Print Thread
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Muslim passengers removed from DC flight
59 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — AirTran Airways says nine Muslim passengers were removed from a flight from Washington, D.C., to Florida after other passengers reported hearing a suspicious remark.

An AirTran spokesman says the it was a misunderstanding. The Muslim passengers say AirTran wouldn't rebook them Thursday and they had to pay for seats on another airline.

Passenger Kashif Irfan tells The Washington Post the confusion began when his brother remarked aloud that the plane's jets were next to his window.

Two other passengers reported hearing what they considered to be a suspicious remark.

AirTran spokesman Tad Hutcheson says the airline strictly followed federal rules.

Federal officials ordered all 104 passengers off the plane and re-screened them before allowing the flight to depart

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
in case you don't want to read all that

Quote:
Muslim passengers were removed from a flight after other passengers reported hearing a suspicious remark.

An AirTran spokesman says the it was a misunderstanding.

Passenger Kashif Irfan tells The Washington Post the confusion began when his brother remarked aloud that the plane's jets were next to his window.

Two other passengers reported hearing what they considered to be a suspicious remark.

AirTran spokesman says the airline strictly followed federal rules.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
This isn't another Shieks on a Plane" bit, where the Muslims intentionally make cryptic comments so they can try to get arrested and then sue, is it?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man of Zur-En-Arrh
This isn't another Shieks on a Plane" bit, where the Muslims intentionally make cryptic comments so they can try to get arrested and then sue, is it?

From the sounds of it, it's not that at all. The FBI cleared them and even tried helping them book a flight and the airline still refused. The airline is being unreasonable if they won't accept the FBI vouching for the family IMHO.

Fair play!
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
You know what I do if I get lousy service I give my business elsewhere, if a company didn't want to book a flight for me I'd go elsewhere. This isn;t rocket science people.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090106/ts_alt_afp/ustransportairsecuritymuslimsrights_090106002219

Quote:
NEW YORK (AFP) – An airline passenger forced to cover his T-shirt because it displayed Arabic script has been awarded 240,000 dollars in compensation, campaigners said Monday.

Raed Jarrar received the pay out on Friday from two US Transportation Security Authority officials and from JetBlue Airways following the August 2006 incident at New York's JFK Airport, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) announced.

"The outcome of this case is a victory for free speech and a blow to the discriminatory practice of racial profiling," said Aden Fine, a lawyer with ACLU.

Jarrar, a US resident, was apprehended as he waited to board a JetBlue flight from New York to Oakland, California, and told to remove his shirt, which had written on it in Arabic: "We will not be silent."

He was told other passengers felt uncomfortable because an Arabic-inscribed T-shirt in an airport was like "wearing a T-shirt at a bank stating, I am a robber,'" the ACLU said.

Jarrar eventually agreed to cover his shirt with another provided by JetBlue. He was allowed aboard but his seat was changed from the front to the back of the aircraft.

Last week, nine Muslims, including three children, were ordered off a domestic US flight after passengers heard what they believed were suspicious remarks about security.

Although the passengers, eight of them US citizens, were cleared by the FBI, they were reportedly still barred from the AirTran flight.

Security has been at a high level in US airports since the September 11, 2001 hijacked airliner attacks against the World Trade Center in New York and the Pentagon in Washington.

However, rights groups and representatives of the Muslim community say the security measures have led to frequent discrimination and harassment.

No wonder the US is going belly up, this is a frivolous suit, with a erroneous judgment. At best the guy should have been given some free air miles.

Also why can't people see the ACLU as the anti-American organization they are? They file lawsuits to stop kids from praying at lunch because it is supposedly offensive to others, yet this guys shirt was scaring people and they sue for the right to wear it? It's pretty cut and dried.

a man's signature quote is inversely proportionate to his cock size
few posts
a man's signature quote is inversely proportionate to his cock size
few posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Originally Posted By: the G-man of Zur-En-Arrh

From the sounds of it, it's not that at all. The FBI cleared them and even tried helping them book a flight and the airline still refused. The airline is being unreasonable if they won't accept the FBI vouching for the family IMHO.

You mean the newly liberal Federal Bleeding-Hearts Investigators. If it were up to me, those camel joeckeys would get their plane ride alright, hanging by a noose on the landing gear. The nerve of these terrorists trying to ride planes in MY COUNTRY! After what their kind did on 9/11. I still can't believe good ol' W. didn't round up all of the Aabs and execute them for treason. With their kind you can't be too careful.

Link Copied to Clipboard