15000+ posts
OP Offline
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
007: Quantum of Solace

The Day The Earth Stood Still - Or 'The Day They Raped Another Classic Film'

City of Ember - Bill Murray.

The Promotion

The Rocker - Dwight from The Office as a washed up drummer.

The Foot Fist Way

Bigger, Stronger, Faster - A look at steroids in American culture.

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
thedoctor #981040 2008-07-15 2:38 AM
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
brother from another mother
15000+ posts
I have hopes for Solace to be a good movie.

"My friends have always been the best of me." -Doctor Who

"Well,whenever I'm confused,I just check my underwear. It holds most answers to life's questions." Abe Simpson

I can tell by the position of the sun in the sky, that is time for us to go. Until next time, I am Lothar of the Hill People!
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Terminator Salvation
http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_15055.html

Scroll down for the video.

Jeremy #981931 2008-07-17 5:50 PM
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
there's nothing but a Quick Reply: box.....

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Jeremy, you lying bastard!

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
thedoctor #982009 2008-07-17 11:51 PM
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts

Jeremy #982014 2008-07-18 12:38 AM
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Regenerated
15000+ posts
Solace looks hard as fuck. I'm loving this new Bond series...

Prometheus #983999 2008-07-24 5:06 AM
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Anyone seeing Star Wars Clone Wars? I'm skipping it.

Jeremy #984051 2008-07-24 6:44 PM
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Thanks for linking to it.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
rex #984096 2008-07-24 7:51 PM
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts
devil-lovin' Bat-Man
15000+ posts

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Burn After Reading : The Coehn Brothers fill another movie full with a great cast.

Jeremy #985749 2008-07-29 8:43 PM
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
1 Millionth Customer
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Jeremy
Terminator Salvation
http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_15055.html

Scroll down for the video.

I really like the Sarah Conner Chronicles and was hesitant about seeing a post-apocalyptic Terminator film after T3 sucked so bad. But Christian Bale as John Conner is intriguing.

Bow ties are coool.
thedoctor #985941 2008-07-30 4:18 AM
I've got more guns than you.
6000+ posts
6000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: thedoctor
Burn After Reading : The Coehn Brothers fill another movie full with a great cast.

Looks good. I think I know what I'mma be doing for my birthday.

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
-- Lothar of the Hill People
PCG342 #985977 2008-07-30 12:49 PM
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
'Paying rent'?

thedoctor #986104 2008-07-30 11:05 PM
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Living the dream
15000+ posts
Pretending to commit suicide?

Jeremy #1003343 2008-09-11 7:08 PM
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
  • Sukiyaki Western Django - Famed Japanese auteur Takashi Miike, who is best known for cult classics such as Audition, Ichi: the Killer, and Children of Lost Souls, brings a fresh new look at the beloved spaghetti Western genre in Sukiyaki Western Django. Two clans, Genji, the white clan led by Yoshitsune, and Heike, the red clan led by Kiyomori, battle for a legendary treasure hidden in a poor mountain town. One day a lone gunman, burdened with deep emotional scars but blessed with incredible shooting skills, drifts into town. Expectations reach a boiling point as everyone wonders which gang the gunman will finally decide to join. Dirty tricks, betrayal, desire, and love collide as the situation erupts into a final, explosive showdown.

• Appaloosa - Set in the Old West territory of New Mexico, “Appaloosa” revolves around a pair of hired guns (Viggo Mortensen and Ed Harris) who come to clean up a dangerous town run by a ruthless, powerful rancher (Jeremy Irons) and his band of outlaws. While boldly bringing new order to the town, the two fearless lawmen meet a provocative outsider (Renee Zellweger) whose unconventional ways threaten to destroy their decade-old bond.

• Max Payne - Maverick cop Max Payne (Wahlberg) is hell-bent on revenge against those responsible for the brutal murder of his family and partner. His obsessive investigation takes him on a nightmarish journey into a dark underworld. As the mystery deepens, Max is forced to battle enemies beyond the natural world and face an unthinkable betrayal.

• Rock N Rolla - “RocknRolla,” a story of sex, thugs and rock ‘n roll. The film takes a dangerous ride into high crime and low life in contemporary London, where real estate has supplanted drugs as the biggest market, and criminals are its most enthusiastic entrepreneurs. With millions up for grabs, all of London’s criminal underworld conspires, colludes and collides with one another in an effort to take their cut. But as high rollers and petty criminals alike jockey for dominance, the true prize of one multi-million-dollar deal will fall into the hands of a junkie rock star, presumed dead but very much alive.

