Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 13 1 2 11 12 13
living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Quote:
In the ring, pro wrestling star Chris Benoit would have fit right in with Ring of Honor. But on the eve of its return to Long Island, the Philadelphia-based wrestling outfit is not looking to be identified with the man police say killed his wife and son before committing suicide last month.

"Chris Benoit was a wrestler's wrestler," said Gabe Sapolski, head of talent relations for ROH, the country's third-largest wrestling promoter. "It was devastating ... We saw our hero fall from grace in the worst way possible."

As ROH's wrestlers suit up for their Deer Park Community Center debut Friday night, they hope Long Island fans will welcome back big-time wrestling with a desire to lose themselves in a good match -- not with thoughts straying to one of the biggest wrestling news story in decades.

"I would say it's more motivating than anything at this point, because we're tying to make people forget about this," said ROH star Roderick Strong. "There's a huge shadow over pro wrestling right now."

The discovery of high levels of testosterone in the body of Benoit, a World Wrestling Entertainment star, and large quantities of anabolic steroids in his home fueled criticisms of the pro wrestling culture.

According to figures compiled by Newsday, nearly 50 well-known wrestling personalities have died under the age of 50 since 1997. But Sapolski said he runs a clean shop.

"WWE does not represent the entire industry," said Sapolski. "Just because someone is a professional wrestler doesn't automatically put them in this category that they're going to be a drug user."

But in the wake of the Benoit scandal, there is evidence fans are simply not in the mood to watch wrestling right now, including slumping TV ratings for WWE. But local promoters say Sapolski shouldn't worry about ROH's return to Long Island.

"There's obviously a buzz. Everybody's asking about it," said veteran wrestler Will "Brimstone" Kaye, a trainer for the Dix Hills-based wrestling group, Pro Wrestling Revolution, which ran a show last weekend. "But as far as a drop-off, I haven't seen anything different."

John Cursie, owner and founder of the Deer Park-based New York Wrestling Connection, said the five shows he has run since the Benoit deaths were well attended, but he is concerned about the future for his students.

"The amount of wrestlers who have died under 45 is astonishing," said Cursie, whose former students include WWE tag team Brian and Brett Major. "Of course, I worry. I just hope they keep their heads screwed on straight."

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
In a somewhat unexpected move, Kurt Angle defended his previous employer - WWE - when he was asked about the Chris Benoit double murder-suicide story. Speaking to the Tri Valley Herald newspaper, Angle said that WWE did not kill Chris' family. "Chris decided to do that on his own," he said, noting that he loved Benoit and what he stood for before committing the murders. "I decided to become addicted to pain killers on my own. WWE didn't do it, I did it. I took responsibility for what I went through. We're all independent contractors and we all take responsibility for our own actions," the former WWE champion said.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Quote:
- Michael Benoit, the father of Chris Benoit told The Edmonton Sun that his body has been cremated. He wouldn't confirm whether his son's ashes are in his hometown of Edmonton nor did he say what the family would do with the ashes. He did however say the family would speak publicly about Chris in the future, but for now they need more time.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Quote:
In last week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer corrected a rumor about the text messages Chris Benoit sent prior to his apparent suicide. Contrary to past reports, William ("Steven") Regal was not the "S" that Chris Benoit was sending texts to, and the reason Regal only talked about wrestling and seemed so pensive during the Benoit tribute show was that JBL apparently had made a comment like "you don't think he had anything to do with killing that boy" before the interview.

Meltzer also reports that more wrestlers' names are linked to Benoit's Dr. Phil Astin III that haven't come out, including one that according to sources of Meltz will "rock" the wrestling world if it did.

This may have been reported already, but one interesting note from the case: Chris was seen playing in the pool with Daniel the morning of June 24 (after Nancy would have been killed). "It is believed" that the pool guy saw them.

Except for the episode of Larry King featuring interviews with Cena, DiBiase, Hart, etc., the cable news shows did great in ratings during Benoit segments.

