Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Your death will make me king!
15000+ posts
Here is a little test that will help you decide.

The answer can be found by posing the following question: You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a man with a huge knife comes around the corner, locks eyes with you, screams obscenities, raises the knife, and charges at you. You are carrying a 40 caliber Glock, and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

THINK CAREFULLY

Democrat's Answer: Well, that's not enough information to answer the question!
Does the man look poor or oppressed?
Have I ever done anything to him that would inspire him to attack?
Could we run away?
What does my wife think?
What about the kids?
Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand?
What does the law say about this situation?
Does the Glock have an appropriate safety built into it?
Why am I carrying a loaded gun anyway, and what kind of message does this send to society and to my children?
Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me?
Does he definitely want to kill me, or would he be content just to wound me?
If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me?
Should I call 9-1-1?
Why is this street so deserted?
We need to raise taxes, have a paint and weed day, and make this a happier, healthier street that would discourage such behavior.
This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for few days and try to come to a consensus.

Republican's Answer: BANG!

Southerner's Answer: BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! Click.....
(Sounds of reloading)
BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! Click.
Daughter: "Nice grouping, Daddy! Were those the Winchester Silver Tips or Hollow Points?"
Son: "Can I shoot the next one?"
Wife: "You're not takin' that to the Taxidermist!"

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

Good one, Jason!

By that scale, I'm a Republican to the core.

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Eh? Jason E. Perkins acting bi-partisan? I don't buy it.

Yes, I did just kill the joke.

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
And...Yeah, I'm the southerner.

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
One or two shots should do it. After that you're just blasting chunks off a dead body.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
fudge
4000+ posts
fudge
4000+ posts
The reason why I'm glad we have gun control in Denmark is because, if that fellow came at me with a knife and I carried a loaded gun, he'd not only be dead, he'd be blasted to pieces.

Nah, I'd probably knee-cap him...............in both knees

Racks be to MisterJLA
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Chant
The reason why I'm glad we have gun control in Denmark is because, if that fellow came at me with a knife and I carried a loaded gun, he'd not only be dead, he'd be blasted to pieces.

I don't get this. You're saying that you're glad you can't defend yourself if someone tries to kill you with a knife?

Pun-damentalist nutjob
400+ posts
Pun-damentalist nutjob
400+ posts

"Ex-caliber, be my strength!"

Last edited by The Pun-isher; 2007-12-14 12:53 AM.

This is not vengeance. This is pun-ishment.

"The goodness of the true pun is in the direct ratio of its intolerability." — Edgar Allan Poe
fudge
4000+ posts
fudge
4000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man

I don't get this. You're saying that you're glad you can't defend yourself if someone tries to kill you with a knife?

It's difficult to explain to a gun-toting american republican such as yourself...

I find that you......people ;).......have a hard time understanding that there would be more deaths by shooting here if we had the same policy on weapons that you do.

While there indeed are the occasional stabbing or shooting (actually quite a few shootings this last month) I fear that if we had a more lenient control of weapons that statistic would escalate and cause more unneccessary deaths.

Now, don't get me wrong. IF I had a gun and a maniac came at me with a knife he most assuredly would be spending his next month or so in a hospital bed!

Racks be to MisterJLA
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
I agree with Chant to 90%.

I suppose I could go along with gun rights, if they were restricted 1. to people who are educated to use guns, and 2. to revolvers and rifles. Automatic and semi-automatic guns shouldn't be available to the public.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts

Maybe Chant has a black belt in Jun Fan Jeet Kuen Do?

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts

It's difficult to explain to a gun-toting american republican such as yourself...

I find that you......people ;).......have a hard time understanding that there would be more deaths by shooting here if we had the same policy on weapons that you do.

While there indeed are the occasional stabbing or shooting (actually quite a few shootings this last month) I fear that if we had a more lenient control of weapons that statistic would escalate and cause more unneccessary deaths.

Now, don't get me wrong. IF I had a gun and a maniac came at me with a knife he most assuredly would be spending his next month or so in a hospital bed!

I understand what you are saying from a philosophical or hypothetical standpoint. What I don't understand is why you seem to be writing that you would be happy if you, Chant, were under attack and couldn't defend yourself in that situation.

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
I don't think Chant meant that he didn't want to defend himself*, he's just worried that he and other Danes would use too much violence than it's necessarily.

*Sorry for the double negative.

-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

-Ultimate Jaburg53

-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
fudge
4000+ posts
fudge
4000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sweden
I don't think Chant meant that he didn't want to defend himself*, he's just worried that he and other Danes would use too much violence than it's necessarily.

*Sorry for the double negative.

Like Fry, like Fry

Racks be to MisterJLA
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
This is how you bsams. Pay attention whomod.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.

Link Copied to Clipboard