Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 70 of 94 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 93 94
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Obama is going on the O'Reilly factor tomorrow night. Huge risk/reward in my opinion. This is a pretty big deal considering O'Reilly will not allow him to spin his nonsense and garbage. However, if he does well it will make him look real good and maybe do what McCain did to him last week and steal some of McCain's thunder.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Don't be so sure about O'Reilly. He practically went down on Hillary to get her on the show. Like most of these "tough" talk show hosts, he has a tendency to start throwing softballs when it's a sought after guest.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
yeah I guess you're right. I hope he crucifies him.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Obama_campaign_whacks_Romney_fake_outrage.html

Quote:
Mitt Romney, in his prepared remarks, takes a veiled shot at Michelle Obama's line earlier this year that she was, for the first time, proud to be American.

"Just like you, there has never been a day when I was not proud to be an American," Romney will say, according to remarks released by the GOP.

The line prompted instant outrage from Obama's campaign.

“Barack Obama has said that families are ‘off-limits,’ and we thought that John McCain agreed. But tonight, John McCain’s handpicked attack dog, Mitt Romney, exposed the fake outrage that the Republicans have been peddling all week as the blatant hypocrisy that it is," Obama adviser Anita Dunn said in a statement. "The McCain team’s disgusting attack on Barack Obama's wife shows they would rather generate false outrage to distract from their own problems than talk about the issues facing the American people. Mitt Romney’s attack on a candidate’s wife is as pathetic as his failed presidential campaign."

In fact, there have been occasional jibes at both wives, with state party organizations in particular whacking away at Cindy and Michelle. But the Democratic convention was free, I think, even of jokes about private planes, beer money and Miss Buffalo Chip, at least from the podium.

Romney's jibe, while it doesn't name her, does seem aimed at Michelle.

Somehow Barack Obama's campaign has made it politically incorrect to state you are proud of America. His anti-american crusade is almost complete.

Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
Doog the MIGHTY
10000+ posts
????

He didn't tear Michelle Obama down, didn't mention her by name. He said (or will say) one line that in context mentions her own words but doesn't say anything wrong, or apply anything improper. As an individual, completely aside from his politics, Obama seems to be an individual completely incapable of handling any sort of criticism. Honestly if he doesn't want her criticized he needs to keep her off the campaign and tell her to shut the hell up for the next several months.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
I always thought it was the height of hypocrisy to have her actively campaigning and then say that she wasn't part of the discussion, almost like a safe zone for him. She can do a hatchet job and not face any revue of her words and actions. Her speech at the DNC convention is the traditional spouse speech, but besides that she has been an active campaign participant.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
To me, it's an easy rule: if a candidate's family campaigns for him or her, anything stupid he or she says/does as part of the campaign is fair game, just like any other campaign staffer. But anything that's unrelated to the campaign and personal is off limits.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Right, if the GOP wanted to attack Michelle for all the millions she's taken in as a board member for a hospital for the poor that would be in bad taste, but disputing her words on the campaign stump should be fair game.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
\:damn\: Palin drew blood last night.

The liberal sites are all arguing that "Jesus was a community organizer. Pontius Pilate was a governor

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Dude, you're linking to a google search. You're reached a new low.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Yeah, that was painful in its rayishness. However, I couldn't think of any other way to show that it was the "stupid desperate leftist talking point du jour" without linking to the google search.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
dirty googler

some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Can someone please introduce these Republicans to the 1960's, 70's, 80's, 90's and the new century? Please?

Quote:
Barack Obama
Georgia GOP Congressman Calls Obama 'Uppity'

Lynn Westmoreland, left, during a 2003 vote on the Georgia flag at the Capitol in Atlanta. (AP/Gregory Smith)

By Jonathan Weisman

Rep. Lynn Westmoreland, a conservative Republican from Georgia, let slip today what critics have been saying is the subtext of many of the attacks on Barack Obama: He's "uppity."

According to The Hill, a Capitol Hill newspaper, Westmoreland was discussing Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's acceptance speech outside the House chamber today when he veered into his thoughts on Michelle and Barack Obama.

"Just from what little I've seen of her and Mister Obama, Senator Obama, they're a member of an elitist class individual that thinks that they're uppity," Westmoreland said.

