We already are
15000+ posts
except whomod.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Yeah that tax cut wasn't really at my level or most people for that matter & the war in Iraq cost way to much in lives lost & money due to Bush.

Fair play!
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
War is Hell. Someday when we have world peace you'll understand.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: The New Adventures of Old PJP
War is Hell. Someday when we have world peace you'll understand.

Yes war is hell but that doesn't excuse or change the mistakes this President made that made it worse.

Fair play!
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
world peace would be pretty fucking dull if you ask me.

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
Bush totally mismanaged the war, John McCain called for an increase in troops from the beginning, if McCain's advice had been followed from the beginning this thing would be old news.

Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
Bush totally mismanaged the war, John McCain called for an increase in troops from the beginning, if McCain's advice had been followed from the beginning this thing would be old news.

And now comes the news that Obama had meetings with Iraqi officials to prolong the war for political gain.

Tell me again why the Black Carter is the candidate of the peaceniks?

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
well I think a lot of us owe Barack Hussein Obama an apology, many have said he has never sponsored any major legislation, but I found this on the Illionois state government website:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/legisnet90/summary/900SR0110.html

it's a 90th General Assembly Summary of SR0110, it's sponsored by Barack himself, the subject of the bill?

Quote:
Short description:
11/1/97-ISLAMIC COMMUNITY DAY

Synopsis of Bill as introduced:
Declares November 1, 1997 to be South Shore Islamic Community
Center Day.

nope, not a closet Muslim....

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
But...but...Sarah Palin is a...Christian.
Sincerely,
the radical left

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
i think Barack should talk more about this Islamic Community Day, maybe make it a major part of his campaign, yknow to bring us together to heal and stuff....

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Actually, I remember reading a few months ago that Obama won't allow himself to be photographed with Muslims at campaign events because he doesn't want people to make the association. Not very inclusive, if you ask me.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
well he might as well add racism, to his sexism...

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
Actually, I remember reading a few months ago that Obama won't allow himself to be photographed with Muslims at campaign events because he doesn't want people to make the association. Not very inclusive, if you ask me.

There was an incident a while back where voluteers removed two women wearing the muslim head wrap thing but I think he publicly apologized to the two for that happening. His policy is to be inclusive & really the retards out there who are going work the whole "he's secretly a muslim" thing are going to do that no matter what anyway.

Fair play!
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Do you know that if Romney was the GOP nominee I wouldn't be licking his boots and making excuses for him nor would I be voting for him.

I'm just trying to hold a mirror up to your face MEM. It's pretty wild watching you toe the dem party line even though you never really liked Obama or the dirty tactics he used to beat your choice or the fact that he should have put your choice on the dem ticket and didn't.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Do you know that if Romney was the GOP nominee I wouldn't be licking his boots and making excuses for him nor would I be voting for him.

I'm just trying to hold a mirror up to your face MEM. It's pretty wild watching you toe the dem party line even though you never really liked Obama or the dirty tactics he used to beat your choice or the fact that he should have put your choice on the dem ticket and didn't.

You may have noticed I'm not making up things about McCain or Palin. And if it was Hillary or someone else on the ticket it would be just a different set of wild accusations that you guys would be getting all self-rightous about.

Fair play!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man

You may have noticed I'm not making up things about McCain or Palin. And if it was Hillary or someone else on the ticket it would be just a different set of wild accusations that you guys would be getting all self-rightous about.

You repeated lies others have told about palin. Its the same thing.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Geez, Obama's Muslim connections keep piling up: Obama's Pakistan Connection
  • Obama's background just gets curiouser and curiouser. I am still stumped as to how Dr. Al-Mansour came to mentor Barack Hussein Obama before he attended Harvard. How did Obama come to know Dr. Khalid al Mansour, Senior Advisor, HRH Prince Al-Waleed Bin Talal, and where did Obama get the money for his long strange trip? For a "poor, starving, student" Obama sure had/has a collection of rich, wealthy and politically connected muslims all over the world.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex

You repeated lies others have told about palin. Its the same thing.

Really, where?

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
You were posting about her alleged book banning, as I recall. That has been debunked.

To be fair, however, I think you dropped it after the allegation was disproven.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
The book banning thing for one. It never happened. It was lies from the whomodian crowd.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
You were posting about her alleged book banning, as I recall. That has been debunked.

Actually, and sadly, I stand corrected. I see, over the McCain thread, you're still repeating that canard.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

Don't make this about me. I'm trying to tell you that you hated this guy just 2 months ago. I'm asking you how you can just snap your fingers and support someone you had so much disgust for.

I was so against Romney I would have voted for Obama. Honest.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Actually, and sadly, I stand corrected. I see, over the McCain thread, you're still repeating that canard.

Then I must be in cahoots with the McCain campaign...
 Quote:
GOP campaign downplays Palin book-banning inquiry

WASILLA, Alaska (AP) — The McCain campaign is defending Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin's much-criticized inquiry into banning books at her hometown library, saying her questions were only hypothetical.

Shortly after taking office in 1996 as mayor of Wasilla, a city of about 7,000 people, Palin asked the city's head librarian about banning books. Later, the librarian was notified by Palin that she was being fired, although Palin backed off under pressure.

