Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Quote:

britneyspearsatemyshorts said:
it was pretty entertaining btw, it wasnt high art whatever the fuck that means, but it was cool seeing ghost rider kick some ass!

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
OP Offline
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:
Quote:

Ghost Rider was a good fun movie

eva mendes is fucking hot

25+ posts
25+ posts
Both Marvel Enterprises and Sony Pictures Entertainment are just $$$. There is no point in argue about these companies. Plain suck and just greedy. Marvel have not made any good comic since since Superman/Batman and thats is DC. Simple said.

Rest in peace (George Limberstone (US 1956) and Dr. Ubermann (Germany 1949)

Last edited by Battlekruse; 2007-04-12 8:42 PM.

Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know. Ernest Hemingway
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Tabarnak!
6000+ posts
Quote:

Battlekruse said:
Both Marvel Enterprises and Sony Pictures Entertainment are just $$$. There is no point in argue about these companies. Plain suck and just greedy. Marvel have not made any good comic since since Superman/Batman and thats is DC. Simple said.

Wow...just when you think shit on the RKMB's is too retarded for it's own good...along comes this sad fuck to remind you how bad it really could be.

Thank God for PJP, afterall.

If karma's a bitch, it will be my bitch!
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Quote:

Battlekruse said:

What the fuck?

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
um....

Quote:

Battlekruse said:
Quote:

Rob Kamphausen said:
Quote:

Ghost Rider was a good fun movie

eva mendes is fucking hot

giant picture
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Quote:

Nowhereman said:
Quote:

Battlekruse said:

What the fuck?

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Quote:

Grimm said:
I haven't been able to force myself to go see Ghost Rider. I've already sat through too many crappy comic films. I couldn't take this one.

Wein created Wolverine with full knowledge that they would be revamping the X-Men into the multi-cultural "all new, all different" version of the team, and put him into the Hulk as a tryout. it was an early testing of the waters.

I'm not sure about that. It wasn't as if it was Busiek taking Manhunter and sticking him in Power Company. I'm guessing Wolverine's appearance in Hulk wasn't that especially well thought-out.

Was Nova really meant to be a top tier Marvel character? Amazing. I can recognise the character, but that's it.

Same goes for the Sentry, I guess. That retroactive "we all lost our memory" was interesting once with Captain Triumph, but otherwise is forced and contrived.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
Online Talkative
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
Quote:

Battlekruse said:
Both Marvel Enterprises and Sony Pictures Entertainment are just $$$.

They are SO fucking money!

Sincerely,

Trent, Sue, and Mikey.

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
Quote:

First Amongst Daves said:
Quote:

Grimm said:
I haven't been able to force myself to go see Ghost Rider. I've already sat through too many crappy comic films. I couldn't take this one.

Wein created Wolverine with full knowledge that they would be revamping the X-Men into the multi-cultural "all new, all different" version of the team, and put him into the Hulk as a tryout. it was an early testing of the waters.

I'm not sure about that. It wasn't as if it was Busiek taking Manhunter and sticking him in Power Company. I'm guessing Wolverine's appearance in Hulk wasn't that especially well thought-out.

no, they are two vastly different situations. with Wolverine/X-Men, my understanding is that they knew they would revampng the book but didn't have a lot put together yet. Wolverine was a kind of testing of the waters for the idea of "new mutants" (if you will) and the redo of X-Men (which at that point was a low selling reprint title). Hulk wasn't really selling all that hot either, at that time, so it makes sense in the business side to attempt to drum up some interest in both if they could.

I'm not saying they knew it would be a success. it was all experimental. nothing was sure. if it didn't take off, nothing was really lost.

with Manhunter/Power Company, you're taking a cult character and tossing him into an otherwise all new property. a much different situation. still risky, business wise. possibly more so.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Marvel prevails in lawsuit over rights to Ghost Rider: U.S. District Judge Katherine Forrest ruled Mike Friedrich gave up ownership to the property when he endorsed checks that contained language relinquishing rights to Marvel’s predecessors.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
What?! A corporation beats an individual for stolen intellectual property? Shocking! That just never happens!

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
he's appealing the decision. I still don't expect him to succeed.

Rob Offline
cobra kai
15000+ posts
cobra kai
15000+ posts
were they fighting to be responsible, or fighting to not be responsible?

"uhh... no, um... marvel thought up the motorcycle guy with the fire face"

giant picture
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard