wh0m0d Offline OP
I'm broke like a sphincter
few posts
OP Offline
few posts

Quote:
Ghost hunt canceled at former asylum

The Johnson County Board of Supervisors has changed its mind about allowing a paranormal team to look for ghosts at a one-time mental asylum.

Board members last month approved an investigation of the buildings, but decided to vote it down in response to negative feedback, said Board Chairman Rod Sullivan.

He said the board initially did not oppose a request from the Johnson County Historical Society to have a paranormal team conduct a free investigation at the site, which is now a private residential care facility for the mentally ill called Chatham Oaks.

Chatham Oaks officials were among those opposed.

"I think the rules have changed a bit because Chatham Oaks stepped up," said board member Terrence Neuzil. "Obviously, the cards have changed a bit."

Historical society officials said the controversy began in March when they passed along a request from the Carroll Area Paranormal Team to do a scientific study of the site. The team planned to spend one night at the site to look for paranormal activity, using equipment such as thermal imaging cameras and voice recording systems.

Brandon Cochran, museum operations assistant for the historical society, said one of the most common questions from people touring the 153-year-old poor farm is whether it's haunted. Cochran said he had hoped the study would end all the speculation.

Ten guesses who is behind this and the first twenty don't count. Karl Rove. I guess the neocons don't want any secrets the dead took with them coming back.

“The House Republican brand is so bad right now that if it were a dog food, they’d take it off the shelf, also they would kill babies” said retiring Rep. Thomas M. Davis III (Va.)

"Do not associate my name with anything you do. You are extremists, and you've hurt the Republican Party much more than the Democrats have, perhaps even more than Fonzie surfing in boots." - Barry Goldwater

20 years, millions of scapegoats, and hundreds of denials later(but they sure looked cool)
wh0m0d Offline OP
few posts
OP Offline
few posts
Prominent Chicago(home of Obama) ghost fighter Bill Murray stands up to Bush's dickless appointee Walter Peck:

I can't wait to see how g-man and his Republican cronies try to spin this.

“The House Republican brand is so bad right now that if it were a dog food, they’d take it off the shelf, also they would kill babies” said retiring Rep. Thomas M. Davis III (Va.)

"Do not associate my name with anything you do. You are extremists, and you've hurt the Republican Party much more than the Democrats have, perhaps even more than Fonzie surfing in boots." - Barry Goldwater

20 years, millions of scapegoats, and hundreds of denials later(but they sure looked cool)
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
One of them was in there for an hour and saw an image of his face melting off.

That'll get anyone to cancel a ghost hunt.

some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts

poor bsams...

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Walter Peck hasn't worked for the EPA since the 80's why do you bring this up now?

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
I'm pretty sure that Walter Peck was a holdover from the Carter administration.

Being dickless was a major requirement for Carter appointees, you know. Just ask the embassy hostages.

Link Copied to Clipboard