• Stealing America Vote by Vote - For more than thirty years, exit polls accurately predicted election results. Over the last ten years that reliability has disappeared. What’s going on? The last two presidential elections both came down to a relatively small number of votes, and in both elections the integrity of the voting process has been called into question. With the upcoming election looking to be similarly close, the time has come to ask the questions: What happened in 2000 and 2004? What, if anything, has changed since? And what can be done to ensure a fair and honest tabulation of votes in 2008? This film brings together behind-the-scenes perspectives from the U.S presidential election of 2004 - plus startling stories from key races in 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2006. The film sheds light on a decade of vote counts that don’t match votes cast - uncounted ballots, vote switching, under-votes, an many other examples of election totals that warrant serious investigation. This film unveils patterns of anomalies at every level of the electoral process. Controversial partnerships perpetuate a secretive environment, as relevant facts and figures remain hidden from view. As a result, most Americans have no real sense of the threat to fair elections. As seemingly unrelated pieces of the puzzle come together, a chilling picture emerges: of widespread, artfully crafted “glitches” that, in the final tallies, have the capacity to alter election results.

• Ping Pong Playa - Christopher “C-DUB” Wang is a suburban guy who sports an urban swagger, waxes political on all things Asian American, and clings to pipe dreams of a career as a pro basketball player. Blaming genetics for his failure to make the NBA, C-dub lives at home, works a dead- end job, and squirms in the shadow of his older brother, Michael, a doctor and ping pong champion. With a family-run store devoted to all things ping pong and a mom who teaches it at the local Chinese Community Center, the Wang’s entire world revolves around the sport. But despite the family legacy, C- dub opts to spend his free time playing video games and daydreaming about get-rich quick schemes with his best friend JP Money. C-dub is kicked back into reality when his mom and Michael are hurt in a car accident, leaving his father to watch over the store and forcing C-dub to take over his mom’s ping pong class of misfits. C- dub starts to appreciate the benefits of ping pong when he starts using the class to make some extra money on the side and befriending one of the kids who happen to have a beautiful older sister. But when the Wang family livelihood is threatened by a rival ping pong player’s attempt to lure the kids away, C-dub begins to take things more seriously. With the National Golden Cock coming up and an injured Michael unable to defend his title, C-dub must become the player he pretends to be and defend his family’s ping pong dynasty.

• Humboldt County - At the edge of the continent and on the margins of society is a region of California known to some as “The Lost Coast.” It is there, in HUMBOLDT COUNTY, that Peter Hadley (Jeremy Strong) - a promising yet disillusioned medical student failed by his professor (Peter Bogdanovich) - stumbles upon a remote community of counterculture marijuana farmers and a warmly embracing, yet eccentric family played by Frances Conroy, Fairuza Balk, Chris Messina, Brad Dourif, and newcomer Madison Davenport. From directors Darren Grodsky and Danny Jacobs, who also co-wrote the screenplay, HUMBOLDT COUNTY is a story of the human soul in search of happiness, and the unexpected places we can sometimes call home.

• An American Carol - The American spirit is celebrated in the outrageous and totally irreverent comedy An American Carol from David Zucker, the master of movie satire (Airplane!, The Naked Gun, Scary Movie 3 and 4).

• Ghost Town - In the comedy "Ghost Town," Bertram Pincus (Ricky Gervais) is a man whose people skills leave much to be desired. When Pincus dies unexpectedly, but is miraculously revived after seven minutes, he wakes up to discover that he now has the annoying ability to see ghosts. Even worse, they all want something from him, particularly Frank Herlihy (Greg Kinnear), who pesters him into breaking up the impending marriage of his widow Gwen (Téa Leoni).

• The Haunting of Molly Hartley - In this tale of spell binding suspense, something evil lurks just beneath the lush surfaces of teenaged girl’s private school world - and it holds the rights to her very soul. Now, on the eve of her 18th birthday, Molly Hartley is about to discover the truth of just who, or rather what, it is she is destined to become.

• Fast and Furious - Vin Diesel and Paul Walker reteam for the ultimate chapter of the franchise built on speed—Fast & Furious. Heading back to the streets where it all began, they rejoin Michelle Rodriguez and Jordana Brewster to blast muscle, tuner and exotic cars across Los Angeles and floor through the Mexican desert in the new high-octane action-thriller. When a crime brings them back to L.A., fugitive ex-con Dom Toretto (Diesel) reignites his feud with agent Brian O’Conner (Walker). But as they are forced to confront a shared enemy, Dom and Brian must give in to an uncertain new trust if they hope to outmanuever him. And from convoy heists to precision tunnel crawls across international lines, two men will find the best way to get revenge: push the limits of what’s possible behind the wheel.

