and Barry Windham as well as Flair's complete 1992 Royal Rumble victory for the WWF championship.

For those of you who have ordered it through our affiliate store at, www.1wrestlingshop.com, they report you should only expects a 1-2 day delay in orders.

500+ posts
500+ posts
i'm enjoying watching this right now. [woooOOOOoooo!] [woooOOOOoooo!] [woooOOOOoooo!] [woooOOOOoooo!] [woooOOOOoooo!]

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
fucker! the company i ordered from sold out and put me on the back order list!

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Shoulda went with Highspots, man.

I got the Flair DVDs and the Wrestlecrap book from 'em. Ordered 'em Tuesday night, shipped Wedensday, had 'em by Friday.

And yes, the DVDs kick ass. Full Royal Rumble 1992, Two out of the Three Flair/Steamboat matches are presented in their entirety, and the footage from Starrcade '83 is a Wrestling Fanboy's fucking wet dream.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
yep, thats what i get for ordering from a discount chain, i thought i was getting a sweet deal at 18.95 not so sweet if i gotta wait a couple extra weeks....

500+ posts
500+ posts
paid just shy of $40 for my copy, but it was the only place i could find it(and dammit, it was well worth it to have it NOW). plus for some strnge reason amazon said they were sold out a few weeks before(considering this thing sold out itin 2 days, i can see why).

1500+ posts
1500+ posts
Must I resign my fate to spreading the word about Highspots.com?

26 bucks! That's all it was (less shipping). With Shipping... maybe 30.

That's what you'd be paying in Best Buy, assuming they ever got around to carrying it!

They're also the only place with the Wrestlecrap book that's shipping it!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://www.highspots.com/www/stores_app/index.asp?store_id=125&AffiliateID=91

be kind and use this link to highspots, my wrestling site gets a kickback!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
new flair interview from WWE.Com
quote:
Interview with Ric Flair
by Phil Speer

SAN JOSE, Calif. – Dec. 2, 2003 -- With Kurt Angle injured, among others, RAW Superstar Ric Flair agreed to take part in the Passport to SmackDown! Tour. That means Flair attended RAW and SmackDown! this week before catching the charter to South Korea. And whereas every other Superstar will get a day to rest next week when they return to the U.S., Flair will go straight to RAW the moment he touches down. Flair talked about taking part in the tour, his new DVD and his match with Shawn Michaels at the Dec. 12 Madison Square Garden live event in this interview.

WWE.com: How do you feel about going on this tour?

ADVERTISEMENT
Flair: I’m excited about it. I like representing the company, and this is one of the capacities I’d hope to represent them in. Even though I’m wrestling, I kind of think of myself as a spokesperson for the company when I do this kind of stuff, especially when I do media like I’ve done this week for the tour. I think it’s important sometimes to have someone that’s been around for a while to talk on behalf of the company. One of the first questions you get is, “How has the business changed?” No pun intended, but if you haven’t seen the evolution of the business the last 20 years, it’s hard to explain and answer those questions. But I have seen it change. I’m just real excited to be part of the company at this level. It’s all very positive.

WWE.com: Have you wrestled in all three of these countries?

Flair: Yes. I’ve never been in Perth, but I’ve wrestled in Australia. This will be my seventh or eighth trip to Singapore. I went in the 80s quite a bit.

WWE.com: How many countries have you competed in now? It’s got to be in the 30s or 40s.

Flair: Oh, I’m sure. I’d have to think back. But the only place I haven’t wrestled in that area of the world is Bangkok. Never in Thailand. But everywhere else – Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan. (I’ve been to Japan) so many times I can’t keep track.

WWE.com: When did you find out you were going on this tour, and what was your reaction?

Flair: They asked me two weeks ago. I had no problem with it. They’ve been so good to me about putting my schedule around my kids’ athletic events and stuff at home. It’s not in any way, shape or form a heroic move. People say things like that, but I’m just glad to be going. It’s a great bunch of guys to hang out with. How can you go wrong? And it’s not like it’s hard. The length of the trip is the only difficult part.

Staying in a beautiful hotel, having a great time, which I always do, in a beautiful city is not hard on anybody. Singapore is awesome. When I was in Seoul last time it was cold. It’ll be warm this time. And Perth, Australia, I’ve never been there, but I’ve heard it’s absolutely wonderful.

WWE.com: Did you bring your passport?

Flair: No. Do I need it? (Laughs)

WWE.com: I heard that you forgot your passport leading up to the last tour.

Flair: Yeah, I forgot my passport as we were leaving to go to Australia. My wife had to put it on a plane. We have a friend who works for the airlines. WWE.com: This time they called you …

Flair: Yeah, they reminded me.

