Print Thread
Page 20 of 43 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 42 43
the #1006169 2008-09-20 2:24 AM
the Offline
Ignored by 3 users and 2 moderators
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
King Snarf content User 10000+ posts Fri Sep 19 2008 11:24 PM Making a new reply
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: Re: Palin in 08

Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Captain Sammitch
mind your fucking business snarf.

I'm sorry, I thought I was posting at the rkmbs, were posting tasteless comments was the norm.

Knutreturns said: Spoken like the true Greatest RDCW Champ!

All hail King Snarf!

the #1006171 2008-09-20 2:25 AM
the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
King Snarf content User 10000+ posts Fri Sep 19 2008 11:24 PM Reading a post
Thread: Sarah Palin for VP

the #1006257 2008-09-20 3:11 AM
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Isn't it funny how once someone calls whomod out on his bullshit he claims it meant the exact opposite?

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts

Maybe G-Man will find a way to blame the Democrats for this. Or he'll simply talk around the issue and try to obfuscate the point of the entire matter as is his custom. Or he'll just talk about me.

Yeah, thing is, lying to a judge, even in George Bush's America, is a lot more serious than simply lying to the American people. Palin and McCain can derail a lot of investigations, perjury isn't one of them.

Quote:
Exclusive: New Doubts Over Palin's Troopergate Claims
Internal Government Document Contradicts Sarah Palin, Campaign
By JUSTIN ROOD
Sept. 19, 2008

An internal government document obtained by ABC News appears to contradict Sarah Palin's most recent explanation for why she fired her public safety chief, the move which prompted the now-contested state probe into "Troopergate."

Fighting back against allegations she may have fired her then-Public Safety Commissioner, Walt Monegan, for refusing to go along with a personal vendetta, Palin on Monday argued in a legal filing that she fired Monegan because he had a "rogue mentality" and was bucking her administration's directives.

"The last straw," her lawyer argued, came when he planned a trip to Washington, D.C., to seek federal funds for an aggressive anti-sexual-violence program. The project, expected to cost from $10 million to $20 million a year for five years, would have been the first of its kind in Alaska, which leads the nation in reported forcible rape.

The McCain-Palin campaign echoed the charge in a press release it distributed Monday, concurrent with Palin's legal filing. "Mr. Monegan persisted in planning to make the unauthorized lobbying trip to D.C.," the release stated.

But the governor's staff authorized the trip, according to an internal travel document from the Department of Public Safety, released Friday in response to an open records request.

The document, a state travel authorization form, shows that Palin's chief of staff, Mike Nizich, approved Monegan's trip to Washington, D.C., "to attend meeting with Senator Murkowski." The date next to Nizich's signature reads June 18.

In response to inquiries about the document Friday, the McCain-Palin campaign provided a statement from Randy Ruaro, another aide to Palin.

According to Ruaro, Monegan asked for -- and received -- approval for the travel without telling Palin's staff his reason for going. "As a matter of routine, the travel was approved by Mike Nizich ... weeks before the actual purpose was made clear by former Commissioner Monegan," Ruaro wrote.

"When you receive permission to travel, it does not mean that you receive blanket authorization to discuss or do whatever you would like on that trip," he added.

Last week a legislative panel approved a subpoena for Nizich to be interviewed by Stephen Branchflower, the prosecutor hired to conduct the Alaska Legislature's inquiry into Troopergate. The Attorney General informed the Legislature earlier this week that Nizich and other state employees subpoenaed in the matter would not submit to interviews.

Nizich did not respond to a message left Friday afternoon.

In Palin's court filing Monday – to stop an investigation by her state Personnel Board she earlier had requested – her lawyer, Thomas V. Van Flein, included numerous emails from her staff expressing confusion and incredulity over Monegan's planned D.C. trip. None of those emails were sent by or to Nizich, although he was cc'd on several.