• Surfer, Dude - Synopsis Steve Addington, long-boarding, herb-totting, soul-surfer, returns to Malibu for the summer to find his hometown vibe corrupted. New sponsorship demands the surfer expand into Virtual-Reality Video Games and Reality TV. Unwilling to participate in this new digital-reality, Addington chooses to stay earthen and analog, surfing majestic So-Cal waves. But in a biblical twist-of-fate, the waves go flat and stay flat. Out of money, his sponsored expense-accounts canceled, betrayed by his buddies, the waveless Addington is backed into a harsh corner. He must endure the insanity of the wave drought or give into the Man and his reality-altering machines and pre-packaged amusements. Aided and abetted by his manager (Woody Harrelson), his mentor (Scott Glenn), his guardian-angel (Willie Nelson) and his summer lover, (Alexie Gilmore), Addington (Matthew McConaughey) has a high-quality chance of keeping his cool, maintaining his mellow and bringing harmony to his fractured and waveless world. It won’t be easy.

• Allah Made Me Funny - This landmark concert film follows three acclaimed comedians on stage and off as they lift the veil to reveal the humorous side of what it’s really like to be American and Muslim. Mo Amer, Azhar Usman, and Preacher Moss poke fun at themselves, their communities, government, human nature and the tricky predicament of living in post- 9/11 America. Featuring music of rising indie scene artists, Allah Made Me Funny: Live in Concert is rollicking good fun and gives people of all cultural backgrounds an opportunity to laugh hard, drop their guard, and open their minds.

• Whaledreamers - whaledreamers - the title alone evokes hypnotic visions of these most magnificent and ancient creatures. This visually stunning film offers an incredible glimpse into a rarely seen and scarcely understood tribal culture whose entire story of creation revolves around whales and has endured for centuries. The film passionately explores the connection between the subtle elegance of these “mothers of the sea” and ancient civilizations around the world whose culture and very existence is based on whales. Intertwining incredible underwater footage with ancient legend, whaledreamers examines the complex past and the possibly dire future of human civilization. Told with moving optimism and spiritual strength, it is a clarion call encouraging humanity’s reconnection to the profound beauty of the natural world and is an appeal to embrace all living beings thereby creating the unity and peace which the Earth itself can bring.

thedoctor #1003345 2008-09-11 7:12 PM
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
kung-fu treachery
5000+ posts
  • Max Payne - Maverick cop Max Payne (Wahlberg) is hell-bent on revenge against those responsible for the brutal murder of his family and partner. His obsessive investigation takes him on a nightmarish journey into a dark underworld. As the mystery deepens, Max is forced to battle enemies beyond the natural world and face an unthinkable betrayal.

Probably

• Rock N Rolla - “RocknRolla,” a story of sex, thugs and rock ‘n roll. The film takes a dangerous ride into high crime and low life in contemporary London, where real estate has supplanted drugs as the biggest market, and criminals are its most enthusiastic entrepreneurs. With millions up for grabs, all of London’s criminal underworld conspires, colludes and collides with one another in an effort to take their cut. But as high rollers and petty criminals alike jockey for dominance, the true prize of one multi-million-dollar deal will fall into the hands of a junkie rock star, presumed dead but very much alive.

Eventually

• Ghost Town - In the comedy "Ghost Town," Bertram Pincus (Ricky Gervais) is a man whose people skills leave much to be desired. When Pincus dies unexpectedly, but is miraculously revived after seven minutes, he wakes up to discover that he now has the annoying ability to see ghosts. Even worse, they all want something from him, particularly Frank Herlihy (Greg Kinnear), who pesters him into breaking up the impending marriage of his widow Gwen (Téa Leoni).

Yes.

• Fast and Furious - Vin Diesel and Paul Walker reteam for the ultimate chapter of the franchise built on speed—Fast & Furious. Heading back to the streets where it all began, they rejoin Michelle Rodriguez and Jordana Brewster to blast muscle, tuner and exotic cars across Los Angeles and floor through the Mexican desert in the new high-octane action-thriller. When a crime brings them back to L.A., fugitive ex-con Dom Toretto (Diesel) reignites his feud with agent Brian O’Conner (Walker). But as they are forced to confront a shared enemy, Dom and Brian must give in to an uncertain new trust if they hope to outmanuever him. And from convoy heists to precision tunnel crawls across international lines, two men will find the best way to get revenge: push the limits of what’s possible behind the wheel.

Wow.

Glacier16 #1003350 2008-09-11 7:23 PM
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Appaloosa looks good too. And it's directed by Ed Harris.

thedoctor #1003355 2008-09-11 7:41 PM
Inglourious Basterd!!!
15000+ posts
Inglourious Basterd!!!
15000+ posts
list][*]Sukiyaki Western Django - Famed Japanese auteur Takashi Miike, who is best known for cult classics such as Audition, Ichi: the Killer, and Children of Lost Souls, brings a fresh new look at the beloved spaghetti Western genre in Sukiyaki Western Django. Two clans, Genji, the white clan led by Yoshitsune, and Heike, the red clan led by Kiyomori, battle for a legendary treasure hidden in a poor mountain town. One day a lone gunman, burdened with deep emotional scars but blessed with incredible shooting skills, drifts into town. Expectations reach a boiling point as everyone wonders which gang the gunman will finally decide to join. Dirty tricks, betrayal, desire, and love collide as the situation erupts into a final, explosive showdown.

