Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Probably not. I think drug addiction is much stronger then enjoying a joint even once or twice a week. What do you potheads think?

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I think if there is a substance that controls your life, versus is part of your life, it's a problem. Doesn't matter what it is, pot, cocaine, alcohol, french fries, whatever. Moderation is the key, and self-monitoring is essential. If I saw any evidence of pot causing issues of any negativity in my day-to-day life, I'd drop it instantly. It's why I don't really drink much anymore. It became something I felt I had to do, versus something I want to do. Smoking works much better for me, and only because I maintain a balance with it...

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Well, does THC make you an "instant" addict the way nicotine and heroin does, or is it more like alcohol, making the addiction vary from person to person and level of consumption? That is the question here.

I do know that THC stays in the body much longer in the body than alcohol, for a month IIRC, since it's soluble in fat rather than water.

Last edited by Captain Sweden; 2011-05-18 6:23 PM. Reason: My inner Grammar Nazi

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Yes, but THC has no addictive properties. The only addiction that can come from smoking weed is a psychological one. Same with pure tobacco. Tobacco is not an addictive plant. However, the nicotine added to cigarettes makes it addictive. There's nothing added to weed. It's grown and smoked. In that order.

As far as it staying in your system, that is not to say it stays active. Your "buzz" or "high" lasts only as long as your metabolism allows. It varies from person-to-person, and the natural reaction called "munchies" usually sobers you up quicker than it would if just left to wear off...

Unbreakable
3000+ posts
Unbreakable
3000+ posts
There is nicotine in tobacco naturally, and I'm pretty sure addiction of tobacco has been reported long before the big companies got resources to add various chemicals in cigarettes. Also, marijuana is often blended with tobacco if I'm not mistaken, but that may be beside the point.

"Batman is only meaningful as an answer to a world which in its basics is chaotic and in the hands of the wrong people, where no justice can be found. I think it's very suitable to our perception of the world's condition today... Batman embodies the will to resist evil" -Frank Miller

"Conan, what's the meaning of life?"
"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!"
-Conan the Barbarian

"Well, yeah."
-Jason E. Perkins

"If I had a dime for every time Pariah was right about something I'd owe twenty cents."
-Ultimate Jaburg53

"Fair enough. I defer to your expertise."
-Prometheus

Rack MisterJLA!
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
I tried to be a sex addict once, but no one would give me any.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sweden
There is nicotine in tobacco naturally, and I'm pretty sure addiction of tobacco has been reported long before the big companies got resources to add various chemicals in cigarettes.

Not to any significant amounts, and certainly not to the levels with modern cigarettes. Personally, I have never heard of any case documented before Big Tobacco that found naturally grown tobacco chemically addictive.

Quote:
Also, marijuana is often blended with tobacco if I'm not mistaken, but that may be beside the point.

That's up to the smoker. A joint is normally rolled up in rolling papers. A blunt is when someone uses a cigar wrapper instead. I'm sure somewhere in the world someone mixes dried tobacco in with their weed. But, that's not a constant that can be measured...

The conscience of the rkmbs!
15000+ posts
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Lothar of The Hill People
What do you potheads think?

Probably less than credible opinions on the subject.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Pariah
What do you potheads think?

Probably less than credible opinions on the subject.

But not nearly as credible as those with absolutely no life experiences involving the subject, eh? \:lol\:

15000+ posts
15000+ posts
Never had to take drugs to know what they did to the people around me.

And it would certainly explain a great deal about you.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I'm sure it would in the black-and-white world you have created to fit your limited views...

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Prometheus
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sweden
There is nicotine in tobacco naturally, and I'm pretty sure addiction of tobacco has been reported long before the big companies got resources to add various chemicals in cigarettes.

Not to any significant amounts, and certainly not to the levels with modern cigarettes. Personally, I have never heard of any case documented before Big Tobacco that found naturally grown tobacco chemically addictive.

in all fairness, 'before Big Tobacco™' isn't exactly a preposition that will hold up to the rigors of historiographic scrutiny - especially considering that the phrase BIG TOBACCO™ is invariably used as a grossly overgeneralized pejorative. tobacco products have been cultivated and refined for commercial use for literally centuries. also, concentrations of nicotine can't be that negligible if the substance was noticeable enough to derive its name from the genus Nicotiana back when it was first isolated way back in the late 1820s (and immediately categorized as an addictive toxin). seriously, the leaves have a high enough concentration of nicotine to render them unpalatable to numerous animals that otherwise wouldn't hesitate to nom on them. not trying to argue with any of your points, but you're definitely smart enough that you know not to neglect even minor fact-checking excursions.

Quote:
Also, marijuana is often blended with tobacco if I'm not mistaken, but that may be beside the point.

That's up to the smoker. A joint is normally rolled up in rolling papers. A blunt is when someone uses a cigar wrapper instead. I'm sure somewhere in the world someone mixes dried tobacco in with their weed. But, that's not a constant that can be measured...

all bets are off when you roll your own. or at least that's what an individual in the know who may or may not be my fiancée told me. there are so many different varieties of ganja out there, and so many ways it's harvested and processed (sometimes including additives that would make BIG TOBACCO™ blush), and so many different ways it's used, that it's damn near impossible to give a standard chemical composition for cannabis sativa in the form in which you actually smoke it.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Is marijuana expensive for what you get?