When a reporter sought clarification on the racially loaded word, Westmoreland replied, "Uppity, yeah."

Lynn Westmoreland, left, during a 2003 vote on the Georgia flag at the Capitol in Atlanta. (AP/Gregory Smith)

For weeks, commentators and critics have asserted that the McCain campaign's efforts to portray Obama as a vacuous celebrity smacked of historical efforts to describe African Americans seeking equality as "uppity" or not knowing "their place." The McCain campaign has heatedly denied any such thing, and has accused Obama of having "played the race card" for saying that Republicans would mock him as an outsider. Westmoreland's comments could rekindle the debate.

Westmoreland briefly gained some national attention when he sponsored legislation to post the Ten Commandments in the House and Senate chambers. Asked by Stephen Colbert in 2006 to name all ten, Westmoreland stumbled. "Um, don't murder, don't lie, don't steal," he offered, before confessing, "I can't name them."

The Republicans. The Party for 1955!

whomod #1001714 2008-09-05 8:44 PM
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Seriously? An entire article just because someone called obama h christ "uppity"?

At least it wasn't the enquirer.

rex #1001723 2008-09-05 8:55 PM
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
What does whomod have to say about Biden's previous comments about Obama and convenience store clerks?

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
so wataminute? Obama is uppity and this guy calls him out for it, and whomod has a problem with it? I forgot, whomod hates free speech.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
so wataminute? Obama is uppity and this guy calls him out for it, and whomod has a problem with it? I forgot, whomod hates free speech.

And you apparently by your own admission hate "uppity" black people.

So when's the next Klan rally?

whomod #1001755 2008-09-05 9:31 PM
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod

waitaminute i hate uppity black people? where was that? are you going to be okay? this Palin thing really got to you didnt it?

whomod #1001761 2008-09-05 9:35 PM
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod

Are these the same black people that were shot for leaving new orleans?

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Obama Denies Saudi Connection
  • Barack Obama's campaign is flatly denying a story told by former Manhattan Borough President Percy Sutton, who cast an ex-Black Panther turned Muslim businessman and lecturer as a key Obama mentor

Sutton, now in his late 80s and mostly off the public stage, told NY1's Dominic Carter that he was asked to write a letter of recommendation to Harvard Law School on Obama's behalf by a man named Khalid al-Mansour of Texas, "the principle adviser to one of the world's richest men" who was also "raising money for [Obama]."

Obama spokesman Ben LaBolt told Politico that "Obama did not know and does not know Khalid al-Mansour."

The person to whom Sutton was apparently referring, al-Mansour, is a former Black Panther and an adviser to Saudi royalty who has produced, as Amanda Carpenter noted, some YouTube clips that would light up cable television if he's actually been close to Obama. He's also been quoted backing the Palestinian side in the Middle East conflict, though he has not been quoted supporting violence there.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
If you were whomod you would have started off saying......It keeps getting better and better!

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
And followed it with a YouTube clip of Olbermann and several dancing nanas

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
while jerking off to a picture of Lenin.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
while being fucked in the ass by Nancy Grace wearing a dildo!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://www.gallup.com/poll/110047/Gallup-Daily-Obamas-Lead-Shrinks-Points.aspx

Quote:
Barack Obama's advantage over John McCain has been shrinking since the start of the Republican National Convention, and is now down to just two percentage points -- 47% to 45% -- too close to call. This is according to Gallup Poll Daily tracking from Wednesday through Friday, Sept. 3-5.

Obama had led McCain by as much as eight percentage points in recent days, both during and immediately after the Democratic National Convention in Denver. Those results reflected a convention bounce for Obama of four percentage points in his support among registered voters (from 45% to 49%). It appears that McCain is now enjoying a rebound bounce coming out of the Republican National Convention in St. Paul that is nullifying some of Obama's gains. (To view the complete trend since March 7, 2008, click here.)

The interviewing for today's report partially reflects public opinion following the highlights of the Republican National Convention on Wednesday and Thursday nights when McCain and his running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, made their acceptance speeches. This includes a strong night for McCain in Friday's interviewing, the first full night of interviewing following his acceptance speech.

