Next Thread
Print Thread
#1133531 2010-10-29 2:04 PM
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
thedoctor #1133543 2010-10-29 8:02 PM
few posts
few posts
Go home Roger.

Tia & Tamera #1133544 2010-10-29 9:12 PM
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
Looks good. This will be a good one to see on the big screen.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
As long as they aren't trying to be serious this movie could be a lot of fun.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
rex #1135145 2010-11-13 9:46 PM
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
Skyline

Warning, Spoiler:

Jarrod and Elaine get off the plane and find a driver is holding a sign that says "J-Rock." Jarrod says that's him and the couple hop in the back of Bently limo that drives them to Terry's super-plush condo complex. They go upstairs, and Terry greats them at the door. Introductions are made and an immediate trip to the pool. Candice tell's Terry to get her a cosmo, Terry and Jarrod walk to the bar and talk about Terry's success and about Jarrod moving from Brooklyn to LA to be part of it. They order to margarita's and go back to the pool. Candice is mad because he forgot her drink and sends Denise to get one for her. Obvious anomosity between Denise and Candice. Whle they're in the pool 4 military helicopters fly over the pool, Terry makes a joke about them getting ready for the trouble that will break out at his birthday party.

Flash forward, the party is in full effect. Terry introduces Ray to Jarrod and Elaine, Ray says Elaine is hot, and congratulates Jarrod on the new job and says he can't wait for him to move to LA. Elaine is obviously unaware of the job offer. She gets mad and storms off, Jarrod goes after her. Elaine tells him she's pregnant, instead of being happy Jarrod says he's not ready for it.

There are noises coming from the roof ....Jarrod starts snapping pictures and using his zoom lens, and can see all the people drawn by the light being sucked up into giant space craft that have appeared from behind fog/clouds.

Smaller ships stream out of the large ships, and swim through the air trailing tentacles, they kind of look like the squiddies from the Matrix series. One of them spots Terry and Jarrod and heads towards them, the pair try to leave the roof but can't because the door is locked. Terry shots the door as the ship comes to get them. To no avail. The ship is on top of them blaring its blue light, when the door bursts open, it's Elaine. The blue light grabs her and she's standing there mesmerized. Jarrod grabs her and carries her back to the condo with Terry close behind. After a few minutes Elaine wakes up from trance.....

They all gather around Jarrod's camera and look at the pictures of the people getting vacummed up into the spaceships. After looking at everything and realizing that smaller ships and other things are searching buildings for people, they decide that the only place the lights aren't landing is the water. So they come up with a plan to get to Terry's boat to escape.....

They get into the stairwell but have to run across the pool area to get back to the safety of the building. The giant gorilla alien is waiting and pursues them as they dash between the columns....

Jarrod and Elaine are on the roof, they approach the soldiers who tell them to keep away, The soldiers are trying to kill a gorilla alien but not having much luck. A helicopter approaches the roof and Jarrod and Elaine think they'll be saved but the gorilla alien shoots out tentacles and grabs the helicopter causing it to crash. Jarrod and Elaine decide the only way off the roof is to use the window cleaners scaffold. They walk towards it but a gorilla alien appears. A jet fighter comes into the scene and attacks the gorilla, but it gets too close and ends up crashing, it skips across the roof, crashes in to the gorilla alien, and blows up.

Oliver manages to stab the tentacle with a butcher knife and momentarily escapes, but as he's crawling across the floor another tentacle grabs him. He spots the lighter, rolls over onto his back and curses at the alien as he lights the lighter. There's an explosion that rocks the building and grabs Jarrod and Elaine's attention.

Jarrod and Elaine try to make it to the scaffold but a squiddy pursues them. First Jarrod fights it, he's subdued and Elaine uses an axe to brain it. It repairs itself and attacks Elaine, Jarrod comes to her rescue. Jarrod is injured and can't move. He tells Elaine to leave him, but she won't. The blue light shines down on them and they get sucked up into a ship passing over head, kissing as they twirl through the air.

Inside the ship we see what the aliens do with us. Tentacles are harvesting brains and spines and discarding the headless bodies. The brains and spines glow blue and are feed into an alien/machine that processes the brains so that they can power the gorilla aliens.

Elaine wakes in pool of bodies and slime and starts to crawl away from the harvester. She sees Jarrod and calls out to him, but the harvester grabs him, rips his head and spine off, and discards his body. But instead of glowing blue like the others, Jarrod's brain and spine are glowing red. The harvester doesn't seem to notice and feeds it into the alien/machine. The gorilla alien that receives it staggers and rubs it's head, the blue and red light seem to fight just below the skin.

The harvester grabs Elaine, scans her body and when it discovers she's pregnant transfers her to another room. There's another lady, presumably pregnant, screaming while being examined by the aliens. Elaine starts to scream as she's examined. A gorilla alien lumbers into the room. but instead of the tell-tale blue glowing eyes, its eyes are glowing red. it rips the harvester/examiner apart and rescues Elaine. She's freaked out when the red-eyed alien lumbers towards her, but the alien covers her belly and we can hear the babies heartbeat. The red-eyed alien caresses Elaine's face, the way Jarrod once had, and she recognizes him and screams his name.

End.

A couple of still shots of the red-eyed alien carrying Elaine away and fighting harvesters and blue-aliens as the credits roll.

rex #1135148 2010-11-13 11:14 PM
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex
 Quote:
G-man's Spoiler section without spoiler tags lol

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
If one looked at the film's ending from an Indie perspective, it was actually pretty decent.

But since they went for this whole Bakersfield survival horror meets Independence Day decorum, the implied 'unique survivor becomes humanity's last best hope' approach felt off kilter for a conclusion.

They could have at least panned out and showed a bunch of other 'glowing red brain' cases surface throughout the world and imply an inevitable uprising.

But hell, at least they didn't end the movie at the point where they were sucked up into the ship. I was scared to death that-that's where it was going to end.

Link Copied to Clipboard