Print Thread
#1085446 2009-09-22 4:58 AM
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

http://www.ananova.com/News/story/sm_3492038.html

A US news anchor who made an obscene verbal slip live on air has unwittingly spawned a viral web craze.

Ernie Arnastos, who works for Fox 5 WNYW in New York, told the station's weatherman to "keep f***ing that chicken".

In a scene reminiscent of the 2004 film Anchorman, Mr Anastos appeared oblivious to the slip, while co-presenter Dari Alexander's eyes bulged with shock.

It is believed that Mr Anastos meant to say "keep plucking that chicken", possibly meaning "persevere" or "don't give up".

However, the obscene version has taken on a life of its own. It is a regularly searched term on Twitter and Google, while T-shirts are available with the catchphrase across the chest.

The phrase has even made it into slang bible urbandictionary.com, with the definition "keep up the good work".

The Rev Al Sharpton has speculated on the meaning of the slogan.

He told the New York Times: "It could be a kind of phrase: 'Well, keep doing what you are doing. Keep going after it'. Even if you are tired or distracted, keep on doing that chicken, that kind of thing."

Mr Arnastos has since apologised for the slip while Fox 5 WNYW vice president Lew Leone said the company was "disappointed with Ernie's comment".

In the 2004 film Anchorman, a rival uses the autocue to trick news anchor Ron Burgundy, played by Will Ferrell, into replacing his usual catchphrase "stay classy, San Diego" with "go f*** yourself, San Diego".

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts

"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
"Hey this is PCG342's bro..."
15000+ posts
Glacier for 'MAZING THINGS ON THE NET mod!

"Are you eating it...or is it eating you?"

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com] [/center]

[center][Linked Image from i13.photobucket.com][/center]
Virgin
25+ posts
Virgin
25+ posts
I would love to keep fucking that chicken, but it keeps running away from me, and I do so get out of breath trying to catch it.

On a side note, people say not to count your chickens before they hatch ... we all know I would never do something like that anyway.

All I've ever wanted was someone to be in love with, and have that same person be in love with me, and I'm starting to realize that that is never going to happen.
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Anastos is a Greek name.

snarf is a gay bald homosexual
200+ posts
snarf is a gay bald homosexual
200+ posts
Fuck off!

Snarf licks the balls of his own mother.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Did you mean Ernie Anastos?

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!

Link Copied to Clipboard