Marc Mero has "become no. 1 most hated in WWE" but many who have spoken with him feel he's being sincere in wanting to see change to help the boys (who Meltzer goes on to say barely want to help themselves, despite still paying for rental cars, hotels and get no meal money on the road, let alone get 'regular' employee benefits like healthcare or a pension plan).

Sean Waltman, Kevin Nash, Mero and Konnan are scheduled for the August HBO Real Sports which is updating the 2003 episode on deaths in wrestling. CNN and NBC are working on hour-long shows, with Dateline on the Benoit tragedy and CNN on wrestling overall.

Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter, August 6, 2007

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Quote:
It looks like there is a question about who died first -- Nancy or Daniel Benoit -- in the tragic double-murder/suicide case. Following is an excerpt from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:

A joint motion filed in the Fayette County Superior Court late last week by the Toffolonis [Nancy Benoit's family] and Michael Benoit [Chris' father], the administrator of his son's estate, seeks a determination of the order of deaths so that estate issues can be finalized.

An initial Probate Court hearing has been scheduled for Aug. 28, but the issue of order of death is expected to be addressed later.

Georgia law stipulates that Chris Benoit is legally considered to have died first in the house. The intent of the "Slayer's Statute" is to make sure neither the killer nor his heirs profit from their crimes.

Benoit had two children, David and Megan, from a previous marriage to Martina Benoit. As Daniel Benoit's legal next of kin, they would be next in line for the inheritance.
The story goes on to say that the District Attorney and other authorities involved in the investigation stand by their initial assessment that Nancy died first, then Daniel and finally Chris.

Another interesting note in the case: Aqua Pro pool cleaners visited the Benoit home between 6 and 6:15 on Friday, June 22, and saw all three Benoits alive outside, reporting nothing out of the ordinary. This is noteworthy since Wrestling Observer Newsletter owner Dave Meltzer has previously written that a pool guy had seen Chris and Daniel swimming some time after Nancy was allegedly murdered. UPDATE: The Associated Press has picked up this story, with the only 'new' piece of information being that neither Chris nor Nancy Benoit left a will.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
More of the same, but I think it clarifies the slayer statute a bit better
 Quote:
There is a hearing set for August 28 to determine who gets the Chris Benoit's assets. A joint motion was filed last week by the family of Nancy Benoit and by Michael Benoit (Chris Benoit's father) to determine the order of deaths so estate issues can be resolved.

If Chris Benoit's Wife died first, then his assets would go to his surviving children. If Daniel died first, Nancy's family will be inheriting millions of dollars.

The following comes from the article:
- "We don't think it's absolutely as clear as initially thought as for the order of deaths," said Richard Decker, the Atlanta-based attorney for Nancy's parents, Paul and Maureen Toffoloni of Daytona Beach, Fla. "It could be important as to who died first."

- The Toffolonis, however, contend the levels of decomposition could simply be attributed to the varying temperatures of the rooms in which the bodies were found. Authorities discovered Nancy Benoit's body in an upstairs den of the house, wrapped in a towel with her wrists and feet bound. A heavily sedated Daniel was found dead in his pajamas atop his bed in his upstairs room.

Now if they say Daniel died first, I think that opens up a whole new can of worms as couldnt that then lead to speculation that Nancy killed Daniel and Chris killed her because of this?

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
 Quote:
The Citizen of Laconia reports that George Caiazzo, aka John Kronus was found to have an enlarged heart at the time of his death. This is according to Dr. Jennie Duval, who is the states Medical Examiner. The story also said that a condition such as this can be caused by a number of things ranging from genetic problems to high blood pressure. It should be taken into consideration that Dr. Duval had not yet seen any evidence that would indicate drug use, including steroids or other drugs.