Palin alleged attempt at book-banning has been a matter of intense interest since Republican presidential nominee John McCain named her as his running mate last month.

Taylor Griffin, a spokesman for the McCain campaign, said Thursday that Palin asked the head librarian, Mary Ellen Emmons, on three occasions how she would react to attempts at banning books. He said the questions, in the fall of 1996, were hypothetical and entirely appropriate. He said a patron had asked the library to remove a title the year before and the mayor wanted to understand how such disputes were handled.

Records on the city's Web site, however, do not show any books were challenged in Wasilla in the 10 years before Palin took office.

AP

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I remember MEM telling us a year ago that he'd support McCain over Obama and me telling MEM that he'd turn on McCain because he (MEM) was too tied to the DNC.

Maybe I'm wrong and MEM is just trying to correct what he sees as misstatements about Obama. However, it sure looks like I was correct that he'd turn.

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

You are implying, if not outright alleging, that Palin tried to get books banned and fired the librarian when she refused. However, the article you cited does not allege any of that. It simply notes that Palin asked a hypothetical question and never banned any books. Furthermore, as noted before, there is no evidence that the librarian was fired because of Palin's desire to ban books.

You're repeating a smear even after it was disproven.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
totally. I think it was only about 3 months ago he was saying he would not support him.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

Don't make this about me. I'm trying to tell you that you hated this guy just 2 months ago. I'm asking you how you can just snap your fingers and support someone you had so much disgust for.

I was so against Romney I would have voted for Obama. Honest.

If it was a personality contest I would vote for McCain but there are also some policy differences that pretty much hands the vote to Obama as long as I think he's smart & capable enough to be president. And I've repeatedly said even when Hillary was in the race that the "he's secretly a muslim" was a bunch of crap. Why would it stop being crap now?

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I'm pretty sure you didn't think Obama was smart and capable enough to be president until approximately the same week McCain got the nomination.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
what are some policy differences?

by the way did you know as governor Palin was solely responsible for killing a bill that would have banned gay marriage. she said that she had no right to make that a law....it was unconstitutional.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

You are implying, if not outright alleging, that Palin tried to get books banned and fired the librarian when she refused. However, the article you cited does not allege any of that. It simply notes that Palin asked a hypothetical question and never banned any books. Furthermore, as noted before, there is no evidence that the librarian was fired because of Palin's desire to ban books.

You're repeating a smear even after it was disproven.

Nope. I just said Palin fired the librarian & that she had to rehire her. That's a matter of public record.

And how does her hypothetically asking a librarian 3 times if she would be willing to remove books make sense? Supposedly she says she wanted to know the procedure. If that were the case wouldn't anyone simply ask what the procedure was instead of repeatedly asking a librarian if she would remove books if Palin asked it of her?

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

by the way did you know as governor Palin was solely responsible for killing a bill that would have banned gay marriage. she said that she had no right to make that a law....it was unconstitutional.

That won't mean anything to MEM. Remember when it was pointed out that his beloved Bill Clinton was the one who signed the anti-gay "Defense of Marriage Act" into law? MEM deluded himself into thinking Clinton did that to save MEM from the Republicans.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

That won't mean anything to MEM. Remember when it was pointed out that his beloved Bill Clinton was the one who signed the anti-gay "Defense of Marriage Act" into law? MEM deluded himself into thinking Clinton did that to save MEM from the Republicans.

Actually I give her credit if she did that as I did McCain when he didn't follow Bush & the rest of the GOP on trying to ammend the constitution. But that still doesn't change the fact that she asked a librarian if she would be willing to remove books if Palin asked her. Her defense that it was just a hypothetical that she needed to ask 3 times makes sense how?

Fair play!
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
oy vey

15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
MEM, seriously, this comes off as you just casting about for a flimsy excuse for why you suddenly support Obama and dislike McCain.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
MEM, seriously, this comes off as you just casting about for a flimsy excuse for why you suddenly support Obama and dislike McCain.

I think I've praised McCain more than criticised him. That's quite different than disliking him as you accuse.

And I still like McCain. He's the guy who would kick your ass off the stage if you tried to pull your Obama crap in front of him.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I'll rephrase, then.

MEM, seriously, this comes off as you just casting about for a flimsy excuse for why you suddenly support Obama and no longer support McCain.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I'll rephrase, then.

MEM, seriously, this comes off as you just casting about for a flimsy excuse for why you suddenly support Obama and no longer support McCain.

The policy differences are significant enough where Obama is going to be my likely choice. As to you calling it flimsy, that kind of falls into taking you seriously & Rex is right about that.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
National Review:

• Chicago Talk Radio Host Milt Rosenberg had ... David Freddoso, author of The Case Against Barack Obama, his show tonight.

Rosenberg's producer emails to say that they're again trying to silence Freddoso, just like they did when Stanly Kurtz was on recently:

'Tonight, we have David Freddoso on our show discussing his new book. As we speak, thousands of Obama supporters are flooding our phone lines and e-mail boxes, just as they did for our show with Stanley Kurtz. An Obama Action Wire was sent out tonight to intimidate us into taking Freddoso off the air.'

Page 72 of 94 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 93 94

Link Copied to Clipboard