Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
OP Offline
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
What about if someone of a particular religion needs a transfusion to live, and the family refuses, and so does the patient?

Are there times where religion should bend?

Does God really want people to die rather than to compromise their beliefs?

I think not. I know that it is impossible to second guess a deity, but I am going to extrapolate that God would want us to keep slogging through all the crap, and keep going until we draw our last breath.

Religion ought to be more like an idea.. because a belief is almost impossible to change... whereas, an idea can be adapted to fit changing times.

I'm not being negative about religion - but many rules of various relgions could use an upgrade.

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

URG Offline
URG am real man!
7500+ posts
URG am real man!
7500+ posts
 Quote:
God would want us to keep slogging through all the crap, and keep going until we draw our last breath.
Don't am piss and am moan waiting for that little God person to am do everything for you. People don't have to be life's bitch. They am just want to be. Pull am your own sorry ass outa the crap. Kick life life in the nuts than see what that little God person am wants from you. Maybe God am like you better if you am show hims your a grown ass man!

There am always some little goober religious guy telling you that you am wrong.
Tell him to suck your balls or shut up. Than you am should look for the religion that suits you am best.

[size:9pt]Now URG's head hurts... [/size]

Last edited by URG; 2007-12-06 2:11 AM.

Cave Babes
http://www.robkamphausen.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/824582#Post824582
Cave Drawings
http://www.robkamphausen.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/860036

Some days urg makes me proud to be his friend. Then there are the days that he steals my beer and fucks my woman. Somedays he gets that backwards.-Lothar

"Those were good days. Sitting around the campfires, eating dinosaur meat, and clubbing our wimmens in the head. I dream of those days sometimes. When Urg would make speeches and lead us to victory over the neighboring tribes. Good days, man. Good days." -Grimm
I Feel Pretty, So NeoCon Pretty
500+ posts
I Feel Pretty, So NeoCon Pretty
500+ posts

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Beardguy57

Religion ought to be more like an idea.. because a belief is almost impossible to change... whereas, an idea can be adapted to fit changing times.

Way to rip off Dogma, Jerry....

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
OP Offline
I walk in eternity
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: King Snarf
 Originally Posted By: Beardguy57

Way to rip off Dogma, Jerry....

It's a superb movie, Snarf.

And that is a fantastic philosophy.

I can see it now:

It will be the 87 th century.

A new religion was created in the 23 rd century.

One of their most important rules is: Space travel is evil and must be forbidden.

Think how
that would hold us back, especially with the ever present threat of an asteroid smacking Earth and wiping us all out in one fell swoop.

Colonies on Mars and the large moons of the giant gas planets would insure the survival of our species..

But this new hypothetical religion would forbid this.

That is why I think that, sometimes? Rules are meant to be bent.. especially when they are not always beneficial.

"I offer you a Vulcan prayer, Mr Suder. May your

death bring you the peace you never found in

life." - Tuvok.

Link Copied to Clipboard