Right now, we are awaiting the results of the toxicology reports. It is hopeful that when those reports do come in, we will learn more about what caused his death. It could take up to six weeks before the reports are released, but it should be noted that his death was heart related since it was about twice the normal size at the time of death. His wife, Stacy said that heart problems do run in their family. She also mentioned that she never saw him take any steroids that she knew of the entire time they were together, but the interaction of presciption meds could be what led to his death.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Quote:
Meanwhile, Rey Mysterio appeared on Fox News today. He said he had never taken steroids and any investigations would show that all he takes is pain medication. As many other WWE guys have done, he said today's wrestlers were a different breed from those of previous generations. Brian Kilmeade brought up Kurt Angle being four times the size he was in the Olympics being a Dr Phil Astin patient, though Mysterio didn't respond. He did say the wrestlers are there to entertain and plugged SummerSlam. Mysterio brought up his six knee operations as his reason for the pain medication from Dr Astin. He said that although Chris Benoit was a very close friend he never knew that he took steroids as they never discussed the subject. Mysterio seemed uncomfortable when the steroids subject was brought up. It should be noted that reports have already uncovered Dr David Wilbirt in Phoenix, Arizona, prescribing Stanozolol and Nandralone to Oscar Gutierrez. (Credit: WrestlingObserver.com)

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
"He did say the wrestlers are there to entertain and plugged SummerSlam."

I bet Vince couldn't be more proud of his lemming...

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/fayette/stories/2007/08/28/Benoit_0829.html

Quote:
The father of professional wrestler Chris Benoit could be trying to make sure two grandchildren inherit his son's estate, suggesting Tuesday that Benoit had "diminished capacity" when he murdered his family and took his own life at their Fayetteville home.

Attorneys for Michael Benoit said that would mean that Georgia's "slayer's statute" that prohibits a killer or his heirs from profiting from the crime would not apply in this case.

"Chris' actions in doing this are wholly at odds with the person I knew him to be and everybody else who knew Chris," said Cary Ichter, one of the two Atlanta-based attorneys representing Michael Benoit at Tuesday's probate court hearing at the Fayette County Judicial Center. "He was the model father. He was the model husband. He was a great guy, as nice a person as you'd ever want to meet."

15000+ posts
15000+ posts

Quote:
Ken Kennedy has just posted this message on his official site at http://www.ken-kennedy.com

Please GOD, I'm just BEGGING for someone who has actually wrestled in a WWE ring in the past decade besides Jericho, Bret Hart, John Cena, and Ted Dibiase to come forward on one of these shows and tell the world what's really going on. For these goofs, like Lanny Poffo? Ultimate
Warrior? and Marc Mero???!! to repeatedly act as "experts" and "wrestler advocates" on the current situation is like having a frustrated ex-jock who rode the pine bench throughout his high school sports career give advice to Brett Favre on how to improve his game! It's ridiculous, insane, and it really makes me sick that these so called reporters like Bill O'Reilly, Nancy Grace, and Geraldo Rivera, call upon these silly bastards who are bitter and frustrated that their careers have ended to represent the WWE which of course makes all of us look like a bunch of babbling idiots who are all addicted to steroids, drugs, alcohol, etc.

THINGS ARE MUCH DIFFERENT THAN THEY WERE FIVE OR TEN OR TWENTY YEARS AGO! Most of the "expert", frustrated ex-wrestlers that they've had on the show came from an era where everyone wrestled every day and then went out and partied like rock stars until dawn, drinking copious amounts of alcohol, smoking cigarettes and marijuana, snorting cocaine, taking fistfuls of pills, and injecting massive amounts of steroids. They would take pills to go to sleep, snort coke or take speed to get up and do this day after day after day! This would not be even remotely tolerated in today's environment.

We have a strict drug policy in place. The WWE's wellness program was designed and instituted by the same doctor who implemented the NFL and the NBA's substance abuse programs. Contrary to what somebody recently said on one of these "tabloid" shows the WWE's allowed levels are exactly the same as the NFL. (Someone, I can't recall exactly who said it, said that the WWE allowed a 10:1 Testosterone to Epitestosterone level, which is false. We have a 4:1 level exactly like the NFL and the NBA.) In fact, I knew of someone who took an over the counter supplement from GNC which he didn't know was on the banned list, which caused him to have an elevated testosterone level. This individual was suspended and fined because of it. We can't even take Ephedrine which is another legal supplement that can be bought at any gas station in the country. Since I've been with the company, I've seen the few people that did have problems with drugs either sent to rehab to try and help them overcome their addictions, (sent to one of the top rehab facilities in the country and paid for in full by the WWE) or be fired for repeat offenses.

Look at the list of wrestlers who have prematurely passed away over the years, and most of them made the decision to live their lives this way. That's right, I said "made the decision" because we have this cool thing in the United States of America called "freedom of choice". I have the choice to quit my job if I don't like it, or if I feel that I'm on the road too much. I have the right to choose whether or not I want to break the law and use drugs. I have the right to choose between eating healthy food and exercising regularly and eating fast-food three times a day, not going to the gym, and becoming obese like a good majority of the citizens in this country. When will individuals be held accountable for their own actions? Will it ever happen, or will we always try and point the finger at someone else? Unfortunately as much as I respect the man, Superstar Billy Graham is ultimately responsible for the health problems he suffers from right now because of the choices he made in his career. I find it both sad and humorous that the man who many say is largely responsible for starting the whole "steroid craze" in pro-wrestling is now pointing the finger at the industry rather than blaming himself.

I, like everyone else in the company, have the luxury of being able to go home almost every week, play with my dog, hang out with my girlfriend, sleep in my own bed, and eat good home cooked food. This wasn't the case with these frustrated ex-wrestlers who are trying to grasp on to FIVE more minutes of fame and recognition.

I hear some of these guys talking about how the WWE doesn't have any type of benefits. I heard Johnny Grunge's widow on Nancy Grace saying that wrestling leaves you with nothing, and that two weeks after her husband was released from WCW that they lost their cars and their home. It apparently wasn't obvious to Nancy Grace, who is reportedly an extremely intelligent person, that they were obviously living outside of their means, and they weren't doing something that my parents taught me to do when I was a little kid……SAVE MONEY.

This job pays well, but I know that it won't last forever. It's the same problem with pro athletes and actors in Hollywood who spend, spend, spend, like the money grows on trees and like it's always going to be there, and then falls flat on their faces when their careers are suddenly cut short. Who's fault? The team? The studio in Hollywood? I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for people who don't save money and spend everything that they earn so they can impress everyone around them with all the NEAT THINGS that they own. As far as the having no health insurance thing goes, I've been seriously injured twice since I've been in the WWE. Every red cent has been paid for in full by the company, which is the case for any employee who is injured during a work or work-related event. Yes, I have my own supplemental insurance which is a bit expensive, but if WWE paid for it, I'm sure that, just like every other company in the country that offers health insurance to their employees, I would just be paid less, so it's a wash!

In the end, we are all responsible for our own actions. Saying that Vince McMahon is responsible for the deaths of the Benoit's is like saying that you and I are responsible for the deaths of Anna Nicole Smith and her son. The millions of people who tuned in every week to be entertained by "how funny" she was when she was all PILLED up and DRUNK, suddenly became the same people who acted SHOCKED and APALLED when she died of a drug overdose. Somebody, PLEASE, stop the insanity!!!!

KK

Credit - http://www.Ken-Kennedy.com

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/more/08/30/wrestlers/index.html

• Ken Anderson, a/k/a Mr. Kennedy, lost to Eddie Guerrero in Guerrero's final match on Nov. 11, 2005. Kennedy received shipments of anastrozole, somatropin and testosterone between October 2006 and February 2007.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Quote:
The results of the brain work on Chris Benoit will be announced at a press conference at 10:45 a.m. Wednesday at the Roosevelt Hotel in New York.

Benoit's father Michael gave permission to Julian Bailes, MD, the Chair of the Department of Neurosurgery at West Virginia University, to examine Chris' brain. Dr. Bailes is expected to concentrate on any signs of brain damage or anything else that could be shown to have negatively affected Chris' judgement or thinking before he killed his wife and son, and then hanged himself.

Credit: WrestlingObserver.com

cookie monster
7500+ posts
cookie monster
7500+ posts
Hi - this may be something you guys already know, but just in case I thought you guys would be interested in this...

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14047066/detail.html

Brain Study: Concussions Caused Benoit's Rage
POSTED: 7:21 am EDT September 5, 2007
UPDATED: 12:00 pm EDT September 5, 2007

NEW YORK -- A new study suggests that a series of concussions may have caused the rage that led wrestler Chris Benoit to murder his wife, his son and commit suicide.

Benoit's father, Michael Benoit, turned over part of the wrestler's brain to researchers at West Virginia University and the Sports Legacy Institute.
"I was grasping for anything. The world was very black. We didn't even know how to deal with this," said Michael Benoit. Dr. Julian Bailes, head of neurosurgery at WVU, said the results of tests on Chris Benoit's brain were striking.

Showing a slide of Benoit's brain tissue Wednesday morning on ABC's Good Morning America Bailes pointed out what he called abnormalities. "These are dead brain cells," said Bailes.

When asked how much of that he found Bailes replied, "It was extensive, throughout Chris's brain. It was striking and maybe shocking in the extent."
The researcher said Benoit's brain scan looked similar to those of Alzheimer's patients. He described Benoit's brain as "very abnormal, something you should never see in a 40-year old."

Bailes has done similar research on the brains of former professional football players who committed suicide. He said he found similar brain damage in their cases.

Bailes theroizes that repeated concussions can lead to dementia which can contribute to severe behavioral problems. In the case of the former NFL players he said he found a recurring "theme of failure in their personal lives and their business lives, depression and then ultimate suicide."

Benoit's father suggests that brain damage could have lead his son to murder his family. "We have no understanding of how this could have happened. So it was important to us to investigate to see if something went terribly wrong," said Michael Benoit.

He said his son suffered dozens of concussions during his wrestling career.

Investigators have said that Benoit killed his wife, then his son and then himself in his Fayetteville, Ga. home the weekend of June 22. Michael Benoit said Wednesday that he agreed to the testing because murder-suicide was out of character for his son. He also disclosed that after the killings, he discovered a diary written by his son that showed his son was having problems.

"After reading the diary, I would have thought it was written by someone who was extremely disturbed at the time," Michael Benoit said. He did not elaborate, but he did say a friend told him that prior to the murder-suicide, Chris Benoit had been wearing a rosary, which he said was also out of character.

"I think it's the extreme that is in the wrestling industry today," he told reporters. "The human skull is not built to get hit by a chair or something."

Copyright 2007 by WSBTV.com. The Associated Press contributed to this report. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed

Dear, sweet Harley Kwink...I'm madly in love with you. Marry me! We can go to Canadia. Or Boston or something. It'll be grand...You know the cookies are a given. They are ALWAYS a given. You could dump me tomorrow and you'd still get the cookies. Boston..shit, wherever dyke weddings were legalized. And where better to rub their little piggie noses in how bad they suck than right on their doorstep? What are they gonna do? Be jealous of you? Stare furiously at your tah-tahs? Not willingly give you cookies, but instead begrudgingly give you their cookies? Woman, time to wake up to the powers you wield - Uschi

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070905/ap_on_re_us/wrestler_dead
 Quote:
Pro wrestler Chris Benoit suffered brain damage from his years in the ring that could help explain why he killed his wife, son and himself, a doctor who studied Benoit's brain said Wednesday.

The analysis by doctors affiliated with the Sports Legacy Institute suggests repeated concussions could have contributed to the killings at Benoit's suburban Atlanta home.

The wrestler's father, Michael Benoit, told reporters Wednesday that he knows his son had concussions because his son told him so. But he also said he knows of no medical records or records kept by the wrestling league to support the diagnosis.

Steroid use also has lingered as a theory behind the killings, since anabolic steroids were found in Chris Benoit's home and tests conducted by authorities showed Benoit had roughly 10 times the normal level of testosterone in his system when he died.

The institute, which researches the long-term effects of concussions, coordinated the testing using samples of Benoit's brain tissue provided by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

The Waltham, Mass.-based institute's president is former pro wrestler Christopher Nowinski, who has said he had to quit the ring after a kick to the head. Nowinski still has ties with World Wrestling Entertainment Inc., which runs the league he and Benoit were in.

A lawyer for Stamford, Conn.-based WWE did not immediately return a call Wednesday seeking comment. The company has maintained steroid use did not cause Benoit to snap.