Contacted Friday, Monegan confirmed the travel authorization was to pursue funding for the anti-sexual-violence program. He said the travel authorization form was completed in a fashion consistent with practice, even though it showed no expenditures. The signed form approved the travel, he said, and authorized him to use a government credit card or seek reimbursement for expenses he incurred during the trip.

Monegan said he didn't know why Palin's chief of staff approved a trip that confounded her other aides. "It sounds like it's a breakdown of communication internal to the governor's staff," he said.

So much for Caibou Barbie.

As an aside, Olbermann had a thing going all week where he'd donate $100.00 bucks for evry lie Palin would tell this week. He cut a big fat check to the Alaska special Olympics which Palin underfunded and then touted about her efforts for kids with special needs.

You liars are so fucked. Now there is a document to pin her lies in some sort of accountable fashion. Buh bye liar.

And even if she somehow is being truthful, which is unlikely given the evidence, did they really want to say they fired a guy because he wanted to aggressively fight rape in the state with one of the highest instances of rape in America? That's some accomplishment! The icing is Palin making the victims pay for their own rape kits! Hello Womens vote!!

Again, it wasn't the crime, it was the coverup. And the lies associated with it. The election geniuses in the McCain campaign managed to make a minor Alaska matter of little interest to anyone into something HUGE due to their obfuscation. Nice going. I approve.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
What happened to your running total of soldiers that died in iraq? You finally realize that you were a piece of shit for doing that or were all the numbers confusing you?

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex
What happened to your running total of soldiers that died in iraq? You finally realize that you were a piece of shit for doing that or were all the numbers confusing you?

Here you go.

U.S. Confirmed Deaths
Reported Deaths: 4168
Confirmed Deaths: 4161
Pending Confirmation: 7

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
But Rex, what do you think of ABC proving Palin as a liar? Maybe now they'll fact check all the bullshit she's been spewing non stop since she claimed her teleprompter malfunctioned at the GOP convention.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
maybe you'll quit molesting children? if you haven't realized by now whomod, we don't value the opinion of a known child molester like yourself.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod
But Rex, what do you think of ABC proving Palin as a liar? Maybe now they'll fact check all the bullshit she's been spewing non stop since she claimed her teleprompter malfunctioned at the GOP convention.

I don't care. I don't care because I know it drives you crazy because you're a miserable little fuck who desperately wants everyone else to be a miserable little fuck.

rex #1006443 2008-09-20 4:09 PM
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
I'm still amazed at people like whomod and MEM who think Palin was wrong for wanting to see fired a crooked cop who abused his family and tasered a ten year old kid.

the G-man #1006448 2008-09-20 4:37 PM
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
me too.....I expected better from MEM. seriously.

PJP #1006452 2008-09-20 5:42 PM
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
MEM knew, in his heart, that McCain is the better candidate. He even said so many times.

At the same time, he's a seriously partisan democrat. He was desperate for an excuse to jump on the Messiah train.

Palin-or, more accurately, the Obamainstream press smears of Palin-gave him that excuse and now he's going to ride it for all he can.

the G-man #1006464 2008-09-20 6:46 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: the G-man
MEM knew, in his heart, that McCain is the better candidate. He even said so many times.

At the same time, he's a seriously partisan democrat. He was desperate for an excuse to jump on the Messiah train.

Palin-or, more accurately, the Obamainstream press smears of Palin-gave him that excuse and now he's going to ride it for all he can.

A new round of Marist polls gives Barack Obama the lead in three key swing states:

• In Michigan, Obama has built up a strong lead of 52%-43% among likely voters, outside of the ±4% margin of error.

• In Ohio, Obama is ahead 47%-45% among likely voters, within the ±4.5% margin of error. Most polls have McCain ahead here, and this might explain the difference: In this one, Obama has consolidated the support of 90% of Democrats, while most others show him losing more defectors to McCain.

• In Pennsylvania, Obama has a lead of 49%-44% among likely voters, with a ±4.5% margin of error.

The Sept. 15-17 Gallup Poll Daily tracking update showed Obama with a 48 percent to 44 percent lead over McCain among registered voters, ``marking the first time that Obama has held a statistically significant lead in two weeks,'' the polling and research organization said yesterday. Obama had a 5-point lead over McCain, according to a CBS News/New York Times poll conducted Sept. 12-16 and posted on the CBS Web site on Sept. 17. McCain had a 2 percentage-point lead among registered voters in a CBS News poll released on Sept. 8, just after the Republican National Convention, CBS said.

Originally Posted By: G-Man, bsmas, Rex, PJP, sammitch etc.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
The Anchorage Daily News reports that "Palin "has surrendered important gubernatorial duties" to the McCain campaign. Palin has ceded control of Alaska to John McCain's campaign staff. That can't be good for Alaskans:

Quote:
Gov. Sarah Palin has surrendered important gubernatorial duties to the Republican presidential campaign. McCain staff are handling public and press questions about actions she has taken as governor. The governor who said, "Hold me accountable," is hiding behind the hired guns of the McCain campaign to avoid accountability.

Is it too much to ask that Alaska's governor speak for herself, directly to Alaskans, about her actions as Alaska's governor?

Apparently, the answer to the question is "Yes." Instead, Alaska's governor is speaking directly to the rest of America -- and, like her running mate on the Palin-McCain ticket, is lying to our faces. But that's OK, after 8 years, Republicans are used to and even enjoy being lied to day after day after day by heir Republican heroes. They'll just dismiss fact checkers as being agents of satan or something.

Ready to lead? She can't even lead her own state to which she was elected to do. Of course she can stymie investigations at the behest of the McCain campaign and the Republican Party. and you guys wonder why people are thinking twice about 4 more years of behaviour that looks like the past 8?

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
oh no! black dukakis leads some bean-counter's popularity poll. that's exactly the same as winning the election!

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
whomod #1006498 2008-09-20 8:01 PM
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
whomod, let me preface my remarks by noting that I'm not saying McCain has this election in the bag. Only a fool would say that.

However, two of the polls you cited are essentially tied and, as you note, other polls have different results.

Do we really need to bring up, again, that you did this four years ago with Kerry and made yourself look like a complete imbecile when he lost by, what, a million votes?

the G-man #1006516 2008-09-20 10:26 PM
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but apparently Palin wants to "Pray Away the Gay"....

All hail King Snarf!

King Snarf #1006518 2008-09-20 10:39 PM
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Do you think it would work on you?

rex #1006520 2008-09-20 10:43 PM
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Award-Winning Author
10000+ posts
Probably not, as I'm not gay, no matter how much you wish it weren't so....

All hail King Snarf!

whomod #1006538 2008-09-21 2:37 AM
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

A new round of Marist polls gives Barack Obama the lead in three key swing states:

• In Michigan, Obama has built up a strong lead of 52%-43% among likely voters, outside of the ±4% margin of error.

• In Ohio, Obama is ahead 47%-45% among likely voters, within the ±4.5% margin of error. Most polls have McCain ahead here, and this might explain the difference: In this one, Obama has consolidated the support of 90% of Democrats, while most others show him losing more defectors to McCain.

• In Pennsylvania, Obama has a lead of 49%-44% among likely voters, with a ±4.5% margin of error.

The Sept. 15-17 Gallup Poll Daily tracking update showed Obama with a 48 percent to 44 percent lead over McCain among registered voters, ``marking the first time that Obama has held a statistically significant lead in two weeks,'' the polling and research organization said yesterday. Obama had a 5-point lead over McCain, according to a CBS News/New York Times poll conducted Sept. 12-16 and posted on the CBS Web site on Sept. 17. McCain had a 2 percentage-point lead among registered voters in a CBS News poll released on Sept. 8, just after the Republican National Convention, CBS said.

Originally Posted By: G-Man, bsmas, Rex, PJP, sammitch etc.

That's great news for you! It looks like this is over and you can stop being so angry since your candidate will win! Good Job!

PJP #1006725 2008-09-21 9:54 PM
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: PJP

Fortunatley for me I don't expect better from either of you guys. I can't imagine how you would feel if I treated McCain like you guys treat Obama. All that said, I think I've known you guys online for enough years where despite our partisan differences I think your good guys if that means anything.

Fair play!
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
But McCain is a patriot, and Obama is a closet America hating secret Muslim. it would be weird for you to make fun of someone for loving there country dont you think?

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
But McCain is a patriot, and Obama is a closet America hating secret Muslim. it would be weird for you to make fun of someone for loving there country dont you think?

Thank you for the example BSAMS.

Fair play!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
I really hope you don't say anything bad about McCain. Us and our weak minds might end up voting for obama if you say something too mean.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Originally Posted By: PJP

Fortunatley for me I don't expect better from either of you guys. I can't imagine how you would feel if I treated McCain like you guys treat Obama. All that said, I think I've known you guys online for enough years where despite our partisan differences I think your good guys if that means anything.
I think you are a great guy! Which is why I care about what you think.

PJP #1006776 2008-09-21 11:52 PM
the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Matter-eater Man argumentative User Fair Play!
5000+ posts Sun Sep 21 2008 08:51 PM Reading a post
Thread: Sarah Palin for VP

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
I'm still amazed at people like whomod and MEM who think Palin was wrong for wanting to see fired a crooked cop who abused his family and tasered a ten year old kid.

That isn't reflective of what I've posted. I'm mostly following the investigation into of Palin allegedly abusing her office when she fired somebody else. If she did that & lied & tried covering it up, well I can understand why she would appeal to you as a VP.

Her ex-brother-in-law doesn't sound like a great family guy btw but the tasering incident sounds worse than what it was. I played sports, had snow ball fights with my dad with a bigger chance of injury than being tasered for a second. The kid begged him to do it & he did it in such a way that it was the equivalent of having your funny bone hit. Afterwards his stepson asked if he could get tasered again. Now I think the guy sounds like a loser since he's been married about as many times as your guy Rudy but this particular incident is a case where it sounds bad as long as you keep it as "he tasered an 11 yr old" & forego the details.

Fair play!
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
MEM, according multiple sources, including Amnesty International, Tasers can be fatal in some circumstances. In others, courts have held their use to be excessive force. While their use is preferable to, say, firearms in many circumstances they aren't a toy that you use on a kid as a joke.

I was at demonstration a couple years ago where the local Undersheriff volunteered to be the test subject to demonstrate the department's taser policy for local officials. This guy was a 6'4" ex-marine, wearing protective gear, and the Taser still dropped him to his knees. I would never want someone to use one on an 11 year kid unless it was a life or death situation and, even then, I'd be uncomfortable with the idea of it.

You can make excuses for the guy in an attempt to get at Palin but the simple fact of the matter is that any cop who fucks around with his weapons and a kid should be fired. It's too risky.

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

You can make excuses for the guy in an attempt to get at Palin but the simple fact of the matter is that any cop who fucks around with his weapons and a kid should be fired. It's too risky.

No excuses were made G-man, I just read the details of the investigation they did on him. He just had been through the training to use it & knew the kid wouldn't get hurt. Palin on the other hand may have fired someone because he wouldn't exact her family revenge and is now trying to evade the investigation.

Fair play!
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
yep. The fact of the matter is that the GOP is trying to make this abut the trooper when it was about Palin firing the guy in charge of trooper Wooten. The trooper is not the issue. Especially since he was cleared after an investigation.

As far as the taser issue, it was bad judgement but it was done at the behest of the kid in order to impress his cousin, the young unwed Palin girl.

But as I said, that is all a side distraction that the GOP as always want to use to distract and obfuscate like they always do. The trooper was investigated. He was reprimanded and kept his job . End of the trooper story. The issue then becomes Sarah Palin firing the public safety commissioner, Walter Monegan because he wouldn't do what she demanded, fire the brother in law. The more you read about this, the more it seems like a busybody woman trying to get even with a brother in law and using the power of her authority to exact petty revenge.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Uh-oh. Bush and the Republicans worked so hard to win over the Washington Post editorial page. Fred Hiatt was their biggest cheerleader. And, he loved McCain too. But, there's trouble brewing -- over McCain's biggest decision so far. They're getting "queasier" about Palin at Wash. Post HQ:

Quote:
Mr. McCain's selection of an inexperienced and relatively unknown figure was unsettling, and the campaign's decision to keep her sequestered from serious interchanges with reporters and voters serves only to deepen the unease. Mr. McCain is entitled to choose the person he thinks would be best for the job. He is not entitled to keep the public from being able to make an informed assessment of that judgment. Ms. Palin's speech-making skills are impressive, but the more she repeats the same stump speech lines, the queasier we get. Nor have her answers to the gentle questioning she has encountered provided any confidence that Ms. Palin has a grasp of the issues.

You won't get any confidence because she has no grasp of the issues. That says volumes about John McCain. And, it's actually worse. Because, in Palin's mind, she's not the running mate. She's the top of the ticket:

terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
feel the liberal rage!

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
whomod #1006995 2008-09-22 4:28 PM
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
As far as the taser issue, it was bad judgement but it was done at the behest of the kid in order to impresshis cousin, the young unwed Palin girl.

So the Obamatarians are back to attacking Palin's family, including her 11 year old nephew and her daughter again?

Troopers who show bad judgement are supposed to get fired, whomod. They aren't supposed to blame the underaged victim.

Man, you people will step over anybody and betray every principle to get this guy into power, won't you?

the G-man #1006998 2008-09-22 4:32 PM
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
He was investigated and reprimanded by his superiors, numbnuts.

You can stop spinning now.

Apparently procedure isn't good enough for Sarah Palin. Anyone not exacting the kind of personal revenge she wants to her satisfaction is in danger of losing their job.

Last edited by whomod; 2008-09-22 4:35 PM.
whomod #1006999 2008-09-22 4:42 PM
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
terrible podcaster
15000+ posts
Edited by whomod (09/22/08 01:35 PM)

go.

ᴚ ᴀ ᴐ ᴋ ᴊ ᴌ ᴧ
ಠ_ಠ
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Does anyone here really think that, if this wasn't a chance to take potshots at a Republican, whomod would be arguing that a reprimand was sufficient punishment for a cop who assaulted an underaged kid?

the G-man #1007005 2008-09-22 5:38 PM
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
'SNL' Palin-Incest Joke Falls Flat: Sketch touches off firestorm by casually inferring incest between Todd Palin and pregnant teen daughter Bristol.

To be fair to Obama's supporters over at SNL, I am pretty sure that the point of the sketch was to poke fun at the NY Times for going overboard in their Palin coverage.

However, it was still a sick, clumsy joke and the fact they even came up with says a lot about their attitudes towards the governor and people in 'red' states.

In fact, it is, in some ways, reminiscient of Obama's own views that people in rural communities are bitter and cling to guns and religion.

whomod #1007019 2008-09-22 7:52 PM
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
He was investigated and reprimanded by his superiors, numbnuts.

You can stop spinning now.

Apparently procedure isn't good enough for Sarah Palin. Anyone not exacting the kind of personal revenge she wants to her satisfaction is in danger of losing their job.
Vince Foster, George Stephanopoulos and Dick Morris weren't available for comment.

Oh and Foster wasn't available because the Clinton's murdered him.

the G-man #1007020 2008-09-22 7:53 PM
PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
Does anyone here really think that, if this wasn't a chance to take potshots at a Republican, whomod would be arguing that a reprimand was sufficient punishment for a cop who assaulted an underaged kid?
not in a million years.

Page 20 of 43 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 42 43

Link Copied to Clipboard