• Abso-fucking-lutely.

[*]Appaloosa - Set in the Old West territory of New Mexico, “Appaloosa” revolves around a pair of hired guns (Viggo Mortensen and Ed Harris) who come to clean up a dangerous town run by a ruthless, powerful rancher (Jeremy Irons) and his band of outlaws. While boldly bringing new order to the town, the two fearless lawmen meet a provocative outsider (Renee Zellweger) whose unconventional ways threaten to destroy their decade-old bond.

• Maybe.

[*]Max Payne - Maverick cop Max Payne (Wahlberg) is hell-bent on revenge against those responsible for the brutal murder of his family and partner. His obsessive investigation takes him on a nightmarish journey into a dark underworld. As the mystery deepens, Max is forced to battle enemies beyond the natural world and face an unthinkable betrayal.

• The director sucks. Their trying to get a PG-13 rating. No chance I'm seeing this.

[*]Rock N Rolla - “RocknRolla,” a story of sex, thugs and rock ‘n roll. The film takes a dangerous ride into high crime and low life in contemporary London, where real estate has supplanted drugs as the biggest market, and criminals are its most enthusiastic entrepreneurs. With millions up for grabs, all of London’s criminal underworld conspires, colludes and collides with one another in an effort to take their cut. But as high rollers and petty criminals alike jockey for dominance, the true prize of one multi-million-dollar deal will fall into the hands of a junkie rock star, presumed dead but very much alive.

• Elvis?

Doubt I'll see this.

[*]Stealing America Vote by Vote - For more than thirty years, exit polls accurately predicted election results. Over the last ten years that reliability has disappeared. What’s going on? The last two presidential elections both came down to a relatively small number of votes, and in both elections the integrity of the voting process has been called into question. With the upcoming election looking to be similarly close, the time has come to ask the questions: What happened in 2000 and 2004? What, if anything, has changed since? And what can be done to ensure a fair and honest tabulation of votes in 2008? This film brings together behind-the-scenes perspectives from the U.S presidential election of 2004 - plus startling stories from key races in 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2006. The film sheds light on a decade of vote counts that don’t match votes cast - uncounted ballots, vote switching, under-votes, an many other examples of election totals that warrant serious investigation. This film unveils patterns of anomalies at every level of the electoral process. Controversial partnerships perpetuate a secretive environment, as relevant facts and figures remain hidden from view. As a result, most Americans have no real sense of the threat to fair elections. As seemingly unrelated pieces of the puzzle come together, a chilling picture emerges: of widespread, artfully crafted “glitches” that, in the final tallies, have the capacity to alter election results.

• I'm sure more than a few posters here will see this and whine about it in the Politics Forum.

[*]Ping Pong Playa - Christopher “C-DUB” Wang is a suburban guy who sports an urban swagger, waxes political on all things Asian American, and clings to pipe dreams of a career as a pro basketball player. Blaming genetics for his failure to make the NBA, C-dub lives at home, works a dead- end job, and squirms in the shadow of his older brother, Michael, a doctor and ping pong champion. With a family-run store devoted to all things ping pong and a mom who teaches it at the local Chinese Community Center, the Wang’s entire world revolves around the sport. But despite the family legacy, C- dub opts to spend his free time playing video games and daydreaming about get-rich quick schemes with his best friend JP Money. C-dub is kicked back into reality when his mom and Michael are hurt in a car accident, leaving his father to watch over the store and forcing C-dub to take over his mom’s ping pong class of misfits. C- dub starts to appreciate the benefits of ping pong when he starts using the class to make some extra money on the side and befriending one of the kids who happen to have a beautiful older sister. But when the Wang family livelihood is threatened by a rival ping pong player’s attempt to lure the kids away, C-dub begins to take things more seriously. With the National Golden Cock coming up and an injured Michael unable to defend his title, C-dub must become the player he pretends to be and defend his family’s ping pong dynasty.

• This sound shitty.

[*]Humboldt County - At the edge of the continent and on the margins of society is a region of California known to some as “The Lost Coast.” It is there, in HUMBOLDT COUNTY, that Peter Hadley (Jeremy Strong) - a promising yet disillusioned medical student failed by his professor (Peter Bogdanovich) - stumbles upon a remote community of counterculture marijuana farmers and a warmly embracing, yet eccentric family played by Frances Conroy, Fairuza Balk, Chris Messina, Brad Dourif, and newcomer Madison Davenport. From directors Darren Grodsky and Danny Jacobs, who also co-wrote the screenplay, HUMBOLDT COUNTY is a story of the human soul in search of happiness, and the unexpected places we can sometimes call home.

• Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

[*]An American Carol - The American spirit is celebrated in the outrageous and totally irreverent comedy An American Carol from David Zucker, the master of movie satire (Airplane!, The Naked Gun, Scary Movie 3 and 4).

• Another shitty movie that'll spoof movies about 6 months too late. Zucker needs to die.

[*]Ghost Town - In the comedy "Ghost Town," Bertram Pincus (Ricky Gervais) is a man whose people skills leave much to be desired. When Pincus dies unexpectedly, but is miraculously revived after seven minutes, he wakes up to discover that he now has the annoying ability to see ghosts. Even worse, they all want something from him, particularly Frank Herlihy (Greg Kinnear), who pesters him into breaking up the impending marriage of his widow Gwen (Téa Leoni).

• Maybe...

[*]The Haunting of Molly Hartley - In this tale of spell binding suspense, something evil lurks just beneath the lush surfaces of teenaged girl’s private school world - and it holds the rights to her very soul. Now, on the eve of her 18th birthday, Molly Hartley is about to discover the truth of just who, or rather what, it is she is destined to become.

• Depends on the reviews. But I've been hearing things about this flick.

[*]Fast and Furious - Vin Diesel and Paul Walker reteam for the ultimate chapter of the franchise built on speed—Fast & Furious. Heading back to the streets where it all began, they rejoin Michelle Rodriguez and Jordana Brewster to blast muscle, tuner and exotic cars across Los Angeles and floor through the Mexican desert in the new high-octane action-thriller. When a crime brings them back to L.A., fugitive ex-con Dom Toretto (Diesel) reignites his feud with agent Brian O’Conner (Walker). But as they are forced to confront a shared enemy, Dom and Brian must give in to an uncertain new trust if they hope to outmanuever him. And from convoy heists to precision tunnel crawls across international lines, two men will find the best way to get revenge: push the limits of what’s possible behind the wheel.

• Another shitty sequel.

[*]Surfer, Dude - Synopsis Steve Addington, long-boarding, herb-totting, soul-surfer, returns to Malibu for the summer to find his hometown vibe corrupted. New sponsorship demands the surfer expand into Virtual-Reality Video Games and Reality TV. Unwilling to participate in this new digital-reality, Addington chooses to stay earthen and analog, surfing majestic So-Cal waves. But in a biblical twist-of-fate, the waves go flat and stay flat. Out of money, his sponsored expense-accounts canceled, betrayed by his buddies, the waveless Addington is backed into a harsh corner. He must endure the insanity of the wave drought or give into the Man and his reality-altering machines and pre-packaged amusements. Aided and abetted by his manager (Woody Harrelson), his mentor (Scott Glenn), his guardian-angel (Willie Nelson) and his summer lover, (Alexie Gilmore), Addington (Matthew McConaughey) has a high-quality chance of keeping his cool, maintaining his mellow and bringing harmony to his fractured and waveless world. It won’t be easy.

• Blah blah blah shitty.

[*]Allah Made Me Funny - This landmark concert film follows three acclaimed comedians on stage and off as they lift the veil to reveal the humorous side of what it’s really like to be American and Muslim. Mo Amer, Azhar Usman, and Preacher Moss poke fun at themselves, their communities, government, human nature and the tricky predicament of living in post- 9/11 America. Featuring music of rising indie scene artists, Allah Made Me Funny: Live in Concert is rollicking good fun and gives people of all cultural backgrounds an opportunity to laugh hard, drop their guard, and open their minds.

• "The Sheiks Of Comedy" was a taken title?

[*]Whaledreamers - whaledreamers - the title alone evokes hypnotic visions of these most magnificent and ancient creatures. This visually stunning film offers an incredible glimpse into a rarely seen and scarcely understood tribal culture whose entire story of creation revolves around whales and has endured for centuries. The film passionately explores the connection between the subtle elegance of these “mothers of the sea” and ancient civilizations around the world whose culture and very existence is based on whales. Intertwining incredible underwater footage with ancient legend, whaledreamers examines the complex past and the possibly dire future of human civilization. Told with moving optimism and spiritual strength, it is a clarion call encouraging humanity’s reconnection to the profound beauty of the natural world and is an appeal to embrace all living beings thereby creating the unity and peace which the Earth itself can bring.

• An IMAX flick that I'll avoid.

Uschi said:
    I won't rape you, I'll just fuck you 'till it hurts and then not stop and you'll cry.

MisterJLA: RACKS so hard, he called Jim Rome "Chris Everett." In Him, all porn is possible. He is far above mentions in so-called "blogs." RACK him, lest ye be lost!

"I can't even brush my teeth without gagging!" - Tommy Tantillo: Wank & Cry, heckpuppy, and general laughingstock

[Linked Image from i6.photobucket.com]
    thedoctor #1003356 2008-09-11 7:50 PM
    The conscience of the rkmbs!
    15000+ posts
    The conscience of the rkmbs!
    15000+ posts
    • Sukiyaki Western Django - Famed Japanese auteur Takashi Miike, who is best known for cult classics such as Audition, Ichi: the Killer, and Children of Lost Souls, brings a fresh new look at the beloved spaghetti Western genre in Sukiyaki Western Django. Two clans, Genji, the white clan led by Yoshitsune, and Heike, the red clan led by Kiyomori, battle for a legendary treasure hidden in a poor mountain town. One day a lone gunman, burdened with deep emotional scars but blessed with incredible shooting skills, drifts into town. Expectations reach a boiling point as everyone wonders which gang the gunman will finally decide to join. Dirty tricks, betrayal, desire, and love collide as the situation erupts into a final, explosive showdown.

Yes.

Quote:
    • Appaloosa - Set in the Old West territory of New Mexico, “Appaloosa” revolves around a pair of hired guns (Viggo Mortensen and Ed Harris) who come to clean up a dangerous town run by a ruthless, powerful rancher (Jeremy Irons) and his band of outlaws. While boldly bringing new order to the town, the two fearless lawmen meet a provocative outsider (Renee Zellweger) whose unconventional ways threaten to destroy their decade-old bond.

I was kind of interested until I heard Zellweger was in it. And Mortenson gets more pretentious with each new film I see him in.

No.

Quote:

Yes, interestingly enough.

Joe Mama #1003359 2008-09-11 8:01 PM
    Timelord. Drunkard.
    15000+ posts
    OP Offline
    Timelord. Drunkard.
    15000+ posts
     Originally Posted By: Joe Mama
    • An American Carol - The American spirit is celebrated in the outrageous and totally irreverent comedy An American Carol from David Zucker, the master of movie satire (Airplane!, The Naked Gun, Scary Movie 3 and 4).

Another shitty movie that'll spoof movies about 6 months too late. Zucker needs to die.

Actually, I think the Zucker Brothers and Abrahams are the directors who best understand the spoof genre. I found his Scary Movie films to be the funniest ones.

thedoctor #1003361 2008-09-11 8:14 PM
    PJP Offline
    We already are
    15000+ posts
    We already are
    15000+ posts
    Appaloosa, fast and furious, and max payne sound good to me. I am a big Jeremy Irons fan.

PJP #1003362 2008-09-11 8:16 PM
    Timelord. Drunkard.
    15000+ posts
    OP Offline
    Timelord. Drunkard.
    15000+ posts
     Originally Posted By: The New Adventures of Old PJP
    Appaloosa, .... I am a big Jeremy Irons fan.

He's a good character actor. And I don't think they make damn near enough westerns these days. 3:10 to Yuma was damned good.

thedoctor #1003366 2008-09-11 8:33 PM
    rex Offline
    Who will I break next?
    15000+ posts
    Who will I break next?
    15000+ posts

Another shitty movie that'll spoof movies about 6 months too late. Zucker needs to die.

Actually, I think the Zucker Brothers and Abrahams are the directors who best understand the spoof genre. I found his Scary Movie films to be the funniest ones.

The first two scary movies were great. Everything after that has been horrible.

rex #1003367 2008-09-11 8:41 PM
    Timelord. Drunkard.
    15000+ posts
    OP Offline
    Timelord. Drunkard.
    15000+ posts
    I forgot you love of the Wayans Brothers.

thedoctor #1003369 2008-09-11 8:57 PM
    Timelord. Drunkard.
    15000+ posts
    OP Offline
    Timelord. Drunkard.
    15000+ posts

• I.O.U.S.A. - I.O.U.S.A. boldly examines the rapidly growing national debt and its consequences for the United States and its citizens. Burdened with an ever-expanding government and military, increased international competition, overextended entitlement programs, and debts to foreign countries that are becoming impossible to honor, America must mend its spendthrift ways or face an economic disaster of epic proportions. Throughout history, the American government has found it nearly impossible to spend only what has been raised through taxes. Wielding candid interviews with both average American taxpayers and government officials, Sundance veteran Patrick Creadon (Wordplay) helps demystify the nation’s financial practices and policies. The film follows former U.S. Comptroller General David Walker as he crisscrosses the country explaining America’s unsustainable fiscal policies to its citizens. With surgical precision, Creadon interweaves archival footage and economic data to paint a vivid and alarming profile of America’s current economic situation. The ultimate power of I.O.U.S.A. is that the film moves beyond doomsday rhetoric to proffer potential financial scenarios and propose solutions about how we can recreate a fiscally sound nation for future generations. Creadon uses candid interviews and his featured subjects include Warren Buffett, Alan Greenspan, Paul O’Neill, Robert Rubin, and Paul Volcker, along with the Peter G. Peterson Foundation’s own David Walker and Bob Bixby of the Concord Coalition, a Foundation grantee. Pointedly topical and consummately nonpartisan, I.O.U.S.A. drives home the message that the only time for America’s financial future is now.

• Cthulhu - Adapted from a story by H.P. Lovecraft. A Seattle history professor, drawn back to his estranged family on the Oregon coast to execute his late mother’s estate, is reacquainted with his best friend from childhood, with whom he has a long-awaited tryst. Caught in an accelerating series of events, he discovers aspects of his father’s New Age cult which take on a dangerous and apocalyptic significance.

• ack Brooks- Monster Slayer - After witnessing the brutal murder of his family, Jack Brooks (Trevor Matthews) is left with an unquenchable fury that he is constantly fighting to control. Now working as a local plumber and struggling in a relationship with his girlfriend Eve (Rachel Skarsten), Jack’s life has become a downward spiral. One night, Jack attempts to fix Professor Crowley’s (Robert Englund) old, rusted pipes, but unknowingly awakens an ancient evil. Lured by this demonic power, Professor Crowley discovers a monstrous black heart that quickly forces its way inside of him. Possessed by the heart now beating in his chest, the Professor starts a slow, gruesome transformation. It is at this moment that Jack realizes he can’t run from his past, and quickly discovers the true purpose of his inner rage.

Joe Mama #1003370 2008-09-11 9:14 PM
    The Once, and Future Cunt
    15000+ posts
    15000+ posts
    Zucker needs to die.

Dave, man. I love and respect you.

But are you out of your fucking mind?

rex #1003371 2008-09-11 9:17 PM
    15000+ posts
    15000+ posts
     Originally Posted By: rex

The first two scary movies were great. Everything after that has been horrible.

I think the trouble is that you assholes are blaming Zucker for shit like Epic Movie, Superhero Movie, and Meet the Spartans.

Which is a rip off of Zucker's style not actually Zucker written, produced or directed.

Joe Mama #1003372 2008-09-11 9:18 PM
    Officially "too old for this shit"
    15000+ posts
    Officially "too old for this shit"
    15000+ posts
    [*]An American Carol - The American spirit is celebrated in the outrageous and totally irreverent comedy An American Carol from David Zucker, the master of movie satire (Airplane!, The Naked Gun, Scary Movie 3 and 4).....Another shitty movie that'll spoof movies about 6 months too late. Zucker needs to die.

Actually, this is a spoof of Michael Moore and Hollywood liberals, a problem which, sadly, never goes away.

15000+ posts
    15000+ posts
    I enjoyed all four Scary Movies.

thedoctor #1003375 2008-09-11 9:21 PM
    15000+ posts
    15000+ posts
     Originally Posted By: The New Adventures of Old PJP
    Appaloosa, .... I am a big Jeremy Irons fan.

He's a good character actor. And I don't think they make damn near enough westerns these days. 3:10 to Yuma was damned good.

It was OK.

Christian Bale's character moved around pretty well for a dude who got a wooden leg in the 1800's

rex Offline
    Who will I break next?
    15000+ posts
    Who will I break next?
    15000+ posts
     Originally Posted By: Ultimate Jaburg53

I think the trouble is that you assholes are blaming Zucker for shit like Epic Movie, Superhero Movie, and Meet the Spartans.

Which is a rip off of Zucker's style not actually Zucker written, produced or directed.

I'm not blaming him for those. I don't even know who did those and I don't care in the off chance that I meet one of them and strangle them to death.

thedoctor #1003390 2008-09-11 10:42 PM
    Inglourious Basterd!!!
    15000+ posts
    Inglourious Basterd!!!
    15000+ posts

Seeing it. Don't even have to watch the trailer.

• I.O.U.S.A. - I.O.U.S.A. boldly examines the rapidly growing national debt and its consequences for the United States and its citizens. Burdened with an ever-expanding government and military, increased international competition, overextended entitlement programs, and debts to foreign countries that are becoming impossible to honor, America must mend its spendthrift ways or face an economic disaster of epic proportions. Throughout history, the American government has found it nearly impossible to spend only what has been raised through taxes. Wielding candid interviews with both average American taxpayers and government officials, Sundance veteran Patrick Creadon (Wordplay) helps demystify the nation’s financial practices and policies. The film follows former U.S. Comptroller General David Walker as he crisscrosses the country explaining America’s unsustainable fiscal policies to its citizens. With surgical precision, Creadon interweaves archival footage and economic data to paint a vivid and alarming profile of America’s current economic situation. The ultimate power of I.O.U.S.A. is that the film moves beyond doomsday rhetoric to proffer potential financial scenarios and propose solutions about how we can recreate a fiscally sound nation for future generations. Creadon uses candid interviews and his featured subjects include Warren Buffett, Alan Greenspan, Paul O’Neill, Robert Rubin, and Paul Volcker, along with the Peter G. Peterson Foundation’s own David Walker and Bob Bixby of the Concord Coalition, a Foundation grantee. Pointedly topical and consummately nonpartisan, I.O.U.S.A. drives home the message that the only time for America’s financial future is now.

Seeing this would only infuriate me in light of the fact that my pension (an "entitlement") was taken away a few years ago and I continue to pay for my medical/dental benefits while facing continued managerial downsizing while the union enjoys none of these issues. Avoiding.

• Cthulhu - Adapted from a story by H.P. Lovecraft. A Seattle history professor, drawn back to his estranged family on the Oregon coast to execute his late mother’s estate, is reacquainted with his best friend from childhood, with whom he has a long-awaited tryst. Caught in an accelerating series of events, he discovers aspects of his father’s New Age cult which take on a dangerous and apocalyptic significance.

Saw it and completely dug it. Would see it again. Great ending. Those of you who are homophobic and/or expecting a "faithful" retelling of Lovecraft's Cthulhu cycle might want to stay away. The Cthulhu mythos plays a subdued background role in the flick.

• Jack Brooks- Monster Slayer - After witnessing the brutal murder of his family, Jack Brooks (Trevor Matthews) is left with an unquenchable fury that he is constantly fighting to control. Now working as a local plumber and struggling in a relationship with his girlfriend Eve (Rachel Skarsten), Jack’s life has become a downward spiral. One night, Jack attempts to fix Professor Crowley’s (Robert Englund) old, rusted pipes, but unknowingly awakens an ancient evil. Lured by this demonic power, Professor Crowley discovers a monstrous black heart that quickly forces its way inside of him. Possessed by the heart now beating in his chest, the Professor starts a slow, gruesome transformation. It is at this moment that Jack realizes he can’t run from his past, and quickly discovers the true purpose of his inner rage.

This has gotten mixed reviews. I'll see it if it comes close to home or if the DVD's inexpensive and has great extras.

Uschi said:
    I won't rape you, I'll just fuck you 'till it hurts and then not stop and you'll cry.

MisterJLA: RACKS so hard, he called Jim Rome "Chris Everett." In Him, all porn is possible. He is far above mentions in so-called "blogs." RACK him, lest ye be lost!

"I can't even brush my teeth without gagging!" - Tommy Tantillo: Wank & Cry, heckpuppy, and general laughingstock

Inglourious Basterd!!!
    15000+ posts
    Inglourious Basterd!!!
    15000+ posts
    Zucker needs to die.

Dave, man. I love and respect you.

But are you out of your fucking mind?

Perhaps it's too strong a statement, in light of this comment:

Fair enough. I'm guilty of that. But the first Scary Movie was funny. The second was atrocious, and the third and fouth films were bland and unfunny. I blame Zucker and Nielson.

Uschi said:

Joe Mama #1003417 2008-09-11 11:56 PM
    kung-fu treachery
    5000+ posts
    kung-fu treachery
    5000+ posts

Seeing it!

Glacier16 #1003440 2008-09-12 12:57 AM
    the Offline
    Ignored by 3 users and 2 moderators
    4000+ posts
    4000+ posts
    MisterJLA talkative Moderator Epic Take Maker
    15000+ posts Thu Sep 11 2008 09:56 PM Reading a post
    Forum: Media
    Thread: Trailer Trash

the #1003469 2008-09-12 1:15 AM
    the Offline
    4000+ posts
    4000+ posts
    Jeremy happy Moderator Hangin' out like double D's
    10000+ posts Thu Sep 11 2008 10:14 PM Reading a post
    Forum: Media
    Thread: Trailer Trash

the #1003498 2008-09-12 4:54 AM
    6000+ posts
    6000+ posts
    "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People" looks damn good.

I may have... obtained... a copy of Sukiyaki Western Django.

It is good. Very, very good.

"Ah good. Now I'm on the internet clearly saying I like tranny cleavage. This shouldn't get me harassed at all."
    -- Lothar of the Hill People
    thedoctor #1003499 2008-09-12 5:05 AM
    Living the dream
    15000+ posts
    Living the dream
    15000+ posts

Why? Because the two spinoffs did poorly.

PCG342 #1003507 2008-09-12 11:49 AM
    Inglourious Basterd!!!
    15000+ posts
    Inglourious Basterd!!!
    15000+ posts
     Originally Posted By: PCG342
    "How to Lose Friends and Alienate People" looks damn good.

I may have... obtained... a copy of Sukiyaki Western Django.

It is good. Very, very good.

No real surprise there. DiabolikDVD has it available for pre-order, so OF COURSE bootlegs are out there. I'd rather pay for a legit release.

Uschi said:

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard