15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Quote:
McCain Camp: Let's Push Back Biden-Palin Match-Up, Too
Share September 24, 2008 7:04 PM
ABC News' Teddy Davis and Rigel Anderson Report:

The McCain campaign told ABC News on Wednesday that John McCain wants to postpone Friday's presidential debate until Thursday, Oct. 2.

The Arizona senator would like the vice presidential debate between Sarah Palin and Joe Biden, which is currently scheduled to take place on Thursday, Oct. 2 in St. Louis, Missouri, to be scheduled for a later unspecified date.

ABC news

Fair play!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Yeah, that's what I said earlier. Thanks for not paying attention, again.

November 6th, 2012: Americas new Independence Day.
the Offline
Ignored by 3 users and 2 moderators
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Matter-eater Man argumentative User Fair Play!
5000+ posts Wed Sep 24 2008 09:45 PM Reading a post
Forum: Politics and Current Events
Thread: McCain in 08?

the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
the G-man ass-kicky User Palin Maniac
15000+ posts Wed Sep 24 2008 09:45 PM Reading a post

the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
Prometheus cool User Hack in Business
15000+ posts Wed Sep 24 2008 09:47 PM Reading a post

the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
PJP annoyed Moderator My Dog Supports John McCain
15000+ posts Wed Sep 24 2008 09:54 PM Making a new reply
Thread: Re: McCain evading debates in 08

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man
 Quote:
McCain Camp: Let's Push Back Biden-Palin Match-Up, Too
Share September 24, 2008 7:04 PM
ABC News' Teddy Davis and Rigel Anderson Report:

The McCain campaign told ABC News on Wednesday that John McCain wants to postpone Friday's presidential debate until Thursday, Oct. 2.

The Arizona senator would like the vice presidential debate between Sarah Palin and Joe Biden, which is currently scheduled to take place on Thursday, Oct. 2 in St. Louis, Missouri, to be scheduled for a later unspecified date.

ABC news

If that is true I would have a problem with that. there is no reason why those two fuck nuts shouldn't be debating.

the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
5000+ posts Wed Sep 24 2008 09:56 PM Making a new reply

the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
5000+ posts Wed Sep 24 2008 09:56 PM Making a new reply

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: rex
Yeah, that's what I said earlier. Thanks for not paying attention, again.

Yeah I sort of filter most of your posts out. Nothing personal but it's mostly attacks on other RKMBers & not really my cup of tea.

If you posted about the Palin debate being moved back my apologies.

Fair play!
rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
You could read my posts if you pulled your head out of the sand.

the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
5000+ posts Wed Sep 24 2008 10:03 PM Reading a post

the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
5000+ posts Wed Sep 24 2008 10:04 PM Making a new reply

Fair Play!
15000+ posts
Online Argumentative
Fair Play!
15000+ posts

I do give them a scan Rex but the attack stuff just doesn't interest me.

Fair play!
Officially "too old for this shit"
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts
Unless it's an attack on Palin, McCain or some other Republican. ;\)

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: Matter-eater Man

I do give them a scan Rex but the attack stuff just doesn't interest me.

So you ignore every post you don't agree with.

the Offline
4000+ posts
4000+ posts
rex ass-kicky User breaker of the insurgency
15000+ posts Wed Sep 24 2008 10:14 PM Making a new reply

the #1008322 2008-09-25 6:34 PM
some RKMB'ers are Obsessed with Black People Hmmm?
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
McCain suspends his campaign to work on the crises and thats putting himself first? when is the last time you had your Med doses checked?

Until you and the traditional media types can show some shred of evidence that John McCain suspended his campaign -- besides McCain saying it -- you and the traditional media types should stop saying McCain suspended his campaign. He didn't.

Evidence abounds that McCain's campaign is operating at full speed. McCain spoke at the Clinton Global Initiative this morning, Palin did a photo op at ground Zero today, then at 11am, McCain's senior economics advisor was busy doing a campaign event with the uber-conservative Washington Times (she's not there as a private citizen). It isn't a suspension of your campaign when you continue to do everything you were going to do anyway.

Think Progress found five instances of McCain campaign flacks on t.v. spinning their message. There's active campaign underway in Virginia. And, by doing some actual investigating, Huffington Post confirmed that the McCain campaign is very active today in key battleground states:

Quote:
Across the country, McCain campaign offices are up and running, accepting volunteers, conducting phone banking, literature dropping and over GOTV activities. This held true on a local, state, and even regional level. The Huffington Post called up 15 McCain-Palin and McCain Victory Committee headquarters in various battleground states. Not one said that it was temporarily halting operations because of the supposed "suspension" in the campaign. Several, in fact, enthusiastically declared the continuation of their work. Others hadn't even heard that the candidate for whom they were devoting their time had officially stopped campaigning.

