Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
What happened? Were you guys asking the government too many questions again?

Are you guys going to have martial law too? We had martial law before it was mainstream.

few posts
few posts
Go home Roger.

brother from another mother
15000+ posts
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
If you can't post tomorrow you will know they nuked us. Wait about a thousand years and you should have a fresh new country to move into.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy

Are you guys going to have martial law too? We had martial law before it was mainstream.

The Phillipines is on the cutting edge of tyranny!

Except for the Phillipine military fighting islamic terrorists in Mindanao, I didn't know the Phillipines is under martial law. I thought all that ended with the departure of Ferdinand Marcos.

I'm sure Comrade Obama would love to bring martial law here.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts

U.S. embassies in Mideast, North Africa prepare to close over security threat

Quote:
by Anne Gearan
August 03, 2013

U.S. embassies and other installations across a wide arc of the Middle East and North Africa prepared Saturday to close or take additional precautions against a threat linked to al-Qaeda that could be directed against U.S. interests overseas Sunday.

President Obama’s top national security advisers met at the White House on Saturday to discuss the potential threat of terrorist attacks. The White House said top officials including Secretary of State John F. Kerry, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel and national security adviser Susan Rice gathered to discuss the matter.

“Early this week, the president instructed his National Security team to take all appropriate steps to protect the American people in light of a potential threat occurring in or emanating from the Arabian Peninsula,” the White House said in a statement.

“This afternoon, National Security Advisor Rice chaired a meeting with the Principals Committee to further review the situation and follow-up actions,” it said, referring to the group of advisers.

Interpol issued a global security alert Saturday warning its 190 member countries to be more watchful for signs of violence following prison breaks in Iraq, Libya and Pakistan. The international law enforcement agency said it is investigating to determine whether the breaks, which freed hundreds of militants, are related.

Interpol advised that since al-Qaeda is suspected in some of the prison incidents, member nations should be on the lookout for information that might point to any coordination among the attacks, and to locate the escapees.

A Taliban-led prison break in Pakistan on Wednesday freed hundreds of militants. A sophisticated and heavily armed July 22 assault on Iraq’s Abu Ghraib prison freed about 500 convicts, including al-Qaeda operatives. In Benghazi, Libya, more than 1,000 inmates broke out of a prison July 27.

The Interpol alert followed an unusual worldwide caution for American travelers issued Friday that warned that the al-Qaeda terror network may by planning attacks in August, particularly in the Middle East and North Africa.

The travel alert was based on unspecified intelligence information about threats. The warning came a day after the State Department order that 21 embassies and consulates close on Sunday, usually a workday in the Middle East and several other regions.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
A bit more detail from Newsmax:

US Embassies Closing After Muslim Threat, Possibly from Al Qaeda
]

Quote:
Friday, 02 Aug 2013
By Newsmax Wires

The government is ordering more than 20 U.S. embassies throughout the Muslim world to close this weekend as a precautionary step after receiving an unspecified threat that might have been from al Qaeda.

"The Department of State has instructed certain U.S. embassies and consulates to remain closed or to suspend operations on Sunday" as a "precautionary" step, department spokeswoman Marie Harf told Bloomberg yesterday. Harf didn’t say which facilities would be shut, how many, or where they are, and she didn’t describe the security issues.

A State Department official, who like other officials asked not to be identified because of the sensitivity of the matter, said that the order affects embassies and consulates normally open on Sundays. It includes facilities in predominantly Muslim countries and also in Israel, where workweeks include Sundays, said an official in another U.S. agency, who called the intelligence credible but not ironclad.

There’s always a chance, this official said, that the information on the planned attacks is intentionally misleading in an attempt to divert attention and security from the location, timing or nature of an actual plot.

"It’s my understanding that it is al Qaeda-linked, all right, and the threat emanates in the Middle East and in Central Asia," Representative Ed Royce of California, the Republican chairman of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, said today on CNN’s "New Day" program.

EARLIER WARNING

The State Department issued a similar warning of possible attacks on or about Sept. 11, 2012. Harf also pointed reporters to a "Worldwide Caution" the department issued in February of this year warning Americans that "current information suggests that al-Qaeda, its affiliated organizations, and other terrorist organizations continue to plan terrorist attacks against U.S. interests in multiple regions."

That caution said that security threat levels remain high in Yemen and that Iraq is "dangerous and unpredictable." It also said that al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb is active in Algeria, has attacked Westerners near the borders with Mali and Libya, and has claimed responsibility for kidnapping and killing of Westerners throughout the region.

The State Department pledged to increase security at embassies and consulates after the attack on a U.S. mission in Benghazi, Libya, on Sept. 11, 2012, led to the death of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans. The Central Intelligence Agency said it had repeatedly warned the State Department of terrorist threats in Benghazi before the attack, according to e-mails released later by the White House.

PRISONERS FREED

The announcement that embassies will be closed this weekend came after terrorist groups freed prisoners in several countries.

On July 22 hundreds of prisoners, including senior al-Qaeda figures, escaped from Iraq’s Abu Ghraib prison. On July 27, more than 1,000 detainees escaped from detention in Benghazi.

A July 30 Taliban attack on a prison facility in northwest Pakistan freed more than 250 prisoners.

Also, newly discovered 2011 papers suggest that the terrorist group considered taking hostages in an effort to stop strikes by unmanned U.S. aircraft.

Documents purportedly from al-Qaeda fighters in Mali and obtained by the Associated Press outline a strategy of kidnapping "in exchange for the drone strategy."

Kidnappings would "bring back the pressure of the American public opinion in a more active way" against drones, according to the papers, which the New York-based news service translated from Arabic. The document is focused on Yemen.

DRONE ATTACKS

In Pakistan, where such U.S. strikes aimed at terrorists have been an irritant to relations, Secretary of State John Kerry said yesterday that drone attacks may end soon.

"I think the program will end, as we have eliminated most of the threat and continue to eliminate it," Kerry said in an interview broadcast by the PTV network in Pakistan.

"I think the president has a very real timeline, and we hope it’s going to be very, very soon," Kerry said.

Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Son of Anarchist
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Wonder Boy
 Originally Posted By: Son of Mxy

The Phillipines is on the cutting edge of tyranny!

Except for the Phillipine military fighting islamic terrorists in Mindanao, I didn't know the Phillipines is under martial law. I thought all that ended with the departure of Ferdinand Marcos.

I'm sure Comrade Obama would love to bring martial law here.

I was talking about the Ferdinand Marcos era. We're under a democlesy something now.

brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
brutally Kamphausened
15000+ posts
"Democlesy"?

Ah, these charming colloquialisms.

Maybe someday I'll visit the Phillipines and chat about democlesy
with some girl who promises to love me long time!

Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
I find it suspicious that you knew about this before anyone else did.

That is all.

Pimping my site, again.

http://www.worldcomicbookreview.com

Link Copied to Clipboard