WWE.com: How does it feel to be going over there with the SmackDown! crew?

ADVERTISEMENT
Flair: It’s great. I don’t get to see these guys very often, so it’ll give me a chance to catch up with them (and) watch their show. When I’m home, believe it or not, I try to catch some of it. But with my kids’ stuff going on – which is like a Tuesday (and) Thursday night thing, all the time – I don’t get to watch the show that much. It’s just fun to be around the guys. This is what I’ve been doing my whole life. It’s fun for me, and it’s rewarding to see what’s going on and to be part of it at this level, especially at my age.

WWE.com: Everybody else on the tour will get a little bit of time to recuperate upon returning to the U.S. But you’ll go straight to RAW. How do you feel about that?

Flair: I’ve done that stuff for years. No big deal, I promise.

WWE.com: Your DVD has been very well received by the fans and the Superstars. You must be getting some good feedback.

Flair: Yeah. I’ve only seen part of it because I just haven’t had time, but I’ve heard a lot of positive things. I guess it’s selling well, and the people like it. I think all the guys who have watched it liked it real well because they’ve certainly come to tell me.

WWE.com: I don’t believe you’ve ever wrestled Shawn Michaels one on one at Madison Square Garden …

Flair: Never. Never. I’m real excited about that. I’ve only wrestled Shawn on TV one time alone, and then once in Australia alone, and then of course the pay-per-view (June’s Bad Blood). So I’m really excited about that. (I’m) legitimately excited about wrestling Shawn at the Garden. It’s something that will go down … I mean, I know that Vince (McMahon) will be there. The whole RAW crew will be there.

It’s one of those places where everybody will be watching through the curtain. I’m real excited about having a chance to wrestle Shawn. I’ve been around Shawn a lot the last couple months, and I think that he, right now, is as good as he ever was. So I need to get myself mentally in that gear so I can give him the kind of match he deserves.

WWE.com: Generally speaking, do you enjoy wrestling at the Garden?

ADVERTISEMENT
Flair: Yeah. Being honest with you, I think the Garden is great (and) New York is great. I know that it’s considered the home of WWE, and I think that’s an important venue for them. We like to draw well there. We always want to give the fans the best because the Garden is the Big Apple. It’s New York. But I’m more excited that I’m going to wrestle Shawn there than I am about wrestling in the Garden because Shawn is the guy.

WWE.com: I would imagine that even though this is a non-televised event, that you guys are still going to go full throttle out there.

Flair: Well, I go full throttle whether TV is on or not, to the best of my ability. I don’t need a TV camera to go full throttle. I’ve always prided myself in that. My whole career, I’ve gone full throttle. Whether the house has got 200 people, 2,000 or 20,000. You’ve got to get 2,000 to get back to 4,000, and 4,000 to get to 8,000 before you can get to 20,000. So you’ve got to work hard. That’s what it’s all about.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
quote:
Flair: Well, I go full throttle whether TV is on or not, to the best of my ability. I don’t need a TV camera to go full throttle. I’ve always prided myself in that. My whole career, I’ve gone full throttle. Whether the house has got 200 people, 2,000 or 20,000. You’ve got to get 2,000 to get back to 4,000, and 4,000 to get to 8,000 before you can get to 20,000. So you’ve got to work hard. That’s what it’s all about.

thats why he is The Man! [woooOOOOoooo!]

1 post
1 post
I asked for my copy as a holiday gift. Can't wait to watch it!

Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
Tully sure got old.

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Just got a copy for christmas, along with Bloodbath.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Just saw Funk vs Flair at Clash of the Champions.

Terry Funk's chest must have had welts for weeks after that match.

Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts
I found the Easter Eggs list I'd made a while back. so in case there's anybody on here who hasn't seen em:

Disc One

highlight Windham chapter
press right
you get a Flair interview

Disc Two
highlight Day in the Life of Horsemen
press left
you get a Flair WCW promo

under the Steamboat bonus materials
highlight the main title
press right
you get a Flair promo about Dusty Rhodes

Disc Three
under Rumble bonus materials
select play
hit left
hit enter
you get another 80's promo

on the main menu select Flair's beer can
hit play
you get Flair's entrance video

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I remember buying this like it was yesterday... ......where the fudge have the past 2 years of my life gone?

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I remember buying this like it was yesterday... ......where the fudge have the past 2 years of my life gone?

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

Grimm Offline OP
living in 1962
15000+ posts
OP Offline
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Quote:

PJP said:

sucked into the boards, like the rest of us.

Link Copied to Clipboard