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
I don't touch the stuff. I suppose I could find out...

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch
seriously, the leaves have a high enough concentration of nicotine to render them unpalatable to numerous animals that otherwise wouldn't hesitate to nom on them. not trying to argue with any of your points, but you're definitely smart enough that you know not to neglect even minor fact-checking excursions.

Not necessary, as no one is writing a grade-able essay. Animals don't eat cigarettes, either. The level of nicotine is negligible to what's added by "Big Tobacco", no matter how The Right wish to categorize it or spin "history".

all bets are off when you roll your own. or at least that's what an individual in the know who may or may not be my fiancée told me. there are so many different varieties of ganja out there, and so many ways it's harvested and processed (sometimes including additives that would make BIG TOBACCO™ blush), and so many different ways it's used, that it's damn near impossible to give a standard chemical composition for cannabis sativa in the form in which you actually smoke it.

Nonsense. I have never heard, read, or even discussed with ANYone in the near twenty-years of smoking pot of anyone adding anything to weed in any form. If a person wants to add something to their joint when rolling it, that's up to the individual. You don't buy weed with "additives". You can buy various strains, just like you can buy various kinds of beer. I know these are the 'Scare Tactic'-speaking-points opponents like to force of the naive when concerning marijuana. Meanwhile, firsthand experience holds the more informed position on the subject...

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts

Depends on who you buy it from, and what kind you want. There's everything from normal, field-grown "swag" or "dirt weed". It's cheap, costing between $20-$40 a quarter. On the other end of the spectrum, there's the really good stuff. Hydroponic or specialty strains. The "kind" bud can run you $150 a quarter and up...

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I heard its cheaper to buy it from black people because they just steal it from white people.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Is that what your dad told you to do? Steal it from whitey.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts

Depends on who you buy it from, and what kind you want. There's everything from normal, field-grown "swag" or "dirt weed". It's cheap, costing between $20-$40 a quarter. On the other end of the spectrum, there's the really good stuff. Hydroponic or specialty strains. The "kind" bud can run you $150 a quarter and up...

Yeah, spent a cool $225 on a quarter once. Worth every penny. REALLY. HIGH. TIMES.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
That's the GOLD Iggy! (call me next time)

Sikkbones
1500+ posts
Sikkbones
1500+ posts
so not only are you an alcoholic jordy... you're also a pot head? tsk tsk..

http://www.finalstage.ca
http:www.459.betrayer.ca
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I know! All these damn pot smokers and drinking and they're damn personalities. Someone really needs to do something about this.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Black Machismo

And you're a fucking idiot. Why do you even keep coming here? Do you think someone here secretly, deep-down, likes you? Fuck off...

Sikkbones
1500+ posts
Sikkbones
1500+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Black Machismo

And you're a fucking idiot. Why do you even keep coming here? Do you think someone here secretly, deep-down, likes you? Fuck off...

yes, i think someone does... "wink": Wink" at mr willis.

http://www.finalstage.ca
http:www.459.betrayer.ca
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
You really need to get the old gang back together to come visit us. Black Raisin has tried a couple of times to get me to organize a raid over there, but we just can't be arsed to go through the convoluted Intheass registration process. You guys are more than welcome here, though. Just to pay a visit or to try and raid us again. I'd really love to hear Whomod's take on the Weiner scandal and how 2012 is shaping up. And, it might be interesting to know what--besides wanking and crying--you guys have been up to for the past three years. Oh, and, I'm sure we'd all appreciate the chance to turkey slap Tommy a couple of times again. Whaddya say?

devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
Yeah, we'll make fun of someone's daughter if that helps.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
I hate all of their mothers. Someone copy and past this and send it to them...

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Whomod, rumor has it, tries continually to offer his daughter to be used sexually by African-Americans as a way to make reparations for slavery.

Copy and paste this, too.

Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Society's Discontent
6000+ posts
Whomod's wife, it has been said, once cheated on him with a black man. Rather than be angry, Whomod was quite proud of her actions and thought it would be a great idea if she left him for her new beau. She said she was sorry for cheating and that she couldn't leave him for the other man. So, he beat her.

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Tommy has a yellow-spacebug up his ass.

Sincerely,

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: iggy
Whomod's wife, it has been said, once cheated on him with a black man. Rather than be angry, Whomod was quite proud of her actions and thought it would be a great idea if she left him for her new beau. She said she was sorry for cheating and that she couldn't leave him for the other man. So, he beat her.

\:lol\: \:lol\: \:lol\:

Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Anonymous 1 minute 23 seconds ago Reading a post
Forum: Deep Topics
Thread: Does smoking marijuana habitually define a person as a drug addict?

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Whomod and Wanky walked inside a bar...

...and then reax raped their daughter!

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
In the ass, if that helps.

Regenerated