Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Snapman Offline OP
1000+ posts
OP Offline
1000+ posts
Mine is the recent Rawhide Kid mini-series. I kept hearing about Ron Zimmerman's lack of talent, and the press about the series made me think of it as a cheap publicity stunt, so I didn't want to buy this when it came out (I figured I would buy the issues cheap at a convention eventually). Recently got all the issues and was really surprised. Rawhide Kid was portrayed as gay but not so stereotypically as to make the character ridiculous, and the story was fairly charming as well.

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
[eh?]

Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Banned from the DCMBs since 2002.
15000+ posts
Razorwitt sent me Hulk: Transfer of Power. I had very very low expectations. Entirely different to what I expected. Moody and tense. Great read.

Snapman Offline OP
1000+ posts
OP Offline
1000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Pig Iron:
[eh?]

Elaborate, please. [izzat so?]

Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Kisser Of John Byrne Ass
15000+ posts
Just joking. I don't buy any marvel books currently based upon other posts throughout this forum. I have read some Zimmerman stuff though in store and online..and what I've read I didn't like. I just hate the re-imaging of characters or outing of characters. I wish creators would just make new characters who are homosexual as starring characters..

100+ posts
100+ posts
Peter David's Supergirl. I really don't like anything to do with Superman (not hate exactly, just the character bores me) so I never thought I'd like Supergirl. But I picked up the trade of the first ten issues (this a good while back mind) and really enjoyed it so started getting the series from about #30 or something and it grew quickly to became my favourite book. I think part of the reason I did love it was the fact that even though technically it was a Super-family book it wasn't really that much and even the tie-in issues and cross-over issues and stuff were good fun reads.

Snapman Offline OP
1000+ posts
OP Offline
1000+ posts
quote:
Originally posted by Pig Iron:
Just joking. I don't buy any marvel books currently based upon other posts throughout this forum. I have read some Zimmerman stuff though in store and online..and what I've read I didn't like. I just hate the re-imaging of characters or outing of characters. I wish creators would just make new characters who are homosexual as starring characters..

No problem :) . I didn't want to like it either for the reasons I stated, and I didn't want to buy into the hype and buy it immediately when it came out (just like some series I bought, such as Call of Duty and Thundercats, which disappointed me). I figured I'll find it cheaply eventually, which I did.

It also helped that some people on the old DC message boards, after the series ended, commented on how good it was, which surprised me. So I read it and turned out I liked it, too.

10000+ posts
10000+ posts
Strange, thedoctor hasn't insulted me, yet. He must still be recovering from his post-birthday hangover.

1000+ posts
1000+ posts
Liberty Meadows #27. I just bought it on a whim, largely because of the "Clark Kent transformation" parody cover. What I didn't expect was to enjoy the heck out of it.

Player Vs. Player #1? Saw an ad for it in Liberty Meadows and picked it up on a whim. I enjoyed it from cover to cover.

Batman: Child of Dreams. Bought it out of pure curiosity, to see how Batman would be done in a manga format. And by now, you now what my feelings about that particular masterpiece are. [wink]

I'm thinking of looking into more humor books and manga stuff, especially with so many superhero books taking a nosedive these days.

Link Copied to Clipboard