Here's a little hint for the political press corps: If you can keep reporting on Palin/McCain campaign events and if you keep having McCain staffers on your networks, the campaign ain't suspended.

John McCain tried to dupe the American people. He got a lot of help from the traditional media. If they actually reported what was going on and not what McCain said, this sham would be exposed.

As for bsams, it's starting to get embarrassing how many Republican and McCain lies you so unquestioningly swallow. So insults make you not only look gullible, but they make you look like a gullible asshole.

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Barney Frank has had some of the best lines:

Quote:
“All of a sudden, now that we’re on the verge of making a deal, John McCain drops himself in to make a deal," Frank said. "I really worry about this politicization of it."

"Frankly, we’re going to have to interrupt a negotiating session tomorrow between the Democrats and Republicans on a bill, where I think we’re getting pretty close, and troop down to the White House for their photo-op, and then come back and get on to it," Frank said.

“We’re trying to rescue the economy, not the McCain campaign,” he added.

and wouldn't you know it, the Dems and Republicans reach preliminary deal on bailout plan. All without McCain. McCain was AWOL today while the real deal was being negotiated. What a surprise. But I'm sure McCain will show up for his photo op at the White House later today.

Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
Timelord. Drunkard.
15000+ posts
The deal isn't totally set as there are House Republicans who are not only wary of the plan, but are creating one of their own.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080925/ap_on_bi_ge/financial_meltdown
 Quote:
But there were fresh signs of trouble in the House Republican Caucus. A group of GOP lawmakers circulated an alternative designed to attract private money back into the credit markets with less government intrusion.

Under that proposal, the government would provide insurance to companies that agree to hold frozen assets, rather than purchase them directly as envisioned under the administration's plan. The firms would have to pay insurance premiums to the Treasury Department for the coverage.

"The taxpayers haven't done anything wrong," said Rep Eric Cantor, R-Va., adding that rather than require them to bear the cost of the bailout, the alternative "pretty much puts the burden on Wall Street over time."

Boehner, R-Ohio, the minority leader, was huddling with McCain on the rescue. When asked whether the GOP presidential nominee could corral restive Republicans to support the plan, Boehner said, "Who knows?"

whomod said: I generally don't like it when people decide to play by the rules against people who don't play by the rules.
It tends to put you immediately at a disadvantage and IMO is a sign of true weakness.
This is true both in politics and on the internet."

Our Friendly Neighborhood Ray-man said: "no, the doctor's right. besides, he has seniority."
5000+ posts
5000+ posts
There is yet more reason as to why McCain is trying to duck out of the debate. The first debate, far from being all about foreign policy, will have an economic focus -- and the campaigns knew that last week. Further evidence that this is all just a political stunt by McCain:

Quote:
How could Jim Lehrer, a newsman, not ask about the economy?

Well, he will.

A senior Obama adviser says that the CPD has told both campaigns that there will be questions about the economic crisis during Friday's debate.

They were told this last week...

Last week. McCain knew last week that the first debate would give the candidates a chance to discuss the economic situation on national t.v. with a huge audience. He doesn't want that. He prefers the drama.

McCain's erratic behavior gets more disturbing by the hour. But regardless, there will be an event tomorrow night in Oxford, Mississippi with or without John McCain

Quote:
Sam Stein:

Barack Obama is committed to hosting a public, televised event Friday night in Mississippi even if John McCain does not show up, an official close to the Obama campaign tells the Huffington Post.

In McCain's absence, the Senator is willing to make the scheduled debate a townhall meeting, a one-on-one interview with NewsHour's Jim Lehrer, or the combination of the two, the official said.

Such a course of action could make life incredibly difficult for McCain, who has called for the suspension of the debate in light of the current economic crisis. Should he stay in Washington D.C. -- if a bailout is not completed by then -- and let Obama alone reach tens of millions of television viewers?

A lot, of course, depends upon what the debate commission decides to do. At this point in time, there is no indication that they are going to postpone the affair, as the McCain campaign has asked.

This gambit from McCain didn't work either.

It's amazing how desperate McCain is and has been for "town hall" style events. The only type of event that he's excelled at in the past. Which is why he's been so adamant about wanting to commit Obama to that type of event and not just a standard moderated one with an actual reporter asking tough questions.

So McCain is finally getting Obama at a town Hall debate. Only without him there.

Educator to comprehension impaired (JLA, that is you)
50000+ posts
50000+ posts
it figures Osama would do a town hall without McCain, he is a coward after all...

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
Kinda like ducking a debate where they'll ask you about your beliefs and votes regarding deregulation and his lobbyist heavy campaign.

Cowardly like that.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts
dont worry whomod, I'm sure they wont ask Obama about all his fanny mae contributions he recieved, the ones that are higher than any other Senator....

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: whomod
Kinda like ducking a debate where they'll ask you about your beliefs and votes regarding deregulation and his lobbyist heavy campaign.

Cowardly like that.
Bill Clinton defended McCain and said he was right today.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: britneyspearsatemyshorts
McCain suspends his campaign to work on the crises and thats putting himself first? when is the last time you had your Med doses checked?

Until you and the traditional media types can show some shred of evidence that John McCain suspended his campaign -- besides McCain saying it -- you and the traditional media types should stop saying McCain suspended his campaign. He didn't.

Evidence abounds that McCain's campaign is operating at full speed. McCain spoke at the Clinton Global Initiative this morning, Palin did a photo op at ground Zero today, then at 11am, McCain's senior economics advisor was busy doing a campaign event with the uber-conservative Washington Times (she's not there as a private citizen). It isn't a suspension of your campaign when you continue to do everything you were going to do anyway.

Think Progress found five instances of McCain campaign flacks on t.v. spinning their message. There's active campaign underway in Virginia. And, by doing some actual investigating, Huffington Post confirmed that the McCain campaign is very active today in key battleground states:

Quote:
Across the country, McCain campaign offices are up and running, accepting volunteers, conducting phone banking, literature dropping and over GOTV activities. This held true on a local, state, and even regional level. The Huffington Post called up 15 McCain-Palin and McCain Victory Committee headquarters in various battleground states. Not one said that it was temporarily halting operations because of the supposed "suspension" in the campaign. Several, in fact, enthusiastically declared the continuation of their work. Others hadn't even heard that the candidate for whom they were devoting their time had officially stopped campaigning.

Here's a little hint for the political press corps: If you can keep reporting on Palin/McCain campaign events and if you keep having McCain staffers on your networks, the campaign ain't suspended.

John McCain tried to dupe the American people. He got a lot of help from the traditional media. If they actually reported what was going on and not what McCain said, this sham would be exposed.

As for bsams, it's starting to get embarrassing how many Republican and McCain lies you so unquestioningly swallow. So insults make you not only look gullible, but they make you look like a gullible asshole.

Sincerely, retarded fucknut.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Barney Frank has had some of the best lines:

Quote:
“All of a sudden, now that we’re on the verge of making a deal, John McCain drops himself in to make a deal," Frank said. "I really worry about this politicization of it."

"Frankly, we’re going to have to interrupt a negotiating session tomorrow between the Democrats and Republicans on a bill, where I think we’re getting pretty close, and troop down to the White House for their photo-op, and then come back and get on to it," Frank said.

“We’re trying to rescue the economy, not the McCain campaign,” he added.

and wouldn't you know it, the Dems and Republicans reach preliminary deal on bailout plan. All without McCain. McCain was AWOL today while the real deal was being negotiated. What a surprise. But I'm sure McCain will show up for his photo op at the White House later today.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
There is yet more reason as to why McCain is trying to duck out of the debate. The first debate, far from being all about foreign policy, will have an economic focus -- and the campaigns knew that last week. Further evidence that this is all just a political stunt by McCain:

Quote:
How could Jim Lehrer, a newsman, not ask about the economy?

Well, he will.

A senior Obama adviser says that the CPD has told both campaigns that there will be questions about the economic crisis during Friday's debate.

They were told this last week...

Last week. McCain knew last week that the first debate would give the candidates a chance to discuss the economic situation on national t.v. with a huge audience. He doesn't want that. He prefers the drama.

McCain's erratic behavior gets more disturbing by the hour. But regardless, there will be an event tomorrow night in Oxford, Mississippi with or without John McCain

Quote:
Sam Stein:

Barack Obama is committed to hosting a public, televised event Friday night in Mississippi even if John McCain does not show up, an official close to the Obama campaign tells the Huffington Post.

In McCain's absence, the Senator is willing to make the scheduled debate a townhall meeting, a one-on-one interview with NewsHour's Jim Lehrer, or the combination of the two, the official said.

Such a course of action could make life incredibly difficult for McCain, who has called for the suspension of the debate in light of the current economic crisis. Should he stay in Washington D.C. -- if a bailout is not completed by then -- and let Obama alone reach tens of millions of television viewers?

A lot, of course, depends upon what the debate commission decides to do. At this point in time, there is no indication that they are going to postpone the affair, as the McCain campaign has asked.

This gambit from McCain didn't work either.

It's amazing how desperate McCain is and has been for "town hall" style events. The only type of event that he's excelled at in the past. Which is why he's been so adamant about wanting to commit Obama to that type of event and not just a standard moderated one with an actual reporter asking tough questions.

So McCain is finally getting Obama at a town Hall debate. Only without him there.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts

Cowardly like that.

50000+ posts
50000+ posts

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
the AP calls out the liar. BSAMS cries

AP: McCain didn't suspend his campaign as promised

Busted. McCain's campaign specifically said they'd stop appearances, rallies, and TV advertising. But they didn't. Liars.

Quote:
Republican presidential nominee John McCain vowed Wednesday to suspend his campaign to focus on the nation's financial crisis, but there were plenty of signs of activity on Thursday — including an apparently live fundraising link on the campaign's Web site.

On Wednesday, McCain said: "Tomorrow morning, I will suspend my campaign and return to Washington after speaking at the Clinton Global Initiative. I have spoken to Senator Obama and informed him of my decision and have asked him to join me."

He offered no details, but senior campaign adviser Steve Schmidt later told reporters, "We're just not going to engage right now in the back and forth of the campaign," adding that meant appearances, rallies and TV advertising would be canceled. In an e-mail to reporters, spokesman Brian Rogers added that fundraising would be halted.

McCain appeared that evening in an interview on CBS' newscast, but canceled a planned appearance on David Letterman's "Late Show." His vice presidential running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, made a highly visible visit to ground zero in New York on Thursday morning. McCain spokeswoman Nicole Wallace appeared on NBC's "Today" show....

E-mail messages continued to trickle out from the campaign, but at a far slower rate than normal. And the Huffington Post, a left-leaning Web site, said it had called 15 McCain campaign offices in battleground states, and none said it was suspending operations.

it's sad how many times bsams falls for Republican lies.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
 Originally Posted By: PJP

Cowardly like that.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

Busted. McCain's campaign specifically said they'd stop appearances, rallies, and TV advertising. But they didn't. Liars.

Quote:
Republican presidential nominee John McCain vowed Wednesday to suspend his campaign to focus on the nation's financial crisis, but there were plenty of signs of activity on Thursday — including an apparently live fundraising link on the campaign's Web site.

On Wednesday, McCain said: "Tomorrow morning, I will suspend my campaign and return to Washington after speaking at the Clinton Global Initiative. I have spoken to Senator Obama and informed him of my decision and have asked him to join me."

He offered no details, but senior campaign adviser Steve Schmidt later told reporters, "We're just not going to engage right now in the back and forth of the campaign," adding that meant appearances, rallies and TV advertising would be canceled. In an e-mail to reporters, spokesman Brian Rogers added that fundraising would be halted.

McCain appeared that evening in an interview on CBS' newscast, but canceled a planned appearance on David Letterman's "Late Show." His vice presidential running mate, Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, made a highly visible visit to ground zero in New York on Thursday morning. McCain spokeswoman Nicole Wallace appeared on NBC's "Today" show....

E-mail messages continued to trickle out from the campaign, but at a far slower rate than normal. And the Huffington Post, a left-leaning Web site, said it had called 15 McCain campaign offices in battleground states, and none said it was suspending operations.

and how 'bout you and Democrat lies?

5000+ posts
5000+ posts
So you concede that McCain lied about halting his campaign?

Good. It was starting to look embarrassing the way bsams at least kept on trying to turn up into down.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts

5000+ posts
5000+ posts

Bill Clinton also wanted his wife to be the Democratic nominee. In fact some of you right wingers here were actively cheering on Hillary if I recall. He's been a wild card ll throughout this campaign and he continues to be one today. I don't think it's a reach to question his motives.

From what I'm hearing right now, McCain since showing up on Capitol Hill has been leading the Republican House members who are against this, in opposition to the bill. Even though they've nearly reached a compromise with both the Dems and Republicans as well as the White House. Look, I'm all for closer scrutiny of this bill and a slower pace, I'm not however for someone arriving to scuttle any compromise and solution and to do it for political gain.

PJP Offline
We already are
15000+ posts
We already are
15000+ posts
I'm sure they will get it done whomod and I'm sure the prescence of both Obama and McCain will help. They should be there. It really doesn't matter who's idea it was just let them get the best deal done asap. They should have been down there all week.

PJP #1008447 2008-09-25 10:56 PM
15000+ posts
OP Offline
15000+ posts

Cowardly like that.

Yep. Clinton pointed out that Obama, not McCain, spent all summer ducking debates:

• Former President Bill Clinton defended Sen. John McCain's request to delay the first presidential debate, saying McCain did it in "good faith" and pushed organizers to reserve time for economy talk during the debate if the Friday plans move forward.

"We know he didn't do it because he's afraid because Sen. McCain wanted more debates," Clinton said, adding that he was "encouraged" by the joint statement from McCain and Sen. Barack Obama.

"I presume he did that in good faith since I know he wanted -- I remember he asked for more debates to go all around the country and so I don't think we ought to overly parse that."

I really think that, while Bill will never admit it, he's voting for McCain.

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts

Quote:

rex Offline
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
Who will I break next?
15000+ posts
So you concede that McCain lied about halting his campaign?

Good. It was starting to look embarrassing the way bsams at least kept on trying to turn up into down.

Page 30 of 38 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 37 38

Link Copied to Clipboard