Despite the results of the institute's tests, there was no way to know if Benoit's concussions contributed to the murder-suicide, said Dr. Robert Cantu, a member of the institute who also is chief of neurosurgery service at Emerson Hospital in Concord, Mass.

"Whether it is the sole factor I believe is speculation and I will not go there," Cantu said by phone.

The level of brain damage Benoit had can cause depression and irrational behavior, Cantu said.

Benoit's brain showed the same degenerative processes that doctors working for the institute found in the brains of three men who had played pro football and committed suicide, Cantu said. There were abnormal protein deposits caused by trauma to Benoit's brain, Cantu said.

There's no evidence that steroid use causes such protein deposits, Cantu said, though he noted the issue has not been exhaustively studied.

Investigators allowed the institute to test Benoit's brain tissue with the permission of his father, who lives near Edmonton in Ardrossan, Alberta.

Michael Benoit said Wednesday that he agreed to the testing because murder-suicide was out of character for his son. He also disclosed that after the killings, he discovered a diary written by his son that showed his son was having problems.

"After reading the diary, I would have thought it was written by someone who was extremely disturbed at the time," Michael Benoit said.

He did not elaborate, but he did say a friend told him that prior to the murder-suicide, Chris Benoit had been wearing a rosary, which he said was also out of character.

"I think it's the extreme that is in the wrestling industry today," he told reporters. "The human skull is not built to get hit by a chair or something."

The father said he has not discussed with his attorney whether to take any legal action against the WWE or anyone else in the case. His attorney, Cary Ichter, said that at a later time he "will give thoughtful consideration" to appropriate steps to take in the "legal arena."

Nowinski said concussions can happen in pro wrestling even though many of the moves are staged.

"I got four concussions in three years as a professional wrestler," said Nowinski, who works for the WWE on its initiative to encourage young people to vote. "A lot of concussions happen from mistakes."

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts

100+ posts
100+ posts

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Quote:
The woman from Edmonton mentioned in the National Enquirer story, who claims that she had a daughter with Chris Benoit 16 years ago, is named Lilian Smolic. She was known for being with a lot of wrestlers in the area. Her daughter, Lindsay Ingram, has been seen at nearby independent shows claiming to be Benoit's daughter.

living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
http://www.wsbtv.com/video/14109990/index.html

Quote:
"He was upset, very upset, about Eddie's death. He says in a number of places how much he loved Eddie and what dear friends they were. He also says at one point that, 'I will be with you soon,' so it appears as though he was having some thoughts about his own mortality," said Ichter.

"It's plain that he was depressed," said Ichter. "It's plain that he was beginning to exhibit some of the signs of the dementia that's associated with the brain injuries he sustained because he talks in there about not being able to remember things. Chris, at the end had become intensely paranoid, to the point that he would not take the same route to the airport on a consistent basis, to the point that he would not allow the family outside of the house."

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071008/ap_on_re_us/wrestler_dead
 Quote:
The amount of testosterone prescribed to pro wrestler Chris Benoit far exceeded the normal amount for a hormone disorder he was purportedly being treated for, federal prosecutors said in new court papers.

The papers were filed in a criminal case against Dr. Phil Astin, Benoit's personal physician, who is charged with overprescribing medication to two other patients.

The government says that even if Benoit had a hormone disorder as a lawyer for the doctor has claimed, the amounts of testosterone he was given "well exceeded normal dosages."

Prosecutors noted Benoit's testosterone prescriptions in court papers Friday in response to an Astin defense motion to suppress items seized during several searches of Astin's office, his mother's home and a storage container he used. There was no immediate ruling on the motion.

Prosecutors said that over a 12-month period ending a month before the murder-suicide, Astin wrote seven prescriptions to Benoit, each dispensing a 10-month supply of testosterone cypionate. The total dosage, if broken down by month, is "in excess by 50 percent of Food and Drug Administration dosage guidelines," prosecutors said.

Defense attorney Manny Arora — who has since left Astin's case — argued that the government failed to seek the opinion of a hormone disorder specialist before filing search warrant affidavits asserting that the steroids Astin prescribed Benoit were excessive.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
living in 1962
15000+ posts
living in 1962
15000+ posts
 Quote:
According to the Associated Press and Canadian Press, Chris Benoit's father Michael says that a verbal agreement has been reached in the dispute over Chris' estate.

"In principle, it's there. It just needs to be documented," Michael Benoit said, adding that the $1.5 to $3 million estate will "pretty much" be split down the middle between Chris' two surviving children (from a previous marriage) and the Toffolinis (Nancy Benoit's family).

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution earlier today reported Michael Benoit saying about Nancy's family, "I was always of the opinion they were entitled to half of the estate."

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
That sounds.. amicable.

I'm impressed.

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts
Hip To Be Square
15000+ posts

1. You do not talk about snarf.
7500+ posts
1. You do not talk about snarf.
7500+ posts
Yes

Me No Rikey Rob, he's a banana queer!

I shit on Hogan!
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Owner of a Lonely Heart!

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Owner of a Bald Head!

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: The New Adventures of Old PJP
Owner of a Bald Head!
I barely remember posting this.....even in my subconcious I tease Snarf!

I'm Brian Fellow!
400+ posts
I'm Brian Fellow!
400+ posts

I'M BRIAN FELLOW!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
RACK BRIAN FELLOW!

the Offline
Ignored by 3 users and 2 moderators
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Pariah nerdy Moderator It's the Register
15000+ posts Sun Jan 13 2008 11:09 PM Reading a post
Forum: Sports and Wrestling
Thread: Chris Benoit and family found dead

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: King Snarf
 Originally Posted By: Grimm
WOOOOOAAAHHHHYAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as crazy as he is, he was attempting to make points, and they just constantly cut him off. this is why I don't watch these shows. just more media sensationalism.

You'd think FOX News would LOVE the Warrior, what with his uber-conservative views such as "Queering don't make the world work".

I dislike Warrior for making fun of my sexual preferences. I'm gay and I'm proud!
Whoa!

the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
K-nutreturns cool User message board war vet
10000+ posts Fri Aug 08 2008 11:11 PM Checking who's online

the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Jeremy happy Moderator Hangin' out like double D's
10000+ posts Fri Aug 22 2008 02:06 AM Viewing a list of posts
Forum: Politics and Current Events

Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Now I know you're making shit up.

The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
OP Offline
The Once, and Future Cunt
15000+ posts
http://www.tmz.com/2009/05/12/chris-benoit-doc-gets-ten-in-the-pen/

Quote:
Chris Benoit Doc Gets Ten in The Pen

Posted May 12th 2009 12:53PM by TMZ Staff

The doctor who prescribed steroids for late wrestler Chris Benoit is going to prison for ten years.

Dr. Phil Astin was sentenced today in Georgia after he pled guilty to 25 counts back in January, including illegally distributing prescription drugs.

It's still unclear whether Astin-prescribed steroids caused Benoit to go berserk in 2007 -- when he killed his wife and child, then took his own life.

Astin was also linked to another wrestling tragedy -- Michael Durham died in 2006 with toxic levels of Soma
and hydrocodone.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
5 Search Spiders.
Search Spider Last Activity Location
Google 06/11/10 02:22 PM Reading a post
Forum: Sports and Wrestling
Thread: Chris Benoit and family found dead

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: King Snarf
I know the feeling. While I've never met the man, I have always respected and admired Chris Benoit. It feels like I've been punched in the gut. I can only imagine what those close to him must be feeling right now.

Inglourious Basterd!!!
15000+ posts
Inglourious Basterd!!!
15000+ posts
Is he still dead?

Uschi said:
I won't rape you, I'll just fuck you 'till it hurts and then not stop and you'll cry.

MisterJLA: RACKS so hard, he called Jim Rome "Chris Everett." In Him, all porn is possible. He is far above mentions in so-called "blogs." RACK him, lest ye be lost!

"I can't even brush my teeth without gagging!" - Tommy Tantillo: Wank & Cry, heckpuppy, and general laughingstock

[Linked Image from i6.photobucket.com]
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Snarf? I hope so.

15000+ posts