The first Gallup Poll Daily tracking report based on interviewing conducted entirely after McCain's speech (from Friday through Sunday) will be published on Monday. The test for McCain will be whether he can do more than return the race to the absolute tie seen at the beginning of the convention period, and actually lead Obama by a significant margin for the first time since late April/early May. -- Lydia Saad

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080905/ap_on_go_ot/capitol_armed_man;_ylt=AnJ3uvVGbP_dSrZBHgBY_5GyFz4D

Quote:
Capitol Police arrested a man Friday after they found a grenade and several weapons in his car several blocks from the Capitol building.

Christopher Shelton Timmons, 27, of Orange, Va., was charged with carrying a deadly weapon and possessing unregistered firearms and ammunition, said Capitol Police spokeswoman Sgt. Kimberly Schneider.

Timmons was detained after he stopped to ask a police officer for directions and the officer saw a rifle case in the car.

A search of the car, a Jeep Cherokee, turned up a rifle, a live grenade, a pistol, ammunition, magazines with ammunition in them and several other "items of concern," Schneider said.

Police closed nearby streets for several hours while conducting the search. The incident occurred near the Library of Congress southeast of the Capitol.

The FBI, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and District of Columbia police assisted in the investigation.

I heard this has since been cleared up, apparently this guy was just in the neighborhood to pick up Bill Ayers after a meeting with Obama....

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

...Capitol Police arrested a man Friday after they found a grenade and several weapons in his car several blocks from the Capitol building....

Well...classes DID just start up again at Georgetown and GWU...

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

whoopsy!

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

"Holy Freudian Slip, Batman!"

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
George should have let him keep digging his own hole....

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Not if he wanted to keep his job. He already got in deep shit with his Democrat masters for having the balls to ask Obama about William Ayers last April.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
The NY Times reports that the Obama campaign is having trouble meeting its fundraising goals after its decision not to accept public financing.

So now Obama is embracing outside 527 groups (ie, groups like MoveOn and the SwiftBoat vets).

You might recall, when Obama broke his pledge to accept public financing, his excuse was that the system was broken, and that he needed money to fight Republican outside groups that were out to slime him.

Now it turns out that he won't take public money and he will be relying on outside groups.

A new kind of politics, indeed.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Over at ABC, I see that Bill Ayers has released a new statement in comic strip form.

The only concession/apology he makes for being a terrorist is now saying that "I don't think violent resistence is necessarily the answer."

Strangely enough, he forgot to remind us that blowing up buildings and risking lives is just a college prank.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
well "warnings were always called in", g-man, cut the guy a fucking break! i'm sure if he was a dirty terrorist that didn't call in threats to terrorize law abiding Americans Obama wouldn't have been best friends with him!

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
it's sort of like having a loud kegger at your frat, letting the neighbors know ahead of time there will be some noise.....

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
well "warnings were always called in", g-man...

Well, according to the far left, Bush got a warning about 9/11. So I guess, by the far left's own logic and claims, Osama Bin Laden isn't a terrorist either.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
how can Bin Laden be responsible for those crimes, Barack Obama was only 40 at the time Bin Laden committed them!

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Obama Repeatedly Quotes Cartoonist While on Campaign Trail:

• Obama's 'lipstick on a pig' comment grabbed all the headlines, but a line he delivered just before that has critics wondering if his speechwriter is a cartoonist.

On Tuesday, for the third time in four days, Obama borrowed a lengthy bubble quote from Washington Post cartoonist Tom Toles. He did not acknowledge the origin of the quote the first time he used it and credited the cartoon only after the Post contacted the Obama campaign to ask about the first use.

Asked about the lifting of Toles’ line, Obama campaign spokesman Ben LaBolt said that the candidate did not initially know the source of the line, which he had gotten from a friend.

“This came to Senator Obama from a friend who didn’t indicate where he had gotten it from, but the questions it raises certainly continue to ring true,”

Toles told FOXNews.com that after the first use, Post editors got in touch with the campaign and Obama made sure to credit Toles when he used the line on Monday. But in Tuesday’s speech, he again used the line without referencing the cartoon.

Page 70 of 94 1 2 68 69 70 71 72 93 94

Link Copied to Clipboard